What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (3 Viewers)

Kansas City Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice is under investigation for allegedly hitting a photographer at a club in Dallas early Monday, police sources say.

Dallas police sources say officers are interviewing witnesses about the incident that allegedly happened Monday at 609 N. Harwood Street, which is the address of Lit Kitchen.

Last month, Rice turned himself into police in connection to his involvement in a multi-vehicle crash on U.S. 75 in Dallas in late March.

Records show that, after Dallas Police announced Rice would face charges for his involvement in that crash, Rice turned himself in to the Glenn Heights Police Department and was taken to the DeSoto Jail, where his bond was set at $40,000.

His attorney, state Sen. Royce West, issued a statement after Rice turned himself in, saying that, "Mr. Rashee Rice turned himself in today and was released on bond. I want to re-emphasis Mr. Rice's continued cooperation with law enforcement. Mr. Rice acknowledges his actions and feels deeply for those injured as a result of this accident. Our legal team is now tasked with reviewing all legal documents."

Rice, 23, faces eight charges in that case – six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury, and one count of aggravated assault, according to the warrant. All of the charges are felonies.

Collision involving injury carries a penalty of imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for not more than five years or confinement in the county jail for not more than one year, a fine not to exceed $5,000, or both.

Collision involving serious bodily injury – a third-degree felony – carries a punishment of imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice of not more than 10 years or less than 2 years. Aggravated assault – a second-degree felony – is punishable by two to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

This obviously could be a nothing- he pushed some guy out of this way and the guy is trying to get some attention or come up with a BS lawsuit. Or alternatively Rice could have blew his jaw out and be facing serious consequences.
Probably started out with the other party trying to cause **** with a NFL player - usually does more often than not. But Rashee needs to realize he can't afford anything further negative/damaging and needs to get out of there.

Why put yourself in this spot in the first place? Some celebrities/stars/professional players do a good job staying out of trouble and flying low. Others bring it on themselves. seems like he's a guy that can't stay out of trouble - even if he didn't start it.

Yikes, you would think he would really want to lay low after the car incident.
Like, why even go to a club at this point? What an absolute idiot.
We know why. Just couldn’t help himself I suppose. I get it, he’s 24 and has money, wants to have fun. Unfortunately he doesn’t seem to have anyone in his corner who can tell him no.

eh - the lawsuit thing is not shocking. Preservation is common and casts a wide net.

the photographer story seems overblown

I just cant shake that Deshaun Watson got less than a season with all that craziness - I still think he'll pay them off civilly, get probation as its a slap on the wrist and wind up being suspended 6-8 games which will get cut down a bit on appeal. Not great but not career altering - id still buy low

Feels like we knew this based on their 1st round draft pick.

Had Rice not been involved in this, I doubt they take a WR in the 1st after bringing in Hollywood in FA.

I don't really think the Worthy pick was driven by Rice's legal problems. The Niners took a WR even with one of the best offenses in the league, including two star WRs and a star TE. Brown is on a 1-year deal, and Worthy overlaps with Brown more than he does with Rice.

Had Rice not been involved in this, I doubt they take a WR in the 1st after bringing in Hollywood in FA.

I don't really think the Worthy pick was driven by Rice's legal problems. The Niners took a WR even with one of the best offenses in the league, including two star WRs and a star TE. Brown is on a 1-year deal, and Worthy overlaps with Brown more than he does with Rice.
Niners have an out on Deebo next year though, and there was still a chance headed to the 2nd round that they dealt Aiyuk.

I see the Chiefs situation as vastly different since they just signed Brown in FA.

Yikes, you would think he would really want to lay low after the car incident.
Like, why even go to a club at this point? What an absolute idiot.

This cannot be stressed enough...with all that is going on you are out at a club on a Monday night...wow...just wow...this kid is a bigger moron then we thought and that is saying a lot.

Last edited:
Kansas City Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice under investigation for alleged nightclub assault, Dallas police say

DALLAS — Kansas City Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice is under investigation for allegedly hitting a photographer at a club in Dallas early Monday, police sources say.

Dallas police sources say officers are interviewing witnesses about the incident that allegedly happened Monday at 609 N. Harwood Street, which is the address of Lit Kitchen.
Jiminy Christmas, what the bleep?!

The interesting thing to me is where/how Rice wins, versus how Hollywood and Worthy win.

Assuming Rice is suspended (a safe bet at this point) I think the real winner could be Travis Kelce, who people seem to be wanting to get out on because of his age. He didn't look like a guy losing a step to me. His performance in the playoffs showed he's still the best of the best. 7-71 (in amputation cold) 5-75-2, 11-116-1, 9-93.

Kelce was going 8th overall in drafts last year, He's going at the 3/4 turn in early drafts, and he'll likely have more room to operate this season, along with last year kinda being a fluky low TD season for Mahomes.

Kelce was going 8th overall in drafts last year, He's going at the 3/4 turn in early drafts, and he'll likely have more room to operate this season
I agree folks are writing him off too soon, and he’ll be worth the ADP and then some.

He was covered pretty well by SF until the injury bug struck. He went ham against a screen door after that.

But yeah he’s not done. If I had him I’d probably ride him into the sunset like a good luck charm.

From what I've read, not saying there's any confirmation but it sounds like the guy got in his face and he brushed/pushed him away, seems like a nothing burger.

It's 2024, what have we learned about media manipulation. The previous incident is what everything hangs on and it's not great but I don't think this adds anything on top of that. Now, why was he out at a club etc., I get all that, bad choices.

It's 2024, what have we learned about media manipulation. The previous incident is what everything hangs on and it's not great but I don't think this adds anything on top of that. Now, why was he out at a club etc., I get all that, bad choices.

you don't think that MORE police contact, while you're being charged with seperate felonies (plural) won't weigh on Roger's decision?

Absolutely ecstatic I traded for him for 2 2nds and Gabe Davis. Just got to ride it out and hope a year from now it’s all in the rear view mirror.

I don't even know why this guys is even leaving his house at this point
However, I doubt this incident changes much UNLESS theres a video leak
I would be sitting so close to the cross that trainers would have to pull splinters from my butt prior to training camp. This latest claim may not factor much into any suspension, but you must question Rice's maturity and decision-making. Rice just can't seem to help himself. smh

The Chiefs said last Friday they were expecting a lengthy suspension and that's because they knew from their own internal findings and Goodell's likely ruling

can't quite get on board with this....Brown was signed to a one year deal....MVS is gone, so is Hardman...who knows what will happen with Toney and they can't count on him.....heck there was a lot of talk about them going WR even before all the Rice stuff and after signing Brown...a lot had to do with the fact that KC is always at the bottom of the draft and this class was WR heavy and that was where they could actually pick up some value at the end of round one....any other "needs" they had could be addressed later or through FA.....WR was definitely in play before all this...

The Chiefs said last Friday they were expecting a lengthy suspension and that's because they knew from their own internal findings and Goodell's likely ruling

can't quite get on board with this....Brown was signed to a one year deal....MVS is gone, so is Hardman...who knows what will happen with Toney and they can't count on him.....heck there was a lot of talk about them going WR even before all the Rice stuff and after signing Brown...a lot had to do with the fact that KC is always at the bottom of the draft and this class was WR heavy and that was where they could actually pick up some value at the end of round one....any other "needs" they had could be addressed later or through FA.....WR was definitely in play before all this...
The trade-up may have been influenced.

I dunno, just spitballing. I think KC is hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

The interesting thing to me is where/how Rice wins, versus how Hollywood and Worthy win.

Assuming Rice is suspended (a safe bet at this point) I think the real winner could be Travis Kelce, who people seem to be wanting to get out on because of his age. He didn't look like a guy losing a step to me. His performance in the playoffs showed he's still the best of the best. 7-71 (in amputation cold) 5-75-2, 11-116-1, 9-93.

Kelce was going 8th overall in drafts last year, He's going at the 3/4 turn in early drafts, and he'll likely have more room to operate this season, along with last year kinda being a fluky low TD season for Mahomes.

And let's also remember that Kelce suffered a knee sprain in preseason, which probably hampered him for a good portion of the season, especially early on when many were blaming his age for the lost step. The age concerns will likely depress his value a bit (like into round 2) this year, but if Rice is out, I completely agree with you that Kelce's stats should receive the biggest bump, especially with two legit deep threats now on the outside.

Let’s see if KC brings in another receiver in the next ~3-4 weeks. That could be telling - if a Hunter Renfrow type signs it might could signal a longer than expected absence for Rice.

I’m sticking with 8 weeks for the moment. IMO, the utter lack of accountability by fleeing the scene is the worst thing about this from the NFL’s perspective.

I don't own him so I don't know if I would sell in dynasty at this point or not.

I do know I won't be buying him. He's achieved knucklehead status and I don't want to deal with that headache for years to come. Maybe he escapes these 2 incidents, but what about the next incident? You know more is coming eventually.

From what I've read, not saying there's any confirmation but it sounds like the guy got in his face and he brushed/pushed him away, seems like a nothing burger.

The problem for Rice is that while he may only have "pushed" him (how hard? Who knows at this point), with the trouble he's already in he should have had the common sense to avoid these situations. That's what you're supposed to do - NOT put yourself in that situations. It shows a lack of maturity and poor decision making on his part which doesn't bode well for his future. It also shows he didn't learn anything from his previous, more serious incidient.

