What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jameson Williams, DET (1 Viewer)

My 2-5 "win now" old dynasty team just got offered him plus a (late?) first for Diggs and I took it. The logic for me is-- that this dang team needs to restock the cupboards. Not sure yet what the 24 class looks like around pick 11 or so, but getting a first and Jamo seemed like what that team needed in terms of taking a couple of risks on. Might have been a colossal blunder but not much else to do on a team that's already a mess. FWIW, the league is a non-ppr must start 3 WR league so there's a little more intrigue for a guy with his profile.

I never did a deep dive on him so dipping my toes into this thread is a bit discouraging to say the least. Physical talent needs to be matched up with a desire to learn and grow. Hope the kid figures it out.

I'll be watching closely today to see if the 6 targets were a mirage. 49 passing attempts can fuel a few fires. Sun God will eat most games. LaPorta hopefully can get some consistency. Gibbs role will likely ebb a little when Monty is back. Hopefully the attention that the other pieces warrant can help him start to free up an start clicking with Goff. They clearly need to start a breakfast club.

I'll be watching closely today

tomorrow night

he went to the Pistons game last night with the GM

means nothing except this....they are not giving up on this kid yet, not by a long shot

JG spent a lot of extra time with him this week working specifically on tracking deep balls over the wrong shoulder (during the media portion of practice)

whether he puts it together is an open question, but they are doing everything they can to set him up for success this year

I'll be watching closely today

tomorrow night

he went to the Pistons game last night with the GM

means nothing except this....they are not giving up on this kid yet, not by a long shot

JG spent a lot of extra time with him this week working specifically on tracking deep balls over the wrong shoulder (during the media portion of practice)

whether he puts it together is an open question, but they are doing everything they can to set him up for success this year
Ha, almost checked that when I was writing. I'm in mid-season lull on the grind. Appreciate the info.

Yes watching the play, Jameson really makes a great catch. If you think this is just a track star playing football, the answer is no. This is Tyreek Hill level talent that is just getting started. His ability to get separation, stop and start on a dime, and reach max acceleration again is not even fair.

He has Tyreek Hill speed and that is it. You know who else had Tyreek Hill speed? John Ross, Marquis Goodwin and others.

Yes watching the play, Jameson really makes a great catch. If you think this is just a track star playing football, the answer is no. This is Tyreek Hill level talent that is just getting started. His ability to get separation, stop and start on a dime, and reach max acceleration again is not even fair.

He has Tyreek Hill speed and that is it. You know who else had Tyreek Hill speed? John Ross, Marquis Goodwin and others.

That's fair, the first 155 snaps of his career have been pretty bad except for 3 splash plays of 40+ yards

But if he starts balling out, bring that same energy

That's fair, the first 155 snaps of his career have been pretty bad except for 3 splash plays of 40+ yards

I agree, but if someone stopped me and said "Hey my buddy wants to bet me a million dollars on whether Jameson Williams is more like Tyreek Hill or John Ross at the end of his career, but I know nothing about football and to make it fair he is letting me pick which side I want. If I win I will give you half of the money I win" I am telling to take the Ross side.

I agree, but if someone stopped me and said "Hey my buddy wants to bet me a million dollars on whether Jameson Williams is more like Tyreek Hill or John Ross at the end of his career, but I know nothing about football and to make it fair he is letting me pick which side I want. If I win I will give you half of the money I win" I am telling to take the Ross side.

As would I

but he can still be a big time contributor to what they want to accomplish this year

FF wise, who cares, I don't and he's on my roster, but if he peaks in Dec-Jan-Feb that's a big dub regardless of folks disappointed expectations today

I was really high on him coming out - was a bit bummed went G Wilson over him. He looked like a legit franchise WR coming out. Knee injury and suspension notwithstanding - its time for him to break out and show why he was picked so high. Id like to see him start tonight with a solid performance.

Read the original RSP and watched his highlight reel. The ceiling is the roof but man, he needs to tighten it up. Looks like he's still trying to get up to NFL speed in reacting/ cripsness etc. Hopefully he can watch and learn from Amon Ra.

NFL Leaders Dropped Passes per PFF
  1. Jameson Williams 5 (15 targets 6 receptions) 45.5% Drop Rate
    K.J. Osborn 5 (46-30) 14.3%
    Jaylen Waddle 5 (53-37) 11.9%
    T.J. Hockenson 5 (66-53) 8.6%
    Puka Nacua 5 (84-61) 7,6%
Well at least he's in good company, eh.

Please tell me you were wearing your new Jamo jersey when you were typing this.

I was!! And I’m wearing it right now as I read this.

Kid doesn’t have a bigger fan than me. I’m just quoting stats here. But I’ve given him (just) criticisms in other posts bc I don’t think those stats are who he is; kid has the raw talent to be a star.

Ain’t happening so far, and it’s just wishcasting to pretend it’s inevitable he wil get it together.

Kid doesn’t have a bigger fan than me. I’m just quoting stats here. But I’ve given him (just) criticisms in other posts bc I don’t think those stats are who he is; kid has the raw talent to be a star.

Ain’t happening so far, and it’s just wishcasting to pretend it’s inevitable he wil get it together.
I just dropped him after stashing him on my I.R.......he is an enigma at this point.

Someone posted that Williams is the most "EXPLOSIVE" WR in the NFL!!!

Lets hope he is still on Lions roster if he becomes that.

Someone posted that Williams is the most "EXPLOSIVE" WR in the NFL!!!

Lets hope he is still on Lions roster if he becomes that.
He might need to be traded to the Eagles to realize his true potential

I just dropped him after stashing him on my I.R.......he is an enigma at this point.

I dropped for a 3rd emergency TE for MNF (dropped the next day.) But his jersey arrived yesterday & he’s on the WW if my heart softens. 18 player roster + 2 IR. Drafted him and held on for 8 weeks but just don’t see any evidence he’s even a competent pro let alone FF relevant.

I dropped for a 3rd emergency TE for MNF (dropped the next day.) But his jersey arrived yesterday & he’s on the WW if my heart softens. 18 player roster + 2 IR. Drafted him and held on for 8 weeks but just don’t see any evidence he’s even a competent pro let alone FF relevant.
It's crazy, he toyed with me last year too....I read too many of those promising pieces. When Detroit signed another WR I decided I was out. Still kicking myself for not picking up LaPorta in both redrafts. I was on him and procrastinated.

I think enigma pretty much encapsulate's his carreer so far. Great call Scooby 1974. I thought fir sure he was going to light it up. Maybe one day. But looking like it may not be till next year.

hard for him to get looks with LaPorta and Amon and now gibbs hanging around.
It shouldn't be hard for a 1st round Bama WR with blazing speed to get looks over rookie RBs and TEs in the passing game.

Dylan Drummond, practice squad WR, wasn’t even a priority UDFA. He won a spot on the 90-man TC roster this summer, ran with the 2s, nearly made the team. Built an instant rapport with Goff. As did LaPorta. How? By lining up correctly and running routes the correct depth and reading choice routes in sync with the QB.

All the little detail assignments that Jamo struggles to learn. The why is a mystery, but here we are - it is what it is.

It shouldn't be hard for a 1st round Bama WR with blazing speed to get looks over rookie RBs and TEs in the passing game.

Dylan Drummond, practice squad WR, wasn’t even a priority UDFA. He won a spot on the 90-man TC roster this summer, ran with the 2s, nearly made the team. Built an instant rapport with Goff. As did LaPorta. How? By lining up correctly and running routes the correct depth and reading choice routes in sync with the QB.

All the little detail assignments that Jamo struggles to learn. The why is a mystery, but here we are - it is what it is.
Yep, he's just a gadget/splash play guy. The speed is real. Not much else is though unfortunately. It happens though, teams miss all the time. Even the best teams- it's not a perfect science. I do think Holmes sometimes falls a bit too much in love with players but so far I think the results indicate the Lions know what they are doing more than most.

Yep, he's just a gadget/splash play guy. The speed is real. Not much else is though unfortunately. It happens though, teams miss all the time. Even the best teams- it's not a perfect science. I do think Holmes sometimes falls a bit too much in love with players but so far I think the results indicate the Lions know what they are doing more than most.

Brad Holmes is an elite talent evaluator. He came up through scouting and he's had a lot of hits in three drafts. In the NFC I would put him a notch below John Lynch and Howie Roseman but he's done a good job constructing the roster.

Last year Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore were little more than gadget/splash play guys, but the Chiefs don't win another ring without them. They weren't primary cogs but they had big plays when it mattered thee most. Jamo is still part of their plans ROS, and he'll turn a game or two based on his speed. I just don't think we'll see consistent production from him anytime soon bc the packages they put in for him right now are limited....and when you're dropping every other on target catchable ball, that's not anything close to maximizing your opportunities

Brad Holmes is an elite talent evaluator. He came up through scouting and he's had a lot of hits in three drafts. In the NFC I would put him a notch below John Lynch and Howie Roseman but he's done a good job constructing the roster.

Last year Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore were little more than gadget/splash play guys, but the Chiefs don't win another ring without them. They weren't primary cogs but they had big plays when it mattered thee most. Jamo is still part of their plans ROS, and he'll turn a game or two based on his speed. I just don't think we'll see consistent production from him anytime soon bc the packages they put in for him right now are limited....and when you're dropping every other on target catchable ball, that's not anything close to maximizing your opportunities
Did Sky Moore? I honestly don't recall those.

He was in for over 50% of the snaps this week, make some key blocks, and didn't make any obvious mistakes.

He's never going to be the focal point of the offense, but I'd call that progress.

He was in for over 50% of the snaps this week, make some key blocks, and didn't make any obvious mistakes.

He's never going to be the focal point of the offense, but I'd call that progress.

you should look at the film review I posted

you'll find it one post up from yours

coach draws the same conclusion as you - we are seeing progress

edit also - pull the string, Jared - if he's open by 8 yards, pull the dang string

I’m trying to re-acquire Jamo, mostly as a good luck charm & depth (Chase, Waddle, Olave, Reed.) Our trade deadline is in two days & the guy who picked him [off waivers] is a frenemy (I drafted him & dropped him after the BAL game.) I’m 5-5 but crushing the last 3 weeks, 1st in power rankings, projected to go 9-5, life is good.

Send frenemy a note.

“Are you interested in moving Jameson?” He sent me an offer of Jamo for Olave. I counter with A.T. Perry for Williams.

Turkey

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread