What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (1 Viewer)

I thought I stole him in the draft honestly but it's week 6.  Time to accept that this isn't his year.  I wish i traded him for swift when i had the chance after week 1.

I thought I stole him in the draft honestly but it's week 6.  Time to accept that this isn't his year.  I wish i traded him for swift when i had the chance after week 1.
It's weird because up until this season he's been kinda QB proof. Never once had a great QB and yet still put up strong #2 numbers by end of year. To me he was one of the safer bets at WR, but I certainly blew it on that call. 

It's weird because up until this season he's been kinda QB proof. Never once had a great QB and yet still put up strong #2 numbers by end of year. To me he was one of the safer bets at WR, but I certainly blew it on that call. 

Look liked a consensus and for good reason. Four of the last six seasons he was a 150+ target hog, and the only two he wasn't was torn ACL year and his recovery year. With the best QBs he has ever played with, seemed like a lock.

But last year's Air Yards King has become the man now that they have someone who can throw deep.

If anything I thought Fields would help him improve. It's hard to remember that most rookie QBs are not Mahomes or Herbert when they start. 

In a 12 teamer , standard start 3WR league, I moved Allen Robinson early last week. 

Here was the trade - I send ALLEN ROBINSON and AUSTIN HOOPER  for GEORGE KITTLE and JERRY JEUDY . (The other owner was "disgusted" with Kittle , has Goedert on the bench, and was desperate for WRs)

In that specific league, we are the 2 lowest scoring teams and were both nearing must win status.

A few days later KITTLE goes to I.R., and JJ was already on IR.

I think I definitely won the trade, but in retrospect I kinda think WE BOTH LOST.  :wall: (I promptly lost Kittle, Carson and Calvin Ridley last week, so my season there is almost over, barring a miracle win this week)

Anyway, the reason I even bring it up,  is all off-season long I have been a believer in ARob. Its certainly not like hes had Hall-of-Fame caliber QBs in his career, in fact some were just bad.....really bad.

The whole situation reeks of him staying a bust the entire season. Will I think he rebounds a bit and has some good weeks? Sure.  Do I think he is the high end WR2 from here on out he has been in the past, no chance.

Wrap your head around this............  I play in 10 and 12 teamer leagues, and the majority of those are mandatory START 3 WRs.   In 2 of the leagues I am in, 2 other "relatively smart owners" have now BENCHED Allen Robinson. Yes, BENCHED ALLEN ROBINSON IN A START 3 WR LEAGUE.

Always liked this guys dedication, work ethic and talent, but he's just not in a good situation.  I'm kind of glad I washed my hands of him for good. And to think, in 1 specific 12 teamer I had these three starting WRs - Stefon Diggs - Calvin Ridley - Allen Robinson.    I remember I left the draft thinking I "beat the league at the WR position".   :wall:

TZM

In a 12 teamer , standard start 3WR league, I moved Allen Robinson early last week. 

Here was the trade - I send ALLEN ROBINSON and AUSTIN HOOPER  for GEORGE KITTLE and JERRY JEUDY . (The other owner was "disgusted" with Kittle , has Goedert on the bench, and was desperate for WRs)

In that specific league, we are the 2 lowest scoring teams and were both nearing must win status.

A few days later KITTLE goes to I.R., and JJ was already on IR.

I think I definitely won the trade, but in retrospect I kinda think WE BOTH LOST.  :wall: (I promptly lost Kittle, Carson and Calvin Ridley last week, so my season there is almost over, barring a miracle win this week)

Anyway, the reason I even bring it up,  is all off-season long I have been a believer in ARob. Its certainly not like hes had Hall-of-Fame caliber QBs in his career, in fact some were just bad.....really bad.

The whole situation reeks of him staying a bust the entire season. Will I think he rebounds a bit and has some good weeks? Sure.  Do I think he is the high end WR2 from here on out he has been in the past, no chance.

Wrap your head around this............  I play in 10 and 12 teamer leagues, and the majority of those are mandatory START 3 WRs.   In 2 of the leagues I am in, 2 other "relatively smart owners" have now BENCHED Allen Robinson. Yes, BENCHED ALLEN ROBINSON IN A START 3 WR LEAGUE.

Always liked this guys dedication, work ethic and talent, but he's just not in a good situation.  I'm kind of glad I washed my hands of him for good. And to think, in 1 specific 12 teamer I had these three starting WRs - Stefon Diggs - Calvin Ridley - Allen Robinson.    I remember I left the draft thinking I "beat the league at the WR position".   :wall:

TZM

Yep, bad QB, bad coaching staff. Not much ARob can do about it. 

Hard to imagine this story line taking a turn for the worse from where he already was QB-wise.  :sadbanana:
I must be watching too much “What If…?” but I have to think there is a parallel universe where he got drafted by the Packers and became an all time great.  Poor dude.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Allen Robinson (ankle) is expected to play in Week 6 against the Packers.

The Packers are without Jaire Alexander but remain favorites, setting up the Bears for their best day through the air under Justin Fields. The rookie has yet to top 20 pass attempts in a game which has played a major role in Robinson's lacking start to the year. Assuming he tops that today, Robinson should be able to bounce back with WR2 numbers. In a good spot, fantasy managers can take this as a prove-it week for the veteran receiver. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 17, 2021, 9:20 AM ET

Allen Robinson caught 4-of-7 targets for 53 yards in the Bears' Week 6 loss to the Packers.

The targets, yards, and catches were all Robinson's second-most of the season, pointing to how bad of a year it's been for him through six weeks. Robinson has just one touchdown. Justin Fields had him wide open on a long would-be touchdown in this one but was under pressure and couldn't make the throw. Robinson will be a WR3 next week on the road against the Bucs where the Bears will likely be playing catch-up all afternoon.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Fields missed him on a 60-yard TD bomb when he was SO WIDE OPEN he could have crawled into the end zone. For some reason Fields didn't throw.

You'd be thinking a lot different about his game today had Fields thrown that pass.

Fields missed him on a 60-yard TD bomb when he was SO WIDE OPEN he could have crawled into the end zone. For some reason Fields didn't throw.

You'd be thinking a lot different about his game today had Fields thrown that pass.

Story of his career really. He's never had a good QB and also has rarely had a situation this poor.

I just traded FOR him in my redraft league. Don’t need him to start yet, so I guess my hope is he gets traded and ends up somewhere nice. Or Fields or Dalton figure it out. Either way, I’m on the hype train.

Allen Robinson caught 4-of-6 targets for 68 yards in the Bears' Week 9 loss to the Steelers.

Robinson's yards were his most of the season, and the six targets were his third-most in a game this year. He still has just one touchdown, however. Robinson had a couple grabs early in the game called back on penalties, too, but made his biggest play late in the fourth quarter with a 39-yard grab to set up Darnell Mooney's go-ahead 16-yard touchdown catch. In what has been a lost season for the free agent-to-be, Robinson will be a WR4 against the Ravens in Week 11 after the Bears' bye.

Nov 9, 2021, 12:00 AM ET

Allen Robinson (hamstring) did not practice on Thursday for the second consecutive day.

Robinson didn't have this injury before the bye, and nobody with the Bears has bothered to clarify his status so far. This is trending in the direction of a questionable-at-best tag after Friday's practice report. If Robinson does sit, it will move more targets towards Darnell Mooney. Robinson's fantasy managers would probably welcome the relief of a known inactive at this point, even after 68 yards in Week 9. They've spent all year making other plans. 

SOURCE: Kevin Fishbain on Twitter

Nov 18, 2021, 5:03 PM ET

Allen Robinson (hamstring) is doubtful for Week 11 against the Ravens.

Robinson did not practice at any point throughout the week and is not expected to play. His inevitable absence is another hill for Justin Fields to climb against Baltimore's blitz-happy D, a scheme that has stumped the rookie for a 64.6% completion rate, two interceptions and no touchdowns this year. Darnell Mooney and Cole Kmet remain the only two options to roster among Chicago's pass catchers for fantasy.

RELATED: 

Justin Fields

SOURCE: Chicago Bears PR on Twitter

Nov 19, 2021, 2:32 PM ET

Allen Robinson (hamstring) remained sidelined for Tuesday's practice.

The Bears have held walkthroughs and given participation estimations in back-to-back days, so Robinson's true status for Thursday is still unclear. Darnell Mooney accrued a 47% target share on 16 targets without Robinson in Week 11 and would be in line for similar on-field usage again if the veteran is ruled out.

SOURCE: Bears PR on Twitter

Nov 23, 2021, 3:59 PM ET

Allen Robinson (hamstring) is inactive for Week 13 against the Cardinals. 

It will be Robinson's third straight absence, leaving Darnell Mooney locked in as a high-end WR2 with Andy Dalton at the controls. We would consider A-Rob no better than 50-50 to return for Week 14 after he failed to get in a single practice rep this week. Joining Robinson on the sidelines will be QB Justin Fields, CB Teez Tabor, WR Marquise Goodwin, DL Akiem Hicks and DE Mario Edwards Jr.

Dec 5, 2021, 11:33 AM ET

Allen Robinson (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday, getting in a limited session.

Robinson hasn't played since Week 9 and hasn't been effective when on the field, taking a back seat to new Bears WR1 Darnell Mooney. Robinson will be a WR4/5 Sunday night against the Packers if he's cleared to return.

Dec 8, 2021, 5:07 PM ET

Allen Robinson (hamstring) expects to play Week 14 against the Packers. 

"That's the plan," Robinson said. "Everything is trending in the right direction." Robinson has two limited practices to his name so far this week, also suggesting he is ready to play for the first time since Week 9. Unfortunately, Robinson was not doing much before going down, and Darnell Mooney has played well enough in his absence to maintain the WR1 role. It will be tough to trust Robinson as anything more than a desperation WR4 against Green Bay. 

SOURCE: ChicagoBears.com

Dec 9, 2021, 5:54 PM ET

ALLEN ROBINSON WR, CHICAGO BEARS

Bears placed WR Allen Robinson, DB Eddie Jackson, RB Ryan Nall, LB Joel Iyieguniwe, and TE Jesse James on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

The cases keep piling up in Chicago, who have an extra day this week to prepare for the Vikings on Monday night football. It seems unlikely that any of these players will clear protocols for the game at this point, and it's mostly notable from a fantasy perspective for Darnell Mooney, who should see his target share go up. The Bears also listed six other players on the injury report with an illness today, though none of those players have been placed on the COVID-19 list yet. 

Dec 16, 2021, 4:19 PM ET

Having a C next to his name wont impact his score for me this week. Actually gives him a better floor than he had for weeks.

Allen Robinson said he lost ten pounds while he had COVID-19 and is "still trying to feel normal."

It's a reminder that even professional athletes sometimes struggle to recover from the virus. Robinson was removed from the COVID-19 list on Monday and should be ready to go for Week 17 against the Giants. Whether he gets a full complement of snaps is up in the air. Robinson is no more than a WR4 against New York. He doesn't have more than four receptions in a game since Week 1. 

SOURCE: Patrick Finley on Twitter 

Dec 28, 2021, 12:55 PM ET

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said Allen Robinson would be "a good fit" for the Colts. 

Robinson, 29, coming off a terribly disappointing 2021 with the Bears, is unlikely to re-sign with Chicago and could make a sensible addition to a Colts offense without a true No. 2 receiver behind Michael Pittman. An AFC coach told Fowler that Robinson still has some appeal as a reliable pass catcher, though he lacks top-end separation ability. "He is great at contested catches, but there's a reason why he has to make [them]. He has some trouble separating," the anonymous coach said. Robinson's fantasy appeal in Indianapolis would be limited with the Colts centering their offense around Jonathan Taylor and Pittman headed into 2022 as the team's clearcut WR1. Catching passes from Carson Wentz would be something short of ideal too. 

RELATED: 

Indianapolis Colts

SOURCE: ESPN.com 

Jan 28, 2022, 12:15 PM ET

Personally, as a Bears fan, I really hope he re-signs. I'm willing to completely throw this year out, due to injuries, COVID, and just never having time to get a rapport with a QB. Robinson is only a year removed from a 102-1250-6 season. I also think he and Mooney complement each other nicely, and Robinson brings a contested catch ability that could really benefit Fields development. 

I think he's a great buy low WR this offseason. He's had too many productive years to think he suddenly can't play the position. I got him in the middle 11th round of a dynasty best ball SF startup and felt his upside/youth was greater than other WRs available at that time (Kirk, Thielen, Patterson, Boyd) 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he's a great buy low WR this offseason. He's hard too many productive years to think he suddenly can't play the position. I got him in the middle 11th round of a dynasty best ball SF startup and felt his upside/youth was greater than other WRs available at that time (Kirk, Thielen, Patterson, Boyd) 
Interesting FA & FF prospect this year. Went from a 1250/6 td line to a 410/1 td line. Coincided with going from a combo of Mitch/Foles to Andy/Fields. Hard to know how much that affected him and how much it was other things at work. He does seem to be someone to take a shot on (if the price is right) at 28 years old.

Personally, as a Bears fan, I really hope he re-signs. I'm willing to completely throw this year out, due to injuries, COVID, and just never having time to get a rapport with a QB. Robinson is only a year removed from a 102-1250-6 season. I also think he and Mooney complement each other nicely, and Robinson brings a contested catch ability that could really benefit Fields development. 
Considering how Mooney did well in the same system, I’m not sure Robinson deserves a pass (literally and figuratively) for his down year. Granted, he was hurt for a good chunk of the year, but he struck me as a guy who checked out. Which is surprising in a free agent year - maybe he thinks he’d still get full value based on his full body of work.

Considering how Mooney did well in the same system, I’m not sure Robinson deserves a pass (literally and figuratively) for his down year. Granted, he was hurt for a good chunk of the year, but he struck me as a guy who checked out. Which is surprising in a free agent year - maybe he thinks he’d still get full value based on his full body of work.
Its possible he quit on Nagy, but I think its equally possible he was never healthy. I'm not sure what Mooney did is relevant to Robinson, he's an entirely different type of player. 

My issue is mostly that if they let Robinson walk, they have nobody currently to replace him, and whomever they do add, is almost certainly going to be a major downgrade, especially without a 1st round pick. I'm also of the belief that most of the FA WRs, won't actually hit the market. Adams, Godwin, and Williams likely stay put, or go to teams that aren't Chicago. I don't see OBJ with the Bears either. 

I think the best guys the Bears would have shots at in FA, are guys like Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk, or JuJu. At that point, I'd much prefer just bringing back Robinson. 

My spidey senses detected a hint of quit this year too. If there's anything to that, it kinda backfired on him with Mooney taking a step forward.

The Athletic's Kevin Fishbain does not expect Allen Robinson back with the Bears. 

"Despite the obvious need at wide receiver, I don’t see a scenario in which Allen Robinson returns," Fishbain writes. Robinson is primed for his pick of one-year prove-it offers, ala A.J. Green last offseason. He'll turn 29 in August and shouldn't necessarily be completely written off the fantasy radar, but it was cover-your-eyes ugly in Chicago last year as he finished with just 410 receiving yards. Fishbain also believes Akiem Hicks is likely to leave the Bears in free agency. 

RELATED: 

Akiem Hicks

SOURCE: The Athletic

Feb 15, 2022, 2:36 PM ET

I'd buy low on Robinson still. His lack of production wasnt all on him. That offense had zero flow to it last year.

If he lands with a decent QB, I think he will bounce back nicely. 

Users who are viewing this thread