What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (2 Viewers)

Chaka said:
Yeah, cursed to be a weekly WR#2 after a three year layoff and with, perhaps, the worst QB in the NFL.

So cursed.  Frankly I think @Soulfly3 is much closer to being right than wrong so far.

Nabbing a WR#2 off the waiver wire in week 10 is not exactly a common thing in my league.  YMMV.
Cole, Byrd, Westbrook, Wright, maybe Matthews.  

Nix that, some of those guys are performing as WR1s.

Regarding Soulfull, on a ppg basis Gordon is closer to WR80 numbers than he is to the type of number he predicted.

Have enjoyed the debate Chaka.  Wishing you and your family a Christmas with tremendous upside and a New Year full of clean pee.

Cole, Byrd, Westbrook, Wright, maybe Matthews.  

Nix that, some of those guys are performing as WR1s.

Regarding Soulfull, on a ppg basis Gordon is closer to WR80 numbers than he is to the type of number he predicted.

Have enjoyed the debate Chaka.  Wishing you and your family a Christmas with tremendous upside and a New Year full of clean pee.
Thanks for the good wishes, right back at you.

There is a large gap between WR#21 (my league) and WR#80.

Bazinga! said:
Chaka and Meno,

We clearly don't completely agree on Gordon this year, but I do respect both of you as 2 of the more thoughtful/intelligent posters in the pool.

I am curious about your dynasty view of Gordon.  Using 2018 draft picks as currency, what is the most you would pay for Gordon?

I honestly struggle with this.  I understand the upside and the risk involved and I assume the QB position will solve itself to some extent this offseason.  For me I think it would be 1.6 to 1.7.   I know I would trade 1.8 quick and 1.5 seems like too much to me.

Would love your take.

ETA: I would like to hear everyones view on this.  I just directed it at Meno and Chaka because of the recent discussion.
That's insane.

Chaka said:
Yeah, cursed to be a weekly WR#2 after a three year layoff and with, perhaps, the worst QB in the NFL.

So cursed.  Frankly I think @Soulfly3 is much closer to being right than wrong so far.

Nabbing a WR#2 off the waiver wire in week 10 is not exactly a common thing in my league.  YMMV.
:lmao:  You can't be serious about this. Even if Gordon goes for 300 yards each of the next two games and sets the league on fire, SoulCurse is already wrong. He dies on that hill years ago. That hill has been bulldozed, dug up, and turned in to a swimming pool. Sure, Soul may be at the bottom of that pool, but he's as dead as he was dead wrong about Gordon's last comeback and his attempts to come back after. Gordon has admitted he was lying to people. Those lies were what Soul was using as fuel for his years of boasting in here. He has no further claims to an "I told you so" about Gordon. #NeverForget 

Thanks for the good wishes, right back at you.

There is a large gap between WR#21 (my league) and WR#80.
 Weird year. About a 7.5 gap between a mentor of the road wide receiver one and a O wide receiver two like Gordon. Same gap between Grafton and wide receivers In the 80s

:lmao:  You can't be serious about this. Even if Gordon goes for 300 yards each of the next two games and sets the league on fire, SoulCurse is already wrong. He dies on that hill years ago. That hill has been bulldozed, dug up, and turned in to a swimming pool. Sure, Soul may be at the bottom of that pool, but he's as dead as he was dead wrong about Gordon's last comeback and his attempts to come back after. Gordon has admitted he was lying to people. Those lies were what Soul was using as fuel for his years of boasting in here. He has no further claims to an "I told you so" about Gordon. #NeverForget 
You're trying too hard.

No one cares about last year or even week 12 this year. Bottom line is Gordon is back and he is performing at an impressive level.

I agree with @BassNBrew that it can be viewed as disappointing that Gordon isn't living up to @Soulfly3 level #1 SUPER MAX levels, but what he has done consistently over the last three weeks is beyond impressive. I don't know how any WRs could come back from such a long layoff with Kizer throwing the ball and do the same, let alone more, than what Gordon has done.

His redraft value is legit and his dynasty value is through the roof. Even @Bazinga!, a notable Soulfly, shall we say oppositionist? is talking about Gordon as having mid-late first round dynasty value.

No, @Soulfly3 was wrong about timelines (and I understand why some found his shtick grating) but he was absolutely right about what would happen when Gordon got back on the field.

Someone go check Antonio Brown's numbers with Landry Jones at QB. Are they better or worse than what Gordon has done the last three weeks?

ETA: @Bazinga! Sorry, I started a response to your question from this morning and the day got away from me. I'll finish that post tomorrow. The short answer is I wouldn't fault anyone for going as high as 1.3 for Gordon.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're trying too hard.

No one cares about last year or even week 12 this year. Bottom line is Gordon is back and he is performing at an impressive level.

I agree with @BassNBrew that it can be viewed as disappointing that Gordon isn't living up to @Soulfly3 level #1 SUPER MAX levels, but what he has done consistently over the last three weeks is beyond impressive. I don't know how any WRs could come back from such a long layoff with Kizer throwing the ball and do the same, let alone more, than what Gordon has done.

His redraft value is legit and his dynasty value is through the roof. Even @Bazinga!, a notable Soulfly, shall we say oppositionist? is talking about Gordon as having mid-late first round dynasty value.

No, @Soulfly3 was wrong about timelines (and I understand why some found his shtick grating) but he was absolutely right about what would happen when Gordon got back on the field.

Someone go check Antonio Brown's numbers with Landry Jones at QB. Are they better or worse than what Gordon has done the last three weeks?

ETA: @Bazinga! Sorry, I started a response to your question from this morning and the day got away from me. I'll finish that post tomorrow. The short answer is I wouldn't fault anyone for going as high as 1.3 for Gordon.
Nobody cares that he did nothing but get high for 3 years? Brilliant.

You're trying too hard.

You lost the plot bro

I have no idea what you mean by "intentional freelancing". He thought Kizer would make the same read he did and that didn't happen. WRs and QBs are supposed to read defenses and make adjustments, Gordon misread the appropriate adjustment for the coverage and acknowledged his mistake.  He didn't just decide to run deep because he can.
He said, "I was supposed to sit down in the hole in the zone, but I went for a big chunk".  (Though that's in quotes, I might not have the exact wording.)  Kizer threw to the spot where he was supposed to be.  Am I not understanding what he said?

Two to four inches of snow expected in Chicago today, fellas. Not sure this bodes well.  
Dosn't this type of weather typically favor big bodied, physically dominant WRs?

I expect a lot more short passes, which means Kizer may actually HIT gordon for a change. Will be interesting.

Oh good we are back to ridiculous shtick.   

What's the weather?  It a Category 5 hurricane.

"Awesome. That should be great for Gordon.  All the other players will be knocked down by the wind while Flash will run as fast as the wind so he won't fall down...I predict 500yds and 8 touchdowns!....on the first drive"
Yeah, I was kidding. I'm the one who took out the weather thread.  

Well, I didn't draft and hold him all year to sit him on Championship week. 

Also, looks like Chicago is 5th worse against WRs last 5 weeks, so snow be damned!!!! (and Kizer...)

Going Thielen (darn), Hill at WR

Woods and Riddick at flex

Gordon and Demaryius on my bench. I want to start Gordon but I can't bench Hill and I think Woods and Riddick are set up for good matchups.

We tried to tell you....

Soulfully couldn't stay away.

I faced Gurley in a league with yardage bonuses. He scored 69+. I had none chance regardless of who I started today. 

I will happily draft Gordon late next year if the Browns get a QB. 

I’m kinda glad he didn’t do squat today - will keep his 2018 draft day stock deflated. Anywhere past the 7th round I’m in.  :pickle:

Users who are viewing this thread