I don't own him so I don't know if I would sell in dynasty at this point or not.

I do know I won't be buying him. He's achieved knucklehead status and I don't want to deal with that headache for years to come. Maybe he escapes these 2 incidents, but what about the next incident? You know more is coming eventually.
Yep. I used that exact phrase when I made a modest offer for him in a 16-team league. Dude countered for more and I basically said i was tryna buy on the dip, but if he wanted full value, I really don’t want to overspend on a knucklehead.

Yep. I used that exact phrase when I made a modest offer for him in a 16-team league. Dude countered for more and I basically said i was tryna buy on the dip, but if he wanted full value, I really don’t want to overspend on a knucklehead.

I traded a 2.12 for him and if he is suspended less than a year i will keep him but if he is suspended for the season I will admit defeat and just dump him for faab to a rebuilding team.

The problem for Rice is that while he may only have "pushed" him (how hard? Who knows at this point), with the trouble he's already in he should have had the common sense to avoid these situations. That's what you're supposed to do - NOT put yourself in that situations. It shows a lack of maturity and poor decision making on his part which doesn't bode well for his future. It also shows he didn't learn anything from his previous, more serious incidient.
From what I read today, once again not confirmed but allegedly there's two eye witnesses that say there was no physical contact only verbal. We'll see when more details come out. If there was physical contact I'd expect Rice would be charged with simple assault or something like that. If it was verbal only I'd expect nothing to come of it. Now, that's not saying this is still a bad look and Rice should be quarantining like this is spring 2020 Covid

If true, plus the original racing/crash I don't see how he plays this year. He obviously didn't learn from the first mistake (which was massive in itself).

Rashee's fall guy is asleep on the job.

unfortunately this thug life mentality is often accepted and in fact encouraged in many ways by many prominent players in the NFL.....ala Hall of Famers Chris Carter and Warren Sapp and their famous "fall guy" speech to rookies....so should we really be surprised these things keep happening.....certain segments of the players think this is an absolutely ok way to live your best life....unfortunately it may start with a lack of good parenting or role models at an early age, whatever....these guys getting put on pedestals from jr high through high school...let alone college where its gets worse and actually going to class is a joke, etc...then they get some money and have guys like Carter and Sapp perpetuating the lifestyle...if they show incredible athletic ability and don't get any direction, often there is nobody there to say "just stop!!!...that's not how you do things"....hell I wonder where Rice's agent was after the initial incident....even he doesn't step in and say hey bro, time to go on lockdown for awhile....dude should be fired....that's not to bail out Rice, a grown man, for his decisions....but if his agent let's him continue to act a fool, he is either not giving good advice, or he is and it's not being heard, or he is giving bad advice....not sure I look for Rice's agent to be the agent of my kid, so to speak....as the driver, when he left the scene of the accident that's all I really needed to hear...I don't care if you were scared or whatever....cut him....if it comes back to bite you when he signs with somebody else....oh well....so be it...

Last edited:
Rashee's fall guy is asleep on the job.

unfortunately this thug life mentality is often accepted and in fact encouraged in many ways by many prominent players in the NFL.....ala Hall of Famers Chris Carter and Warren Sapp and their famous "fall guy" speech to rookies....so should we really be surprised these things keep happening.....certain segments of the players think this is an absolutely ok way to live your best life....unfortunately it may start with a lack of good parenting or role models at an early age, whatever....these guys getting put on pedestals from jr high through high school...let alone college where its gets worse and actually going to class is a joke, etc...then they get some money and have guys like Carter and Sapp perpetuating the lifestyle...if they show incredible athletic ability and don't get any direction, often there is nobody there to say "just stop!!!...that's not how you do things"....hell I wonder where Rice's agent was after the initial incident....even he doesn't step in and say hey bro, time to go on lockdown for awhile....dude should be fired....that's not to bail out Rice, a grown man, for his decisions....but if his agent let's him continue to act a fool, he is either not giving good advice, or he is and it's not being heard, or he is giving bad advice....not sure I look for Rice's agent to be the agent of my kid, so to speak....as the driver, when he left the scene of the accident that's all I really needed to hear...I don't care if you were scared or whatever....cut him....if it comes back to bite you when he signs with somebody else....oh well....so be it...
That is a lot to put on Rice's agent. I am sure he and Rice's lawyer gave him advice to chill out and be a boy scout, stay in the crib, etc. It's not so easy to tell a 24 year old what to do. Even tougher when he's wealthy, entitled and paying your salary.

Users who are viewing this thread