What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Updating an earlier item, Davante Adams was limited in Thursday's practice with a heel issue.

Earlier reports pegged Adams as "DNP." According to coach Mike McCarthy, Adams got "stepped on" in Wednesday's session. It's a good sign Adams got in some reps on Thursday, but his Friday status will be all important for his Week 13 availability.

Source: Tom Silverstein on Twitter
Nov 27 - 1:24 PM

Rotoworld:

Davante Adams caught 6-of-11 targets for 121 yards in Green Bay's Week 13 win over the Patriots.
With the Patriots zeroed in on Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb, Aaron Rodgers targeted Adams six times in the first quarter. It helped result in Adams' best yardage day of the season, though he could have had a much-bigger game. Adams failed to get both in bounds on what would have been a first-quarter touchdown, and outright dropped a score in the final frame. Frustrating, but still a great day if you spun Adams as your WR3. Despite the big afternoon, Adams will remain a boom-or-bust proposition as a WR4 going forward.

Nov 30 - 7:52 PM

He will go back to 2 targets next week - don't chase the points.

He could be big next year though if Cobb leaves as a free agent.

Rotoworld:

Davante Adams secured 7-of-11 targets for 117 yards and a touchdown in the Packers' Divisional Round win over the Cowboys.

Adams saw a first-drive red-zone target, but wasn't on the same page with Aaron Rodgers for the back-shoulder throw. Adams was targeted again in the end zone early in the second quarter, but Rodgers overshot him. Adams had two first-half catches on screens, gaining 2 and 4 yards. Adams got hot on a late-third-quarter drive, dusting Cowboys CB Sterling Moore for a 16-yard gain and a 46-yard touchdown. Adams was particularly impressive after the catch, juking Cowboys SS J.J. Wilcox out of his cleats on the long score and repeatedly adding yards onto the back end of catches. Adams' 26-yard gain late in the fourth quarter helped ice the game for Green Bay. A big-time talent with an inconsistent role, Adams will get a much tougher test against Richard Sherman and Byron Maxwell in the NFC Championship Game.

Pack homers...is Cobb re-signing a sure thing or would they let him walk should the $ get too high?

Pack homers...is Cobb re-signing a sure thing or would they let him walk should the $ get too high?
I think the Packers will offer him Victor Cruz money (5/43) before UFA. If he hits the market all bets are off. Somebody could give him Wallace/Harvin money. (12/year.)

I'm not a pack homer, but I'd be a little surprised if he re-ups

that's a lot of money to have tied up at the position, and I'm sure some team will be willing to pay him.

what did jennings leave for? -- just looked it up 5y/45m

I think the Packers will offer him Victor Cruz money (5/43) before UFA. If he hits the market all bets are off. Somebody could give him Wallace/Harvin money. (12/year.)
Have to think he'll get an offer of at least - probably more - than Cruz or Jennings did in the 5/45 range. That said, teams may be a bit gun shy to overpay given that the track record of Packers receivers (Jennings, James Jones) leaving Aaron Rodgers' arsenal to go elsewhere has been rather poor.

Another thing to consider is that if the Packers believe Adams is very good, they might be more inclined to let Cobb test the waters of free agency.

Another thing to consider is that if the Packers believe Adams is very good, they might be more inclined to let Cobb test the waters of free agency.
Fair point. The Packers have done a great job of drafting and developing WRs to the point of "next man up" when someone leaves.

Fair point. The Packers have done a great job of drafting and developing WRs to the point of "next man up" when someone leaves.
True. That said, the Packers made strong cash offers to both Jennings and Finley. Both players declined, preferring to test the waters in FA. That didn't work out well for either. Cobb doesn't seem as dumb as them.

True. That said, the Packers made strong cash offers to both Jennings and Finley. Both players declined, preferring to test the waters in FA. That didn't work out well for either. Cobb doesn't seem as dumb as them.
In Finley's case, the injury came at a bad time. For Jennings and Jones, I don't recall what they turned down and what they eventually got.

In Finley's case, the injury came at a bad time. For Jennings and Jones, I don't recall what they turned down and what they eventually got.
Can't recall what Finley was offered either. Jennings was offered an extension worth about $9m per year, very similar to what he got one year later from the Vikings. Jennings thought he was worth $11-12m per year on the open market. Thank god he turned down our offer, because he looks average at best now.

TT rarely let's his draft pick successes leave at the age od 24/25. Aka. Cobb. He's a big part of what the packers do. They would have to work hard to replace him.

I think Adams is totally legit, and has already shown he can be a legit nfl WR 2. We haven't seen him against the best nfl cbs yet, so it's hard to say he can be a WR 1.

TT rarely let's his draft pick successes leave at the age od 24/25. Aka. Cobb. He's a big part of what the packers do. They would have to work hard to replace him.

I think Adams is totally legit, and has already shown he can be a legit nfl WR 2. We haven't seen him against the best nfl cbs yet, so it's hard to say he can be a WR 1.
he'll still have nelson opposite him

if they play a team that shadows player the #1 will be on nelson, and what I love most about adams is what he can do after the catch.

if he's up against some corner who allows the catch and normally relies on the tackle he's going to bust a couple of those.

edit: and don't you think he'll see a lot of slot if cobb leaves?

Last edited by a moderator:

he'll still have nelson opposite him

if they play a team that shadows player the #1 will be on nelson, and what I love most about adams is what he can do after the catch.

if he's up against some corner who allows the catch and normally relies on the tackle he's going to bust a couple of those.

edit: and don't you think he'll see a lot of slot if cobb leaves?
If Cobb leaves Adams is a top 15 dynasty WR. If not, he's a better a James Jones.

Rotoworld:

Davante Adams is expected to see a lot of Richard Sherman in Sunday's NFC Championship Game at Seattle.

When these teams met in Week 1, the Packers sacrificed No. 3 WR Jarrett Boykin to Sherman's right side. Boykin played 49 snaps and produced zero catches on one target. Now the more talented Adams is the No. 3 WR, but leaving Jordy Nelson on the left side for the majority of the game makes a ton of sense. He can feast on Byron Maxwell (questionable, illness) or Tharold Simon.

Related: Jordy Nelson

Source: ESPN.com
Jan 13 - 10:15 AM

Rotoworld:

Davante Adams caught 1-of-3 targets for seven yards in the Packers' NFC Championship Game loss.

Adams drew three looks on the Packers' opening drive, but wasn't targeted again after the third resulted in a Richard Sherman interception in the end zone. It was an inglorious end to a highly-promising rookie campaign. Adams is a beast after the catch, and has shown an ability to high point the ball with regularity. With Randall Cobb's Green Bay future in doubt, Adams could enter 2015 as Aaron Rodgers' No. 2 receiver. It's a role that would put him on the WR2 map in all formats of fantasy. Adams could be a Michael Crabtree or Keenan Allen-type talent.

Jan 18 - 7:24 PM

Outside of Odell Beckham, Adams was the best route runner among Rookies I saw.

Cobb is a replaceable talent. Packers should target Tyler Lockett.

I would want more than Floyd for him.
To each his own. I believe Cobb resigns which relegates Adams to WR3 for about 3 more years. I'll take the upside of Floyd over that.
Well, with Fitz resigning and John Brown looking good, Floyd may be a 2/3 for quite awhile.
Yep. Could be true. Or Fitz could be the 3. Who knows with a healthy Palmer?! To me it was a coin toss. I know Adams is 3rd in line when Cobb signs, Jury is still out on Floyd.

Is anyone counting on Palmer to be healthy and have a good year next season? Not being smart, but I sure wouldn't put much stock in him. At his age, the history of injuries, just have my doubts...hope they get a FA QB or draft one in the first 3 or 4 rounds...

Is anyone counting on Palmer to be healthy and have a good year next season? Not being smart, but I sure wouldn't put much stock in him. At his age, the history of injuries, just have my doubts...hope they get a FA QB or draft one in the first 3 or 4 rounds...
Agreed. Even if he returns healthy, the offensive scheme leaves him open for another injury. I don't think they rely on who they had last year as backups. Who knows?

I would want more than Floyd for him.
To each his own. I believe Cobb resigns which relegates Adams to WR3 for about 3 more years. I'll take the upside of Floyd over that.
Well, with Fitz resigning and John Brown looking good, Floyd may be a 2/3 for quite awhile.
Yep. Could be true. Or Fitz could be the 3. Who knows with a healthy Palmer?! To me it was a coin toss. I know Adams is 3rd in line when Cobb signs, Jury is still out on Floyd.
I think you're probably right here with the Cobb situation - the Packers have the cap space to sign him. With that said I think we'll see some great games by Adams next season and he could easily jump into the WR2 conversation, albeit at an inconsistent level.

Ideal spot in a fantasy roster would be the 1st guy off the bench when byes hit. Dynasty outlook should be similar for at least the next 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread