What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (4 Viewers)

I might be crazy...but Odell Beckham might be one of the top 5 Wrs in the league. He looks practically unguardable.

He was undrafted in my keeper leagues so he'll be draft eligible next year. I wonder how high he'll go.

I might be crazy...but Odell Beckham might be one of the top 5 Wrs in the league. He looks practically unguardable.
No you're right. I've been watching football a long time and I've seen him do some absolutely sick things in his limited time that I've seen very few top players do. Wait until he gets some experience. I've went on about him in this thread but I have in my dynasty league and I don't know that I'd give up for any other player at this point.

Most of the time, Eli is doing a great job hitting him at the right time. The other times, it's a little nerving and I wonder what happens against a top DB like Haden. Beckham has fantastic fight to the ball and beats lesser CBs, but the better ones we'll have to see. Eli is a QB whose confidence can be shaken and their other WRs don't look so good.

He certainly plays like a veteran and is the best route runner in a long long time. I am not an Eli fan but I gotta give him credit, he's gotten it to him at the perfect time soooo many times it sure does look unstoppable.

Some of today's NFL QBs seem to know nothing about timing and wait a good second before throwing to an open WR. These guys would get Beckham smacked by big hits.

Most of the time, Eli is doing a great job hitting him at the right time. The other times, it's a little nerving and I wonder what happens against a top DB like Haden. Beckham has fantastic fight to the ball and beats lesser CBs, but the better ones we'll have to see. Eli is a QB whose confidence can be shaken and their other WRs don't look so good.He certainly plays like a veteran and is the best route runner in a long long time. I am not an Eli fan but I gotta give him credit, he's gotten it to him at the perfect time soooo many times it sure does look unstoppable.

Some of today's NFL QBs seem to know nothing about timing and wait a good second before throwing to an open WR. These guys would get Beckham smacked by big hits.
He did pretty good against Sherman.

Most of the time, Eli is doing a great job hitting him at the right time. The other times, it's a little nerving and I wonder what happens against a top DB like Haden. Beckham has fantastic fight to the ball and beats lesser CBs, but the better ones we'll have to see. Eli is a QB whose confidence can be shaken and their other WRs don't look so good.

He certainly plays like a veteran and is the best route runner in a long long time. I am not an Eli fan but I gotta give him credit, he's gotten it to him at the perfect time soooo many times it sure does look unstoppable.

you don't play against top DBs all the time but the one he did face in like his 3rd game as a pro (Sherman) he lit up pretty good. Heck AJ Green gets snuffed by Haden but he's still a top 2-4 WR. While I love the kids supreme I also love how the Giants have recognized that they have to get him the ball as many times per game as possible...on reverses, throws at the LOS, deep balls and he's moving all over the formation. The kid has played about 1/2 a season of football and you can clearly see that the other teams total focus is on him and he still can't be stopped or even slowed down.

I've been getting a lot of offers for him (one involving Calvin Johnson) but I'm not moving him.
i'm trying to trade Watkins for him straight up but not getting any interest.

As far as pure athletic ability he's in the top 1% of all NFL players, throw in that everything points to him being passionate and a hard worker it seems like his career has no cap to it.

I've been getting a lot of offers for him (one involving Calvin Johnson) but I'm not moving him.

As far as pure athletic ability he's in the top 1% of all NFL players, throw in that everything points to him being passionate and a hard worker it seems like his career has no cap to it.
jerry Rice on steroids.

Like Keenan Allen, circa 2013.

Huh? You must've not have those 2 play.

not even close IMO. Beckham has shown far more than Allen did last season. Also just watching their games the explosiveness between them doesn't compare.

jerry Rice on steroids.
jerry Rice on steroids + hands like Lester Haynes with stick um

as in, they were both rookies? sure. otherwise not at all.

I don't think Allen is in

I don't think Allen is in same hemisphere as ODB

I've already seen a dozen things from ODB that have caught my attention and I can't recall one time where I saw an elite talent type of play from Allen. I owned Allen last year and watched all his games

Seems like you are afraid admit that you missed on your evaluation of the guy. Sour grapes? It's ok man, it happens....

Seems like you are afraid admit that you missed on your evaluation of the guy. Sour grapes? It's ok man, it happens....
Nope, had him as the #3 WR in the draft and compared him to Greg Jennings. Just think the hype is a little out of control. We'll see...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nope, had him as the #3 WR in the draft and compared him to Greg Jennings. Just think the hype is a little out of control. We'll see...
I assume you had him third behind Watkins and Evans , which was probably pretty common (though I suppose you could have had Cooks or Benjamin ahead of him, but that's neither here nor there). Out of curiosity where would you have him now compared to the rest of the rookie WR's?

3-3-WAS 30(12:26) (No Huddle, Shotgun) E.Manning pass deep right to O.Beckham for 30 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on NYG-J.Pugh, Offside on Free Kick, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 30 - No Play.

He and Mike Evans are apparently unstoppable.
And luckily for me, I have both to pair with Antonio Brown.
Damn that's good. I only have Brown and Cobb with him.
I only have DT, AJG, Julio and Brown to pair with him in my main dynasty. What's a guy to do? :shrug: Seriously I am having a harder time ignoring him.
Four-team league?
You ever play dynasty before? I've seen tons of WR corps like that, built over the years.

how can a defense gameplay to stop him? He lines up all over the place and is just going to get better the more he learns. I wouldn't trade him for any other WR.

completely unstoppable…everyone knows it's coming to him and still cannot stop him. I keep thinking that at some point he's got to be slowed down but he's just unreal. He's the top WR in football right now and not by a little. He had the 4th TD as well. He's just sick. Not enough accolades for him and what he's done as a rookie. Never seen anything like this in over 20 years of FF.

how can a defense gameplay to stop him? He lines up all over the place and is just going to get better the more he learns. I wouldn't trade him for any other WR.
or player. No RB, TE, QB. He's the most valuable player in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread