What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jaylen Waddle, MIA (5 Viewers)

Dolphins WR Jaylen Waddle (midsection) returned to practice.
Waddle has been dealing with an injury that he suffered in training camp, but has now returned to the practice field. An early return to practice is a good sign for Waddle, who was expected to be ready around this time after his initial diagnosis, and he appears to be trending in the right direction ahead of Week 1’s matchup against the Chargers. If active, Waddle will have some high-end WR2 upside in what could be a high-scoring affair.

Jaylen Waddle caught 4-of-5 targets for 74 yards in the Dolphins’ Week 1 win against the Chargers.

Waddle saw five targets while Tyreek Hill went ballistic with 215 yards on 15 targets. Waddle vanished from the game after a 35-yard catch and run on Miami’s first drive of the game and was out-targeted by unheralded TE Durham Smythe. After running hot in 2022, Waddle might take a step back in a Dolphins offense predicated on getting Hill the ball in space. Fantasy managers shouldn’t panic though. Waddle should be in lineups next week against New England.

- Rotoworld

Any word on Waddle's health and if he's on a pitch count?
Coach McDaniel is often vague. I think he's referring to the rib/torso injury suffered 3 weeks ago in practice.

>>McDaniel said Waddle, who was in some discomfort during the game, isn’t dealing with anything that will keep him completely out of practice: “Positive interaction with Jaylen. The soreness is where we would hope. We wouldn’t want it to be debilitating and it wasn’t. We will manage it accordingly.”<<

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article278705099.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: One
Jaylen Waddle (concussion) did not practice Wednesday.
Waddle has a few days to make it through the league’s concussion protocol, but this isn’t great for his odds of suiting up in Week 3. Should he be forced to sit out on Sunday, Braxton Berrios and River Cracraft would both see an uptick in routes. The absence of Waddle would also boost Tyreek Hill’s already absurd target share.

Jaylen Waddle (concussion) returned to practice Friday.

It will likely go down as a limited session for the speedy receiver. His return to practice gives him a shot at suiting up on Sunday. Waddle remains in the league’s concussion protocol but is making progress. It’s possible he will be cleared on Saturday or even Sunday morning and is able to play. The Dolphins play in the early window of games, so fantasy managers will know if they need to swap him out of their lineups before any of the games start.

Jaylen Waddle (concussion) returned to practice Friday.

It will likely go down as a limited session for the speedy receiver. His return to practice gives him a shot at suiting up on Sunday. Waddle remains in the league’s concussion protocol but is making progress. It’s possible he will be cleared on Saturday or even Sunday morning and is able to play. The Dolphins play in the early window of games, so fantasy managers will know if they need to swap him out of their lineups before any of the games start.
yeah!!

How will he play? I thought, the five step concussion protocol says he needs to be cleared and practice in full contact. They don't practice tomorrow. Seems like he's stuck at step 4 and will be marked out tomorrow?

How will he play? I thought, the five step concussion protocol says he needs to be cleared and practice in full contact. They don't practice tomorrow. Seems like he's stuck at step 4 and will be marked out tomorrow?

Step 4 Club-based non-contact training drills

"Players reaching the fourth stage are able to start throwing, catching and running and engage in activities more specific to their position. They also can continue to ramp up their exercise and training. By end of this phase, players have to have undergone neurocognitive and balance testing."

Step 5 is Full football activity/clearance

"The player has to be cleared by both the club physician and the independent neurological consultant to return to full activity."

Cedric Wilson most likely takes Waddle‘s spot.

Not Berrios, Cracraft, or Ezukanma?

I agree Wilson won't be inactive for the first time this year if jaylen sits.

You are correct - should have said Wilson most likely gets activated if Waddle sits.

Who gets Waddle’s targets between Cracraft, Berrios and Wilson is anyone’s guess.

I imagine the way Tyreek is soaking up targets it won't matter

I do like the way Smythe is soaking up all the TE snaps but the offense is so concentrated rn he may never be fantasy relevant.

STILL a chance Waddle plays but looking a little like the quote from Dumb & Dumber atm.

Friday tweets:

Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel said WR Jaylen Waddle will practice today though he’s still in the concussion protocol.

McDaniel said he will wait until Waddle clears concussion protocol to determine if he could play Sunday vs. Broncos.

Jaylen Waddle

-A good example here of how the concussion protocol works.

Friday/Saturday are the important days to clear.
If players can get a LP in on Friday and then get cleared by neurologist+team physician Saturday, they can play in the game.

Anthony Richardson DNP today.

I have a feeling he clears but McDaniel sits him out to look like he cares knowing they smash Denver with @ Buffalo next week.

...throw a dart at Berrios? 5/60/1 realistic, or dreaming?
Cracraft can play all WR positions. And has similar stats as Berrios, plus a TD. Chosen will also run some deep patterns. Easy E is also in the mix. Impossible to predict, but Cracraft if you insist.

...throw a dart at Berrios? 5/60/1 realistic, or dreaming?
Cracraft can play all WR positions. And has similar stats as Berrios, plus a TD. Chosen will also run some deep patterns. Easy E is also in the mix. Impossible to predict, but Cracraft if you insist.
None of the WRs are the deep threat Waddle was.
Cracraft can play all the spots but not the best.
Chosen is probably best deep but his best days are behind him. Wilson is passe too.

Omar (Dolphins writer) worded it something like each do a role well so they probably just have them play their roles.
Ezukanma has been a preseason darling before that has some serious play making ability that can't get onto the field. They have been running him lately.

I'm thinking everyone's getting meh stats like one two catches but Ezukanma will have the best opportunity

Jaylen Waddle is no longer in concussion protocol and is on track to play in Week 4 vs. the Bills.
Waddle practiced in full on Wednesday, suggesting he was nearing the end of his time in concussion protocol. The Dolphins No. 2 receiver was sidelined for the team’s 70-20 win over the Broncos last week, but should be ready to go for a divisional showdown against the Bills in what marks one of the bigger games on the young season. Waddle will have high end WR2 upside in a game that projects to be a shootout between two of the league’s best offenses.

Disappointing so far. Not sure what to do with him right now, as I have Pickens as an option. He's outscored Waddle in ppg, but everyone has Waddle ranked higher this week.

Disappointing so far. Not sure what to do with him right now, as I have Pickens as an option. He's outscored Waddle in ppg, but everyone has Waddle ranked higher this week.
He has had two okay games then missed one to injury. U play him in a matchup with Bills. Should be high scoring.

Waddle: WR31, WR43, DNP - WR40
Pickens: WR49, WR11, WR38 - WR30

Texans have had trouble stopping RBs. I know it's hard to predict game flow but I like Waddle's matchup slightly more because I think it will be back and forth. 53.5 O/U v 42.0.

Probably due for some positive TD regression at some point, Tyreek can't catch all of them.

I'm starting him as my WR3 but with Chase, Olave and Addison in th Flex so not really a critical decision (don't worry my RBs suck lol.)

Very disappointing fantasy season to be honest. Targets are just not there and this offense is up and down depending on home and road it appears

What's the scoop on him? Is it just too many mouths to feed in that offense right now?

I watched him in week 1/2 and he looked solid, but wasn't getting the volume. I just traded for him (gave up J. Dotson and D. Waller - felt like a steal because Waller was my #2 TE, and Dotson was my #3 WR). I was hoping the owner was low on him, but honestly didn't expect him to take my first offer.

Played 3 out of 4 games, battling concussion protocol, if you saw the hit he absorbed, was pretty rough

He's still on pace for 64-1,000 and that's if he only plays 12 games!
He is completely out of synch at the moment
Huge opp to acquire if you think Miami is gonna have a field day at home vs New York and Carolina the next 2 weeks

TDs will start to appear for him, remember he is not the WR1 on his own team, not even close. He will never get the number of targets he got his rookie year with Hill as the WR1
Problem is many drafted Waddle in the 2nd Rd

What's the scoop on him? Is it just too many mouths to feed in that offense right now?

I watched him in week 1/2 and he looked solid, but wasn't getting the volume. I just traded for him (gave up J. Dotson and D. Waller - felt like a steal because Waller was my #2 TE, and Dotson was my #3 WR). I was hoping the owner was low on him, but honestly didn't expect him to take my first offer.
I said it before with the Dolphins having a young back now, they will want to run more.. Waddle will be this years FF bust...

800-1000 yards and 4-6 TD

I said it before with the Dolphins having a young back now, they will want to run more.. Waddle will be this years FF bust...

It's a little early to be running victory laps after an injury plagued first 4 games. I'm still not sure if he's at 100%, but I would be shocked if Waddle doesn't wind up beating your yardage and TD prediction. I am looking to acquire as I own 0 shares. His value got a little out of hand pre-draft, but I'm hoping his owners get a cold feet.

It's a little early to be running victory laps after an injury plagued first 4 games. I'm still not sure if he's at 100%, but I would be shocked if Waddle doesn't wind up beating your yardage and TD prediction. I am looking to acquire as I own 0 shares. His value got a little out of hand pre-draft, but I'm hoping his owners get a cold feet.
I take very little Karl says seriously, on Sundays he likes to post in the game threads and it's mostly the players he has a vested interest in we'll say and it comes across as sour grapes at times vs honest NFL analysis which is not everyone's strong suit, most don't want to understand Xs and Os, spare me the labor and show me the baby.

I also don't detest Karl, he's a reflection of a lot of people who play fantasy football and he's just as entitled to his opinions as we ours. But I find much of it simply rooted in $$$, again not a bad thing as I gamble like a fiend at times on the spreads, but I take it with a grain of salt.

-He wants to get a real Waddle supporter up in arms, it's his ammo, let it go and just joke back with him is what i mostly do.

Users who are viewing this thread