What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Chase Claypool, BUF (1 Viewer)

What is his deal? That size-speed combo, you would think even if he can't run routes he could provide a DK- lite threat to an offense. Some end arounds, some deep balls, some WR screens. Looking more and more like this guy just might not belong on an NFL field.
He’s lazy and doesn’t put the work in to be great. The open question is whether or not he even likes to play football.

What is his deal? That size-speed combo, you would think even if he can't run routes he could provide a DK- lite threat to an offense. Some end arounds, some deep balls, some WR screens. Looking more and more like this guy just might not belong on an NFL field.
He’s lazy and doesn’t put the work in to be great. The open question is whether or not he even likes to play football.
No passion for the game. The complete opposite of guys like Steve Smith.

I can't express enough how high Claypool's ceiling is. I traded for him before the season started, but he's developing quicker than I thought.

His RAC ability might be the most pleasant surprise. His size, speed, & loose hips are deadly (along with what looks to be good running instincts).

Hard to say what kind of production he'll end up with this season, but there's not a WR in the NFL with a higher ceiling.
How the mighty have fallen

Development is everything and it hasn't happened with Claypool. Pitt hitting the eject button was tell one. Chicago trading for him and then Moore after was tell two. Sell where you can to the believers. The ship has sailed.

Development is everything and it hasn't happened with Claypool. Pitt hitting the eject button was tell one. Chicago trading for him and then Moore after was tell two. Sell where you can to the believers. The ship has sailed.
I was listening to ESPN radio on the way to work and they were saying that Claypool thinks he you know what doesn't stink and that he is not a hard worker in terms of training to get better. These guys were ex players and they were saying that he's not a team player. Thus the current movement of him.

His college track record is another sign. A guy with that combo of size and athleticism should probably have been better than he was. He had a really good senior year but his sophomore and junior year, he was disappointing given his almost Calvin Johnson like attributes.

Bears placed WR Chase Claypool on the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Claypool had been in and out of organized team activities while “dealing with a few things,’ making his placement on the PUP list of particular intrigue. Hopes remain high for the electric wide receiver as he enters his first full season with the Bears.

His college track record is another sign. A guy with that combo of size and athleticism should probably have been better than he was. He had a really good senior year but his sophomore and junior year, he was disappointing given his almost Calvin Johnson like attributes.
This is a little unfair. He played high school football at a AAA high school in British Columbia. Going from that to Notre Dame is a big step, and he did OK, standing out on special teams as a rookie.

That said, I've got him in my main league, and he will almost undoubtedly not make it past roster cutdowns when we draft.

Bears activated WR Chase Claypool from the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Claypool spent less than 24 hours on the league’s PUP list and now appears ready to participate in preseason camp. The questionable addition at the trade deadline a season ago sets his sights on silencing the critics entering his first full season in Chicago. He’s currently expected to operate opposite DJ Moore on the perimeter in the Bears’ improving aerial attack.

Is this guy dust? I've always thought he was overrated, but he got dropped in my 12x24 dynasty league. I was surprised, and even more surprised that I got him with only one other person bidding (20.5% FAAB used).

it does seem like he's been buried so deep no one talks about him. Would hate to have to start him in a lineup league but still think he's a good asset in a best ball league. I'm sure he'll occasionally get the big play TD

Available in 3 out of 3 of my FFPC-style dynasty leagues. Waiver wire fodder in those leagues.

Chase Claypool failed to secure either of his two targets in the Bears’ Week 1 loss to the Packers.

Claypool’s two targets tied for the fifth-most on the team in this one. The Bears sent a second-round pick to the Steelers in exchange for Claypool last season, but the fourth-year receiver has averaged just 3.9 targets per game since the team acquired him. Claypool was barely on the fantasy radar heading into this season, and there’s little reason to roster him after this outing.

- Rotoworld

Claypool comes across as a guy who got paid and then checked out. He had a lot of talent coming into the league.

This is why it's impossible not to respect the great ones (Rice, Manning, Jordan, Woods, Lebron, etc.). They have everything, yet their drive to be great doesn't change.

I'd rather put Les Claypool in at WR.

Then again I might rather put in Les over Tee Higgins and Garrett Wilson at this point too.

Chase Claypool is on the trade block​

According to Jordan Schultz, Bears general manager Ryan Poles is tossing Claypool in trade talks. The Bears want a fifth- or sixth-round pick in return for the possibly still-capable wide receiver.

I sold for anything I could get mid-late last year and this offseason after thinking he'd bounce back. There's some off-field and attitude stuff going on. Talent only takes you so far.

Chase Claypool is on the trade block​

According to Jordan Schultz, Bears general manager Ryan Poles is tossing Claypool in trade talks. The Bears want a fifth- or sixth-round pick in return for the possibly still-capable wide receiver.
:rolleyes: no one will give anything for that guy.
Exactly - who would give any pick for a me first player in his walk year?

Just cut him - he isn’t good for that locker room. And not sure who would put in claim.

Bears HC Matt Eberflus said Chase Claypool will remain away from the team ahead of Week 5’s matchup against the Commanders.

This was the only natural outcome for Claypool, who is reportedly on the trading block after falling out of favor with the team. The Bears won’t be be recouping the 32nd overall pick they gave up to acquire Claypool from the Steelers last season, but the veteran receiver could prove difficult to trade given everything going on. It wouldn’t be surprising to see a team offer up a late Day 3 pick in next year’s draft to take a flier on Claypool, but even that could prove to be too much for the disgruntled receiver.

Chase Claypool will be a healthy scratch for the Bears’ Week 5 game against the Commanders.

That is back-to-back weeks Claypool has failed to make the Bears’ game-day, 46-man roster despite being healthy. The Bears are clearly done with the player they surrendered the No. 32 overall pick for, and seeing as they are the second team to give up on the former second-rounder in the span of 11 months, GM Ryan Poles’ phone won’t be ringing off the hook with trade offers. Claypool has failed under one of the leagues’s most respected, old school coaches in Mike Tomlin in addition to first-time head man Matt Eberflus. Something isn’t working, and Claypool needs to fix it fast if he doesn’t want to wash out of the league.

I sold for anything I could get mid-late last year and this offseason after thinking he'd bounce back. There's some off-field and attitude stuff going on. Talent only takes you so far.
Same. Sold my last share of him mid last year for a 2nd rounder (victory!!) after he had a good game (looking at stats, he had 7/96/1 in game 6 last year). I’ve literally never had a better “sell high at peak value” moment for such a disappointing player in all my years playing dynasty.
ETA: and I straight up dropped him in FFPC format at week 1 countdowns. So I guess this was my last share. As you could imagine, not a single team scrambled to the waiver wire to pick him up ;)

Users who are viewing this thread