What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jaylen Waddle, MIA (2 Viewers)

What's the scoop on him? Is it just too many mouths to feed in that offense right now?

I watched him in week 1/2 and he looked solid, but wasn't getting the volume. I just traded for him (gave up J. Dotson and D. Waller - felt like a steal because Waller was my #2 TE, and Dotson was my #3 WR). I was hoping the owner was low on him, but honestly didn't expect him to take my first offer.
I said it before with the Dolphins having a young back now, they will want to run more.. Waddle will be this years FF bust...

800-1000 yards and 4-6 TD
It's a little early to be running victory laps after an injury plagued first 4 games. I'm still not sure if he's at 100%, but I would be shocked if Waddle doesn't wind up beating your yardage and TD prediction. I am looking to acquire as I own 0 shares. His value got a little out of hand pre-draft, but I'm hoping his owners get a cold feet.
I take very little Karl says seriously, on Sundays he likes to post in the game threads and it's mostly the players he has a vested interest in we'll say and it comes across as sour grapes at times vs honest NFL analysis which is not everyone's strong suit, most don't want to understand Xs and Os, spare me the labor and show me the baby.

I also don't detest Karl, he's a reflection of a lot of people who play fantasy football and he's just as entitled to his opinions as we ours. But I find much of it simply rooted in $$$, again not a bad thing as I gamble like a fiend at times on the spreads, but I take it with a grain of salt.

-He wants to get a real Waddle supporter up in arms, it's his ammo, let it go and just joke back with him is what i mostly do.
So let me know how you think Waddle is going to put up this huge season when he has done **** and we are entering week 5?

Guy has FF bust written on him this year.

What's the scoop on him? Is it just too many mouths to feed in that offense right now?

I watched him in week 1/2 and he looked solid, but wasn't getting the volume. I just traded for him (gave up J. Dotson and D. Waller - felt like a steal because Waller was my #2 TE, and Dotson was my #3 WR). I was hoping the owner was low on him, but honestly didn't expect him to take my first offer.
I said it before with the Dolphins having a young back now, they will want to run more.. Waddle will be this years FF bust...

It's a little early to be running victory laps after an injury plagued first 4 games. I'm still not sure if he's at 100%, but I would be shocked if Waddle doesn't wind up beating your yardage and TD prediction. I am looking to acquire as I own 0 shares. His value got a little out of hand pre-draft, but I'm hoping his owners get a cold feet.
I have him and I am looking to trade him.. Miami has Achane this season. Last season they didn't have much of a run game. Achane touches will only increase as the season goes and I believe that will hurt Waddle.

I have him and I am looking to trade him.. Miami has Achane this season. Last season they didn't have much of a run game. Achane touches will only increase as the season goes and I believe that will hurt Waddle.
What do you think you'll get for him?

-If it's OK Karl, i'm going to answer this one and I'll also answer your other question from the direct post, although i already said what Waddle will do if he continues at this pace for the rest of the season.

The Achane influx/surge on this offense/team cannot be understated at the moment, Karl you know I'm diehard Phins fan, right? I watch almost every snap.
Waddle got hammered up in New England, he had 4/86 entering that game.

-If Achane and Mostert combine for say 150 yds rushing, that likely is going to keep Tua around 250-300 tops and as a Mimai fan, I embrace it. We needed a steady run game.
But I also think Waddle played a little hurt yesterday, think both Hill and Waddle were sitting on the bench in the 4th Q, Miami also has their WR3 on IR-Cracraft and their WR5-Ez E leaving them with a gimpy Waddle that almost had to take the field this past Sunday

Waddle is on pace right now for 64-1,000 and that's if he can only suit up 3 out of 4 games the rest of the year, I think 75/1,350 is what he had last year, he doesn't need 100 catches to make a splash. I think somewhere between 60/1000 and 75/1,300 is your answer. Touchdowns? I can't say for sure but odds are Achane won't have 6 of them every 2 weeks

Have you peered at Miami's schedule, relax chief. They have a couple of road games like Buffalo but also over the next few weeks...NYG,CAR at home, then @ Philly and I expect them to be competitive and then a home game vs the Pats and a road game vs KC in Germany, Bye week after that and we are at Week 11

Weeks 11 thru 15...LVR, @ NYJ, @ Wash, TEN, NYJ...which of those games scare you? My point is they are going to feast often this year, you won't always know from who or when but over the season I think things will even out.

