What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (3 Viewers)

Beckham to me, is looking the #1 WR. Definitely ahead of Calvin. Guy gets hurt every year. DeMaryius is closer. Cobb? No way. Maclin? Not even close. Green? Closer. Julio? Closer, but also gets hurt seems like seasonally. Jordy is close. Antonio Brown is about the only one I think I'd really struggle with.
It's too small a sample size and a big risk to spend a top 5 overall pick on him. Could be disasterous if you are wrong and he is only a top say 10-15 WR next season.
I didn't say top 5 overall. I still place RBs only there. That said, I've seen enough to tell me he's the real deal and there are very few WRs I'd want over Beckham next year as things stand today.

im still taking demaryius, antonio, green, dez, julio, and jordy over him. mebbe calvin, jeffery, cobb, hilton, maclin.
I like Cobb but if he leaves GB, and doesn't land in Indy or Seattle, no.

Maclin? another player I've liked since his college days at our then-rival, but no.

The rest, yeah probably in redraft.

//
maclin was unreal with foles. his game logs went

4/97/1

4/45/1

8/154/1

4/54

5/76/1

2/16

12/187/2

the next game he went 8/168/2, but i think like half of that came from sanchez. still, he had a long td from foles in that game iirc. regardless, neglecting that game entirely, with foles he was averaging 5.4/90/.86 which prorates to 89/1400/14. id be ecstatic to get this guy in the 3rd.

im still taking demaryius, antonio, green, dez, julio, and jordy over him. mebbe calvin, jeffery, cobb, hilton, maclin.

Maclin? another player I've liked since his college days at our then-rival, but no.

//

4/97/1

4/45/1

8/154/1

4/54

5/76/1

2/16

12/187/2

the next game he went 8/168/2, but i think like half of that came from sanchez. still, he had a long td from foles in that game iirc. regardless, neglecting that game entirely, with foles he was averaging 5.4/90/.86 which prorates to 89/1400/14. id be ecstatic to get this guy in the 3rd.
too few targets and catches for me. I want target hounds and guys that the offense is built around. Maclin's in a good spot but he's not a terrific talent.

//

4/97/1

4/45/1

8/154/1

4/54

5/76/1

2/16

12/187/2

too few targets and catches for me. I want target hounds and guys that the offense is built around. Maclin's in a good spot but he's not a terrific talent.
hes got 131 targets this year. he was actually a massive target hound with foles, garnering 76 in 7 games. he had an outlier vs the giants only getting 3 targets for 2 catches in the 27-0 blowout. regardless, almost 11 targets a game is legit. his catch rate was kinda blah tho, i guess.

anyway, you gotta realize beckhams targets will decline some when cruz comes back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 17 is after most FF super bowls. ODB and the Giants host Philly that week. Oh my.
My league plays championship & consolation week 17 (it is what it is, please don't berate me). I am so desperate to win week 16 (even more than usual in a playoff game) largely because I want a shot at the trophy on the back of ODB vs. Philly.

Week 17 is after most FF super bowls. ODB and the Giants host Philly that week. Oh my.
My league plays championship & consolation week 17 (it is what it is, please don't berate me). I am so desperate to win week 16 (even more than usual in a playoff game) largely because I want a shot at the trophy on the back of ODB vs. Philly.
The way Phi elected to "defend"(?) Dez after getting torched by GB and others this year is inexplicable. Good luck this weekend.

//

4/97/1

4/45/1

8/154/1

4/54

5/76/1

2/16

12/187/2

hes got 131 targets this year. he was actually a massive target hound with foles, garnering 76 in 7 games. he had an outlier vs the giants only getting 3 targets for 2 catches in the 27-0 blowout. regardless, almost 11 targets a game is legit. his catch rate was kinda blah tho, i guess.

anyway, you gotta realize beckhams targets will decline some when cruz comes back.
maybe...very likely that Randle/others will shift into Cruz. Also, targets are not finite and if you have more weapons it can help keep drives alive and produce more opportunities. Each week the Giants are putting more on his plate and he's not a surprise to anyone in the NFL at this point and he keeps responding and with his outstanding skillset I expect that to continue. The Giants know they have a star on their hands and he will be the focal point of their offense for years to come.

Yep now that it's championship week I'm really worried about Eli having a clunker of a game.

I would consider demaryius, Dez and Brown over him. I'm not sure I would take another WR over him in a PPR
Wow, REALLY? I'm a Giants fan. This guy is electrifying...

but no question I'm taking Julio, Nelson, Megatron (this will be a down year, imo. did he become 38 all of a sudden? (hint: no) , Bryant, Green, and probably Hilton over him. Probably Cobb and Jeffrey too, and he is in the mix with about 5 guys at this point - subject to change due to injury / situation obviously.

Wow, WR is ####### DEEP.
I just see his combination of talent and opportunity being better than just about anyone. Eli is completely locked into him and you have to think their chemistry can only improve after an off-season :shock: I love these other guys that you listed but I just don't see them being as consistently great as OBJ will be in a ppr league.

I think Odell will go as a top 3 WR next season. My top 7 at this point for 2015 redraft (order to fluctuate)

Calvin

ODB

A. Bryant

Dez

AJG

DT

Julio

I think Odell will go as a top 3 WR next season. My top 7 at this point for 2015 redraft (order to fluctuate)

Calvin

ODB

A. Bryant

Dez

AJG

DT

Julio
Man that guy had a great year. I kinda miss him.

ETA: 2008 with the Bucs. 83/1,248/7

Toughest decision all year on what to do regarding OBJ: Should I order his jersey now or should I wait until next year in case the jersey style changes?

steveski said:
Toughest decision all year on what to do regarding OBJ: Should I order his jersey now or should I wait until next year in case the jersey style changes?
Both - Deion Sanders

I'm curious about how this plays out too. Cruz could be huge without the #1 coverage. Next year Eli might be the biggest benefactor. I'm sure the Giants will do something to mess it up... ;)

I'm curious about how this plays out too. Cruz could be huge without the #1 coverage. Next year Eli might be the biggest benefactor. I'm sure the Giants will do something to mess it up... ;)
This has been gone over a number of times in this thread. Cruz tore his Patellar Tendon. This is a bad injury, and didn't go well for Ryan or Cadillac Williams. Very good chance that Cruz is never the same player he once was.

The o-line could go back to being swiss cheese like they were all last year and half of this year.

I could see OBJ losing some targets to Cruz next year, but besides the last 2 weeks he hasn't really been targeted a ton. The last 2 weeks he was targeted 35% and 44% of the teams targets, which is obviously high, but before that he was averaging around 20-25%. That makes me think that he can maintain that volume and Cruz's targets can come out of the other guys like Donnell and the other WR's who are underperforming. The beauty of OBJ is he is extremely efficient with his targets. He catches anything remotely close to him. He's a QB's best friend.

The thing about ODB is that it's exceedingly obvious the gmen will do whatever it takes to get him the ball. This is how I once envisioned cordarrelle, moving all over the formation, reverses, even lining up in the backfield. Giants play calling has been superb every time I've paid close attention.

It is one thing to jump off the screen and dominate against college level players, but he jumps off the screen at the pro level. Just compare him to all your one year wonders you want, they don't look as good as him.

How wasn't LSU a monster on offense last year? Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Jeremy Hill. Impressive talent.

This has been gone over a number of times in this thread. Cruz tore his Patellar Tendon. This is a bad injury, and didn't go well for Ryan or Cadillac Williams. Very good chance that Cruz is never the same player he once was.
people are acting like he tore his ACL or something when it is much worse for Cruz. It's likely he never returns to anything close to what he was before the Patellar Tendon injury. Thats a brutal injury and far worse than a simple ACL tear.

In the games he's played (which is only 10 mind you, due to his early season injury), he's averaged 23 pts/game in one of my PPR leagues, including bonus pts for 100+ yds receiving. Pro-rated to 14 games, that would put him just behind Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson, and Demaryius Thomas this season. And this is a rookie we're talking about.

cruz hasnt been the same since his bust out season really. its weird that he continually declined from there. and now he has a nasty injury to contend with. but he still hogged a ton of targets, even with beckham.

cruz hasnt been the same since his bust out season really. its weird that he continually declined from there. and now he has a nasty injury to contend with. but he still hogged a ton of targets, even with beckham.
This is an unfair statement. People don't put 1500 yard season all the time. His second year he had 1100 and 10 and his third year he had just shy of 1000 and 4 and missed the final 2 games. Plus the Giants and Eli have been a mess.

In the games he's played (which is only 10 mind you, due to his early season injury), he's averaged 23 pts/game in one of my PPR leagues, including bonus pts for 100+ yds receiving. Pro-rated to 14 games, that would put him just behind Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson, and Demaryius Thomas this season. And this is a rookie we're talking about.
a rookie with Eli chucking the rock to him.

those other 3 have Rodgers, Big Ben & Manning

Is this guy the biggest key to championship teams? In both my leagues, Beckham turned a mediocre team into one of the two championship teams. I am one of those teams and went from 2-4 to only losing one game the rest of the season and scoring 130+ pts in each of those wins. I picked him up after his season debut for cheap.

