What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (2 Viewers)

I'm 0-2 and my whole team is a MASH unit (lost AP, D Martin, Moncrief + Rawls is banged up/ineffective and now Gates is very questionable) so take this with a grain of salt. But another owner offered me Jeremy Hill and Julius Thomas for Gordon and Martin. Standard scoring/redraft league. I strongly considered it...and think it's a fair deal...but I just can't pull the trigger. Too much regret if Gordon goes off as we all know he's capable.
Thomas is nursing an ankle injury and saw his production tank last week due to terrible OL play and possibly his injury slowing him. 

The only healthy players in this offer seems to be Hill & Gordon, and Gordon will play in week 5.  So you'd be dealing Hill for Gordon and basically giving away your 3rd round RB? 

Yeah, I wouldn't accept that deal unless the person offering it had a hot sister and she was included. 

two things:  Who the eff would draft this guy knowing he's out for the first four weeks, then wait until he's ready to play only to drop him before he steps on the field?  Also, I get agita every time I see this thread bumped to the front page.  That's all. 

I'm really excited to have him as my WR3.

I'm curious to see how this offense clicks. Seriously, if they had decent QB play they could be a surprise offense. With Gordon/Coleman/Pryor, they have a ton of athleticism at the position. Crowell looks pretty good and Duke Johnson is a good pass catcher. I think Gordon will get the ball regardless of the QB, but the one I would be most optimistic about would be McCown. If he can come back in a few weeks, Gordon could be a top WR again.

How many are actually starting him week 5?

I will be.  Aside from Alshon Jeffery I am stuck with Cobb, Tyrell Williams, Lockett and Michael Thomas.  Gordon has more upside and if NE routes the Browns he should get a lot of catches as they play catch up. 

I will be.  Aside from Alshon Jeffery I am stuck with Cobb, Tyrell Williams, Lockett and Michael Thomas.  Gordon has more upside and if NE routes the Browns he should get a lot of catches as they play catch up. 
Unfortunately we won't know how rusty he is. I grabbed him before after his suspension in hopes of a playoff run and he didn't seem to get into a rhythm for a few weeks. I'm thinking that might be the same situation to start this year. It may take him a couple of weeks to get going. And that may actually coincide with McCown's return. If Gordon starts off slow, he may be a good buy low candidate. If someone sat on him for 4 weeks, Gordon starts slow, we're now in week 7 or 8, some teams may be feeling the pressure to make a move to try to salvage their season.

Unfortunately we won't know how rusty he is. I grabbed him before after his suspension in hopes of a playoff run and he didn't seem to get into a rhythm for a few weeks. I'm thinking that might be the same situation to start this year. It may take him a couple of weeks to get going. And that may actually coincide with McCown's return. If Gordon starts off slow, he may be a good buy low candidate. If someone sat on him for 4 weeks, Gordon starts slow, we're now in week 7 or 8, some teams may be feeling the pressure to make a move to try to salvage their season.
Granted it was preseason, but the fact that he made a splash right off the bat means that there may not be too much rust. The question is how good of a chemistry he can develop with Kessler in short order.

I had him two years ago as well.  He went 8 for 120 in his first game back.  I would take that in his first game back this year.  Unlike two years ago, he was also able to play in preseason and has been able to be around the team.  

I will, but it's an easy decision due to WRs on a bye. New England might not be the easiest matchup, but it will be Brady's first game back too and you have to figure the Browns will be playing catch-up and slinging it the whole game (or trying to).

I realize the Phins are a bad single game sample but after seeing what Hue did with Kessler and Pryor on Sunday I'm feeling very positive.

Last edited by a moderator:
This offense might be clicking all of a sudden middle of the year. Coleman, Pryor, Gordon, Barnidge, Crowell, Duke & Hue. Could work.

I had him two years ago as well.  He went 8 for 120 in his first game back.  I would take that in his first game back this year.  Unlike two years ago, he was also able to play in preseason and has been able to be around the team.  
You're right, he did start off good.

16 targets, 8 rec, 120 yards in week 12 

13 targets, 7 rec, 75 yards in week 13

But he finished the season:

• 2 for 15
  • 3 for 48
  • 3 for 45
That is what I was remembering I guess.

Two straight weeks we have seen big games by Coleman and now Pryor. Once with McCown, once with Kessler. There is going to be good value here.

This has to be another failed test... right?

Why else wait until 1 week before your suspension is up instead of going into rehab weeks 1 - 4?

Why else wait until 1 week before your suspension is up instead of going into rehab weeks 1 - 4?
Certainly doesn't make sense why he would go inpatient now. It's a 28 day rehab typically. Dareus went to outpatient after his suspension. That is the time to go. Perhaps he failed a test. I don't know what else makes sense

Has to be... seems out of nowhere.

Anyways, dropping him for some other bum on the waiver wire

I would assume.  He waited this long went through camp and practice and one week before active he decides to enter rehab.  

The other shoe that drops will be the NFL making a suspension statement on failed test. 

After he toasted the Bucs in preseason I loaded up on Gordon shares.  Dropping him immediately in redraft.

So why do people still own Gordon or value him? He is a cursed commodity, return on the investment is nonexistent.
Because the cost to acquire him keeps getting lower and lower. So taking up your last roster spot is not really going to hurt your team all that much. 

Users who are viewing this thread