What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Romeo Doubs, GB (1 Viewer)

Just been offered two 2nds for him, 23 and 24 from a middling team.

What you reckon? Tough one, seems like a good deal for me but hard to pull the trigger and lose his potential.
Personally, I would reject the offer, although it is a worthy trade offer. Picks 23 and 24, even in what is projected as a deep class, are far from surefire picks. In Doubs, you have the potential of a weekly fantasy starter. Doubs could just as easily disappear as ascend as a weekly fantasy starter, but I would hold out for more, or just keep Doubs.

Sorry dude, these picks would be the 2023 and 2024 2nd rounders. Not picks 23 and 24.
I should have worked that out lol
That does make it a more attractive offer. This could be a sell-high window, or he could be the real deal. Doubs drew praise during TC and preseason, so this does not appear to be a fluke. He has enjoyed success at every level, and I would consider his ceiling very high.

I’m in on him in my dynasty league. Loved the preseason flash and hype. He reminds me of the GB WR prototype, Driver, Jennings, Adams, etc. Not physically imposing but very technical and with great ball skills.
this is where i’m at as well.

could very well see him in the davante adams possession type role (NO i am not saying he’s gonna be adams) with watson the down field mvs type and rodgers the next slot guy. if that plays out, i’m holding romeo for the ride!

I just dropped Drake London to pick him up. In a short bench league (with the only bench receiver I have been Godwin), I was starting London and so am starting Doubs.

I had a good debate with myself. I think it is a gamble on my part - Atlanta's clear wr1 for someone who might soon be GB's wr1. But I decided that gamble was wort it. If Doubs fulfills his potential, I'd much rather have GB's wr1 than Atlanta's.

I just dropped Drake London to pick him up. In a short bench league (with the only bench receiver I have been Godwin), I was starting London and so am starting Doubs.

I had a good debate with myself. I think it is a gamble on my part - Atlanta's clear wr1 for someone who might soon be GB's wr1. But I decided that gamble was wort it. If Doubs fulfills his potential, I'd much rather have GB's wr1 than Atlanta's.
That's ballsy and I wish you luck.

I would have been reluctant to make that move. It may work out. But its clear London is the #1 and he was just getting healthy at the start of the year. London is also averaging 13.4 yds per catch and Doubs is just under 10 ypc. Watson is still looming in the background for Doubs though I'm doubting Watson because of his hands. And if you are in to draft pedigree London is a first round pick.

Went for 35% of FAAB in my 12-team redraft.

In my 10-team 4-keeper auction league, I drafted him for $4 out of $250 and will start him at WR3 this week in place of Allen Robinson.

Interesting call. It is tough to do that now but that is the kind of move that pays off if you give it time. I do think the GB WR1 is far above Atlanta's. It may be a little before that happens. Last week was a very good start.

Picked him up dropping my kicker this week so far...but have a crowded bench especially with middling WRs. Just not sure I can hang on to him over others...which sucks.
Id love to be able to cut bait with DJ Moore instead. but will have to grab a kicker Doubs seems the odd man out (Gabe Davis, Curtis Samuel, Marquise Brown, DJ Moore, Brandin Cooks).

Went for 35% of FAAB in my 12-team redraft.

In my 10-team 4-keeper auction league, I drafted him for $4 out of $250 and will start him at WR3 this week in place of Allen Robinson.
I over bid for him in my 12 team redraft with 37% of FAAB. I’m 1-2 and and hurting bad at WR. He was released last week and a player of his potential value doesn’t come around often in my deep league. The talent pool in free agency has been super thin the last couple years so I‘m going to spend when the opportunity arises. The back up bid was 25%. I’ve seen defenses go for 20% in this league. you never know. It’s worth the price just to get Allen Robinson out of my lineup.

Picked him up dropping my kicker this week so far...but have a crowded bench especially with middling WRs. Just not sure I can hang on to him over others...which sucks.
Id love to be able to cut bait with DJ Moore instead. but will have to grab a kicker Doubs seems the odd man out (Gabe Davis, Curtis Samuel, Marquise Brown, DJ Moore, Brandin Cooks).
I love the potential but I wouldn’t keep him over those guy’s.

Got him for 22% FAB in a 12 team double flex league. Not sure if I want to start him or Zay Jones in my second flex. I just traded CEH and Lazard for J Chase so I really needed the depth. Pretty optimistic on his outlook, and think under 40% FAB is a good risk

I sold him for the two 2nds in 23 and 24. Couldn't turn down the value after paying a mid 3rd for him three games ago.

He might end up elite but seems a good bet that he doesn't. I'm also in a rebuild and when I potentially get good again in 2 or 3 seasons Rodgers may well have gone.

I sold him for the two 2nds in 23 and 24. Couldn't turn down the value after paying a mid 3rd for him three games ago.
In a couple of weeks, it's possible you could get a first for him. Obviously he could also fall flat on his face, but right now he's making a strong case to be Rodger's main target.

A few thoughts/observations -

Romeo Doubs | Every Play | Weeks 1 - 3

Positives:

- They are running a ton of designed plays for him - screens, quick outs/hitches, etc. This bodes very well for a floor of weekly targets.

- He has good quickness/speed and appears to be an excellent hands catcher.

- On more traditional routes, he does a great job using his hands to snag the ball, but isn't creating elite separation. The former appears to be more than adequately covering for the latter.

Negatives:

- In the earlier games, he clearly had timing issues with Rodgers on a few of the plays designed for him - only a negative if they pop up again.

- His frame isn't skinny, but it's not stout either. He could have issues with press and especially with bracket coverages, if defenses start treating him like the 1A option so many here are anointing him to be.

- He may be 1A in between the 20s, but I still foresee Lazard as the 1A in the RZ and GL.

- We have yet to see this offense this year with a fully healthy Lazard. If you think he's a JAG, then disregard this last item. I don't think he's a JAG - not a top-flight WR1, but dude is big and physical and dependable/trusted in high-leverage situations...

Allen Lazard | 2021 Full Season Highlights
Film Study: A NUMBER 1 WIDE RECEIVER? How good is Allen Lazard

No way I drop London.

Got him for 22% FAB in a 12 team double flex league. Not sure if I want to start him or Zay Jones in my second flex. I just traded CEH and Lazard for J Chase so I really needed the depth. Pretty optimistic on his outlook, and think under 40% FAB is a good risk

I'm really debating on dropping Brandin Cooks or Elijah Moore for him. Cooks has been a disappointment thus far and I don't see the Texans offense turning an edge at any point here, while Rodgers could lock on to Doubs for the remainder of the season and he could get me 20+ a game. I wouldn't call myself a Elijah Moore truther, but I think talent is there - where I think Cooks might be toward the end of the road. I'm also wondering if I am crazy... i'll see how I feel after a couple pops tonight watching the game.

I'm really debating on dropping Brandin Cooks or Elijah Moore for him. Cooks has been a disappointment thus far and I don't see the Texans offense turning an edge at any point here, while Rodgers could lock on to Doubs for the remainder of the season and he could get me 20+ a game. I wouldn't call myself a Elijah Moore truther, but I think talent is there - where I think Cooks might be toward the end of the road. I'm also wondering if I am crazy... i'll see how I feel after a couple pops tonight watching the game.
I thought about it with Cooks too. Still so many targets and he put up solid overall numbers last year. Problem is...he is also so apt to put up just flat out stinkers like last week and too many 40 yard no TD games. He should be more consistent than he is really.

I thought about it with Cooks too. Still so many targets and he put up solid overall numbers last year. Problem is...he is also so apt to put up just flat out stinkers like last week and too many 40 yard no TD games. He should be more consistent than he is really.
I agree - volume is volume and Cooks' 30 targets is promising, but if the offense isn't scoring points his upside is limited. Doubs getting 8 targets in a better offense seems appealing... I'll probably wait the week. Doubs will have a career game and I won't land him off waivers 😂

No way I drop London.
At least get something of value in a trade. No way should he be on the wire anywhere

“A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush” London is already better than Doubs. Doubs seems to have a safe floor with upside, but Watson looks to be a lot healthier this week and will take the edge off that Davante type upside, imho.

“A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush” London is already better than Doubs. Doubs seems to have a safe floor with upside, but Watson looks to be a lot healthier this week and will take the edge off that Davante type upside, imho.
Assuming that Godwin returns soon and is "himself" the rest of the season, either London or Doubs has a good chance of being on my bench most weeks (as mentioned this a short-bench league). Beyond that, as I mentioned. I know London is Atlanta's clear #1. I know that Doubs has proven and established... nothing. I know it is a gamble, I do that sometimes in this game we play, perhaps you do as well! :-)

Win or lose on the gamble, I will be ok with that.

No way I drop London.
At least get something of value in a trade. No way should he be on the wire anywhere
Valid point, but this league has almost zero trading. And with some of the teams hurting at wr, it was certain that someone would have claimed Doubs... and then he would be gone "forever" if he continues to ascend in Green Bay. I decided to take the "Lambeau" plunge. :)

I agree - volume is volume and Cooks' 30 targets is promising, but if the offense isn't scoring points his upside is limited. Doubs getting 8 targets in a better offense seems appealing... I'll probably wait the week. Doubs will have a career game and I won't land him off waivers 😂
Still wanting him...still not sure if I can afford to pick him up with the WRs I have...and now have to bring Brian Robinson and Dak off of IR.

Looking at that play, I would have called that a TD. I thought years ago they wanted the common person to be able to sit on our couch and say yep that looks like a catch or not. To me he caught it took two steps, crossed the goal line and then when he fell in the endzone the ball came out. I would say to this common man that was a catch.

I thought he had it tucked away and in control but nowadays the way they call it who knows. I think it's fair that a WR needs to hold onto it when going to the ground - the Dez catch was different because IMO Dez *clearly* had control *and* made a football move. With Romeo yesterday the control/football move happened while being tackled to the ground and while the ball was contested. I wouldn't have been overly surprised if they called it a TD but dang.

I thought he had it tucked away and in control but nowadays the way they call it who knows. I think it's fair that a WR needs to hold onto it when going to the ground - the Dez catch was different because IMO Dez *clearly* had control *and* made a football move. With Romeo yesterday the control/football move happened while being tackled to the ground and while the ball was contested. I wouldn't have been overly surprised if they called it a TD but dang.

I think they've changed the rules since the Dez catch/non-catch, so that complicates any comparison between the two. For me - a common fan's perspective - both should be valid catches.

Users who are viewing this thread