Is this guy the biggest key to championship teams? In both my leagues, Beckham turned a mediocre team into one of the two championship teams. I am one of those teams and went from 2-4 to only losing one game the rest of the season and scoring 130+ pts in each of those wins. I picked him up after his season debut for cheap.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was the most highly owned player on championship teams. His late season push was very valuable in flex spots or due to injury and these past 2 weeks should have definitely helped his owners advance. I only won by 3 points in the semifinals, so I'd say that his 36 points definitely helped.

My man crush on OBD (aka Dirk McGirk) knows no bounds. He's got me in the championship game and on the cusp of 2K. There is no doubt in my mind that the WW is 50% of the reason why people win FF championships. It seems like every year I've won or made it to the finals, I was able to pull a stud of the WW (CK2, J. Charles, Vick, Miles Austin, ODB)........ Now that I think about it, I'm a pretty s*itty drafter.

ya....especially when the game is on the line and it really counts...he's doing it when it matters and the game is in doubt. That's what so impressive and you can clearly see it when you watch the games but when you then compare him to every other player in the NFL and the fact that he's leading in so many clutch categories just shows how good he is and how much the Giants rely on him.

I've been playing this game a long time and I've posted numerous times that I've not seen a guy like this before and I'll post it again. There are always one year wonders and ODB is definitely benefitting from a good schedule but he's incredibly special and he is not some Keenan Allen or other flash in the pan. He's the complete package...blazing speed, amazing route runner, smart, hard working, can play every position, body control like I've never seen before, hands like I've never seen before and incredibly determined. One of the things I like the best about him is that even after a huge game like he had he focusing on the one TD that was broken up by Breeland and how he has to be better in that spot and make that catch. The kid had 12 catches nearly 150 yards, 3 tds, won the game for his team, will be the offensive rookie of the week for the 2nd time in 3 or 4 weeks and he's bothered by the one catch that he didn't make.

I traded Josh Gordon on my team a couple weeks ago to make room for ODB.

dickey moe said:
msudaisy26 said:
It is him or Leveon Bell
Leveon is about the only player I'd trade ODB for in dynasty right now.
I've thought about this and I don't think I could do it, RBs are just not long for this world and I don't think Leveon is AP or anything. I'd probably trade him for Luck but that's about it (6pt passing TDs). That is until we see where Gurley gets drafted and how his rehab went.

White Lightning said:
My man crush on OBD (aka Dirk McGirk) knows no bounds. He's got me in the championship game and on the cusp of 2K. There is no doubt in my mind that the WW is 50% of the reason why people win FF championships. It seems like every year I've won or made it to the finals, I was able to pull a stud of the WW (CK2, J. Charles, Vick, Miles Austin, ODB)........ Now that I think about it, I'm a pretty s*itty drafter.
you mean Dirt McGirt

Dodd's said on the podcast don't be surprised if he lays a stinker in a tough matchup and good pass rush against Eli... Yet ranks him as the 4th best flex play.

Dodd's said on the podcast don't be surprised if he lays a stinker in a tough matchup and good pass rush against Eli... Yet ranks him as the 4th best flex play.
Well you have to start him. I agree though, this matchup worries me and not because of the Rams secondary. It's the Rams D-line and the fact that Jennings probably won't play. Still...no way I'd even consider benching him.

The worst part is he could go 7/95 and people will consider it a disappointment.

Well you have to start him. I agree though, this matchup worries me and not because of the Rams secondary. It's the Rams D-line and the fact that Jennings probably won't play. Still...no way I'd even consider benching him.
I went WR heavy and drafted CJ, Antonio and Jordy. Luckily ODB has seen my lineup due to CJs injuries and bye weeks. I benched Nelson for him last week, but I don't know if I can do it again.

The worst part is he could go 7/95 and people will consider it a disappointment.
Yeah... in season leagues, you can't sit the guy. In DFS, he's too expensive IMO

Elite athletic ability with skills that produce all over the field. Very similar to Antonio Brown but with with better skills in the end zone.

Whether Eli has time to get him the ball is the concern this week. ODB is planted in my lineup, but I am expecting his streak of 90 yds to be broken this week. Hopefully he can catch a short TD

Users who are viewing this thread