What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jameson Williams, DET (2 Viewers)

2 TD's today. Big things coming next year. Maybe.

2 catches for 25 yards is nothing to be excited about...
You must play in leagues that don't reward points for touchdowns or rushing yards.

didn't know 40 yard rushing tds is something you put into your consideration for wr projections
I'm gonna stop with the sarcastic replies and try to offer something I see as productive.

1. I don't think you ignore the 40 yard touchdown because it was handed instead of thrown. They put the ball in his hands and he broke a 40 yard touchdown. Last season he had a rush for 40 yards. While I would agree with the premise "you can't count on a 40 yard rush," it's probably replaced by a 40 yard pass the next time.

2. I do typically project rushing touches for receivers that get double digit rushing touches.

My take away from this game: Josh Reynolds struggled and is about to be gone. Jameson scored two touchdowns in the biggest game of his career. He broke 1 long play. He got a red zone touchdown. There's signs of life, and there are reasons to expect a bigger role in 2024.

You must play in leagues that don't reward points for touchdowns or rushing yards.

didn't know 40 yard rushing tds is something you put into your consideration for wr projections
I'm gonna stop with the sarcastic replies and try to offer something I see as productive.

1. I don't think you ignore the 40 yard touchdown because it was handed instead of thrown. They put the ball in his hands and he broke a 40 yard touchdown. Last season he had a rush for 40 yards. While I would agree with the premise "you can't count on a 40 yard rush," it's probably replaced by a 40 yard pass the next time.

2. I do typically project rushing touches for receivers that get double digit rushing touches.

My take away from this game: Josh Reynolds struggled and is about to be gone. Jameson scored two touchdowns in the biggest game of his career. He broke 1 long play. He got a red zone touchdown. There's signs of life, and there are reasons to expect a bigger role in 2024.

Signs of life I agree with. Your original statement of 'big things coming' tells a very different future

He's definitely gonna be more valuable in best ball formats
Yep. He’s currently my WR2 or 3 on a rebuilding team which is about to add MH jr and Nabers, I’m excited to have him as my future wr4. But there’s definitely going to be boom and bust.

If you watch Jamo's more recent catches in the playoffs, Goff is throwing to spots and expecting Jamo to get there. That level of trust was not there earlier in the season. I would expect to see a lot more Wamo next season. He needs to be getting at least one touch a game running the ball as he success rate is off the charts. Jamo career rushing stats including playoffs:

5-111-2

Those are insane rushing numbers. 22 yards per carry and an insane 40 percent TD rate. How do you not go back to that well a little more often?

Last edited:
Massive offseason for Wamo. No distractions, no injuries. Just focus on the details of being a pro now. I hope he spends some time with Amon Ra maybe. The tools are there to become a DJax, WIll Fuller type.

Watching him play for the first time last weekend, he’s like a big puppy. He’s big, fast and plenty strong but the overall coordination seems like a work in progress. His micro reactions are a tick slow. Quick take is he needs to work his butt off to unlock the ridiculous ceiling that his raw talent would allow. To date, injuries and self inflicted obstacles have made that challenging. He needs to be Edelman and follow Goff around all offseason.

40 yard TDS of any flavor 100% get considered. If the guy has the ability to create points from thin air he has the ability to create points from thin air. How he gets his touches is irrelevant. Nevermind the fact that if he's effective at running these plays DET is going to continue to run them. I've seen many mic'd up coaches and I've never seen one say "ok, that's clearly an effective way to use the guy, let's stop doing that now".

The tools are there to become a DJax, WIll Fuller type.
To me, that's basically his ceiling. Just hard to see him drawing a ton of targets when you've got ARSB, LaPorta and Gibbs getting theirs. He's probably going to have to maximize his efficiency on a limited number of touches. As someone stated above, he's probably best suited for best ball leagues.

40 yard TDS of any flavor 100% get considered. If the guy has the ability to create points from thin air he has the ability to create points from thin air. How he gets his touches is irrelevant. Nevermind the fact that if he's effective at running these plays DET is going to continue to run them. I've seen many mic'd up coaches and I've never seen one say "ok, that's clearly an effective way to use the guy, let's stop doing that now".

Detroit thinks he's so great he got 2 whole catches...

You draft how you want to draft but I'll take the guy that actually gets catches.

The tools are there to become a DJax, WIll Fuller type.
To me, that's basically his ceiling. Just hard to see him drawing a ton of targets when you've got ARSB, LaPorta and Gibbs getting theirs. He's probably going to have to maximize his efficiency on a limited number of touches. As someone stated above, he's probably best suited for best ball leagues.

That's an extreme ceiling situation if you ask me...I don't think he will see Djax numbers.

I didn’t mean performing statistically like Jackson. I just meant style and impact of defenses. This was more of a real life football take than one for fantasy.

Lions head coach Dan Campbell said Jameson Williams will “push to be a full-time starter” in 2024.

Williams, who was suspended for the first month of the 2024 regular season, saw more playing time late in the year, seeing 25 targets over his final six games. His route participation steadily increased as the season progressed. Jared Goff’s refusal to throw downfield, as recently detailed by Rotoworld’s Denny Carter, could be a major hinderance to Williams’ fantasy prospects in the run-first Detroit offense. Williams, 22, will likely profile as a boom-bust fantasy option for as long as Goff is under center for the Lions, though more routes and intermediate targets could change his outlook.

I'm back on the Jamo train. I feel his talents got unlocked in the 49ers game, and he relocated his mojo.

Big time players make big time plays in big time games.

Last edited:
They'll draft another guy and it'll be a mess. He'll be the potential 4th option, at very best the 3rd. Obviously depends on your league settings but the 3rd option on a run first team is not what you generally should be buying.

Big time players make big time plays in big time games.

What would a good Jamo year look like to you?
To rephrase, what stats would you consider a good 2024 for Jamo?
1 Super Bowl appearance.
Not sure why you keep dodging the question

The Lions under Dan Campbell have a team first mentality bud, team success is what matters. Ben Johnson really knows his stuff too...:popcorn:
Well, this is a fantasy football site. And you wrote that you are back on the Jamo train. So I’m trying to understand how this might translate for fantasy football. If you don’t see him performing for fantasy purposes, that’s fine too. Just trying to follow along, that’s all.

They'll draft another guy and it'll be a mess. He'll be the potential 4th option, at very best the 3rd. Obviously depends on your league settings but the 3rd option on a run first team is not what you generally should be buying.
I’m a Detroit fan. I want Jamo to do well but he hasn’t shown consistency or reliability yet.
Pretty sure Lions will be drafting a receiver as well.

:oldunsure: dude or dud? Who uses dude in a sentence like that? wouldn't you say stud? but again, real close to a spell check change from dud.

Something I heard this week more than a few times: Detroit believes Jameson Williams is going to be a dude next year. And uh, to be clear: That’s the first time I’ve heard that type of firm optimism about Williams from Lions people in honest moments since he got there.
Interesting. Would love to hear how folks see this translating into stat projections for him.
I don’t think it translates into anything people hoped for when he came out as a rookie but he’s probably a nice best ball player because he has clearly demonstrated he’s capable of making huge plays at the NFL level.

Something I heard this week more than a few times: Detroit believes Jameson Williams is going to be a dude next year. And uh, to be clear: That’s the first time I’ve heard that type of firm optimism about Williams from Lions people in honest moments since he got there.
Interesting. Would love to hear how folks see this translating into stat projections for him.
I read that tweet a few weeks ago, a few drafts ago, and since that time I've drafted Jameson once and it was a Best Ball league as WR47 and my WR3.

So for me, without getting into projections, I still would view him as someone I like better in BB but still not overly high on him. An ok gamble late in drafts, not a priority or target.

I don’t think it translates into anything people hoped for when he came out as a rookie but he’s probably a nice best ball player because he has clearly demonstrated he’s capable of making huge plays at the NFL level.
Yeah, I just don’t see who he takes targets from to become anything more than that…

Yeah, I just don’t see who he takes targets from to become anything more than that…
While I do mostly agree, and the chalk makes it sound laughable, but St. Brown and LaPorta had over 280 targets between them last year. Whether due to some random injury or just gameplan, those are definitely numbers that can decrease. But again, I know nobody is expecting them to decrease, because, they did so well, why would you not throw their way just as much, or more?

Josh Reynolds did have 40 catches last year.

Well yeah, sure, he could have 40 catches. I’m just trying to gauge what people expect when they exhibit excitement about Jamo.

Well yeah, sure, he could have 40 catches. I’m just trying to gauge what people expect when they exhibit excitement about Jamo.
Basically I think he means those are 40 catches (64 targets) that are vacated by Reynolds' departure. Jameson had 42 targets on 3/4 of a season already.

hile I do mostly agree, and the chalk makes it sound laughable, but St. Brown and LaPorta had over 280 targets between them last year. Whether due to some random injury or just gameplan, those are definitely numbers that can decrease. But again, I know nobody is expecting them to decrease, because, they did so well, why would you not throw their way just as much, or more?
FWIW I am most leery of a decrease in ASB's target share.

Now, I thought that would be the case last year and it was not, in fact increased his usage. I just think that with Laporta and Gibbs entering year two and having more of a full off-season of knowing what they got they will incorporate them more. Along with Jamo maybe rising (as well as potentially shortening some drives with huge chunk plays) something has to give and I just think it's most likely to come off the guy getting over 10 targets a game, someone who is witin .2 targets a game of being the second most targetted player in the league. That's just a pretty high area to be on a team with other quality options.

70-1150-9 tds total?

Plus maybe 150 rushing on end arounds

Users who are viewing this thread