Waddle is not likely to hit a 2nd Round grade again next year in redraft if that help at all...I never thought he was a 2nd Rd pick and had to scream loudly to stop MoP Jr from drafting him in August on the 2/3 turn, just had a feeling Achane and a bigger commitment to the run could lower his targets some. Hill is always going to be priority #1, he was a 1st round pick for many, usually you cannot make the WR2 on any offense justify a 2nd or 3rd round grade but there are exceptions

I hope you didn't take anything I said wrong, I appreciate you pressing for more information but I think 800 yards if he is healthy is a ridiculous forecast for end of season
My .02

That's fair but I see Achane helping to make this offense even more explosive, giving Hill AND Waddle a little more room to run. Mostert did his best job to give the job outright to Achane this last week, but they'll both be in the picture if healthy. I said it before, but I believe over the course of the season I believe this offense can support two #1WRs and two #1/#2 RBs. Achane isn't going to score 20 every week just like Hill won't explode every week. Waddle's injury undoubtedly slowed him early this season, then the fluky concussion, but the question for me is if he can get right or just be dinged the entire year. I'm betting on the former but I can see why anyone who drafted him is disappointed.

also, Waddle scored a TD that was called back because the lineman went about 2 feet past the LOS, so.....he would have had about 20 points if not for a stupid play by the center

What are you Waddle owners doing with him? Not sure what to think of the Claypool addition. I am not sure Waddle is close to 100%.

Anyone concerned yet?

Dude has 16 catches in 5 games with about 230 yards and only 1 TD. Last year after 5 games he had 2 100-yard games already.

With Miami having a run game this year, what is his ceiling the rest of the season?

Anyone concerned yet?

Dude has 16 catches in 5 games with about 230 yards and only 1 TD. Last year after 5 games he had 2 100-yard games already.

With Miami having a run game this year, what is his ceiling the rest of the season?
Forgotten man with Achane. Not looking great.

Waddle had 10 targets, one more than Tyreek. Not sure if Tua missed or Waddle dropped, but he is a big part of the offense.
two of his targets weren't close to him and resulted in INT, So I wouldn't put to much on the targets today. The first INT which was the 102 yard return looked like Tua just threw it.

Bottom line, his numbers are not near they were last year, especially in Rec, Yards, and even Targets. Miami now has a run game, which they didn't have last year. For us Waddle owners who drafted him as a WR2 it's concerning.

Waddle had 10 targets, one more than Tyreek. Not sure if Tua missed or Waddle dropped, but he is a big part of the offense.
Looked for him several times in the endzone despite tight coverage, I thought that was encouraging.

Teams are really trying to not get beat deep by Miami (remember when people thought Tua couldn't throw it deep?) which limits a lot of what Waddle is best at.

Bought in dynasty. I just wanted a part of this offence and he has proven that he is a dangerous weapon at this level. Fully expecting down weeks but with the potential for massive games as well. 10 targets today. Substantially younger than Hill and I think he’s shown he could take over from him at some point in the future whenever Hill starts to decline.

Can understand the re-draft concerns though if drafted high

Why hasn't Waddle set the world on fire? Of course Hill is WR 1 A/B/C/D and will get a ton of looks, but Waddle has been super pedestrian:

• Hill: 814 yards, 6 TDs
  • Waddle: 296 yards, 2 TDs (Long of only 35 yards???)
Again I get there are a lot of mouths to feed on that O and the running game has been elite, but you'd think Waddle would be producing a lot higher.

What gives?

