What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marvin Harrison Jr., ARZ (12 Viewers)

Panthers don't have a pick.
Ok, the Bears then
Premium city, likely new high level rookie QB, strong receiving room, much capital to strengthen in this draft.

Sounds pretty good to me. Deluded of him to expect much better at the top of a draft.
Bears need to start losing more if they want both Caleb & MHjr. Right now they have the 1 and the 5 pick.
Week 16 might be the Harrison Bowl.

Agree, there were some big injuries yesterday. Plus OSU was so weak at QB Marvin would not had made a difference.
Totally agree with him not playing, but disagree whether the best player in college wouldn’t have made a difference. It doesn’t matter though, he’s still a top 3 pick.

Agree, there were some big injuries yesterday. Plus OSU was so weak at QB Marvin would not had made a difference.
Totally agree with him not playing, but disagree whether the best player in college wouldn’t have made a difference. It doesn’t matter though, he’s still a top 3 pick.

If the QB can`t get him the ball it does make a difference. See DeVonte Adams.

The WRs OSU had out there were good enough but rendered useless. Now if Mccord played that is a different story. But watching that game there was no reason to play as he will be a high first rd pick.

Agreed, whether he decides to stay (long shot) or leave he should have sat.
If staying, which he probably isn’t, why sit?
There are always reasons to sit out a meaningless game. But yeah, he’s leaving.
Meaningless? is the only thing that is important is the CFP? Like I said, if he were staying, which he isn’t, why not play for your teammates? Wouldn’t next year have meaningless games they could win without Harrison? Where do you draw the line? The point is, if leaving, then sit. If staying, then play.

There are always reasons to sit out a meaningless game. But yeah, he’s leaving.
Meaningless? is the only thing that is important is the CFP? Like I said, if he were staying, which he isn’t, why not play for your teammates? Wouldn’t next year have meaningless games they could win without Harrison? Where do you draw the line? The point is, if leaving, then sit. If staying, then play.

Also, I would think part of getting NIL $ is actually playing outside of the situation where he knows he is turning pro.

Money most likely. Whether it is NFL or NIL why risk injury on a meaningless game?
If he stays, then why play in any games next season that are cupcake wins? That was the argument. Previous poster making the comment it makes sense to sit whether staying or leaving and I disagree and stated why. If you’re playing at OSU next year, then why not play in the bowl game? If not, then sit.

Money most likely. Whether it is NFL or NIL why risk injury on a meaningless game?

The question I have is why would he get NIL $ not to play? Isn't that the whole point of NIL $?

If he stays, then why play in any games next season that are cupcake wins? That was the argument. Previous poster making the comment it makes sense to sit whether staying or leaving and I disagree and stated why. If you’re playing at OSU next year, then why not play in the bowl game? If not, then sit.
I never said sitting would be the “right” move. You said there was no reason. Of course there are reasons, whether you find them persuasive or not. If he got injured would he get next year’s NIL money?
> 90% chance he’s leaving, but don’t act like there would be NO reason for him to sit out a meaningless bowl game. And yes, for OSU and a few other teams, any bowl game short of the CFP is meaningless.
There’s talk of multiple bulldogs and seminoles skipping their game.
Yet another reason the enlarged playoffs will be better, hopefully.

I never said sitting would be the “right” move. You said there was no reason. Of course there are reasons, whether you find them persuasive or not. If he got injured would he get next year’s NIL money?
> 90% chance he’s leaving, but don’t act like there would be NO reason for him to sit out a meaningless bowl game. And yes, for OSU and a few other teams, any bowl game short of the CFP is meaningless.
There’s talk of multiple bulldogs and seminoles skipping their game.
Yet another reason the enlarged playoffs will be better, hopefully.
I was commenting on a previous statement (not you) “Agreed, whether he decides to stay (long shot) or leave he should have sat”. I disagree to sit if you’re staying.

I honestly do not know the rules of NIL, however there were rumors that he was being offered upwards of $25 mil to stay. If that was the offer for next year I think it makes perfect sense to sit out a meaningless game.

I honestly do not know the rules of NIL, however there were rumors that he was being offered upwards of $25 mil to stay. If that was the offer for next year I think it makes perfect sense to sit out a meaningless game.
They have NIL to protect players financially so they can play. If they want him to stay, finalize the NIL now, or take out an insurance policy. If getting hurt in the bowl game threatens the NIL for 2024, then sit, or take out an insurance policy.

there were rumors that he was being offered upwards of $25 mil to stay
Don't mean this as a personal attack but one thing NIL has done is provide us with a ton of bogus rumors that IMO are have no merit and are not being reported or spread by anyone with any credibility.

Someone giving him $25M and Caleb Williams staying in school over NIL money are two such examples. This is all bogus talk.

there were rumors that he was being offered upwards of $25 mil to stay
Don't mean this as a personal attack but one thing NIL has done is provide us with a ton of bogus rumors that IMO are have no merit and are not being reported or spread by anyone with any credibility.

Someone giving him $25M and Caleb Williams staying in school over NIL money are two such examples. This is all bogus talk.
That is fair, just using what I heard. Again, I am not an expert on NIL so I will sit the rest of this one out.

These hype-machine, clickbait players have me gun shy about investing serious fantasy draft capital into. Didn’t Bijan go mid-first round in drafts this year? Really curious what the hype would be of his name was Marvin Smith/Jones/Olson/etc. Jr. I will let someone else take him. I will have either the 1st or 2nd overall rookie pick next year in a keeper/dynasty(ish) league. I will flip that for an established, top-10 WR without any issue.

These hype-machine, clickbait players have me gun shy about investing serious fantasy draft capital into. Didn’t Bijan go mid-first round in drafts this year? Really curious what the hype would be of his name was Marvin Smith/Jones/Olson/etc. Jr. I will let someone else take him. I will have either the 1st or 2nd overall rookie pick next year in a keeper/dynasty(ish) league. I will flip that for an established, top-10 WR without any issue.
I suppose you’ve never seen him play, because if you did, you wouldn’t be saying that bs.

Last edited:
I suppose you’ve never seen him play, because if you did,you wouldn’t be saying that bs.
I have seen him play no less than 10 games, including once live. He is a great wide receiver, not is not my point. My point is that he will be the next (insert HoF receiver) before the draft rolls around. People will have him ranked a top 12 fantasy receiver with Kyler throwing him the ball. The overhyped part has nothing to do with him personally, but more so with the established players who are currently better than him that will be drafted (fantasy) after him next year.

Malik Nabers is as good, if not better than, MHJ, but you rarely hear anything about him. The is similar to the Bijan/Gibbs dichotomy heading into this year. Gibbs was as good, if not better than Bijan, yet Bijan was going numerous rounds ahead of Gibbs in drafts.

I suppose you’ve never seen him play, because if you did,you wouldn’t be saying that bs.

Malik Nabers is as good, if not better than, MHJ,

I'm a literal nut-hair from having Nabers ranked above MHJ, and have for some time. Landing spot will decide all.

I'm a literal nut-hair from having Nabers ranked above MHJ, and have for some time. Landing spot will decide all.
Agree, but I have to admit that I like SEC receivers a lot more than Big 10 receivers, so that may be clouding my judgement. All things equal, I am taking MHJ. However, in reality I will trade back in my rookie draft and take Nabers + another draft pick/player.

I have seen him play no less than 10 games, including once live. He is a great wide receiver, not is not my point. My point is that he will be the next (insert HoF receiver) before the draft rolls around. People will have him ranked a top 12 fantasy receiver with Kyler throwing him the ball. The overhyped part has nothing to do with him personally, but more so with the established players who are currently better than him that will be drafted (fantasy) after him next year.

Malik Nabers is as good, if not better than, MHJ, but you rarely hear anything about him. The is similar to the Bijan/Gibbs dichotomy heading into this year. Gibbs was as good, if not better than Bijan, yet Bijan was going numerous rounds ahead of Gibbs in drafts.
All of that is no reason not to draft MHjr, per your statement, "I will let someone else take him". And certainly no reason to say, "Really curious what the hype would be if his name was Marvin Smith", which is the BS part of your statement. As for trading back to take Nabers+, if it's a start QB1 league you won't be able to trade back past 1.02 and still get Nabers+.

All of that is no reason not to draft MHjr, per your statement, "I will let someone else take him". And certainly no reason to say, "Really curious what the hype would be if his name was Marvin Smith", which is the BS part of your statement. As for trading back to take Nabers+, if it's a start QB1 league you won't be able to trade back past 1.02 and still get Nabers+.
You do not think name recognition has anything to do with the hype? Bronny James, Charlie Woods, etc. I disagree whole-heartedly and do not think that is BS. For every 50 headlines about Harrison there is 1 for Nabers, and they are extremely close in talent. I am going to look to use that hype to my advantage, which was the entire point of my post, which I probably did not convey very well.

Agree, but I have to admit that I like SEC receivers a lot more than Big 10 receivers, so that may be clouding my judgement. All things equal, I am taking MHJ. However, in reality I will trade back in my rookie draft and take Nabers + another draft pick/player.

If I secure the #1 pick after this week for next szn, Im trading back to 2 for whatever he's willing to give me, tho Ill aim high. Just need a top 2 pick. Top 3 is fine, Ill settle for Bowers probably (1.5ppr te), but I need top 2

You do not think name recognition has anything to do with the hype? Bronny James, Charlie Woods, etc. I disagree whole-heartedly and do not think that is BS. For every 50 headlines about Harrison there is 1 for Nabers, and they are extremely close in talent. I am going to look to use that hype to my advantage, which was the entire point of my post, which I probably did not convey very well.
Name recognition might have something to do with it, but I don’t think the NFL cares as much. Did you know Brenden Rice, son of one Jerry Rice, entered the draft this year?

If I secure the #1 pick after this week for next szn, Im trading back to 2 for whatever he's willing to give me, tho Ill aim high. Just need a top 2 pick. Top 3 is fine, Ill settle for Bowers probably (1.5ppr te), but I need top 2
He may not be willing to trade back to #2 if he's dead set on taking BPA. He may like Nabers as much as MHjr and not care to give up something to move up 1 spot.

He may not be willing to trade back to #2 if he's dead set on taking BPA. He may like Nabers as much as MHjr and not care to give up something to move up 1 spot.

Ya, I'm counting on everyone putting Marvin as the #1 can't miss dynasty prospect that you can't live without... Likely how it'll be.
But if not, I'll take whoever lands in the best spot

Ya, I'm counting on everyone putting Marvin as the #1 can't miss dynasty prospect that you can't live without... Likely how it'll be.
"best spot" isn't always for long in the NFL.

Narrowly missed LAC getting the #4 pick and making this the most terrorizing combo out there. Murray isn't a bad consolation prize. Either way he's the #1 pick pretty easily.

Narrowly missed LAC getting the #4 pick and making this the most terrorizing combo out there. Murray isn't a bad consolation prize. Either way he's the #1 pick pretty easily.
NE at pick 3 after likely Williams and Maye just got drafted 1 and 2 though.

Who knows who will be running the show for them but sure looks to me like the odds are they will have to like the third QB available in the draft(which could end up being someone they have rated first or second in theory) or take stock of all their needs and move back.

I think Arizona could go elsewhere. Maybe Olu or Alt at LT.

Could see Harrison ending up in LA with Herbert, and QBs going 1-3.

"best spot" isn't always for long in the NFL.
Nope.

I loved AJ Brown's college tape. I hated that he went to the Titans. Learned the hardway that landing spot aint all it's cracked up to be.

Oooh and don't forget everyone's favorite example. Everyone thought Jonathan Taylor was the next can't miss RB, but CEH had a better landing spot.

Kurt Benkert
Working on receiver comps

Marvin Harrison Jr is reminding me of Nico Collins a bit. I’d say Marvin is more polished as a route runner coming out, but I see a little more physicality from Nico.

Doesn’t just BURN people, but great body positioning and great with contested catches. Similar frames. I’ve seen AJ Green comps out there a little bit too, but they don’t climb the ladder the same.

Ciaran Hopper
MHJ is incredibly polished as a route runner coming out of college

Has the mental side on lockdown

Kurt Benkert
100%

Gives me Keenan Allen / Davante Adams flashes on some of his late hands in the red zone and tracking over the shoulder. Super impressive.

The only knock imo is he’s not the most “sudden” as an athlete like those guys.

Sadly I don't have any shares in DEVY, nor am I in a position to draft him in standard dynasty rookie drafts ;( Trying to trade for him is like trying to trade for a top QB in SuperFlex I suppose.

Sadly I don't have any shares in DEVY, nor am I in a position to draft him in standard dynasty rookie drafts ;( Trying to trade for him is like trying to trade for a top QB in SuperFlex I suppose.
Fwiw, I received an unsolicited offer of CMC for the pick.
Easy reject as I’m rebuilding but it does seem like he’s already the top, or among the top, players in dynasty.

