What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (1 Viewer)

Rank the rookie WR's right now for dynasty purposes. My top 10:

Sammy

Evans

OBJ

Matthews

Cooks

Benjamin

Robinson

Landry

Adams

Bryant
Unbelievable crew. GB the young fellas.Beckham can be unstoppable. You can't press him or he can make you look silly, so in turn he could get 10 easy grabs any week. He and Sammy can be as good as the QB play they get. Evans can be great with me throwing it to him.
I didn't get to see the first half of the game, but he seemed to have trouble getting free at the LOS when the CB was playing up on him with no cushion. He kept trying some kind of stationary head fake at the snap rather than moving into and through and thus Manning was having to let the ball go before he could get free. I don't know if he was doing that all game and someone just told the CB's to not bite on the fakes during halftime or what. After seeing the stat line and tuning in, I was ready for some second half fireworks.
He got a knee to his lower back and had to go to the locker room. It's reported as a bruise, but you're right he didn't look as explosive after that.

I'll take those three in any order you want.
In my Rookie of the Year tracking column, I've had Watkins and Benjamin trading places in the top two spots recently. It runs every other week, if I was writing it this week, I'd have Evans and Beckham in the two top spots, they have a lot of momentum and have been on fire lately. Evans last week became the youngest WR to have 200 yards receiving in a game, and the first rookie with at least 7 receptions, 100 yards (actually 120+ in his case) and a TD in three consecutive games. That streak ended Sunday, though he had another TD. Still five games to go, and time for Watkins and Benjamin to reassert themselves. There are also talented WRs like Cooks and Robinson done for the year already, on IR.This is without a doubt a historically good rookie WR class.

Last edited by a moderator:
The craziest thing is he was sidelined with an injury for a bunch of games to start his rookie season, and has proceeded to look like, not only a seasoned vet, but one of the best WR's in the NFL! Very impressive.
and missed all of training camp.

I'll have to watch it again, JTS. Seems like every time I looked up, the DB was ten yards off of him. He so slippery, it seemed like they were scared to death of him.
you have to watch Mayock's piece on him on NFL films where he breaks down OBD vs. Sherman play by play....he sets up Sherman (one of the best there is) and then continues to keep him guessing all game. Quite the chess game.

it is truly an honor to have mr beckham on my fantasy team. even better that i have gordon too! man those guys are fun to watch.

Someone mentioned Michael Jordan earlier (maybe in another thread). OBJ is Michael Jordan on the football field. His body control is inhuman.

If Eli had hit him for the wide open 75 yard TD and NY wins the game ESPN would have made the Jordan comparison front page

I hear he's been running some talks on his off days between the North and South Koreans and they're very close to reaching an agreement making it one unified country. I know he's still a rookie but that's impressive.

I was at a poker game shortly after the catch/Sunday night, and 3 people I play fantasy with were sitting there.

One guy who's opinion I respect, one guy thats "semi-smart" and the other is a complete joker.

2 of the three knew Beckham, and "the joker" just vaguely knew him. (but he did know he was starting to really take off in the weeks prior)

So I openly asked the three of them, if they were drafting today, exactly where would you take OBJ? (standard redraft)

I said I would consider taking him in late round 3, depending on roster construction. Realize we play in start 3 WR leagues also.

The other guy I respect said "that sounds about right for me, round 3/round 4".

The "semi-smart" one said he didn't know exactly, but would certainly take him in round 6.

The joker said he would consider him late round 1 early round 2. He then said "well thats where people were taking Brandon Marshall/AJ Green, and a few others, and look at how they have been doing". :lol:

Sure we are at a point where his hype value may be at his highest ever, but you have to admit its interesting.

If he stays healthy, and puts up WR1 numbers the rest of the year, I wouldn't be surprised if people next year were talking about taking him in round 2.

(not saying thats where I would be thinking of taking him, I just wouldn't be shocked)

TZM

I hear he's been running some talks on his off days between the North and South Koreans and they're very close to reaching an agreement making it one unified country. I know he's still a rookie but that's impressive.
ODB will probably get the Nobel Peace Prize any day now.

The NFL Network has formally changed its name to the ODB Network.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is unbelievable. Top 10 wr even when cruz returns.
He probably will be. Physicians that have chimed in on the Cruz injury say that most don't completely recover from the injury he has. Cruz's career probably isn't done, but his days as being the Giants #1 WR most likely are. Giants might be where they could get Amari Cooper in the draft. It wouldn't be a shock if they take him because even if Cruz comes back as good as before, all 3 wrs can be on the field at the same time. Giants like 3 WR sets and prefer Cruz in the slot.

