What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jameson Williams, DET (1 Viewer)

Just traded Geno Smith for him in dynasty. Drafted Jameson as a rookie, traded him away, but I'm back on the train 🚂
I have him in my dynasty rebuild. Squarely on the taxi squad. If I didn’t I’d be interested in acquiring cheap. I traded him away last year for ekeler in a different league.

Just traded Geno Smith for him in dynasty. Drafted Jameson as a rookie, traded him away, but I'm back on the train 🚂
I have him in my dynasty rebuild. Squarely on the taxi squad. If I didn’t I’d be interested in acquiring cheap. I traded him away last year for ekeler in a different league.
That's a really good sell to get Ekeler. I traded him during the offseason when things were starting to go downhill (suspension, etc), for the #11 pick (Quentin Johnston).

Are we seeing this happen this year or would you drop him for Jeudy?
Jeudy, easy.
Really? What is Jeudy's upside at this point?
He said THIS year. There is precisely zilch Jamo will do THIS year. Short of an unpredictable deep bomb, he only has 2 catch games for minimal yards. Long-term...well idk, I'd still have to think about it.

Jeudy's upside? Not much. But he can still provide bye week value at the least. Short of last week, he bottoms out at 5 targets a game, and most times has turned that into a 50 yard minimum.

I mean at the end of the day, you're gonna be in trouble if you have to go with either, but Jeudy is slightly more consistent/reliable.

good kid

may never be a big time player but he's a weapon and a contributor and rn that's enough

not worth the 12th pick but whatever, you are going to have some misses when you take big swings

made a tough catch today and took a hit, that was encouraging

the 32 yard TD was basically a layup throw right into his lap, the defense was keying on Amon-Ra and he slipped by them

good kid

may never be a big time player but he's a weapon and a contributor and rn that's enough

not worth the 12th pick but whatever, you are going to have some misses when you take big swings

the 32 yard TD was basically a layup throw right into his lap, the defense was keying on Amon-Ra and he slipped by them
I’m real happy for him and it’s nice to see him getting more involved

good kid

Yes, but Jamo seems to slip by people a lot more easier than most. Jamo will start to see 4 or 5 targets instead of 2 or 3 in the next few weeks.

@E_Woodyard

After the win, where he scored his 3rd career TD, #Lions WR Jameson Williams pulled up to the West Side of Detroit to give out turkeys and signed footballs to families at the Family Assistance for Renaissance Men (@FARMFathers). He called it “important” to show up for the city.

:wub:

video

really good kid, he does stuff like this all the time
Good to see for the kid after getting bashed for previous numerous poor decisions

That was quietly probably his best game as a pro. 7 targets, 4 catches, finally got used as a true WR2 instead of 2-3 gadget plays or low % deep shots. Won’t see snap counts until later today but seemed like he was out there a lot.

More progress.
That one jump ball he skyed and turned on was some nice timing and hands.

Imagine that, a 22 year old prospect coming off of major surgery needs a little time to get back on track. I’ve kept all my shares. I don’t expect him to become the next Tyreek, but it’s possible.

Encouraging progress but it still feels like an uphill battle for him to be fantasy relevant. Even if he develops as a player, he's competing with a volume heavy WR1, a rookie TE having one of the best receiving years ever and a electric receiving RB that looks better each week. The competition for consistent touches is going to be a lot for him to overcome.

Encouraging progress but it still feels like an uphill battle for him to be fantasy relevant. Even if he develops as a player, he's competing with a volume heavy WR1, a rookie TE having one of the best receiving years ever and a electric receiving RB that looks better each week. The competition for consistent touches is going to be a lot for him to overcome.

Williams will get 1-2 deep shots a game, they might hit, they might not. Basically, has had 1 deep pass all year that has hit. 17 receptions in 10 games is not good for FF.

For the most part he is used as a decoy to pull the safeties back and open up the middle for LaPorta and St Brown.

I doubt he is ever going to be an 80 reception guy 10 TD guy, but he still helps the offense without catching a pass.

Last edited:
18 games into his career now

25-395-3 on 51 targets, 4-69-1 rushing

First 9 games he caught 5 of 21 targets

Since the BAL game, the drops have stopped and he has 20 receptions on 30 targets (299 yards)

Was limping after the Dallas game, not sure if he'll play in the finale

He's fast but still lacking in so many areas - will have to continue to make a LOT of progress before he's a legit NFL WR2

edit typo

Last edited:
I gotta say

I was a huge believer. I still think he's very talented. I think he'll get a lot better.

But I thought it was going to be ARSB and Jameson. I'm used to the idea that the Lions always lose and will play from behind/pass a lot. Jameson hasn't been as good as hoped for. LaPorta--who I thought would be very good--shattered my expectations for his rookie season. The Lions have a running game. And they actually use it.

He'll probably still be a really late round target, especially in best ball. But the shine is off in dynasty leagues. That reminds me, gotta see if that one guy still wants him.

From a fantasy perspective, next year is undoubtedly huge for him. Otherwise IMO, he falls into that similar boat as his ex-Bama teammate Jerry Jeudy in terms of unfulfilled expectations.

With ARSB/LaPorta/Gibbs all master class in the passing game though, even as much as they throw the ball, not sure if there will be enough passing volume for Williams to be more than an occasional big play guy.

From a fantasy perspective, next year is undoubtedly huge for him. Otherwise IMO, he falls into that similar boat as his ex-Bama teammate Jerry Jeudy in terms of unfulfilled expectations.

With ARSB/LaPorta/Gibbs all master class in the passing game though, even as much as they throw the ball, not sure if there will be enough passing volume for Williams to be more than an occasional big play guy.

Thing is they leave a lot of meat on the bone every week. Top 3-5 offense in most rankings/grades but there is def room for improvement.

Open question how much ceiling there is for Goff. He’s good but don’t know that it’s reasonable to think he’ll ever be elite. Hooker, if he amounts to anything, is a couple years away and he’s only like 3-4 years younger.

His snaps have increased in second part of his year after the suspension. Basically he’s splitting snaps with Reynolds now.

I think once he puts Reynolds behind him and earns more snaps near St. Brown’s numbers we will see his production significantly rise next year.

He’s still making the transition and we have seen him improve as the year goes on.

If Jamo had someone like Stafford throwing to him, he would look a lot better. It is criminal that last weeks deep ball was the first time Goff hit him like that. Usually they are ducks where Jamo has to come back for and the ball gets smacked away.

If Jamo had someone like Stafford throwing to him, he would look a lot better. It is criminal that last weeks deep ball was the first time Goff hit him like that. Usually they are ducks where Jamo has to come back for and the ball gets smacked away.

Goff and Jamo just cannot get on the same page for whatever reason

I gotta say

I was a huge believer. I still think he's very talented. I think he'll get a lot better.

But I thought it was going to be ARSB and Jameson. I'm used to the idea that the Lions always lose and will play from behind/pass a lot. Jameson hasn't been as good as hoped for. LaPorta--who I thought would be very good--shattered my expectations for his rookie season. The Lions have a running game. And they actually use it.

He'll probably still be a really late round target, especially in best ball. But the shine is off in dynasty leagues. That reminds me, gotta see if that one guy still wants him.
Narrator: He did not still want him.

Eventually Jameson will probably have Hooker throwing to him. At that point I think his value increases significantly. But that might be further away than originally thought.

Eventually Jameson will probably have Hooker throwing to him. At that point I think his value increases significantly. But that might be further away than originally thought.
I would slow my roll on that. Goff has 4 seasons of at least 28 TDs, 4 seasons over 4,000 yards. That's an incredibly high bar for a 3rd round pick. Based on how Goff played this year, we have to assume he is the starter next year. Let's say they let him walk from there. That means Hooker will be 27 years old before he ever gets a starting job in the NFL. By the time Goff was 27, he had thrown 107 TDs, 18k yards, been to 2 Pro Bowls and started in a Super Bowl. It just seems like a stretch to me to think Hooker would be better for any member of the Lions offense than Goff.

I have a hard time seeing the Lions moving on from Goff unless they wind up with a top 10 pick at some point. And right now they seem like a team built to compete for several years.

Goff is a GOOD NFL Quarterback. You give him the right weapons and a good defense, he can win a Superbowl. He's good enough to hang with Mahommes/Allen if the rest of the team is playing well.

He's not the superstar QB. He's not singlehandedly going to lift up a team. He's not going to take over 3 or 4 playoff games in a row.

The Lions are built to win now. They have great pieces on both sides of the ball. It just doesn't make sense to move on unless you have a slam dunk upgrade. And there aren't a ton of elite NFL QB's moving teams.

I have a hard time seeing the Lions moving on from Goff unless they wind up with a top 10 pick at some point. And right now they seem like a team built to compete for several years.

Goff is a GOOD NFL Quarterback. You give him the right weapons and a good defense, he can win a Superbowl. He's good enough to hang with Mahommes/Allen if the rest of the team is playing well.

He's not the superstar QB. He's not singlehandedly going to lift up a team. He's not going to take over 3 or 4 playoff games in a row.

The Lions are built to win now. They have great pieces on both sides of the ball. It just doesn't make sense to move on unless you have a slam dunk upgrade. And there aren't a ton of elite NFL QB's moving teams.
Fair points. But considering how many injuries happen, there’s a reasonable chance we see Hooker before planned.
Goff is a very good QB. Hooker has a better deep ball.

I would slow my roll on that. Goff has 4 seasons of at least 28 TDs, 4 seasons over 4,000 yards. That's an incredibly high bar for a 3rd round pick. Based on how Goff played this year, we have to assume he is the starter next year. Let's say they let him walk from there. That means Hooker will be 27 years old before he ever gets a starting job in the NFL. By the time Goff was 27, he had thrown 107 TDs, 18k yards, been to 2 Pro Bowls and started in a Super Bowl. It just seems like a stretch to me to think Hooker would be better for any member of the Lions offense than Goff.
I’m not necessarily saying hooker will be a better all around QB or the lions should move off Goff any time soon. But I firmly think hooker would be better for Jameson (not anyone else really)

I like Jamo, but through no fault of his he finds himself in an offense where St. Brown & LaPorta are the definite prime targets and Gibbs/Montgomery get a ton of touches out of the backfield. Best ball target for sure but week to week hit or miss imo.

Fair points. But considering how many injuries happen, there’s a reasonable chance we see Hooker before planned.
Goff is a very good QB. Hooker has a better deep ball.
I think Hooker definitely has a better deep ball. But it may require an injury for him to get a chance. If they do move on from Goff, I would be surprised for them to turn it over to Hooker. They have really good offensive pieces and a strong defense. Turning it over to an unproven QB with a 3rd round pedigree just doesn't seem to be the move.

I know Reynolds had the big drop on 4th down. I think there was another drop or maybe he ran the wrong route?

I wonder if this cracks the door for Jameson to get more opportunities next year.

I know Reynolds had the big drop on 4th down. I think there was another drop or maybe he ran the wrong route?

I wonder if this cracks the door for Jameson to get more opportunities next year.

Drop on 4th down, then two series later, drop on 3rd down; was short of the line but had room to run

Reynolds is an UFA. Except for a half season in Tennessee (2021), he has played his entire career with Goff.

Jamo has no GTD left bc of the gambling suspension but if he makes a Y3 jump they’ll likely exercise his 5th year option. But it’s not automatic at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread