What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Emmanuel Sanders (RETIRED) (1 Viewer)

Dropped Golladay and picked up Sanders. Hill and Metcalf / Kamara and Montgomery plugged in and group of these vying for the Flex: Hilton, Gallman, J Wilson, Bowden (a likely drop), and Sanders. At least no one else gets to play Sanders. But he is in the conversation now. 

Hilton looks really juicy again. Sanders just became a WR #2 this week. 
Funny. I just dropped Bowden for Sanders. Don't see the upside anymore with other Miami offensive starters apparently healthy.

Tough choice for you. Right now I have my J. Wilson in for sure over Sanders. My brain is locked into that Dallas matchup. Think I'd go Hilton in your case. He's rolling and the HOU matchup is better than the KC vs NO WR matchup.

Funny. I just dropped Bowden for Sanders. Don't see the upside anymore with other Miami offensive starters apparently healthy.

Tough choice for you. Right now I have my J. Wilson in for sure over Sanders. My brain is locked into that Dallas matchup. Think I'd go Hilton in your case. He's rolling and the HOU matchup is better than the KC vs NO WR matchup.
No doubt Sanders is a solid play this week. It came down to Hilton or Wilson. If Mostert out, then switch to Wilson over Hilton. With Mostert playing and sharing, then stay with Hilton. I picked up Bowden and Gaskin while dropping J Hill earlier this week and allowed Gaskin to the IR. He may be a play next week. Edit: If still alive. Playing the semis and with Waller having gone off for 21, Team Smokin' will be putting their best team forward as the battle just begins.

It's hard knock to get kinda psyched up for Wilson this week. Yet, he might just get 10 touches and 50 yards and no score too. Or 100+ and 2-3 scores. Edit: Wilson floor 7-10 I'd say. Likely scenario 14-18 with one score. His ceiling is still high into the 20's. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Really torn.  Everyone obviously gets more with MT out, but it likely is Kamara and Cook.  Still, Sanders has to get decent looks in the seams and is a goal line threat.  Really torn between him, Patrick (I think the Den/Buff game will be a shootout and supposedly White isn't on him) and Tonyan (going against Rodgers).  Footballguys has Sanders in front of the other two by 30 spots.

Grabbed him off waivers quickly as well. I put him in over D.J. Moore in my WR2 slot, but I’m going to have a tough decision if Curtis Samuel sits. 
I'm in a similar boat.   Still need 1 WR and 1 flex from this group:
Coutee @IND    (league awards pts for return yardage)
E SandersvKC
DJ Moore @GB
Gus vJax
Right now, i'm siting on Coutee and Sanders................I would love to start Gus v a bad Jax Def and think he MAY feast in a 2nd half effort, but competes w Dobbins and Lamar.  And i just don't think i can trust DJMoore (esp coming back from injury + Covid and the chance that he gets Jaire Alexander in coverage).

Emmanuel Sanders caught 4-of-5 targets for 76 yards in the Saints' Week 15 loss to the Chiefs. 

Michael Thomas on injured reserve leaves Sanders as the default WR1 in New Orleans. Against KC, Sanders saved his fantasy day with a 51-yard reception down the sideline in the first half -- one of Drew Brees' only deep throws of the day. He didn't do much beyond the grab, though Brees' targets were very much spread out in his return to the starting lineup. Sanders will be a low-ceiling WR3 play in Week 16 against the Vikings. 

- Rotoworld

Emmanuel Sanders caught 4-of-5 targets for 83 yards in the Saints' Week 16 win over the Vikings.

Drew Brees only attempted 26 pass attempts with Alvin Kamara rushing like a mad man, so Sanders' chances were limited. He made the most of them, including a 31-yard pickup down the sideline. With Michael Thomas out until the NFL playoffs, Sanders will get one more week as the alpha receiver. He will be a fantasy flex play assuming the Saints don't rest their starters.

Dec 25, 2020, 8:14 PM ET

Emmanuel Sanders caught 6-of-9 targets for 48 yards in the Saints' Divisional Round loss to the Bucs.

Sanders led the Saints in targets and catches. Signed to a two-year deal in the offseason, Sanders' first season in New Orleans produced a 61-726-5 line on 82 targets across 14 games. He was signed to be the No. 2 wideout, but Michael Thomas missed nine games during the year, leaving Sanders to pick up the slack. Turning 34 this offseason, Sanders doesn't have a whole lot left in the tank. He carries a $10 million cap hit in 2021, and the Saints will take on a $6 million dead money hit if he's not designated a post-June 1 cut. Obviously, Sanders could be brought back for the second year of his deal, too, but the Saints need to upgrade their wideout group behind Thomas.

Jan 17, 2021, 10:51 PM ET

Saints released Emmanuel Sanders. 

The Saints are scrambling to get under the salary cap, releasing Kwon Alexander and restructuring several big contracts. Parting ways with Sanders will save the team $4 million against the cap. The Saints still have a long way to go until they're under the 2021 cap. In Sanders' lone season in New Orleans, he caught 61 of 82 targets for 726 yards and five scores. Probably he's not much more than a No. 3 receiver on most teams at this late stage in his career. His departure could pave the way for Tre'Quan Smith to secure the No. 2 receiver spot in the Saints' offense. ESPN's Nick Wagoner said a reunion between Sanders and the 49ers could be "intriguing." 

RELATED: 

Tre'Quan Smith

, New Orleans Saints

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Mar 10, 2021, 11:24 AM ET

Bills signed WR Emmanuel Sanders, formerly of the Saints.

The Bills released John Brown for cap purposes and were quick to find his immediate replacement. Unlike most teams, Buffalo has toyed with four-receiver sets at times. That could be a bigger part of their 2021 playbook with Sanders, Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley, and intriguing second-year pro Gabriel Davis under contract. Sanders, 34, will most likely rotate snaps with Davis in three-receiver sets on the perimeter. Neither Sanders nor Davis are exciting redraft picks at this point.

RELATED: 

Gabriel Davis

, New Orleans Saints

SOURCE: Dan Fetes on Twitter

Mar 16, 2021, 6:35 PM ET

The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia said Emmanuel Sanders is more likely than Gabriel Davis to take John Brown's place in the Buffalo offense this year. 

Buscaglia is unapologetically bullish on the 34-year-old Sanders, who he described as "the most underrated piece to the Bills offense." Buscaglia pointed out that Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane has long pursued Sanders and was aggressive in signing the veteran to a $5.9 million deal in March. "Some expect Davis to step into John Brown’s role from last season, but all of the Bills’ actions in the offseason were not of a team confident that Davis was ready to step into an enormous role," Buscaglia said. "[Josh] Allen often looked for Sanders during spring workouts, trying to establish a rapport with him through meaningful reps." Brown in 2020 saw 5.77 target per game in nine games. Sanders, according to Buscaglia, excels in pass routes favored in Buffalo's high-octane offense. Sanders, going a few rounds after Davis in early drafts, should eclipse Davis' ADP in the coming weeks. He'll be a cheap way to benefit from Josh Allen's assault on opposing defenses.

RELATED: 

Gabriel Davis

SOURCE: Joe Buscaglia on Twitter 

Jun 30, 2021, 11:01 AM ET

I actually think he'll be an even better value now. I'm not leaving drafts without him.
Agreed. Sanders is 34 and only on a 1 year deal. My gut is telling me the Bills really brought him in to help teach Davis the game more than anything else. It's no secret that the Bills like to bring in 'older' vets to help teach the youngsters.

The Athletic's Matthew Fairburn reports Bills WR Emmanuel Sanders has been "in and out of practice" with a foot injury. 

The foot issue isn't considered serious. It could, however, prevent Sanders, 34, from staying on the field as part of the Bills' three-receiver sets if the issue lingers into the regular season. The veteran has shown good rapport with Josh Allen throughout August, earning the quarterback's trust as a second option behind Stefon Diggs. "If it weren’t for that foot injury early on in training camp, Sanders would be a pretty big talking point right now," The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia added. He predicted a decrease in snaps for 2020 touchdown machine Gabriel Davis this season while Sanders -- a sneaky late-round fantasy pick -- plays "a lot of snaps" in Buffalo's high-scoring offense. There's been some reporting this month that the Bills could use more four-wideout formations in 2021, putting Davis and Cole Beasley on the field alongside Sanders and Diggs. Buffalo was second -- behind only the Cardinals -- in four-receivers sets last year. 

RELATED: 

Gabriel Davis

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Aug 20, 2021, 2:57 PM ET

Bills head coach Sean McDermott said WR Emmanuel Sanders (foot) is questionable for Week 1 against the Steelers. 

Sanders was officially limited in Friday's practice with the foot issue that's plagued him for a month. There's always a chance Sanders, reportedly an ideal fit for Buffalo's offense and the likely WR2 behind Stefon Diggs, could be active for Sunday's game but limited to a snap count. His absence would make big-play WR Gabriel Davis an intriguing option in a potentially high-scoring game. Buffalo ran the fourth-most three-receiver sets last season, meaning Davis would see a good number of snaps alongside Diggs and slot wideout Cole Beasley. Sanders' availability will be worth monitoring for redraft and DFS purposes. 

RELATED: 

Gabriel Davis

SOURCE: Chris Brown on Twitter 

Sep 10, 2021, 10:54 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Emmanuel Sanders (foot) is expected to play Week 1 against the Steelers.

Sanders got in a week of limited practices and was listed questionable. He's been battling this foot issue for about a month now, and it could be something he has to deal with for multiple weeks. Playing in the Bills' high-octane passing offense against a shaky cornerback group for the Steelers has Sanders on the WR3 map.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 12, 2021, 8:23 AM ET

Emmanuel Sanders practiced in full Friday.

Sanders was given a veteran rest day on Thursday, but was back at practice Friday and looks like a full go for Sunday. Sanders ran just three less routes than Stefon Diggs in the Bills' opener and ran 18 more routes than Gabriel Davis. He looks locked in as the Bills No. 2 option on the outside this week.

RELATED: 

Gabriel Davis

Sep 17, 2021, 1:52 PM ET

Emmanuel Sanders caught 5-of-6 targets for 94 yards and two touchdowns in the Bills' Week 3 win over Washington.

Sanders hauled in a 28-yard score on Buffalo's opening drive and added another touchdown later in the game to put the exclamation point on a tremendous fantasy day. Stefon Diggs is the clear alpha, but Sanders and Cole Beasley will both have their share of big fantasy days in the Bills' pass-heavy attack. Sanders is worthy of flex consideration moving forward.

Yeah I can see now this is the guy I wish I had grabbed everywhere. There is always one or two league winners that I miss out on (for any of various reasons) but I think Sanders could be that guy this year. That said, I did pick him up in waivers in a few spots last night and will more or less consider him an auto start from here on out.

Just scooped this guy up in a league where I’m thin at WR and waiting on Thomas to come back. 

I think people are really sleeping on Manny. Now that Allen is back in form Manny is going to really benefit as the field stretcher. And the schedule the next few weeks (HOU, KC, TEN) looks like a real nice bridge for those waiting on Thomas. The guy is getting dinged because of his age, but he can clearly still play. He was miscast in NO with noodle arm dusty Brees.

Just scooped this guy up in a league where I’m thin at WR and waiting on Thomas to come back. 

I think people are really sleeping on Manny. Now that Allen is back in form Manny is going to really benefit as the field stretcher. And the schedule the next few weeks (HOU, KC, TEN) looks like a real nice bridge for those waiting on Thomas. The guy is getting dinged because of his age, but he can clearly still play. He was miscast in NO with noodle arm dusty Brees.

The way that team throws the ball, they can easily support two high-end WRs. If Sanders stays healthy, I don't see why he can't return WR2 numbers for the duration.

Emmanuel Sanders caught 5-of-6 targets for 74 yards in Buffalo's Week 4 win over Houston.

The veteran slot receiver has been wildly consistent this year, being targeted between 6-8 times in all four of Buffalo's games and returning at least 48 yards in all four of them. Sanders added seven rushing yards on an end around, but only one of his targets came in the red zone this week after a two-touchdown Week 3. He'll be a hot name in the WR3 conversation against Kansas City's porous secondary in Week 5.

Are we thinking he’s the wr2 over Beasley at this point?
Based on weeks 1-4, I'd say he has a higher floor and a higher ceiling, the preferred play IMO.

Target count for all 3 thru week 4:

• Diggs - 41 (13, 8, 10, 10)
  • Sanders - 26 (8, 6, 6, 6)
  • Beasley - 32 (13, 4, 13, 2)

This guy is aging like fine wine. Had high hopes for Gabriel Davis this season but that's come crashing down.

Emmanuel Sanders caught 3-of-5 targets for 54 yards and two touchdowns in the Bills' Week 5 win over the Chiefs.

Sanders is experiencing a revival in his age-34 season as the Bills' WR2. He caught two more touchdowns on Sunday Night Football, bringing his season total to four. Sanders is an every-down player right now, lining up alongside Stefon Diggs as one of Josh Allen's outside receivers. He's a flex candidate in Week 6 against a bad Titans secondary.

Oct 11, 2021, 12:48 AM ET

These Rotoworld blurbs are too much. Just a “Flex Candidate” next week? This guy has been putting up WR2 numbers. Allen seems to have formed a real bond with him.

Emmanuel Sanders caught 5-of-8 targets for 91 yards in the Bills' Week 6 loss to the Titans.

The 91 yards led the Bills, but his eight targets were third behind both Stefon Diggs (11) and Cole Beasley (9). Sanders has been ultra consistent the last four weeks with a pair of two-touchdown games in that span while averaging 78.25 yards. Sanders gets the Week 7 bye to rest his 34-year-old legs before a Week 8 date with the lowly Dolphins. Playing virtually every snap in this pass-heavy offense, Sanders is an every-week WR2/3 right now.