He probably will be. Physicians that have chimed in on the Cruz injury say that most don't completely recover from the injury he has. Cruz's career probably isn't done, but his days as being the Giants #1 WR most likely are. Giants might be where they could get Amari Cooper in the draft. It wouldn't be a shock if they take him because even if Cruz comes back as good as before, all 3 wrs can be on the field at the same time. Giants like 3 WR sets and prefer Cruz in the slot.
As a Giant fan, I would be furious if they took Amari Cooper. This team has screaming needs on both lines. As good as Beckham has been, I still wonder if they might have been better off if they took Aaron Donald.

As a Giant fan, I would be furious if they took Amari Cooper. This team has screaming needs on both lines. As good as Beckham has been, I still wonder if they might have been better off if they took Aaron Donald.
I agree, I would not be happy about Cooper. I also wanted them to take Donald over Beckham and wish they did up until a few weeks ago when I saw just how good Beckham is. At this point, if your team landed Watkins, Evans or Beckham, you have to be thankful to have that guy for the next several years no matter who they passed up to get them. Yes, they need a DT like Donald, but they also needed a WR and they went out and grabbed an elite WR when he was there. It's better to grab an elite guy at a position even if it's not your greatest need. Hopefully this year a very good DT or OT falls to them in the 1st.

Rotoworld:

Eli Manning raved Monday about Odell Beckham's route-running ability.

Beckham's calling card coming out of LSU was his pro-style routes and ability to separate. "He comes out of his breaks very sharply. He doesn't drift," Manning said. "You're able to see right when he's making that cut and he's coming out of his breaks very smoothly." Beckham can get open at will at the intermediate level and put his freakishly big hands (bigger than 6-foot-5 Calvin Johnson's) on display with the catch heard round the world Sunday night. Over the last four games, Eli's No. 1 WR is averaging 7.7 catches for 125.7 yards with two touchdowns.

Source: ESPN New York
Nov 25 - 8:25 AM

Rotoworld:

Odell Beckham caught seven passes for 90 yards in Sunday's Week 13 loss to Jacksonville.
He was targeted a team-high eight times. The Giants struggled to pass protect and couldn't move the offense in the second half. Beckham was held out of the end-zone despite a matchup with Jaguars CB Dwayne Gratz. He still managed a solid game in PPR formats. Beckham has at least 90 yards in five straight weeks and will remain a WR1 in Week 14 against the Titans.

Nov 30 - 5:11 PM

Unreal 1st half. Too bad Titans couldn't have at leats made this somewhat competitive. Zero action for him in the 2nd half.

I got him pretty cheap in a startup dynasty. He kinda got forgotten because of his lingering injury. I just dug up the auction results cuz I couldn't remember how much I paid.......$31 in $1000 total budget auction. Now that's value!

Rotoworld:

The Giants moved Odell Beckham all over the formation during Sunday's win at Tennessee.

Beckham missed nearly all of the offseason and training camp due to injury, and has now appeared in just nine NFL games. But after weeks of playing mostly outside, he got some slot work and even motioned into the backfield against the Titans. A man among boys in terms of ability, Beckham has proven unstoppable given the way the Giants are using him. He'll be a top-12 option against the Redskins in Week 15.

Source: New York Daily News
Dec 8 - 8:30 AM

Rotoworld:

The Giants moved Odell Beckham all over the formation during Sunday's win at Tennessee.

Beckham missed nearly all of the offseason and training camp due to injury, and has now appeared in just nine NFL games. But after weeks of playing mostly outside, he got some slot work and even motioned into the backfield against the Titans. A man among boys in terms of ability, Beckham has proven unstoppable given the way the Giants are using him. He'll be a top-12 option against the Redskins in Week 15.

Source: New York Daily News

Dec 8 - 8:30 AM
I've watched the past few weeks because I get all the Giants games here in CT. They've been doing that for three or four weeks now. It's like everyone knows that double coverage was coming when Cruz went down. I'm disgusted my season ends tonight because ODB is THE receiver, THE big-time flex that just scares the ever-living #### out of whoever is facing you that week.

Damn.

Damn.

But back to the football point. They've been running this guy all over, in motion, in the backfield, lined up right, lined up left, lined up slot. You name it, they've done it for weeks now.

ODB's success should mean GREAT things for Cruz next year. He'll never see a #1 CB on covering him again...or double coverage for that matter.

ODB's success should mean GREAT things for Cruz next year. He'll never see a #1 CB on covering him again...or double coverage for that matter.
He'll also never see the targets he grew accustomed to these last couple years.

Fwiw Beckham is 5th in PPR WR scoring since week 5. (His first game as a pro). He's 2nd in WR scoring since week 7. An amazing start to a career.

Take his first 9 games and project them over 16?

105/1473/10

Users who are viewing this thread