What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Romeo Doubs, GB (1 Viewer)

Is Doubs a better FF play this week vs. Detroit WITH Lazard playing, or WITHOUT? I'm thinking more targets if Lazard is out, but maybe higher quality targets (IE Doubs gets more separation from 2nd best db/defender) if Lazard does play.
This is about make or break at this point…he needs a big game vs the awful Lions (and I hate saying that….everyone feasts on them. I was hopeful for him but he’s not ascending.
He certainly hasn’t lived up to early hype but make or break? Too early for that.
I just meant this year as a startable option, not for his career.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Packers WR Romeo Doubs was diagnosed with a high ankle sprain.​

Rapoport notes that the injury typically has a 4-6 week time frame but that further tests will be needed to dial in Doubs' injury absence. The rookie was injured on the first play against the Lions and he represents a meaningful loss for the Packers, who are struggling badly to find reliable targets for Aaron Rodgers. With the fantasy playoffs approaching, fantasy managers on the bubble can justifiably drop Doubs. However, it's possible he returns at the end of the season. Then again, if the Packers don't start winning games they could decide to shut the promising rookie down for the season.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Nov 7, 2022, 12:30 PM ET

He has a bye week 14 and could miss 4+ weeks with a high ankle sprain. If he were put on IR, I'd drop him. I wonder why it hasn't happened.

He has a bye week 14 and could miss 4+ weeks with a high ankle sprain. If he were put on IR, I'd drop him. I wonder why it hasn't happened.
The Packers aren't known for their wise decisions regarding WRs. Schtick aside, teams make this mistake all the time. Everybody is always over-optimistic about high ankle sprains. It is such a tough one to come back from. GB probably thinks Doubs can beat the timeline, when putting him on IR is probably much smarter.

Packers coach Matt LaFleur said Romeo Doubs (ankle) doesn't have a "great chance" to return in Week 12.​

Doubs' high-ankle sprain has already cost him two weeks, so it's not surprising that he could miss Week 12 as well. He's yet to practice and should be considered week to week at this point.
SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter
Nov 18, 2022, 4:33 PM ET

Romeo Doubs (ankle) will not play in Green Bay's Week 12 game against the Eagles.​

Doubs didn't have a great chance to return in Week 12 per Matt LaFleur last Friday, and that prediction held true. It'll be the third-straight missed game for Doubs. Christian Watson has taken the leap in his absence. It'll be interesting to see if Doubs retains a real role in this passing game when he does come back.
Nov 25, 2022, 4:10 PM ET

Romeo Doubs (ankle) returned to practice Wednesday.​

The practice will likely go down as a limited session, but it's a positive sign for the rookie wideout. Doubs hasn't practiced or played since going down with the ankle issue in Week 9. With Christian Watson notching big play after big play on a weekly basis. Doubs has likely lost his starting role in two-receiver sets. He will compete with Sammy Watkins and Randall Cobb for reps in three-wide formations. Doubs may be worth stashing in deeper leagues, but most fantasy managers shouldn't spend the bench space on him right now.
Nov 30, 2022, 2:29 PM ET

Romeo Doubs (ankle) was limited in practice on Thursday.​

Matt LaFleur spoke with reporters ahead of the practice and said of Doubs' Wednesday return: "He looked good. We had an individual peiod where we were running pretty good." It's hard to tell if Doubs will be active -- he definitely feels like someone who will pick up a questionable tag based on two limited practices. The Packers will have to weigh the risks ahead of their Week 14 bye.
Dec 1, 2022, 4:15 PM ET

Romeo Doubs told reporters he is confident he'll play on Monday against the Rams.​

A game-time decision for Week 13 that ended in a scratch, Doubs has been out since Week 9 but reportedly is having no issues with his ankle at this point. Doubs coming back may cut into Christian Watson's production a bit, but it's more likely that Doubs remains just a WR4/FLEX dart throw in an offense that doesn't like to pass all that much. Still, against an Aaron Donald-less Rams defense, he's got a pulse this week.
Dec 13, 2022, 2:17 PM ET

Romeo Doubs (ankle) is expected to return for Green Bay's Week 15 game against the Rams.​

Sidelined since Week 9, Doubs was practicing Thursday coming off the Packers' bye week ahead of Monday's tilt with the Rams. Christian Watson has emerged as a rookie star during Doubs' absence, while Allen Lazard should remain locked into two-receiver sets. That will leave Doubs fighting for scraps in what remains an underperforming offense. He has just enough upside to say he belongs as a WR5 inside the top 60.
Dec 15, 2022, 1:46 PM ET

GB is very conservative with bringing guys back from injury, so if he's playing I expect he is healthy. However I don't expect him to immediately play 90% of the snaps as he did earlier this season.

It's difficult to imagine anyone is in the FF playoffs and having to start him anyway.

Packers coach Matt LaFleur said "You can't put too much on his plate" when asked about Romeo Doubs (ankle) playing a full game of snaps.​

Doubs was a full go at practice for the second straight day, but this quote seems to say that he's not exactly a great playoff option this week. If you've got another FLEX-tier player on your roster you also like, it might be best to leave Doubs out until we get a full game of data on his return from a high-ankle sprain. The practice reports look great for him playing, but he might not be fully recovered yet. This is also great news for Christian Watson on Monday.
SOURCE: Tom Silverstein on Twitter
Dec 16, 2022, 5:55 PM ET

Romeo Doubs caught all five of his targets for 55 yards in the Packers' Week 15 win over the Rams.​

Doubs led the Packers in catches and yards. He was one target shy of Christian Watson, who led the team in looks through the air. Doubs was playing in his first game from an ankle issue that cost him four games. As expected, he was held to a part-time role this week. Per Pro Football Focus's Nathan Jahnke, he ran fewer routes than Randall Cobb. He will need to flip Cobb on the depth chart before fantasy managers get him in their lineups, but this was a strong return for the rookie. Doubs will rank as a WR5 for Week 16 against the Dolphins.
Dec 19, 2022, 11:46 PM ET

(fantasypros) Romeo Doubs returned from injury and led the team with five receptions against the Rams. He caught all of his targets for 55 yards in the 24-12 win.
Analysis: After missing four games, Doubs didn't see a full complement of snaps and routes but that still didn't stop him from leading the team in receptions and yards. With a fully healthy complement of receivers in Green Bay now, it could spread out the production when they play the Dolphins in Week 16 which caps Doubs' fantasy appeal.

The Athletic's Matt Schneidman believes Romeo Doubs will lead the Packers in receptions this season.​

Asked about how the team's pass-catching pecking order would shake out in Jordan Love's first season as starter, Schneidman picked Doubs over Christian Watson as the Packers' leading receiver. It's a surprising prediction. During the final month of the 2022 season, Doubs earned a 15 percent target share to Watson's 21 percent (Allen Lazard led the team with a 22 percent target share over that span). Watson led Green Bay with a 33 percent air yards share over the season's final four weeks; Doubs earned 13 percent of the team's air yards. Doubs finished his rookie year with 42 catches for 425 yards and three scores. If Doubs proves to be a favorite of Love's, he could be a major value in redraft leagues this summer.
RELATED:
SOURCE: The Athletic
May 10, 2023, 9:45 AM ET

^^yeah I don't think that would be surprising at all. Reed is more of a slot guy and both Watson and Doubs are playmakers. Musgrave at TE could be an interesting X factor but there is really no competition on the outside. Either one of Watson or Doubs is going to become a possession target guy, and I think it's Doubs. Hope so anyway lol

I also like Watson a lot.

Seems relevant to add that during the final month of the 2022 season, Doubs was coming back from an injury and only hit 50% snap count in one of those final games.

^^yeah I don't think that would be surprising at all. Reed is more of a slot guy and both Watson and Doubs are playmakers. Musgrave at TE could be an interesting X factor but there is really no competition on the outside. Either one of Watson or Doubs is going to become a possession target guy, and I think it's Doubs. Hope so anyway lol

I guess I am confused by all of this. How is Watson not competition on the outside? Why is Reed a slot guy? He's basically the same size Diggs, Olave, Wilson. He was also charted as the best route runner in the draft against press man. I think Reed is an everywhere WR and puts every Doubs target is jeopardy. The Pack love Reed.

I guess I am confused by all of this. How is Watson not competition on the outside? Why is Reed a slot guy? He's basically the same size Diggs, Olave, Wilson. He was also charted as the best route runner in the draft against press man. I think Reed is an everywhere WR and puts every Doubs target is jeopardy. The Pack love Reed.
There are two outside starting positions (typically). I thought I addressed the competition between Watson and Doubs above, but they're both going to start on the outside, so the competition between them should have been implicit. I agree Reed could spoil the party though. If so, the person that becomes more FF worthy between Watson and Doubs on the outside, is the one that gets targets as a possession type receiver (which I said above) which I think will be Doubs. With Watson being more of an occasional home run hitter. But, I fully acknowledge it's possible Doubs is the one left without a FF chair. But I think he's good and the opportunity cost is silly right now.

So is Reed in rookie drafts.

Quick observations from Packers second open OTA practice

Excerpt:

Speaking of Doubs, it looks like he has built some fantastic rapport with Love. During the two-minute drill, Doubs was Love’s go-to target, hauling in four receptions on that drive alone, several of which came on slants. Doubs also caught a downfield pass on third and 10, finding the soft spot between the cornerback and safety with Love on the move.

Excerpt:

Speaking of Doubs, it looks like he has built some fantastic rapport with Love. During the two-minute drill, Doubs was Love’s go-to target, hauling in four receptions on that drive alone, several of which came on slants. Doubs also caught a downfield pass on third and 10, finding the soft spot between the cornerback and safety with Love on the move.
I just drafted him in a 16 team start-up. Music to my ears

Excerpt:

I just drafted him in a 16 team start-up. Music to my ears
Do you have a link to the full draft?

Doubs or Watson this year? One should be a clear favorite with an inexperienced QB.
Honestly I don't think that 'both' is out of the question. I think Doubs is more likely to get possession targets (great in PPR) and that Watson is likely to get more blow up games (also good). The price difference is pretty dramatic though. I've taken Watson at or around his ADP in several (maybe 20%) best ball and redrafts because I think he *could* return value and I want to diversify but it is a pricy pick whereas Doubs is a priority for me because he is *still* absurdly cheap. Love stacking all three in best ball. Did I say Love? Ha. Ok well I think they'll both do very well. I have a feeling Doubs gets more 3rd down targets (just a hunch) and is the one who leads all Packers WRs in PPR fantasy points this year. So even with price out of it, he is my guy. But I expect Watson to return value as well at his roughly 4th/5th round ADP (where I took him anyway).

Doubs or Watson this year? One should be a clear favorite with an inexperienced QB.
Honestly I don't think that 'both' is out of the question. I think Doubs is more likely to get possession targets (great in PPR) and that Watson is likely to get more blow up games (also good). The price difference is pretty dramatic though. I've taken Watson at or around his ADP in several (maybe 20%) best ball and redrafts because I think he *could* return value and I want to diversify but it is a pricy pick whereas Doubs is a priority for me because he is *still* absurdly cheap. Love stacking all three in best ball. Did I say Love? Ha. Ok well I think they'll both do very well. I have a feeling Doubs gets more 3rd down targets (just a hunch) and is the one who leads all Packers WRs in PPR fantasy points this year. So even with price out of it, he is my guy. But I expect Watson to return value as well at his roughly 4th/5th round ADP (where I took him anyway).
I hear you. I just have doubts Love can float 2 WRs' value. Great if so. Will be interesting to see how this offense develops.

I was able to land Doubs in a 16-team start-up at 16.03

Watson went 6.02

From every report I’ve read, Doubs has been the favored target.

if I’m going to invest in one this year in redraft I’ll probably go with Doubs.

ETA: this is an IDP so probably the equivalent to an 11th-12th round pick.

Last edited:
Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood
Jordan Love’s chemistry with Romeo Doubs on display. Inside 10, Love connects with Doubs over Jaire Alexander in back, left corner end zone.

One play later, Alexander blankets Jayden Reed in end zone to force incompletion. Walks up to Doubs after rep and gives him some ribbing.

If history is any indication there's no surprise that there is a clear connection between Romeo and Love.

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood
Jordan Love’s chemistry with Romeo Doubs on display. Inside 10, Love connects with Doubs over Jaire Alexander in back, left corner end zone.

One play later, Alexander blankets Jayden Reed in end zone to force incompletion. Walks up to Doubs after rep and gives him some ribbing.

If history is any indication there's no surprise that there is a clear connection between Romeo and Love.
Juliet?:violin:

I think Watson is a FAR better talent, and should have 0 trouble outproducing Doubs, but Doubs can be a solid value as well. I've never been a Love fan (I thought he was a 3rd round prospect in his draft) but I don't think he'll suck, and I'm not confident either of the rookie TEs is going to hit the ground running, so one of Reed/Doubs is probably looking at least 50+ catches.

Watson went 6.02

At those prices I'd certainly be on board with both. That was outright thievery for Watson in a start-up.

I think Watson is a FAR better talent, and should have 0 trouble outproducing Doubs, but Doubs can be a solid value as well. I've never been a Love fan (I thought he was a 3rd round prospect in his draft) but I don't think he'll suck, and I'm not confident either of the rookie TEs is going to hit the ground running, so one of Reed/Doubs is probably looking at least 50+ catches.

Watson went 6.02

At those prices I'd certainly be on board with both. That was outright thievery for Watson in a start-up.
IDP

keep in perspective that about 12 defensive players were off the board at that point.

So far so good for Doubs, right? Supposedly has looked the part in camp and seems to be a favorite of Love, had a nice little TD last night before they pulled the starters. I'm cautiously optimistic he's gonna take a nice step forward this year and become a viable flex. If Love develops could be enough for both Doubs and Watson to be solid.

So far so good for Doubs, right? Supposedly has looked the part in camp and seems to be a favorite of Love, had a nice little TD last night before they pulled the starters. I'm cautiously optimistic he's gonna take a nice step forward this year and become a viable flex. If Love develops could be enough for both Doubs and Watson to be solid.
In two leagues I probably have to rely on him as a WR3. Obviously don’t feel great about it but I don’t feel terrible either. He’s probably likely to finish in the WR3 range in ppr leagues.

Seems like FBGs recent camp update suggests Doubs may have gained Love's trust more than anyone. I don't know what kind of QB Love will be but if he's not a guy who is good at getting through his reads Doubs may become a consistent fall back option even if he isn't the primary read.

Could be in for a decent PPR season.

Romeo Doubs caught both targets for 52 yards in the Packers’ preseason Week 2 game against the Patriots.

Doubs hit the box score early, catching a 10-yard out for a first down on the team’s second possession. His highlight of the night came on the team’s third possession when the second-year wide receiver beat man coverage over the top and came down with a toe-tapping circus catch down the sideline for a 42-yard gain. Both throws by Jordan Love were exactly where they needed to be, in spots where only his receiver could make the play. Doubs and the Packers have one more preseason tune-up before opening the regular season on the road in Chicago.

Romeo Doubs inactive for the Packers’ final preseason game Saturday due to a hamstring injury.
This is the first we’re hearing of any ailment for the second-year starting wide receiver in Green Bay. It doesn’t sound overly serious at the present but is obviously something to monitor with two weeks remaining until the start of the regular season.

Users who are viewing this thread