What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR DeSean Jackson (1 Viewer)

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports DeSean Jackson (abdomen) is expected to play in Week 9 against the Bears.

It's the first time Jackson will be available for the Eagles since Week 2. Opposing defenses have adjusted to Philadelphia's offense with ease the past month, most recently double-teaming and/or sticking their best corner on Zach Ertz and forcing Carson Wentz to look elsewhere. Jackson's ability to take the top off of secondaries should open up the field for all as early as Sunday against the Bears. He's an immediate WR3 whereas both Nelson Agholor and Mack Hollins should be downgraded with the Eagles presumably continuing to run a league-high rate of two tight end sets featuring Dallas Goedert and Ertz.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 3, 2019, 12:05 AM ET

Eagles coach Doug Pederson expects DeSean Jackson (abdomen) to be "good in a couple of weeks."

Jackson aggravated his strained abdomen, an injury that had kept him out since Week 2, in his return Sunday against the Bears. Luckily, Pederson only sees it as a minor setback and expects Jackson back after the team's Week 10 bye. "He had a moment there where he said he felt something and so we took him in for really precautionary reasons," said the Eagles head coach. "Everything, what I heard after the game, checked out good." The bye comes at an opportune time for Philadelphia with Jackson and fellow receiver Alshon Jeffery (ankle) both nursing injuries. The Eagles' next game will come against the Patriots in Week 11.

SOURCE: WIP 94 Philadelphia

Nov 4, 2019, 9:20 AM ET

He's really interesting to me.  

He had 41 774 and 4 in 12 games last year.  Extrapolates to 54 catches, 1032 yards and ~5 TD's.  While the TB QB's produced, I think we can all agree Wentz represents an upgrade.  I genuintely won't be surprised if Jackson winds up with 1,000 yards in 2019.  With an ADP of ~150, he represents one heck of a value pick.  
little did we know we should have been extrapolating down to 1 or two full games.

Should have just had the surgery back when it happened.  It wouldn't surprise me at this point if he gives it a go after the bye, still can't play, and THEN elects to have the surgery. Such a bad move to extend him for 3 years before the season even began.

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said DeSean Jackson (abdomen) is undergoing second and third opinions following his early exit in Week 9's win over the Bears.

"Until we gather this information we're going to get, I'm not going to speculate," Pederson said on Jackson's Week 11 availability. He also said he has "no regrets about putting him out there" one week before Philadelphia's bye. Jackson was in on four snaps before feeling discomfort and didn't play a single down after. Even with a full two weeks to heal, there's clearly no guarantee the 32-year-old returns for the Eagles this season. Alshon Jeffery (ankle) and Nelson Agholor will continue playing in Jackson's stead.

SOURCE: Reuben Frank on Twitter

Nov 4, 2019, 12:09 PM ET

Should have just had the surgery back when it happened.  It wouldn't surprise me at this point if he gives it a go after the bye, still can't play, and THEN elects to have the surgery. Such a bad move to extend him for 3 years before the season even began.
yep

Having surgery tomorrow for a core muscle injury. Seems his season is likely over per Ian Rapoport

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports DeSean Jackson (core muscle) is unlikely to play again this season.

D-Jax is expected to have surgery on Tuesday. The Eagles aren't expected to have one of the league's premiere field-stretching WRs for the rest of 2019. Mack Hollins will continue to serve as the offense's No. 3 WR behind Alshon Jeffery and Nelson Agholor, but backup TE Dallas Goedert has basically taken Jackson's spot as the offense's No. 3 pass-game option behind Jeffery and Zach Ertz. The Eagles will take on the Patriots in Week 11 following their bye.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Nov 4, 2019, 3:38 PM ET

Eagles placed DeSean Jackson (core muscle surgery) on injured reserve.

The move functionally ends Jackson's age-32 season, as the earliest he could return is the Divisional Round. Jackson played only one full game all year, though he went nuts for 8/154/2. His speed should still play in 2020, where he's under contract for $8.2 million in Philadelphia. He should be back at that price for a team that's been missing a viable deep threat for several years running.

Nov 5, 2019, 4:34 PM ET

Agree. When healthy and in the lineup you can do a lot worse than a DJax at WR3.
Yep absolutely, will most likely sit on my bench but I think he’s a very useful player to have in emergencies and bye weeks, any week there’s a possibility he could go for two TDs and big yardage 

He's going to be a wasted roster spot IMO...he just can't stay healthy and now he's a year older. Unless I just had plenty of roster room I'd rather take the final pick in a rookie draft than Jackson at this point. 

DeSean Jackson (core surgery) has confirmed he is back to 100 percent health.

Jackson underwent surgery in early November. There were reports he had an outside shot at returning for the playoffs, but that didn't happen. "A lot of ab work," D-Jax said of his rehab. "I suffered a core injury so down in that area you’ve got to build all those core muscles and kind of get the strength back and doing a lot of single leg work and just the mobility stuff, so I think I’ll be back stronger than ever." Jackson is the deep threat the Eagles' offense has badly lacked in recent years, but he is going on 33 and has missed 19 games over the past three seasons. When he is on the field, Jackson has lost barely any of his prodigious speed.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Philadelphia

Mar 5, 2020, 10:41 PM ET

19 games over last 3 seasons is such a funny stat to state. Missed 15 last year was it ? So,  he missed 4 games across 32 in the two seasons before. That’s not bad. 

DeSean Jackson is "expected to be the Eagles' top receiving threat" in 2020, according to NJ.com's Mike Kaye.

Obviously that hinges on Jackson remaining healthy, but the statement is a massive boost for the current WR60 in fantasy drafts. The Eagles put all of their eggs in Jackson's basket entering the 2019 season in terms of filling their vertical playmaking need. That first game was incredible: eight catches for 154 yards and two touchdowns, then injuries destroyed the rest of Jackson's season. Philadelphia obviously values that skillset, that is why they added Jalen Reagor and Marquise Goodwin - but if Jackson can stay healthy, he has a great shot of being a tremendous value in fantasy circles.

SOURCE: NJ.com

Jun 8, 2020, 3:24 PM ET

not reliable, but he could win you a week or two, which can make a huge difference in playoff seeding.

im buying at the right price.

(win now mode, with roster space)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quoting Adolph Hitler ( or at least thinking you are) with regard to Jews is not terrible?
Don't think that was his intention.  He didn't know he was doing that.  Was he an idiot for not proof reading and researching what he was posting before doing it?  100% yes.  Is he ACTUALLY  Anti-Jew and Pro-Hitler?  100% no.

I didn't say it wasn't terrible... I said it wasn't terrible enough to be cut.  His apology seems genuine.

The Eagles GM is Jewish so I think he may be trusted here to make the ultimate call on what Desean's intentions and true feeling were here. Not a smart move by Jackson posting anti-Semitic garbage when his boss is Jewish.  

The Eagles GM is Jewish so I think he may be trusted here to make the ultimate call on what Desean's intentions and true feeling were here. Not a smart move by Jackson posting anti-Semitic garbage when his boss is Jewish.  
Further proof this is ignorance not hate. If we are cutting players in the NFL for blatant ignorance...

Further proof this is ignorance not hate. If we are cutting players in the NFL for blatant ignorance...
People get fired/cut for being ignorant all the time. It's better than hate but that doesn't mean someone won't lose their job over it. 

Users who are viewing this thread