What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., BAL (6 Viewers)

TheDirtyWord said:
Interesting thing about consternation regarding his production...

2015 thru 4 games: 24/307/2

2016 thru 4 games: 22/303/0

2015 thru 5 games: 31/428/3

2016 thru 5 games: 27/359/1

SameSongNDance said:
He's either putting up 8/200/2 today or quitting football entirely. Boy do I love me some variance.
He might have had 200 yards if Eli could have thrown the ball accurately a few more times.

Him and the net are good. He is having fun again.

My biggest concern is Eli Manning and how long Eli remains a good QB to feed Beckham.  It seems like the dynasty value consensus does not factor in QB age as much as it should,  until it's too late. 

As long as we are playing this game...

Weeks 1-5
2015: 33/587/5
2016: 27/359/1

Before week 5 OBJ was averaging 5.5/75.75/0 and that's similar to what he put in vs a GB defense missing its best corner. I'm just glad he scored during garbage time; can't count on those every week though

I'm not advocating to sell, at this point I don't think you can get anything of value. I'm just observing a downward trend. He has 6 less receptions which isn't a big deal, but 228 yards is the most glaring issue (aside from TDs which I'm told "those will come" by others here). That's 38 yards per catch. 

Hopefully he rebounds. Eli playing like crap and no running game doesn't help at all. And I think his lack of production is a reflection of that, but do people see both of those things turning around at any point? Tough to say. His targets are encouraging, as well as the fact no one else in the receiving corps did anything remotely close to what OBJ did in last night's game

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as we are playing this game...

Weeks 1-5
2015: 33/587/5
2016: 27/359/1

Before week 5 OBJ was averaging 5.5/75.75/0 and that's similar to what he put in vs a GB defense missing its best corner. I'm just glad he scored during garbage time; can't count on those every week though

I'm not advocating to sell, at this point I don't think you can get anything of value. I'm just observing a downward trend. He has 6 less receptions which isn't a big deal, but 228 yards is the most glaring issue (aside from TDs which I'm told "those will come" by others here). That's 38 yards per catch. 

Hopefully he rebounds. Eli playing like crap and no running game doesn't help at all. And I think his lack of production is a reflection of that, but do people see both of those things turning around at any point? Tough to say. His targets are encouraging, as well as the fact no one else in the receiving corps did anything remotely close to what OBJ did in last night's game
I don't disagree but I wouldn't call it a garbage time td. It put them one score away with three minutes.  If Cobb doesn't convert the third down when he had his head knocked from his body that could have been an exciting finish. 

You can probably find a knucklehead in your league willing to give up  Mike Evans for Odell...  Do it, if you  can
Evans should have been the consensus dynasty #1 anyway due to Winston's arrow pointing up and Eli pointing down.  If you want to make a right now argument then Beckham isn't in that conversation either because AB and Julio. 

Evans should have been the consensus dynasty #1 anyway due to Winston's arrow pointing up and Eli pointing down.  If you want to make a right now argument then Beckham isn't in that conversation either because AB and Julio. 
It's a pretty cluttered top, for sure. 

But dynasty wise, Evans my 1a, and has been for over a year now. Everything set up for his success, esp at QB. And the kid just keeps his head down and works. Love him 

I don't disagree but I wouldn't call it a garbage time td. It put them one score away with three minutes.  If Cobb doesn't convert the third down when he had his head knocked from his body that could have been an exciting finish. 
GB wasn't really trying their hardest on that last drive TBH. Yeah by definition it wasn't garbage time but by the way the game was going it certainly was.

I still see value in him and offering either Ingram or Gordon for him.

I have depth at RB (D. Johnson, CJ, T. Coleman, Crowell) but need a WR after losing K. Allen and streaming a WR weekly.

We must all realize that this kid is the most talented WR in the NFL. If he can control his behavior then he'll put up Rice numbers. If he does not...he'll just be a HOFer.

OBJ is fine as well. 

ODB makes no sense.
Half the board calls him ODB.  Sorry I'll try to use the correct abbreviation next time but it doesn't take away from the fact the guy is a stud and all the pants pissers were overreacting.

Can we get an update on his stats through the first 6 games last season compared to this season?  I don't think they still fit with the narrative a lot of people have been pushing...

Can we get an update on his stats through the first 6 games last season compared to this season?  I don't think they still fit with the narrative a lot of people have been pushing...
2015 thru 6 games

38-489-4

2016 thru 6 game (includes today's game)

35-581-3

ctsu will patiently wait for his next bad game to post in this thread again.
Just like the "ODB" apologists waited for this game. I don't care either way but the hypocrisy in here is at an all time high. LMAO at both sides.

We must all realize that this kid is the most talented WR in the NFL. If he can control his behavior then he'll put up Rice numbers. If he does not...he'll just be a HOFer.
Hard to disagree.  NFLs passing tendency now days works in his favor, but he's going to have Eli throwing him the ball for the next X years. Vs Montana, Young and Garcia 

Just like the "ODB" apologists waited for this game. I don't care either way but the hypocrisy in here is at an all time high. LMAO at both sides.
No we didn't we've been here all season telling people to relax that his TDs will come.  Go back and read the last five pages or so.

Users who are viewing this thread