What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jaylen Waddle, MIA (4 Viewers)

How much longer does Tyreek play? Didn't he say he was going to finish out his contract and that was it?
His comment on retiring means zilch to me.

His base comp in 2026 jumps up to about $45M. I think his contract was designed to either exit out from him after 2025 or extend him and get the 2026 cap hit of over $56m down.

There is a chance if for whatever reason after 2024 they decided to move on they could do it and it would not be overly painful but that would likely only be the case if he had a sharp decline or more likely off the field issues got heavy.

So my best guess is Waddle/Tyreek are paired together for the next two seasons. ETA-assuming Waddle is tagged or extended.

How much longer does Tyreek play? Didn't he say he was going to finish out his contract and that was it?

I think Waddle is a top 12ish WR in fantasy and like his outlook better than guys like Aiyuk or Pittman or Higgins.
Obviously I'm a huge Waddle fan and think he is very talented. But as mentioned by the 2 posts above he has had injuries the last 2 seasons and he misses some key games. Sometimes he comes back but he's not 100% and is not as effective.

If he can stay healthy, and with his connection with Tua, I believe he can push the WR1 (top 12) in fantasy scoring. In 2022 he was a feature and a threat in the red zone when they got down to the goal line. He came up with some clutch TDs when they needed a score.

Health is going to be key for Waddle going forward. He needs to take care of himself.

Waddle is one of my favorite buy lows for next year. Seems like many are looking at his somewhat down year rather than the current situation. And while Tyreek is still obviously there, even a slight reversion to the mean for Hill can mean more opportunities for Waddle.

Users who are viewing this thread