Why hasn't Waddle set the world on fire? Of course Hill is WR 1 A/B/C/D and will get a ton of looks, but Waddle has been super pedestrian:

• Hill: 814 yards, 6 TDs
  • Waddle: 296 yards, 2 TDs (Long of only 35 yards???)
Again I get there are a lot of mouths to feed on that O and the running game has been elite, but you'd think Waddle would be producing a lot higher.

What gives?

didnt he miss like 2 games? but yeah its been underwhelming. hes still starting for me

The only disappointment for me is that he didn't exactly pick up where he left off last year. He was dinged up with a chest injury to start the year, then missed week 4 with a concussion. Even if Tyreek finishes WR1 his production has to regress at some point (I think...).

10 and 9 targets the past two weeks along with a TD each of those games; no way he's leaving my lineup at this point.

Last edited:
Seems to be a lot of similarities between Waddle and Devonta. Not awful but kind of surprisingly slow starts and the alpha across from them is dominating.

Seems to be a lot of similarities between Waddle and Devonta. Not awful but kind of surprisingly slow starts and the alpha across from them is dominating.
big difference is give 10-12 of the QB rushing opportunities to the RB's instead in Miami. It's because they don't fear the running game for Miami for some reason lol

I think most folks drafted Waddle expecting what we saw last year, he and Hill exchanging blow up games. After six weeks, Hill has all the blow up games, and Waddle has none. Will that continue, or start to swing in Waddle’s favor? I unfortunately think it will continue, so I’m looking to deal Waddle based on name value.

I think most folks drafted Waddle expecting what we saw last year, he and Hill exchanging blow up games. After six weeks, Hill has all the blow up games, and Waddle has none. Will that continue, or start to swing in Waddle’s favor? I unfortunately think it will continue, so I’m looking to deal Waddle based on name value.
As teams scheme to take away Hill, expect more targets for Waddle. His preseason chest injury and the game 2 concussion slowed him. He's still playing well. The better defenses held Hill in check - NE and BUF. Waddle outperformed Hill in the NE game, 86 to 40 yards. Not the time to trade Waddle.

if he were completely healthy would prob be a different story, but he seems like one of those guys who is always dinged up.

if he were completely healthy would prob be a different story, but he seems like one of those guys who is always dinged up.
He missed 1 out of 34 games in years 1 and 2 in the NFL. He missed games in college and 1 of 7 games in 2023. The good news is he caught 6 of 6 targets last night and NE is coming up ... I think BB schemes to take away Tyreek. In game 2 vs NE, Waddle had 86 yards on 4 of 6, while Tyreek had only 40 yards on 5 of 9.

He missed 1 out of 34 games in years 1 and 2 in the NFL. He missed games in college and 1 of 7 games in 2023. The good news is he caught 6 of 6 targets last night and NE is coming up ... I think BB schemes to take away Tyreek. In game 2 vs NE, Waddle had 86 yards on 4 of 6, while Tyreek had only 40 yards on 5 of 9.
understood, seems like he's dinged up just enough to be able to play but it impact his performance a bit, taking him from a potential stud to a decent player. Now that could change in the future, but that's my impression so far.

It’s not great Bob
Caught 6/6 targets - had to leave the game for treatment on his back but as soon as he came back he got 3 more targets.

If people have given up on this guy I would go trade for him. He is also their red zone guy they draw plays up for.

Injury risk is an issue for every player, he got banged up but came back in and looked good.

14-18-12 last 3 weeks in my leagues
Targets...10-9 and then he got banged up a bit last night and saw that slip to 6.
Buy low, he won't have a field day vs New Eng next week and then KC and Bye week, but then Weeks 11+, 2nd Half the season will be much better IMHO
I think now is the time and you might have a down week or two coming, Chiefs are just plain tough on Defense right now

Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel said he expects Jaylen Waddle (back) to practice on Wednesday.

Waddle left a portion of the Dolphins Week 7 loss to the Eagles with a back injury but returned late in the third quarter. He would finish out the day, totaling 6/63 on six targets, playing in his typical WR2 role opposite Tyreek Hill. Any concerns over his injury seem minor, as it sounds like the team expects him to play in Week 8 against the Patriots.