Oct 19, 2021, 12:14 AM ET

Emmanuel Sanders caught 5-of-8 targets for 91 yards in the Bills' Week 6 loss to the Titans.

The 91 yards led the Bills, but his eight targets were third behind both Stefon Diggs (11) and Cole Beasley (9). Sanders has been ultra consistent the last four weeks with a pair of two-touchdown games in that span while averaging 78.25 yards. Sanders gets the Week 7 bye to rest his 34-year-old legs before a Week 8 date with the lowly Dolphins. Playing virtually every snap in this pass-heavy offense, Sanders is an every-week WR2/3 right now.

Oct 19, 2021, 12:14 AM ET
Should have had an even bigger day.  Couple of underthrows from Josh Allen and also not seeing him wide open in the end zone. 

I lost by 5 because Cole Beasley scored a TD and Sanders didn't.  But I'm not bitter.

Should have had an even bigger day.  Couple of underthrows from Josh Allen and also not seeing him wide open in the end zone. 

I lost by 5 because Cole Beasley scored a TD and Sanders didn't.  But I'm not bitter.

I thought Allen had a pretty bad game, although the stats say otherwise.

Anyone have a snap count for the WR's?  I'm not sure where to find that information.  

I felt like Beasley was always on the field with Diggs and Sanders is strictly used in 3 WR sets, but Sanders looked like the more explosive player and the Beasley touchdown was because the corner ran with Sanders instead of playing his position.  

Anyone have a snap count for the WR's?  I'm not sure where to find that information.  

I felt like Beasley was always on the field with Diggs and Sanders is strictly used in 3 WR sets, but Sanders looked like the more explosive player and the Beasley touchdown was because the corner ran with Sanders instead of playing his position.  

You can find snap counts on this site. Just go to the search bar and input snap counts.

Bills play 3+ WR's on most downs and last night Sanders played 92% of the snaps,  Beasley was at 87%. They both played more then Diggs and it's not even unusual that happened, Sanders has played more snaps this season then Diggs.

Emmanuel Sanders caught 4-of-8 targets for 65 yards in the Bills' Week 9 loss to the Jaguars.

Sanders connected with Josh Allen on several key moments including hauling in a 3rd-and-22 rocket from Allen for a first down. Sanders' 65 yards were second to Stefon Diggs' 85 yards on the day, and Sanders tied with Diggs and Devin Singletary for second on the team in targets, behind Cole Beasley. Sanders has a quiet day, he was fairly solid in the overall context of the offense. Sanders will be a WR3/4 against the Jets in Week 10.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Bills coach Sean McDermott said Emmanuel Sanders suffered a knee sprain and is most likely out for Week 15 against the Panthers.

McDermott took a moment to praise Gabe Davis after saying that Sanders isn't expected to play. Davis took on an every-down role after Sanders went down in Week 14 and turned that into five catches for 43 yards and a score. He also scored the Bills' only touchdown in Week 13. Davis was hyper-efficient as a rookie but has seen his role scaled back with the addition of Sanders. He should jump into WR4 territory once Sanders is officially ruled out.

SOURCE: Chris Brown on Twitter

Dec 13, 2021, 4:32 PM ET

Emmanuel Sanders (knee) was upgraded to a full participant in Thursday's practice.

It would seem likely that Gabriel Davis would be the primary slot receiver if they use Stefon Diggs, Sanders, and Davis as their three-wide set. Sanders has mostly been an outside receiver this season. Regardless, it looks like the Bills have the depth to not be too devastated by Cole Beasley (COVID-19) being out this week. Playing the Patriots makes any Bills receiver not named Diggs a tough start this week. 

Dec 23, 2021, 3:13 PM ET

Emmanuel Sanders caught his lone target for 16 yards in the Bills' Divisional Round loss to the Chiefs.

34-year-old Sanders was signed to a one-year deal last offseason and opened the year as the Bills' clear No. 2 receiver and was a top-20 fantasy wideout prior to the Bills' Week 7 bye. After the open date, the wheels fell off for the veteran. Sanders was eventually passed by Gabriel Davis on the depth chart and finished the season with a 42-626-4 line on 72 targets in Buffalo's high-octane pass offense. Sanders turns 35 in March and will likely hunt for another one-year deal with a contender this offseason. [...]

- NBCSportsEDGE

GABE DAVISZN is upon us!

Good luck to Mr. Sanders though. Always enjoyed rooting for him, seemed like he always played the game the right way

Users who are viewing this thread