What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (5 Viewers)

"according to sources with knowledge of the situation.".... i.e. We're making #### up and have absolutely nothing to back it up.
Sounds about right though. I can see Cleveland asking for that much because of Gordon's talents. And I can see no other team willing to give it because of his brain.

They're gonna move him, just a matter of the market meeting their price.  They need to come down off a second too, but they just sent a former 1st rounder for a hill of beans.

My wandering mind is obviously ready for the season to begin . . .

A question for you rules guys and gals:  Is there anything which would prevent Josh Gordon and Tom Brady from spending the first four weeks of the season working out together?  Seems like a match made in heaven.  Brady needs someone to throw the ball to; Gordon needs the work running routes and catching balls.  I realize they play for opposing teams, and they face off Week 5 when both players return, but it's not like anything is being revealed to the other side by them working out together during their mandated absence.

It will of course never happen, but my mind is numb from crunching stats, and this thought intrigued me.

They're gonna move him, just a matter of the market meeting their price.  They need to come down off a second too, but they just sent a former 1st rounder for a hill of beans.
Mingo wasn't a starter, has proven he isn't a good pass rusher and is in the last year of his contract. 7 sacks in 46 games is terrible for a guy that is expected to sack quarterbacks frequently.
All draft picks are valuable. Good/great players every year are drafted in the 5th round - Cam Chancellor, Robert Mathis, Josh Norman, Zach Thomas, Shane Lechler, Trent Cole, Michael Turner, Richard Sherman, Larry Centers, Telvin Smith, Brandon Marshall, Dion Lewis and more and more. Even Hall of Fame players.
Anyway, what's wrong with beans?

My wandering mind is obviously ready for the season to begin . . .

A question for you rules guys and gals:  Is there anything which would prevent Josh Gordon and Tom Brady from spending the first four weeks of the season working out together?  Seems like a match made in heaven.  Brady needs someone to throw the ball to; Gordon needs the work running routes and catching balls.  I realize they play for opposing teams, and they face off Week 5 when both players return, but it's not like anything is being revealed to the other side by them working out together during their mandated absence.

It will of course never happen, but my mind is numb from crunching stats, and this thought intrigued me.
Brady can have no contact with his team. Gordon can be on site with his team, just not practice. He can be there, go to meetings, etc.

Really, really looking forward to see how the coleman/gordon duo looks out there. 
Should be fun to watch.  I love the trio of Gordon/Coleman/Pryor, plus they have Hawkins returning tonight, if I am not mistaken.  This receiving corps has me pushing RG3 up my draft board.  They are a big play waiting to happen.

Mingo wasn't a starter, has proven he isn't a good pass rusher and is in the last year of his contract. 7 sacks in 46 games is terrible for a guy that is expected to sack quarterbacks frequently.
All draft picks are valuable. Good/great players every year are drafted in the 5th round - Cam Chancellor, Robert Mathis, Josh Norman, Zach Thomas, Shane Lechler, Trent Cole, Michael Turner, Richard Sherman, Larry Centers, Telvin Smith, Brandon Marshall, Dion Lewis and more and more. Even Hall of Fame players.
Anyway, what's wrong with beans?
Nothing, just pointing out that they're willing to write off a loss.  Gordon still has more cache than mingo, which is probably why they want more.  But I'm sure they have to be fed up with him too.

I can see Gordon maybe being moved at the trade deadline (for the right price) if (1) Gordon bounces back by playing well and staying clean; (2) Coleman does indeed show considerable promise on the field, making Gordon expendable; and (3) the team is (presumably) out of the playoff picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
With 350+ pages, I'm sure I'm hardly the 1st to say this, but Josh Gordon's case really bothers me. 

I've seen/read a lot of criticism of Gordon for being a knuckle head and repeat offender, etc.  And while there's some truth to that, and he did make a mistake in getting popped more than once, the hypocrisy of the NFL's drug policy is ridiculous.

NFL players have been pumped so full of narcotics by their own teams for decades, and if a player sees a doctor for pain it's considered perfectly ok for them to get a prescription for oxy, vicoden or a dozen other opiates or muscle relaxers or any other pill from the pharmacopoeia. But god forbid, if they decide to self-medicate with a little naturally growing herb, and that's suspension-worthy? Season-long or more? Just doesn't jive with me. 

NFL needs to get out of the stone age with their position on marijuana. 

I trusted the Gordon love last yearish...of course he sucked.....passed this year. I might be wrong but last year seemed to be his last hope and he put up a bagel. Let's hope this years bagel does not have poppy seeds...  

With 350+ pages, I'm sure I'm hardly the 1st to say this, but Josh Gordon's case really bothers me. 

I've seen/read a lot of criticism of Gordon for being a knuckle head and repeat offender, etc.  And while there's some truth to that, and he did make a mistake in getting popped more than once, the hypocrisy of the NFL's drug policy is ridiculous.

NFL players have been pumped so full of narcotics by their own teams for decades, and if a player sees a doctor for pain it's considered perfectly ok for them to get a prescription for oxy, vicoden or a dozen other opiates or muscle relaxers or any other pill from the pharmacopoeia. But god forbid, if they decide to self-medicate with a little naturally growing herb, and that's suspension-worthy? Season-long or more? Just doesn't jive with me. 

NFL needs to get out of the stone age with their position on marijuana. 
Didn't he get the year suspension for having a beer? Thought I had read that somewhere?

If it was Tony Romo or Eli Manning (white dudes on teams where the NFL seems to favor owners) I wonder if we'd see the same penalties for such minor incidents. 

not sayin, just sayin. 
First off, it was like his 7th strike. Secondly, the NFL doesn't reveal what the infraction was.  If the one-beer story is what is out there,  it came from Gordon's camp. So take it with a grain of salt. 

First off, it was like his 7th strike. Secondly, the NFL doesn't reveal what the infraction was.  If the one-beer story is what is out there,  it came from Gordon's camp. So take it with a grain of salt. 
Still seemed stiff given the nature of the infractions. 

Just wanna let you know, I was actually just trying to be a bit helpful. Seen that posted several times recently, usually in this forum, and thought I'd throw it out there as a PSA. Then I  just decided to have fun with it. I can see why it came of jerkish though. So my bad there.
No worries my friend - I laughed at the airplane reference. 

Sh!t like that bugs me too - folks who say "so therefore" (redundant) or "for all intensive purposes" (instead of "for all intents & purposes"....or people who say "learnings" instead of "lessons learned" or "I could care less" (when its couldn't) or a dozen others.

And don't get me started on corporate speak like "at the end of the day", or people who wanted to "interface" with me or "circle back" or "ping" me. 

I don't miss corporate life. 

Jibe/jive - that was just a fat-finger, but I can see how it would inspire a response.

its all good.  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries my friend - I laughed at the airplane reference. 

Sh!t like that bugs me too - folks who say "so therefore" (redundant) or "for all intensive purposes" (instead of "for all intents & purposes"....or people who say "learnings" instead of "lessons learned" or "I could care less" (when its couldn't) or a dozen others.

And don't get me started on corporate speak like "at the end of the day", or people who wanted to "interface" with me or "circle back" or "ping" me. 

I don't miss corporate life. 

Jibe/jive - that was just a fat-finger, but I can see how it would inspire a response.

its all good.  :thumbup:
I got a work email recently from someone who said they were "in the mists" of being really busy.

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread