What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (1 Viewer)

Someone got to the guy and bought him off?
I predicted this the second the news broke. Paying off a dude before charges are pressed is the way of life for these dudes.

His attorneys will likely attempt to do the same with his accident victims.

And it’s also possible the ins companies will settle with him.

It’s still going to cost him a small fortune.
Yeah, he is going to get off LOL.. Going to be so sickening when it happens..

Rice, getting off.. Cam Sutton getting off.. OJ set the prime for athletes, and it continues.

From Ben to Kobe, all of them should have been in jail.

Funny the dude almost killed someone, injured someone, and there are those who are already hero worshipping him.
That’s a significant stretch, and a total mischaracterization of responses in this topic.

I’m hardly “hero worshiping” by describing the legal process and speculating on what’s likely to happen. That comes off as ad hominem.

Cmon.
Where did I you, and where did I say here? There are a bunch of others boards and forums and social media this is being talked about.
I assumed you were talking about me since you replied to a post of someone quoting my input.

Perhaps I was mistaken. If so, my bad.

Charges apparently dropped:

Definitely bought off or threatened. No way this happens without something like that.
Yep, he needed it to go away FAST. Had to get rid of the easy one. Curious how much it co$t. Rice might need a 2nd job to pay off all these problems.

Multi-car crash with multiple people injured will be a bit more pricey.

Anyone have any indication (or realistic clue) on….

(1) When the court gets involved?

(2) Will the NFL get involved only after the courts?

(3) Is there a decent chance nothing gets resolved before the upcoming season starts?

(3) Is there a decent chance nothing gets resolved before the upcoming season
Everything will be dropped, he will face civil lawsuits, but the KC Owner will handle most of that like he put pressure on the Governor to pardon the coaches son after he severely put a 5 year old in a coma..

The NFL will also do nothing..

Last edited:
Sickening that this guy is going to get off and be hero worshipped after what he did.
Depends on your definition of “get off” is.

We don’t actually know yet. He could be financially ruined, serve jail time, and be suspended.

Or he could just be financially ruined and suspended.

Or financially inconvenienced & suspended.

He’s going to be punished. I wouldn’t exactly call that getting off. All due respect, but I think that’s an erroneous presumption.
Karl hates the Chiefs so you have to take that into consideration when he posts....
No I hate criminals who commit crime and after a huge catch its all forgotten who they really are..

Funny the dude almost killed someone, injured someone, and there are those who are already hero worshipping him.
so you don't hate the chiefs?....your posts here and in other threads involving chiefs... and raiders (IIRC) ....seem to have a slant that way....apologies if I am wrong....like I'm not afraid to admit the fact that I have a strong dislike for the broncos and raiders....let's just be up front if there is sometimes a bias behind our posts...:shrug:

Everything will be dropped, he will face civil lawsuits, but the KC Owner will handle most of that like he put pressure on the Governor to pardon the coaches son after he severely put a 5 year old in a coma..

can you post where you got the info of him putting pressure on the Governor.....will hang up up and listen

can you post where you got the info of him putting pressure on the Governor.....will hang up up and listen
GTFO with this.. Parsons is a KC ST holder and there has been times he is in the box with Clark Hunt.. Put 2 and 2 together for once..

I am glad your outrage isn't about your Football coach's son putting a 5 year old in a coma after driving drunk and going 20 miles over the speed limit and only serving 16 months..

I think we can all agree the legal system is totally different when you have a ton of money. It's not just athletes who can pay to make matters disappear. I don't know if @karl.Racki has a beef with the Chiefs, and don't really care, because I share in his anger. But I don't think anyone in here has "hero worshipped" Rice as Karl has suggested... yet. That time will come when he catches his first pass during an actual game.

I think we can all agree the legal system is totally different when you have a ton of money. It's not just athletes who can pay to make matters disappear. I don't know if @karl.Racki has a beef with the Chiefs, and don't really care, because I share in his anger. But I don't think anyone in here has "hero worshipped" Rice as Karl has suggested... yet. That time will come when he catches his first pass during an actual game.
I have said the hero worshipping is not so much here, but on other sites like reddit, X, KC forums.. People think what he did was ok tbh...

But I am just pissed cause I always think of the victim in these cases, the lesser folks who lives may have changed and there will be no punishment, it will sicken me when the outrage stops after he makes his first big catch.

And no I don't hate KC, I think they are a damn good team and have solid dudes, but like alot of teams they have their scumbags.

I have said the hero worshipping is not so much here, but on other sites like reddit, X, KC forums.. People think what he did was ok tbh...

But I am just pissed cause I always think of the victim in these cases, the lesser folks who lives may have changed and there will be no punishment, it will sicken me when the outrage stops after he makes his first big catch.

And no I don't hate KC, I think they are a damn good team and have solid dudes, but like alot of teams they have their scumbags.
Unless he's on your fantasy team :wink:

All joking aside, there has been only 1 player I refused to roster, and that was Michael Vick. To this day, I'd still pay to watch him lathered in gravy in a cage full of rabid dogs.

People think what he did was ok tbh...
I’m surprised if anyone thinks what he did was ok. Clearly not. However I don’t understand reacting as if he killed someone - just because his actions were so dumb he could have. He’s lucky he didn’t, and is obviously facing charges for the criminal acts he did commit. He’s also probably half spent his next contract.

All joking aside, there has been only 1 player I refused to roster, and that was Michael Vick. To this day, I'd still pay to watch him lathered in gravy in a cage full of rabid dogs.
I really think Vick regrets what he did, paid his dues, took ownership of it, and tried to make amends. I’m always willing to give a guy like that a second chance. I know I’ve needed some grace in my life here and there.

I really think Vick regrets what he did, paid his dues, took ownership of it, and tried to make amends. I’m always willing to give a guy like that a second chance. I know I’ve needed some grace in my life here and there.
Did you just say "second chance"? Really? Vick maintained a secret dogfighting ring for 6 years! Hundreds, if not thousands of dogs died violent deaths, and some directly by the hands of Vick himself. His second chance expired the minute the 2nd dog did. He deserves about as much grace as was given to the dogs that were drowned, strangled, electrocuted, hanged, shot, or any other type of death.

Vick only regrets getting caught, because it cost him 2 years salary in his prime
Vick didn't pay his dues. In fact, he came back to the NFL and made another 57 million dollars after getting caught
Vick didn't take ownership for what he did. He tried to say his relatives were the cause, until it was proven he had his hands in it.

Some things are just unforgivable, and for every person, the line in the sand is different. For me, Vick went so far over the line, nothing he can say or do will ever change that.

I’m surprised if anyone thinks what he did was ok. Clearly not. However I don’t understand reacting as if he killed someone - just because his actions were so dumb he could have. He’s lucky he didn’t, and is obviously facing charges for the criminal acts he did commit. He’s also probably half spent his next contract.
Dude, you are pretty much saying it was ok cause he didn't kill someone LOL.. He committed several crimes in a matter of minutes, and hurt someone. I never understood the "At least he didn't kill someone" debate.

Dude, you are pretty much saying it was ok cause he didn't kill someone LOL.. He committed several crimes in a matter of minutes, and hurt someone. I never understood the "At least he didn't kill someone" debate.
So do you condemn someone that was going 30 mph in a 25 and caused an accident? What about 70 in a 55? Is it 80? 90? only 100? What if the injury is a broken arm? A laceration for 5 stiches? Do you punish them because they could have killed someone?

The consequences should be reflective of the outcome otherwise anybody that gets a ticket for speeding or running a red light or whatever traffic violation could have killed someone. It seems like you want them punished for what could have happened over what did happen. That seems wrong.

People do stupid stuff. Sometimes they get a second chance to learn from their mistakes not to ever do it again because the actual outcome didn't result in the worst case scenario. If punishment was doled out because of what could have happened their would be a heck of a lot more people in jail.

A lot of money and stupid people is like oil and water, they don't mix. Kind of like those who win the lottery and are broke or dead in just a few years. See David Lee Edwards. These types are a product of their environment and it doesn't matter how much money you give them they are doomed to fail.

Last edited:
So do you condemn someone that was going 30 mph in a 25 and caused an accident? What about 70 in a 55? Is it 80? 90? only 100? What if the injury is a broken arm? A laceration for 5 stiches? Do you punish them because they could have killed someone?
Well, he was recklessly racing at 113 miles and hour and was the car that caused the accident when he slammed into the Corvette as he tried a video game move, not just speeding, so yeah, the punishment should be much greater than just going over the speed limit.

Add in that he walked away and left two vehicles on the side of the freeway, which is a felony. Although not illegal, he also failed to check to see if he had seriously injured or even killed somebody, so there's the DB element to consider.

No, he shouldn't be punished as if he killed someone, but he should be punished more than the financial hit he will take.

Well, he was recklessly racing at 113 miles and hour and was the car that caused the accident when he slammed into the Corvette as he tried a video game move, not just speeding, so yeah, the punishment should be much greater than just going over the speed limit.
Agreed. I never said anything about getting only speeding charges. He should have to face all charges based on the results of his actions.......just not the "what could have happened" of his actions.

A lot of money and a stupid people is like oil and water, they don't mix. Kind of like those who win the lottery and are broke or dead in just a few years. See David Lee Edwards. These types are a product of their environment and it doesn't matter how much money you give them they are doomed to fail.
Want to bet? The usual amount?

A lot of money and a stupid people is like oil and water, they don't mix. Kind of like those who win the lottery and are broke or dead in just a few years. See David Lee Edwards. These types are a product of their environment and it doesn't matter how much money you give them they are doomed to fail.
Wut?
(movie reference)

Randolph, Mortimer, Louis, Billy Ray?

Wut?
(movie reference)

Randolph, Mortimer, Louis, Billy Ray?
Got it, $1.

GTFO with this.. Parsons is a KC ST holder and there has been times he is in the box with Clark Hunt.. Put 2 and 2 together for once..

I am glad your outrage isn't about your Football coach's son putting a 5 year old in a coma after driving drunk and going 20 miles over the speed limit and only serving 16 months..

taken directly from the article you posted:

"In a statement to ESPN last week, Parson's office said, "No request, official or otherwise, was made on behalf of Mr. Reid for this commutation."

Parson's office told ESPN in a statement that Reid met parole eligibility requirements."

I think it is terrible what Reid's son did and what happened.....never said anything different about that. I think it is terrible anytime somebody drives drunk and injures innocent people. Doesn't matter who it is, a coaches son, my son, your son, the mailman, a local construction worker....doesn't matter. I was just wondering if you had proof of what you said, which you don't so it is just speculation and your opinion putting two and two together....which is fine.

You inferred that the same thing will happen with Rice and "everything will be dropped"....and the "NFL will also do nothing"....again your opinion and that's fine .... (I think most disagree)....I think most agree he will get a suspension of some length....so the NFL will do something.....it may not be enough for YOU....but they will do something....but the way you made these comments seemed like a lot of rage/anger was coming out and you weren't really meaning what you typed....

"In a statement to ESPN last week, Parson's office said, "No request, official or otherwise, was made on behalf of Mr. Reid for this commutation."

Parson's office told ESPN in a statement that Reid met parole eligibility requirements."

Do you know when to tell when a politician is lying?

When his lips are moving.

Parole eligibility? 16 months for putting a 5 year old in a coma?

from YOUR article:

"Mr. Reid was sentenced to three years in a correctional facility with the eligibility for parole after serving 33 percent of his sentence (1 year in this case). Mr. Reid served one year and four months. He will serve the remainder of his sentence under house arrest until October 31, 2025, with strict conditions."

You can say his time in prison/jail wasn't long enough all you want.....and I probably agree.....don't know what the right amount would have been....but we don't get to decide that....the courts do....and based on his sentence, he was parole eligible....whether you think Clark Hunt had something to with this doesn't matter as the system dictates the timelines....

The Chiefs need to take a page out of the Packers' playbook, and make it their mission to get their players and coaches away from vehicles, and onto bicycles. Make the world a safer place!
:suds:
:drive:
:tfp:

:wall:
🚒
:construction:
:scream:
:crying:
😭

If there's video of Rashee leaving the scene, maybe there's video of who caused the pile up?
I could be wrong, but I thought someone posted it was Rice's car that caused the wreck and the video showed it.
Yep

The Lamborghini initiated the contact and Rice was behind the wheel. To be fair, If the Lamborghini hadn't hit the SUV first, the Corvette probably would have, but Rice was the first to hit it.

If there's video of Rashee leaving the scene, maybe there's video of who caused the pile up?
I could be wrong, but I thought someone posted it was Rice's car that caused the wreck and the video showed it.
Yep

The Lamborghini initiated the contact and Rice was behind the wheel. To be fair, If the Lamborghini hadn't hit the SUV first, the Corvette probably would have, but Rice was the first to hit it.
I think it's going to be a long line of firsts for Rice. Or seconds, thirds, fourths.....

from YOUR article:

"Mr. Reid was sentenced to three years in a correctional facility with the eligibility for parole after serving 33 percent of his sentence (1 year in this case). Mr. Reid served one year and four months. He will serve the remainder of his sentence under house arrest until October 31, 2025, with strict conditions."

You can say his time in prison/jail wasn't long enough all you want.....and I probably agree.....don't know what the right amount would have been....but we don't get to decide that....the courts do....and based on his sentence, he was parole eligible....whether you think Clark Hunt had something to with this doesn't matter as the system dictates the timelines....
Can't believe you are arguing he served enough time for putting a 5 year old in a coma..

from YOUR article:

Can't believe you are arguing he served enough time for putting a 5 year old in a coma..
He literally did not argue that. In fact, he said the opposite of that.

“And I agree” [that the time served wasn’t enough].

Not naming names, just going to state.. Don't argue with the village idiot because onlookers have a hard time discerning the difference. Board is a better place when you click ignore on certain users when you can't resist replying to the bait. (fyi, i will not respond to any comments on this first part)

My attempt to add to the Rice thread... from a FF perspective he has fallen dramatically as expected. On Underdog, he's dropped from being taken around the 2/3 turn all the way down to 7/8 round in 12 team draft ADP 82.7 and falling. It'll be interesting to see how far he slides. Makes for a very interesting pick in middle rounds. A guy considered a bubble round 2 talent going that low could win someone $1.5 mil in BBMV tourney. Missing on an 8th round pick isn't good, but won't stick a fork in a well structured team.

WR taken in his range... JSN, Diontae, Hopkins, RICE, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Curtis Samuel, Sutton, Lockett

The real down side would be more negative news coming out to drop his ADP to the teens. Drafting Rice in May in the 8th, you'll be competing against teams who get him much later in July. Fun dance to find the sweet spot.

from YOUR article:

He literally did not argue that. In fact, he said the opposite of that.

“And I agree” [that the time served wasn’t enough].
the court didn't even decide this.. The governor did.. So he is wrong, and he is saying he served enough. The guy should have gotten life IMO.

Actually, he should have had to face street justice tbf. Poor little girl, life will probably never be the same.

Not naming names, just going to state.. Don't argue with the village idiot because onlookers have a hard time discerning the difference. Board is a better place when you click ignore on certain users when you can't resist replying to the bait. (fyi, i will not respond to any comments on this first part)

My attempt to add to the Rice thread... from a FF perspective he has fallen dramatically as expected. On Underdog, he's dropped from being taken around the 2/3 turn all the way down to 7/8 round in 12 team draft ADP 82.7 and falling. It'll be interesting to see how far he slides. Makes for a very interesting pick in middle rounds. A guy considered a bubble round 2 talent going that low could win someone $1.5 mil in BBMV tourney. Missing on an 8th round pick isn't good, but won't stick a fork in a well structured team.

WR taken in his range... JSN, Diontae, Hopkins, RICE, Christian Watson, Jameson Williams, Curtis Samuel, Sutton, Lockett

The real down side would be more negative news coming out to drop his ADP to the teens. Drafting Rice in May in the 8th, you'll be competing against teams who get him much later in July. Fun dance to find the sweet spot.
A quick peek at the FBG staff's current rankings, and you can see Rice dropping and Brown/Worthy rising. But I think none of the staff has Rice projected to miss half the season... yet.

A quick peek at the FBG staff's current rankings, and you can see Rice dropping and Brown/Worthy rising. But I think none of the staff has Rice projected to miss half the season... yet.
My favorite KC receivers are Marquis and Rice sans suspension. Feel their roles compliment each other and wont eat into each other's target share. Worthy excitement is high. Bought some shares in BBMV early. Think people are going to steam him up in drafts to a place I won't go. Feels like Worthy is as low as he's going to get unless he displays MVS hands in camp.

Good points.

And, if you can stomach having a huge knucklehead on your dynasty roster, his value has dropped to the point where it's like he had a foot amputated. In reality he's likely to miss 8 games.

That said, I fear it may have fallen so far that dynasty shareholders may simply hold instead of selling low. A sort of dynasty value horseshoe effect where he goes from a buy-low to an "owner won't sell that low".

It'll be interesting to see where his ADP falls when something concrete comes out.

My favorite KC receivers are Marquis and Rice sans suspension. Feel their roles compliment each other and wont eat into each other's target share. Worthy excitement is high. Bought some shares in BBMV early. Think people are going to steam him up in drafts to a place I won't go. Feels like Worthy is as low as he's going to get unless he displays MVS hands in camp.
My gut is telling me that Worthy's ascension to top 11 in rookie drafts is overvalued. As I'd mentioned previously, Rice will be back, they brought in Hollywood. Kelce is still the #1 target.

And there were some red-flags about Worthy pre-draft that he perhaps wasn't as complete a prospect as some of the other WRs. I am always weary of a player ascending up draft boards based more on opportunity that skill set. And in this case, we don't really know what that opportunity represents, and for how long. Could be tough to get a target share in that offense once they have everyone playing.

My gut is telling me that Worthy's ascension to top 11 in rookie drafts is overvalued. As I'd mentioned previously, Rice will be back, they brought in Hollywood. Kelce is still the #1 target.

And there were some red-flags about Worthy pre-draft that he perhaps wasn't as complete a prospect as some of the other WRs. I am always weary of a player ascending up draft boards based more on opportunity that skill set. And in this case, we don't really know what that opportunity represents, and for how long. Could be tough to get a target share in that offense once they have everyone playing.
Top 11 for superflex drafts? What league settings are you describing?

I did think Worthy got an inordinately large bump from breaking the 40 record (which is epic, yes, but one run only means so much for a football career). Was hearing a lot of "avoid avoid", then the combine happened and all of a sudden he was golden again. And KC drafting him kept the train going.

Yep

The Corvette hit the Lamborghini first according to the investigation report:

Crash Report

Top 11 for superflex drafts? What league settings are you describing?
Superflex rookie drafts. You may have missed that important word.

He went 14th in my 1st rookie draft, then 13th in another I saw, and then 11th this week in my 2-team rookie SF draft.

Again, not superflex drafts, ROOKIE drafts in that format.

Users who are viewing this thread