What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marvin Harrison Jr., ARZ (12 Viewers)

He will be sore. I hope he is okay after the adrenaline wears off watching the tape his foot/ankle did not stay planted so feeling pretty good he will be fine.

Google search showed it as from six hours ago and I didn’t think to check the actual date on it and clearly I don’t follow College Football game day as close as I could be.

:bag:

Here are a few more current links to make up for that one:

Urban Meyer: Marvin Harrison Jr. is college football's best player, should win Heisman

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION: WHAT DOES MARVIN HARRISON JR. HAVE TO DO THE REST OF THE SEASON TO WIN THE HEISMAN?

Google search showed it as from six hours ago and I didn’t think to check the actual date on it and clearly I don’t follow College Football game day as close as I could be.

:bag:

Here are a few more current links to make up for that one:

Urban Meyer: Marvin Harrison Jr. is college football's best player, should win Heisman

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION: WHAT DOES MARVIN HARRISON JR. HAVE TO DO THE REST OF THE SEASON TO WIN THE HEISMAN?
Didn't mean to take a shot at you . . . I meant the article getting posted now was odd. I've noticed a lot of sites these days essentially reposting old articles. I saw an article talking about Jayson Tatum's 54-point outburst against the Nets. Boston just played the Nets a few days ago . . . and Tatum did not have anywhere near 54 points. The article was dated yesterday, but the game was from a year and a half ago. Made no sense whatsoever.

MH Jr. basically a lock to be 1.01 in rookie drafts?
In super flex, once the QBs shake out I expect MHJ to go 3rd or 4th. Williams and Maye both are making a case for the NFL draft 1.01 as well as the SF fantasy 1.01. If another QB like Richards blows up at the combine, he could move into that 4th slot.

In super flex, once the QBs shake out I expect MHJ to go 3rd or 4th. Williams and Maye both are making a case for the NFL draft 1.01 as well as the SF fantasy 1.01. If another QB like Richards blows up at the combine, he could move into that 4th slot.
I’m currently sitting at 1.05 in my SF. Right now, Caleb, Maye, and Penix are the only players I think I’d take above him. Which probably leaves me Bowers (I don’t need a TE), Nabers and Coleman as the next few. Maybes Sanders or McCarthy get themselves above MH but I doubt it.

I’m currently sitting at 1.05 in my SF. Right now, Caleb, Maye, and Penix are the only players I think I’d take above him. Which probably leaves me Bowers (I don’t need a TE), Nabers and Coleman as the next few. Maybes Sanders or McCarthy get themselves above MH but I doubt it.
Jayden Daniels maybe? He's having an incredible season. I would take him over Penix honestly.

Jayden Daniels maybe? He's having an incredible season. I would take him over Penix honestly.
Maybe. He’s got talent for sure, I just think the talent around him and coaching is that much better than Penix.

I would take him #1 overall...

I get QB stuff, but to me he can elevate a QB, he is just that good.
NFL or FF?
Unless you think neither Caleb or Maye (or others) aren’t franchise starters / elevators, even the best WR isn’t worth more than a top tier QB. Would you take Jefferson or Chase over Mahomes, burrow or Herbert?

I basically have a 3-game "lead" for 1.1 next year, with 5 to go. Looking forward to taking him (standard scoring) to go with my Bijan pick this year.

I basically have a 3-game "lead" for 1.1 next year, with 5 to go. Looking forward to taking him (standard scoring) to go with my Bijan pick this year.
I find that teams that continually pick.1.1 will try very hard to continue that trend, even if it means trading away young perceived studs I’ve seen teams that value the draft more than league success. I’m not saying you’re one of those team however.

Maybe. He’s got talent for sure, I just think the talent around him and coaching is that much better than Penix.
I dont know, that UW team is pretty talented this year. Daniels definitely had his statement game last night. 372 passing, 234 rushing and 5 TDs.

I find that teams that continually pick.1.1 will try very hard to continue that trend, even if it means trading away young perceived studs I’ve seen teams that value the draft more than league success. I’m not saying you’re one of those team however.

I actually acquired what turned out to be this year's 1.1 and what looks to be next year's 1.1 in a previous trade a few years ago. :football:

I dont know, that UW team is pretty talented this year. Daniels definitely had his statement game last night. 372 passing, 234 rushing and 5 TDs.
UW has talent but they don’t have Nabers and Thomas. There isn’t a better combo outside of Columbus. They’re among the best duos in recent memory including two potential future HoFers from LSU.

Fwiw, Daniels probably deserves the Heisman but I think he’s probably QB 4 in the draft.

But yes, to your point that Daniels should be in the conversation for top 5 in SF, you’re absolutely right.

UW has talent but they don’t have Nabers and Thomas. There isn’t a better combo outside of Columbus. They’re among the best duos in recent memory including two potential future HoFers from LSU.

Fwiw, Daniels probably deserves the Heisman but I think he’s probably QB 4 in the draft.

But yes, to your point that Daniels should be in the conversation for top 5 in SF, you’re absolutely right.
Perhaps but PFF has 2 UW WRs going in the first round of their mock draft.

I'm experimenting with "productive struggle" in a dynasty/devy SF TEP best ball league I joined last year after the dispersal draft broke that way for me and I gave myself a 2-year window to suck to try and avoid what you said. You can draft college kids two years in advance so for the draft last year, the good 2023's were already gone but it was the first time you could draft 2024's. In the startup draft I focused on young players and rookie picks and in the rookie draft last year (5/24/22) I took Caleb Williams, Quinn Ewers, Brock Bowers in the first; MHJ in the second, and Donovan Edwards & Raheim Sanders in the third.

In the rookie draft this year I was picking 2nd and took Richardson (starting to wish I picked 3rd so I got CJ instead). This year I'll probably end up picking 3rd. We'll have to see how that NFL draft shakes out but since I already have the guys above, I'll probably hope for Maye to drop to 3rd or try and trade down for more picks. I also have 3x1sts, 1x2nd, 3x3rds, 2x4ths, Kyler, TLaw, Love, and some young WRs so hopefully I can compete next year and won't be picking high again anytime soon!

Can't see returning to school and passing up the huge pay. Possible, but nah.
Plus, didn't he already miss a season due to injury?

Can't see returning to school and passing up the huge pay. Possible, but nah.
Plus, didn't he already miss a season due to injury?
I don't think he has in college at least. He didn't play much as a true freshmen because the team also had Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, and JSN at the time.

due to the disasterous amount of injuries I compiled, I am certain not to get the #1 pick this year... PLEASE STAY IN SCHOOL, MAN!

due to the disasterous amount of injuries I compiled, I am certain not to get the #1 pick this year... PLEASE STAY IN SCHOOL, MAN!
Conversely, those of us who have the top pick for once or a top 3 pick in SF, really hope he comes out.
Nabers isn’t a bad consolation I guess.

Conversely, those of us who have the top pick for once or a top 3 pick in SF, really hope he comes out.
Nabers isn’t a bad consolation I guess.

I'm literally bordering on thinking Nabers may be a better prospect... Have been for some time, actually.
But Marvin has the WAY bigger "name" appeal. It'd be easier to move up to 1 for Nabers than for Marvin. Probably by a lot.

Would be fairly catastrophic to my rebuilding team if he and Henderson both went back to school.

Surely MHJ doesn't? Surely! He's a top 5 pick almost locked.

Would be fairly catastrophic to my rebuilding team if he and Henderson both went back to school.

Surely MHJ doesn't? Surely! He's a top 5 pick almost locked.
One would think making $8-10 million a year on contract is better, but the top football NIL deals are in the millions.

It’s almost like MHJ just needs to decide if he’s willing to risk injury or pay for the bears or cardinals (which seems the two most likely).

Without knowing the NIL # you’d think it would just be a matter of declaring now so he’s one year closer to a 2nd NFL contract. Even if you are worried about injury or busting at the NFL level, mediocre and poor WR’s get ridiculous money in FA now.

Conversely, thinking we will see more and more RB’s stay for NIL $. Trayveon staying makes more sense to me given NFL teams don’t pay even the stud RB’s anymore and rarely draft them highly. In college they can impact the game more and aren’t nearly as plug and play since there is lesser competition as opposed to at the NFL level where everyone is fast and strong. Who knows? He may be looking at more in NIL $ than he gets as a 2nd round pick!

Panthers don't have a pick.
Ok, the Bears then
Premium city, likely new high level rookie QB, strong receiving room, much capital to strengthen in this draft.

Sounds pretty good to me. Deluded of him to expect much better at the top of a draft.
If Chicago takes Maye or Caleb, with a new HC (Johnson?) it would be a great spot. I think Arizona seems next most likely and is also a decent spot.

Users who are viewing this thread