What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (9 Viewers)

aman can rape a woman no matter what their relationship is... ex lovers or a married couple
I did not mean to imply or indicate otherwise.  I just think that her asking for $$ and going Civil court and not to police is an indication. 

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify: Allegheny County DA is not investigating sexual assault allegations against Antonio Brown. DA was contacted by Northern Regional Police Department concerning a possible child endangerment situation involving Brown, but did not move forward with investigating the claim

Great post!. 

Ironically I watched a documentary on Netflix last night called "Roll Red Roll". It was about the Steubenville HS rape case. No giving much away here because this was actual footage from the rally for the victim, but the number of women who came forward and revealed that they were raped 5 years, 10 years, 20 years ago and hid it  because they didn't think anyone would believe them or they were ashamed, was very telling and heart-breaking. 

I would encourage some of you to watch it because it seems very relevant to this situation. 
If the allegations prove true....yes. If they are not proven and the case is thrown out....it has zero relevance. 

You are assuming they do without knowing if any of this is true.

And I am guilty of assumptions too. I happen to feel it is probably BS based on everything surrounding this. But I could be dead wrong. So I will refrain from anymore opinions on the matter because all that get's you around here is crucified. God forbid we think it might not be true....the morality police come out in force.

Rape accusations are a very serious matter. And they can destroy a persons life if they are proven untrue. It never goes away. And it has happened many a time to people who have been wrongly accused. But since it is a jerk off like AB a lot of the lynch mob mentality comes out with pitch forks and torches and just goes off on a contrarian opinion. 

I really hope they are not true. Because if it is true....I feel sick for this young woman and what she had to endure.

I could care less if AB no longer plays a child's game.

But if they are proven untrue......she is the lowest form of human being. This can destroy a person's life as much as a rape can destroy a woman's life. 

The Allegheny DA's office is now saying they are NOT investigating Brown as part of this lawsuit but they looked into allegations of child endangerment involving Brown and did not pursue an investigation. I wonder if that's somehow related to this whole mess too since the accuser says that she used to look after his children.

To clarify: Allegheny County DA is not investigating sexual assault allegations against Antonio Brown. DA was contacted by Northern Regional Police Department concerning a possible child endangerment situation involving Brown, but did not move forward with investigating the claim
That's likely the allegation earlier this year when he allegedly shoved his child's mother to the ground in front of the child.

The Allegheny DA's office is now saying they are NOT investigating Brown as part of this lawsuit but they looked into allegations of child endangerment involving Brown and did not pursue an investigation. I wonder if that's somehow related to this whole mess too since the accuser says that she used to look after his children.
His ex filed a police report earlier this year for domestic abuse saying he shoved her to the ground in front of their child and then told the police she didn't want to pursue it.  In many states, domestic abuse in front of a child is child endangerment, so I assume it's that.

amazing to me

if this woman was accusing Trump or Kavanaugh with exactly the same information/evidence,  CNN and liberals would create a circus and guilty now, prove innocence later

but

this is Antonio Brown, NFL player .... held to an entirely different standard and the pass is given 

I hope someday this changes, it apparently isn't anytime soon :(   
I know I already replied to this but I think it's gross how the president and a Supreme Court Justice are held to a higher standard then a man who plays a sport for a living.  Don't those damn liberals have any respect?

KDKA Channel 2 (Pittsburgh) still has their link up. Is this good info?

KDKA Channel 2 (Pittsburgh) still has their link up. Is this good info?
Here's another Pittsburgh TV station reporting the "not investigating sexual assault" thing. Sheesh. Gonna be weeks before we know what the flip is going on? Or what?

Seriously?  So, if they had a relationship at one point, and he did something to change that relationship,  he's still ENTITLED to have forcible sex with her?

So, if a guy went too far with his GF, tried to convince her to bring in another girl, maybe even attempted to engage in a sexual act (in the heat of the moment-"oh, I didn't know you wouldn't like that) without her consent, so she ended the relationship, but they still had contact with each other, he's entitled to just force her to have sex with him because they had a "Past relationship?"
Not at all..you misunderstood my intent... tried to keep it short and I neglected to include other points....  I was simply indicating her goal of financial threat will be hampered....  but his abuse/inappropriate behavior should be punished, if found guilty.  No person, Male or Female, or gender neutral or trans should be permitted to violate another person or their rights without consent.  The implication of them having a more than professional relationship might negate some of his behavior as "personal kinks" they shared (likely consent in the past).  If she is now saying otherwise, she might have an uphill battle.  However, it is up to the court system and NFL investigation to determine his future.  Not mine.  And past consent does not indicate current consent.  

Yes, she was his trainer for many months and they've known each other for nearly ten years.  I'd imagine they were chummy. 

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, other than make it clear why she would hang out with him while she was in town but wasn't training him at that moment. 
I don't know. That sure looks more intimate than "chummy" to me.

I was raised to treat women with respect, as ladies.  They were not routinely degraded in language, in song, or in media or art depictions, though it was not a wholly un-sexualized environment.  I could not imagine mounting an unconscious woman, an intoxicated to helplessness one (Not the facts of this case but common facts in this generation).  I could not imagine date rape (not uncommon, I suppose, or not unheard of, certainly, in my generation).  masturbating onto the back of a woman turned away, absent any sort of understanding, it would be inconceivable.  Now in Brown's generation, with their language of "#####es" and "hos", with media and art depictions of them as only objects to serve a man's desires, of buddies supporting misogynistic behavior, could I see it.  Still no, but I can see that an argument could be made against video games, current music, current culture, and current movies.  I am surprised it has not yet been made when it is a common argument in gun threads.  I believe the argument is that we are a uniquely sick society and that the sickness has symptoms which includes behavior like this.  I never hear the argument made quite so succinctly, but I think that is it.

Great post!. 

Ironically I watched a documentary on Netflix last night called "Roll Red Roll". It was about the Steubenville HS rape case. No giving much away here because this was actual footage from the rally for the victim, but the number of women who came forward and revealed that they were raped 5 years, 10 years, 20 years ago and hid it  because they didn't think anyone would believe them or they were ashamed, was very telling and heart-breaking. 

I would encourage some of you to watch it because it seems very relevant to this situation. 
Wife and I watched this last weekend. Sad, and very telling about a community so invested in their high school football program that they basically accepted and even enabled a rape culture for their beloved athletes... for generations. Amazing how some of the "old guard" interviewed there see rape as boys just having a little fun and their disgust at "today's" generation ruining all of that for them.

Hard to believe, but I have even seen instances where guys will victim blame as a knee jerk reaction just out of love of their pretend football team.

I'm not sure I follow.  You mean the one where he made a tiktok-type video in either compression shorts or boxer briefs while her back was turned and she was on her tablet?
No, the first TikTok video where she's sitting on his lap in bed, sticking her tongue out flipping the bird to the phone.

I said that I wasn't saying Brown was an abuser like Nasser, I was justing making the point that abusers in a lot of situations know how to get the abused parties to do things that don't seem like very common sense things to do. 

And to the bolded, I am very impressed that you have superpowers to know what she knows and what her motivations were. It must be nice to be omniscient.
So meeting him at a strip club, solo, and ending up back at his place...she had no idea about the plan for the night?  Whatever happened, or didn't happen, while at his place is no one else's business but theirs.  However, it seems like a stretch to think she had no idea how she ended up back at his place...so, yeah, I pieced together her thought process.

Everyone else be a LOT more cool and keep this to football and Brown's outlook for playing football or we're about to have a lot less people posting here. 
I apologize.  I forgot this thread is in the shark pool and not the political forum.  I have been commenting on non-football matters, so I am guilty.  Thank you for the reminder of where precisely we are in the forums.

So meeting him at a strip club, solo, and ending up back at his place...she had no idea about the plan for the night?  Whatever happened, or didn't happen, while at his place is no one else's business but theirs.  However, it seems like a stretch to think she had no idea how she ended up back at his place...so, yeah, I pieced together her thought process.
Not sure either of those things has been established.  In fact, there were a number of people there and I believe she gave Brown and another guy a ride home in her rental car according to her Complaint.  The statement by Heitner says there were a number of people there.  And, obviously, I assume you're right about it being a strip club but I believe he called it an "adult entertainment club."  Which could probably mean something else, I'm just not creative enough to know what.

Looked like a pillow behind them. Could be wrong. Still, that doesn't scream "professional relationship" to me. 
Ever had a personal trainer you fly in on weekends from another state?  I haven't.  But Brown's last trainer who quit right before her posted an IG statement that he "thought we were friends" and some other stuff about Brown not being the man he thought he was.  It seems he wasn't just "here is the money, please show me how to use the eliptical" as an employer.

This dude admitted to jerking off on her while she slept and there are still people in her defending him. I hope the Pats end up paying him $10 MM to sit in a jail cell. What a fitting end that would be to the Tony Clown saga.
Apparently she was watching some church service on her iPad, not sleeping.  She must have been really into the church service to not be aware what was going on within inches of her.  That story, albeit warped/perverted, seems a bit odd too.

Apparently she was watching some church service on her iPad, not sleeping.  She must have been really into the church service to not be aware what was going on within inches of her.  That story, albeit warped/perverted, seems a bit odd too.
Yeah, to be honest the glee with which he made the video of him in compression shorts while she was on her iPad at the end of his bed having no idea it was happening that was posted upthread makes that more plausibly real to me.

Ever had a personal trainer you fly in on weekends from another state?  I haven't.  But Brown's last trainer who quit right before her posted an IG statement that he "thought we were friends" and some other stuff about Brown not being the man he thought he was.  It seems he wasn't just "here is the money, please show me how to use the eliptical" as an employer.
I think you'd have a really hard time in court with that argument, counselor.

If those videos made it in front of a jury, her case is on VERY shaky ground. 

This went away for Ben, it'll go away for AB.  If you're a believer in his talent and sense his owner is a bit shaky, take advantage.

I'm 100% with you. But I found it interesting that Rosenhaus has emphatically stated that Brown will be cleared of all of this so his expectation has to be that the Brown camp must have some evidence which shows that this was an extortion play. I guess we'll see.
What else is Rosenhaus going to say? "My client is a pervert and a rapist and is going down bigtime, so the Patriots would be foolish to do anything other than cut him immediately before they pay him and me."

I found the interview with Rosenhaus a bit much. “Antonio takes these allegations very seriously. He is the loving father of five children, including a daughter. I myself am a father, I have two children — two daughters — that I love very much, along with my wife. I wouldn’t be doing this interview if I didn’t believe Antonio.”

So . . . Rosenhaus being married and having two daughters . . . that he loves very much . . . has what to do with this case?

Yeah, to be honest the glee with which he made the video of him in compression shorts while she was on her iPad at the end of his bed having no idea it was happening that was posted upthread makes that more plausibly real to me.
Dave Chapelle's homeless character guy would approve of his actions.

Users who are viewing this thread