Any idea why FBGs has this guy only receiving 1.23 points in .5 ppr this week?
Maybe it was a carry-over from when he was out last week for a short time with back issues. Monitor this situation and practice reports for this week. So far the reports are that he practices tomorrow.

Any idea why FBGs has this guy only receiving 1.23 points in .5 ppr this week?
Maybe it was a carry-over from when he was out last week for a short time with back issues. Monitor this situation and practice reports for this week. So far the reports are that he practices tomorrow.
Tremblay’s projections come out early and often are never updated thus messing up the averages when others rank him.

Happens every week with a few players.

@RapSheet

#Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill, whose status is up in the air for Sunday, did not practice because of a hip injury. RB Raheem Mostert did not practice because of an ankle injury.

Some good news for us Waddle owners.

A) He wasn't included in this tweet so Jaylen may be fully healthy?
B) If Hill is out, you can imagine how many more targets Waddle would get this weekend

@RapSheet

#Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill, whose status is up in the air for Sunday, did not practice because of a hip injury. RB Raheem Mostert did not practice because of an ankle injury.

Some good news for us Waddle owners.

A) He wasn't included in this tweet so Jaylen may be fully healthy?
B) If Hill is out, you can imagine how many more targets Waddle would get this weekend
But wouldn’t Bill just take away Waddle then of the options in the pass game? Pats D generally ok vs WR’s

No injury designation for either Hill or Waddle. The also didn't get in a FP this week.

PlayerPositionInjuryWedThuFriGame Status
River CracraftWRShoulderLPLPLPQuestionable
Jevon HollandFSConussionDNPLPLPQuestionable
Xavien HowardCBGroinLPLPLPQuestionable
Alec IngoldFBFootDNPLPLPQuestionable
Raheem MostertRBAnkleDNPLPLPQuestionable
Nik NeedhamDBAchillesLPLPLPQuestionable
Jalen RamseyCBKneeLPLPLPQuestionable
Cam SmithCBFooLPDNPLPQuestionable
Connor WilliamsOLGroinLPLPLPQuestionable
Braxton BerriosWRNot Injury Related - Personal(-)(-)DNP(-)
Tyreek HillWRHipDNPLPLP(-)
Kader KohouCBNeckLPLPLP(-)
Jaylen WaddleWRBackLPLPLP(-)
David LongLBKneeFPFPFP(-)

Berrios missed practice for personal reasons, Cracraft+Hill+Waddle all limited. WTH was Tua throwing to? lol

edit Chosen, Claypool and Cedrick Wilson if you're looking for the answer to my rhetorical....

I take very little Karl says seriously, on Sundays he likes to post in the game threads and it's mostly the players he has a vested interest in we'll say and it comes across as sour grapes at times vs honest NFL analysis which is not everyone's strong suit, most don't want to understand Xs and Os, spare me the labor and show me the baby.

I also don't detest Karl, he's a reflection of a lot of people who play fantasy football and he's just as entitled to his opinions as we ours. But I find much of it simply rooted in $$$, again not a bad thing as I gamble like a fiend at times on the spreads, but I take it with a grain of salt.

-He wants to get a real Waddle supporter up in arms, it's his ammo, let it go and just joke back with him is what i mostly do.
So let me know how you think Waddle is going to put up this huge season when he has done **** and we are entering week 5?

correct. he is a lesser Jarvis Landry stat compiler guy who doesn't score TDs. yawn.

correct. he is a lesser Jarvis Landry stat compiler guy who doesn't score TDs. yawn.
Not even close to the same type of player.

As teams scheme to take away Hill, expect more targets for Waddle. His preseason chest injury and the game 2 concussion slowed him. He's still playing well. The better defenses held Hill in check - NE and BUF. Waddle outperformed Hill in the NE game, 86 to 40 yards. Not the time to trade Waddle.
Waddle dropped a couple. But 7-122-1 is not unexpected when Waddle is healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread