What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (11 Viewers)

The timing of this accusation is pretty suspect...$300K Lien on her Gymnasium .... I dunno bro.... if a Frog had Pockets....
Very good point; the only people who can be victims of sexual assault are those who are in good financial standing, with credit ratings above 800, amirite?

if this is true, I imagine this wasnt Browns first rape and we shouldnt be surprised if allegations come out from others. In fact, if true, I'd expect more women or men to come forward 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair game to link to an good summary article that gives a lot of detail, but also gives the accuser's identity? I've not seen her name in this thread yet, and I'm not sure what flies in a situation like this.

Her public-record statements related to the civil case have been linked in this thread, yes? Is her name in those statements?
Here is what I attempted to respond too  "Fair game" but w/ details

Then you typed something like " Can I get a link on this? I don't doubt you "   

Sorry to ignore you brah @John Bender  (fwiw) It didn't take but a quick minute to find what Doug was needing  But yeah I have looked at quite a bit of stuff from Instagram to somewhat questionable twitter accounts   So yeah there is a chance it would take me some time to find some links   And to be quite honest its probably not worth my time  (my bad)

The Word and accusation of RAPE is weaponized to the point of Mass Destruction .... just because AB is a moron ... doesnt mean ole Bible Study can walk on water 

This dude admitted to jerking off on her while she slept and there are still people in her defending him. I hope the Pats end up paying him $10 MM to sit in a jail cell. What a fitting end that would be to the Tony Clown saga.

This dude admitted to jerking off on her while she slept and there are still people in her defending him. I hope the Pats end up paying him $10 MM to sit in a jail cell. What a fitting end that would be to the Tony Clown saga.
uh, no i didn't. That's her story. Have sex before?

Brown is at practice, wearing uniform #1. This is interesting because it's not on the approved list of numbers for receivers (80-89 and 10-19).
Dude says he has monies   It is not all about monies   Maybe he plans to buy a number and/or hoping to get some blessing for a certain number  We both know the NFL loves to inflict drama   Guys at practice   It is not a bad thing from a football perspective

Factually inaccurate, even per the accusers complaint.

Before moving forward, just want to verify what the board rules are these days.  Is it "Believe All Women" or "Believe Facts and Evidence"?  (Or do we only have to ask in the event Brown is being nominated to the Supreme Court?)

Just looking to avoid a time out

Pats won’t owe him a dime if this has legs. 

Brown is at practice, wearing uniform #1. This is interesting because it's not on the approved list of numbers for receivers (80-89 and 10-19).
it's to signify how many days he has left on the team 

or quite possibly hes adopting the "___ many days since a dramatic event" on his jersey number. if he keeps his nose clean he will practice with jersey #2 tomorrow 

Yeah, because it's possible to give consent while in an altered state of consciousness (which sleep is).
You can give consent before entering an altered state to do things while in an altered state.  My gf likes to be woked up to a little morning delight every now and again...

Without knowing the extent of their relationship, I don't think you can assume that she did not consent to it.
Yeah, because it's possible to give consent while in an altered state of consciousness (which sleep is).
People who are in a consensual relationship sometimes do nonconsensual things with the tacit approval of their partner.

I'm not saying that's what happened here. I'm just saying that without proper context, we shouldn't assume.

You can give consent before entering an altered state to do things while in an altered state.  My gf likes to be woked up to a little morning delight every now and again...
Pretty sure you can't, legally speaking.  You have to be able to take consent away, at any time.  If you are not conscious, you can't do that.

People who are in a consensual relationship sometimes do nonconsensual things with the tacit approval of their partner.

I'm not saying that's what happened here. I'm just saying that without proper context, we shouldn't assume.
And people in a consensual relationship who believe they have the tacit approval to engage in a sexual act with, and do not actually have that approval, have committed sexaul assault.  Even though they are in a consensual relationship.

