What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., MIA (3 Viewers)

It's OBJ... its Odell Beckham Jr. 3 names gets its own letter. Not ODell Beckham Jr.
This.
You are the Rhythmdoctor and you say this?......ODB is what it is.....Shimmy Shimmy Ya!

On a side note...Sherman shuts him down but Beckham is soon to be a beast.
Sherman only plays the right side of the field. He isn't a shadow CB.
It's OBJ... its Odell Beckham Jr. 3 names gets its own letter. Not ODell Beckham Jr.
This.
You are the Rhythmdoctor and you say this?......ODB is what it is.....Shimmy Shimmy Ya!

I don't think it matters....Sherman will play against the Off biggest threat.....Randle?lol....Donnell? not likely. ODB? you betcha
Sorry, but this is just flat out wrong. Sherman is NOT a shadow CB. He strictly plays the same side of the field. Seattle does not scheme this way and has never used Sherman in any other way. Always lines up on the same side of the field. Doesn't matter if he's playing Calvin Johnson. If Johnson is on the left, Sherman is still on the right.
Pretty sure I saw somewhere that last week Sherman moved around....might have been during highlights....can anyone back this?

This.
You are the Rhythmdoctor and you say this?......ODB is what it is.....Shimmy Shimmy Ya!On a side note...Sherman shuts him down but Beckham is soon to be a beast.
This.
You are the Rhythmdoctor and you say this?......ODB is what it is.....Shimmy Shimmy Ya!On a side note...Sherman shuts him down but Beckham is soon to be a beast.
I don't think it matters....Sherman will play against the Off biggest threat.....Randle?lol....Donnell? not likely. ODB? you betcha
Sorry, but this is just flat out wrong. Sherman is NOT a shadow CB. He strictly plays the same side of the field. Seattle does not scheme this way and has never used Sherman in any other way. Always lines up on the same side of the field. Doesn't matter if he's playing Calvin Johnson. If Johnson is on the left, Sherman is still on the right.
Why he's not the best corner in the league.

Small fast receivers usually put up good numbers against Seattle, see T.Y. Hilton, DeSean Jackson, etc... I think ODB fits that profile. Reuben Randle gets shut down by Sherman.

Small fast receivers usually put up good numbers against Seattle, see T.Y. Hilton, DeSean Jackson, etc... I think ODB fits that profile. Reuben Randle gets shut down by Sherman.
i expect the Seahawks to jump on the Giants early and play with a big lead. Coughlin and Eli won't back quit though. Garbage time will keep Odell valuable.

Seattle D isn't that scary. If people weren't valuing them based on last year's performance and this year's ADP, I don't think there'd be half as much concern.

Why wouldn't the Giants do what the Packers did? Send your worst WR at Sherman all day and throw elsewhere? In that game all Boykin did was occupy Sherman. 0 targets for Boykin. Cobb had a good game, Nelson had an OK game. Giants passing offense is nowhere near the Packers but they're going to score some fantasy points and they'll probably go to Beckham.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seattle D isn't that scary. If people weren't valuing them based on last year's performance and this year's ADP, I don't think there'd be half as much concern.

Why wouldn't the Giants do what the Packers did? Send your worst WR at Sherman all day and throw elsewhere? In that game all Boykin did was occupy Sherman. 0 targets for Boykin. Cobb had a good game, Nelson had an OK game. Giants passing offense is nowhere near the Packers but they're going to score some fantasy points and they'll probably go to Beckham.
well, the Giants have been struggling of late. the o-line has been pretty suspect and the running game has been crud with jennings out. it sets up nicely for seattle.

chad in Indy said:
DaWidowMaker said:
chad in Indy said:
DaWidowMaker said:
Rhythmdoctor said:
This.

chad in Indy said:
DaWidowMaker said:
Rhythmdoctor said:
This.

Maybe not. I thought I saw a quote or interview with Sherman where he explained why he stays on his side, where he basically said shadowing the opponent's best WR would be disrespectful to Byron Maxwell...as it would imply that Maxwell can't cover that guy. Maxwell has been out the last three weeks, and I thought I heard Sherman has been moving around. I didn't see the games, so anyone who knows please clarify. Also, FYI, Pete Carroll said Maxwell "might" be back this week.

chad in Indy said:
DaWidowMaker said:
chad in Indy said:
DaWidowMaker said:
Rhythmdoctor said:
This.

chad in Indy said:
DaWidowMaker said:
Rhythmdoctor said:
This.

Maybe not. I thought I saw a quote or interview with Sherman where he explained why he stays on his side, where he basically said it would be disrespectful to Byron Maxwell...as it would imply that Maxwell can't cover the other team's best WR. Maxwell has been out the last three weeks, and I thought I heard Sherman has been moving around. I didn't see the games, so anyone who knows please clarify. Also, FYI, Pete Carroll said Maxwell "might" be back this week.
Yeah when they played the Cowboys and Maxwell got hurt he was shadowing Dez and did pretty good all things considered. It seems like he has been moving around a bit more due to injuries.

Thanks for that. If Sherman shadows OBJ, bad for OBJ. The return of Maxwell would probably be generally bad news for all the Giants.

I love OBJ's outlook ROS, but would might expect only WR3 numbers this week @SEA.

Don't the Seahawks generally play press coverage? I'm sure they will try the same with OBJ and as a rookie with only a couple of starts under his belt, he may struggle this week. Either way I'm starting him as my WR3 in ppr

Don't the Seahawks generally play press coverage? I'm sure they will try the same with OBJ and as a rookie with only a couple of starts under his belt, he may struggle this week. Either way I'm starting him as my WR3 in ppr

He's sitting in my flex position just now but I would be lying if i said i didn't have my doubts for this week. The alternative is West and unfortunately, a decision has to be made by tonight #hatethursdayfootball

Trying to decide between OBJ and Sanu tonight. I freaking hate these Thursday games.
Based on what OdB has shown the past two games, I think he has a higher ceiling, especially with AJ at full health in Cincy. The Giants/Eli would be craZy to not try and get the ball in this kids hands at least 10 times this week.

I've got Sanu in over Beckam Jr. Felt pretty good about it, too. Dang you guys...... but I think I'm sticking with Sanu. My last minute changes always stink and I'm a 20 point favorite. Sanu has been too good all season.

Sherman's pride will have him all over Beckham. he might play a side, it might be zone, but when Sherman gets fired up he's all over a defender and if I'm not mistaken Carroll likes that enthusiasm and has zero issue with it.

The NYG/GB offense has so many quick passes, their awesome DL doesn't give a QB any time really, so Sherman can't really sit back either.

Beckham runs some real crisp routes and uses his body better than most veterans.

I want to see this matchup and hope the TV camera crew lets us see it often.

My thinking has always been if some WR can light up Sherman that whole D will fall apart. Teams don't try this, but some day, some team will. Til that day, I guess the Gmen take a few chances at Sherman but otherwise beckham is on an island and the rest will be utilized.

I'm going with Harvin and Mike Wallace over him...I'm not sure if that's a mistake or not. :/

Am I incorrect in thinking that the Seahawks had more trouble with small fast receivers? Sanders had 11-149 against the Seahawks earlier. I know Eli isn't Peyton, but I recall before that game some posts about the small quick WRs being the ones they had trouble with than the bigger guys.

My problem is more with other options that I think could do well, like Evans, Decker and Harvin. I think I will stick with him because I think he is a key component in the Giants offense, i.e. they can't win without him getting lots of looks.

I really want to start ODB this week, but I just don't trust that Giants offense at Seatlle. I have both Roddy White (mehhh) & Brandin Cooks (beast at home) in over ODB.

Startong him over Fred Jackson and Davante Adams with confidence. Since the two games Cruz has been out he has produced like a WR1 and actually looked like a WR1 last week. By far the best offensive weapon the Giants have.

I just replaced Brandin Cooks, starting ODB instead. Screw it. I know the matchup is bad, but I just have to believe McAdoo/Eli know that they need to get the ball to ODB.

I'm going with Harvin and Mike Wallace over him...I'm not sure if that's a mistake or not. :/
For what it's worth, Bloom told me ODB over Wallace.... ahhhhhh, I think I'm gonna do it

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=720253&page=3#entry17449500
Thanks for this. Bloom rated Beckham much, much higher than Dodds did. And I always respect Bloom's ratings. But the disparity here and fantasy pros along with Beckham's tough matchup was awful tough for me to ignore. I'm prepared to get burnt with that line of logic though!

Went with OBJ over Fitzgerald and MBryant. Feels like he has the higher ceiling and I need a home run after Green and Sanu sh!t the bed this week :-/

With all the bye weeks id love to know wtf you started over him this week. Hes a stud and was my WR1 this week. Didnt even think about benching him.

With all the bye weeks id love to know wtf you started over him this week. Hes a stud and was my WR1 this week. Didnt even think about benching him.
He's in my lineup, but I could only start 2 of ODB, Roddy & Brandin Cooks. I've talked ish on Roddy all season, but I couldn't bench him against Tampa, so I benched Cooks, but it wasn't a slam dunk for me given the "Cooks is a stud at home" theory/fact + ODB's supposed tough matchup.

Rotoworld:

Odell Beckham caught seven passes for 108 yards in Sunday's 38-17 Week 10 loss at Seattle.

In Seattle where wideouts typically go to die, Beckham was truly impressive. He beat Richard Sherman on a double-move early on for a pretty 44-yard catch and continued to win 1-on-1 battles against all of Seattle's corners from there. Over the last three weeks, Beckham has totaled 19 catches for 298 yards with two touchdowns. The No. 13 overall pick is even better than advertised and will be Eli Manning's go-to guy against the 49ers in Week 11. ODB is a WR2 weekly now.

Nov 9 - 7:31 PM

Guy is pretty overrated right now imo, I certainly wouldn't be spending a 1st round NFL pick on him anyway. He's got some nice skills, but he's only 5'11 and doesn't play as fast as his timed 40 imo, and he's pretty unlikely to ever put up consistently high TD numbers because of it. Should be a nice productive player, but I don't anticipate stardom in his future barring he ends up in an especially ideal situation. If he ends up at somewhere like Kansas City I'd stay far far away from Beckham in fantasy leagues.
Nice call.

ODB just seems like a warrior, Steve smith esque without KOing his teammates part. It's no wonder he broke cooper manning's once untouchable high school receiving records. Eli chose his new toy wisely, hopefully Cruz comes back full strength and this oline gets fixed and we can see some real fireworks

Much better game than I expected in Seattle vs those CBs. If Eli throws that interception on the outside vs the inside and Beckham probably scores a td on the play. The kid runs great routes, terrific leaping ability, lightning fast and unreal hands. Gonna be an awesome player.

He's Antonio Brown, with arguably better ball skills when its in the air (I think OBJ highpoints it better than AB does). AB might be slightly better with it in his hands though, but thats nitpicking. No way would I rank them close to the same right now, but we are getting good glimpses into this kids future and boy does he shine.

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
every week must start from here on out. WR2 with WR1 stud potential, especially with the Giants D being this bad.

Users who are viewing this thread