Fwiw, I received an unsolicited offer of CMC for the pick.
Easy reject as I’m rebuilding but it does seem like he’s already the top, or among the top, players in dynasty.
I tried a package centered on Amon Ra for 1.1 and that's a 24/25 year old current first round pick who has produced every year at the same position.

I’m starting to wonder if he’s a little overrated. I watch the tape and it’s nothing but polish all day long. Great route runner, technician, everything you want from that aspect. You know what I don’t see? I don’t see Jefferson in his routes, Lamb after the catch, or Chase in attack. I’m not seeing the make you miss jukes, or deadleg route fakes that result in ankle soup. I’m not seeing the Gumby hip moves or YAC to the end zone.

These are first world problems obviously, but if he’s going to be valued as a 1st round startup pick, I’d really like to see more than what I have so far. He’s super safe. He’s going to be a pro bowler many years but he’s being valued as an all-pro and I’m not quite seeing it.

Also, where’s he going to end up? Arizona? I’d be hoping someone trades up because Zona seems like the perfect fit for inducing the pro-bowl-not-all-pro outcomes I just described. If he’s a Charger, ok now we’re cooking. Patriots? Big yikes that’s gonna end up underwhelming.

Guess what I’m saying is while I really like the player right now, think his market is overstated a bit and not quite seeing the same ceiling. I comped him to Julio awhile back and sort of regret it. He doesn’t have that kind of freak artistry. Actually, I’m not seeing much of anything that’s freaky. I’m seeing a lot of really really good borderline great. Nothing wrong with that. But for the associated hype? Sorry but I expect to see a little more.

Hopefully there’s enough “he’s really good”baseline in this post to avoid getting flamed too hard.

tried a package centered on Amon Ra for 1.1 and that's a 24/25 year old current first round pick who has produced every year at the same position.
Yep.
JJ or chase would get consideration.
The last time I had the top pick, I traded it for Clinton Portis. That pick was Adrian Peterson.
Some bust, but you never forget “losing” a future HoF type you could pick and have for his full career.

Hopefully there’s enough “he’s really good”baseline in this post to avoid getting flamed too hard.

He's arguably not my #1 this year and if we go back the last 5yrs, he'd be top 3 overall. Maybe 4, cuz I remember loving lamb, but MHJ more polished for sure.

Last yr, he's better than all. Zay was my #1
2022, really liked wilson, but MHJ ahead
2021, liked Chase more for sure
2020, I believe I had Lamb as my #1, but MHJ ahead
2019, no ahead of MHJ for me.

I’m starting to wonder if he’s a little overrated. I watch the tape and it’s nothing but polish all day long. Great route runner, technician, everything you want from that aspect. You know what I don’t see? I don’t see Jefferson in his routes, Lamb after the catch, or Chase in attack. I’m not seeing the make you miss jukes, or deadleg route fakes that result in ankle soup. I’m not seeing the Gumby hip moves or YAC to the end zone.

These are first world problems obviously, but if he’s going to be valued as a 1st round startup pick, I’d really like to see more than what I have so far. He’s super safe. He’s going to be a pro bowler many years but he’s being valued as an all-pro and I’m not quite seeing it.

Also, where’s he going to end up? Arizona? I’d be hoping someone trades up because Zona seems like the perfect fit for inducing the pro-bowl-not-all-pro outcomes I just described. If he’s a Charger, ok now we’re cooking. Patriots? Big yikes that’s gonna end up underwhelming.

Guess what I’m saying is while I really like the player right now, think his market is overstated a bit and not quite seeing the same ceiling. I comped him to Julio awhile back and sort of regret it. He doesn’t have that kind of freak artistry. Actually, I’m not seeing much of anything that’s freaky. I’m seeing a lot of really really good borderline great. Nothing wrong with that. But for the associated hype? Sorry but I expect to see a little more.

I mostly agree that he's not a great RAC guy, but I think his jump ball ability is phenomenal, right there with anyone in the NFL.

I think Arizona would be a solid landing spot. Kyler Murray has been a part of top-5ish numbers for DeAndre Hopkins and a half season of Hollywood Brown.

Personally, I think Harrison is the best WR prospect in a VERY long time. I do wonder if he's been a victim of overthinking because he's been the consensus top non-QB in this draft since late 2022. He looks like AJ Green with more deep speed to me, and my personal opinion is that he should probably be the #2 pick in the NFL draft, but QB desperation is a hell of a thing. Personally, I'd much rather trade a 2 for Fields and take Harrison if I were Was/NE.

Users who are viewing this thread