And people in a consensual relationship who believe they have the tacit approval to engage in a sexual act with, and do not actually have that approval, have committed sexaul assault.  Even though they are in a consensual relationship.
OK

My girlfriend commits sexual assault every time she grabs my butt without my expressed written consent.

Anyone buy or sell AB today?
I just offered Ted Ginn to the AB owner.   :whistle:

Oh jesus, just retracted after seeing a screenshot of the text message AB sent..... good lord, I'd be shocked if NFL doesn't shut him down for a bit.

To be honest, the past few years of Brown’s public life have made him sound like someone who either has undiagnosed psychological/psychiatric issues or someone on drugs. 

Throwing a chair in a hotel, domestic violence complaint, longtime friends/employees quitting and publicly saying he wasn’t the man they thought he was, and now this rape allegation.  
I think that's entirely fair and my gut tells me that this is likely the case. But I'm also not dismissing the (admittedly lesser) possibility that a woman who is pretty devious who also has some serious financial issues could entrap/extort a wealthy person with psychological problems, seeing them as an easy mark.

Here is a different view/take to digest based on rules of engagement if you will concerning extortion   As per Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001053562/article/antonio-brown-accused-of-sexual-assault-in-civil-lawsuit

Heitner said in his statement Taylor invited herself to join Brown and his friends on a night out on the town, and then came on to Brown before they engaged in consensual sex at his residence.  

Brown was approached by Taylor in 2017, according to Heitner, about making a $1.6 million investment in a business project. But he declined.

So basically even with a large time span, one could figure that the woman is hoping to land a nice investment... Is it not wrong for Brown to reap such benefits IF he has no intention of making the said investment?

Just an attempt to prove women take security in monies?  Was it wrong for her to ask for tickets to a game after having been raped?  Look the woman is confused as he more than likely is repenting and hoping to maintain an amicable relationship  She needs a break and asks for some tickets  Incidentally, I read something that 300K of the requested investment would need to go towards her and her mothers own back tax's  It really doesn't seem all to crooked to me from a business perspective  I mean yeah question the solvency of the potential business but a large portion appeared to be good planning  My point is really why or how is this investment request in 2017 relevant to any acts engaged or performed in 2018?  So she cut ties until he decided to beg forgiveness and we're to believe it is wrong to then ask again for said investment   

I think that's entirely fair and my gut tells me that this is likely the case. But I'm also not dismissing the (admittedly lesser) possibility that a woman who is pretty devious who also has some serious financial issues could entrap/extort a wealthy person with psychological problems, seeing them as an easy mark.
I'm not dismissing it, either.  I remain unconvinced, though certainly one side seems more likely to me than the other right now.

I'm not dismissing it, either.  I remain unconvinced, though certainly one side seems more likely to me than the other right now.
I'm 100% with you. But I found it interesting that Rosenhaus has emphatically stated that Brown will be cleared of all of this so his expectation has to be that the Brown camp must have some evidence which shows that this was an extortion play. I guess we'll see.

This one fits a situation I already cited. That action obviously wouldn't fly for someone I barely knew . . . and that would be the last time that person would be alone with me. Taken as a single act, that is obviously appalling. However, it makes one pause and wonder if they had an ongoing relationship that he would do something like that. 

If I did something like that with my wife, she would be upset and think it was bizarre behavior. But IMO it would be very unlikely she would break off our relationship. For something like this incident, AB's lawyers will likely argue that they had an ongoing relationship. They will argue it might be a little off the beaten track in terms of what normally people do together, but it would not rise to the level of criminal.

I think the 800 lb gorilla in the room is the last allegation. Kissing someone may fall under the inappropriate category. Doing his business on her back falls in the freaky category. It's the last one that people will most likely find potentially the most damning if he indeed raped her. (People will certainly thing the middle one is bad but I don't think it rises to the level of the full out assault allegation.)
I'll help.  Masturbating onto a non-consenting person is at least assault and/or battery depending on your jurisdiction.  

I'm 100% with you. But I found it interesting that Rosenhaus has emphatically stated that Brown will be cleared of all of this so his expectation has to be that the Brown camp must have some evidence which shows that this was an extortion play. I guess we'll see.
Rosenhaus is a great agent. I'm uncertain of his litigation credentials.

Very.  But also plausible that she doesn't want him put in prison for this and never reported it, like many victims of sexual violence who knew their attackers.
Dumb question - but in a criminal case, is that her call?  Or is that the call of the judge/jury/in place rule?
Riffing on this question ... did the Alleghenny Country DA (Pittsburgh area) go off on his own to investigate accusations against Brown? Without Taylor approaching the county's/city's police? Or did Taylor (finally?) file a police report and/or lodge a criminal complaint?

And -- is the DA's investigation considered a criminal investiagation? Or would a DA investigate a civil matter this way, as well? Seems that if it were strictly a civil matter, a DA doesn't get involved ... but maybe it's a state-by-state thing. Not a lawyer.

Just reading through this thread should give rational and objective observers plenty of reason to understand a victim's reluctance to come forward. 

An alarming percentage of folks are ready to assume that this is all made up.
Great post!. 

Ironically I watched a documentary on Netflix last night called "Roll Red Roll". It was about the Steubenville HS rape case. No giving much away here because this was actual footage from the rally for the victim, but the number of women who came forward and revealed that they were raped 5 years, 10 years, 20 years ago and hid it  because they didn't think anyone would believe them or they were ashamed, was very telling and heart-breaking. 

I would encourage some of you to watch it because it seems very relevant to this situation. 

amazing to me

if this woman was accusing Trump or Kavanaugh with exactly the same information/evidence,  CNN and liberals would create a circus and guilty now, prove innocence later

but

this is Antonio Brown, NFL player .... held to an entirely different standard and the pass is given 

I hope someday this changes, it apparently isn't anytime soon :(   

amazing to me

if this woman was accusing Trump or Kavanaugh with exactly the same information/evidence,  CNN and liberals would create a circus and guilty now, prove innocence later

but

this is Antonio Brown, NFL player .... held to an entirely different standard and the pass is given 

I hope someday this changes, it apparently isn't anytime soon :(   
Check please

It is also may be worth noting that taking that road (seeking an actual sentence) may not be conducive to healthy living   (She may feel some guilt)   But as I alluded to earlier what would it really accomplish in regards to who is actually hurt or punished   Personally, I believe she sought the best advice she could hope to obtain  Plus it's not like he is being exulted from any potential punishment in the future  When one considers the law and some outcomes?  The premise hanging over his head is probably more damaging not to mention other peoples perception  Cheap Trick Dream Police  >>  https://youtu.be/OPemyipJzAM

Now maybe you or others disagree with what was given her for guidance  It's hard for me to believe that...  Maybe she can't live with herself doing such an act to someone she has known for a time including him in her life and possibly confiding quite a bit.  Although I must admit it was one of my earlier reactions   But listen at least she has come forward   The media sure seem to imply a lot of times that such a woman keeps quiet and does nothing which one would think makes for repeat offenses   

Dumb question - but in a criminal case, is that her call?  Or is that the call of the judge/jury/in place rule?
No, but it explains to some on here why she didn't start this as a criminal case vs a civil case. Her past relationship as babysitter to his kids also seems to support the idea that she wouldn't want them to lose their dad to a long prison stint. 

can nail who owns and doesnt own brown quite easily in this thread. 
I own him....in two leagues. I don't care what happens. FF is not that important. In fact it is quite trivial and just some Sunday entertainment. I stopped taking it seriously a very.....very long time ago.

If his career is over.....so be it. If not.....let's move on. 

If the allegations are utter BS it will be put to bed quite quickly. If they are true.....he is done.

The thread has become incredibly entertaining though that is for certain. 

Users who are viewing this thread