What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Romeo Doubs, GB (2 Viewers)

Romeo Doubs inactive for the Packers’ final preseason game Saturday due to a hamstring injury.
This is the first we’re hearing of any ailment for the second-year starting wide receiver in Green Bay. It doesn’t sound overly serious at the present but is obviously something to monitor with two weeks remaining until the start of the regular season.
I think I have 3 healthy hamstrings between 7 leagues of depth WRs. :doh:

Am I missing something here? I ran my team through the "Rate My Team" app and got this regarding Doubs: "We also see Romeo Doubs as an above average WR6." I personally think he os going to have a better yer than Watson, but even if he doesn't, I don't see the gap being this far apart. Why is everybody so low on him?

Am I missing something here? I ran my team through the "Rate My Team" app and got this regarding Doubs: "We also see Romeo Doubs as an above average WR6." I personally think he os going to have a better yer than Watson, but even if he doesn't, I don't see the gap being this far apart. Why is everybody so low on him?
Because they're wrong. He should be going much much earlier. One of the biggest values out there IMO. Hopefully the hamstring is just a minor little camp thing.

Well Watson broke out last year and they drafted a rookie they are high on.... plus they have 2 good rb's and lastly have a first year starting qb..... 6th might be a little low but its entirely possible he will only be useful as a bye week filler. Not saying that will happen but its certainly a possibility

Romeo Doubs (hamstring) has been held out of practice this week.
Packers head coach Matt LaFleur was tight lipped when asked about Doubs’ Week 1 status. “Everything’s fine. I’ll leave those answers up to coach, however, just taking everything day by day,” Doubs said when asked about his availability. If Doubs is sidelined in Week 1 against the Bears, Jayden Reed and Luke Musgrave could see more targets from Jordan Love. Reed, a second round pick in the 2023 draft, should be drafted in 12-team leagues.

My concern with Doubs is that there are a lot of mouths to feed in Green Bay. Watson and Jones will be the primary targets, then it's all going to be week-by-week for who gets the leftovers. I love Doubs but Jayden Reed and even Malik Heath are about the same level, and now there are two new tight ends in the mix. That said, I'd feel good with taking Romeo at the end of the draft as a "wait and see" pick.

I only see two mouths to feed in the passing game. Watson and Doubs. Jones and Musgrave will get their share of RB and TE targets, but I don't see why Doubs can't lead this team in targets with Watson. Watson will get the yardage but Doubs will get the 3rd down-possession targets and more endzone targets than people think.

I am curious about his hamstring though, but he said everything is fine and players always tell the truth, so.... should be plug and play week 1. Ha.

Romeo Doubs (hamstring) has been held out of practice this week.
Packers head coach Matt LaFleur was tight lipped when asked about Doubs’ Week 1 status. “Everything’s fine. I’ll leave those answers up to coach, however, just taking everything day by day,” Doubs said when asked about his availability. If Doubs is sidelined in Week 1 against the Bears, Jayden Reed and Luke Musgrave could see more targets from Jordan Love. Reed, a second round pick in the 2023 draft, should be drafted in 12-team leagues.
Wherefore art thou, Romeo? :<_<:

I only see two mouths to feed in the passing game. Watson and Doubs.
Yeah if we're going to say "Packers have too many mouths to feed", what teams couldn't we say that about?

Seems to be one of the teams with the most targets available, actually.
Yep. If Doubs can stay healthy, he should be either 1A or 1B in terms of targets.

Romeo Doubs questionable for season opener, per LaFleur
Green Bay Packers head coach Matt LaFleur said that WR Romeo Doubs is questionable ahead of their Week 1 matchup with the Chicago Bears.

Fantasy Impact

Doubs popped up on the injury report this week but is logging his second full practice in a row on Friday. After an early week surprise, Doubs is likely good to go for the season opener. With Christian Watson listed as out for Week 1, Doubs has a chance to see an increased role, but in an offense with Jordan Love under center and no clear pecking order, it's hard to bank on Doubs for fantasy production in the season opener.

LFG!!!!

No Watson, Doubs was already said to be Love’s favorite target, I’m expecting him to have a large target share.

Unfortunately of the 2 rosters I have Doubs, I only really have a spot for him in one. I don’t think I’m benching Gibson for him as a flex play in the other, though it’s at least a little tempting.

LFG!!!!

No Watson, Doubs was already said to be Love’s favorite target, I’m expecting him to have a large target share.

Unfortunately of the 2 rosters I have Doubs, I only really have a spot for him in one. I don’t think I’m benching Gibson for him as a flex play in the other, though it’s at least a little tempting.
Will hunt

Doubs or M Brown in PPR?
Brown for me.

I think Green Bay runs the ball all game against what was a crappy run D last year. Maybe it has changed over the season, but I see a love scoring game. Brown may have the worst starting QB in the league but the Cardinals are going to be throwing a lot playing catch up. Also, Doubs may be playing, but is he a 100 percent? Doesn't sound like it.

Edit to add: Just saw Brown is now "questionable" with a hammy injury. Jesus.

Doubs or M Brown in PPR?
Brown for me.

I think Green Bay runs the ball all game against what was a crappy run D last year. Maybe it has changed over the season, but I see a love scoring game. Brown may have the worst starting QB in the league but the Cardinals are going to be throwing a lot playing catch up. Also, Doubs may be playing, but is he a 100 percent? Doesn't sound like it.
Brown is questionable too. And the packers didn't elevate a wr.

>>S Innis Gaines and RB Patrick Taylor are up, but no receivers elevated. So they must feel good about Romeo Doubs.<<

S Innis Gaines and RB Patrick Taylor are up, but no receivers elevated. So they must feel good about Romeo Doubs.

LFG!!!!

Curious why you're that high on Doubs?

Watson out, sure, but hasn't Doubs been banged up all week?

I wonder if this game sees a serious dose of A. Jones/Dillon and keeping Love from throwing too much. Also think CHI D worse against the run vs. pass.

LFG!!!!

I wonder if this game sees a serious dose of A. Jones/Dillon and keeping Love from throwing too much. Also think CHI D worse against the run vs. pass.
I don’t know if they’ve done much to improve it but Chicago’s secondary wasn’t good last season.

LFG!!!!

In terms of "high", we're assessing players with plenty of warts here aren't we? I don't think he's 10 / 100 and a TD but he's realistically the top pass catching option on this team right now. How does that stack up against your other options?

LFG!!!!

I’m not *that* high on him.

I only have 1 league I can rationally start him in.

He’s Love’s favorite target and he’s their best healthy WR. I expect him to be targeted early & often.

I’m higher on AJones & AJD, but I think
Doubs is flex-worthy tomorrow.

LFG!!!!

In terms of "high", we're assessing players with plenty of warts here aren't we? I don't think he's 10 / 100 and a TD but he's realistically the top pass catching option on this team right now. How does that stack up against your other options?
Exactly. He’s my WR3 or flex, but he’s better than many many other options. Like, I’m not starting him over Collins or cooks, but I could talk myself into it.

He is a guy worth starting if pressed into a tough spot I suppose. Can't be too excited about it though.

Exactly. He’s my WR3 or flex, but he’s better than many many other options. Like, I’m not starting him over Collins or cooks, but I could talk myself into it.
Aaaaaand with a pitch count there’s no way I start him now.
Yeah I’ve been trying to decide between Doubs, McLaurin and Flowers at WR3 in one dynasty league all week. Looks like I settled on the only healthy one and go with Flowers.

Aaaaaand with a pitch count there’s no way I start him now.
Yeah I’ve been trying to decide between Doubs, McLaurin and Flowers at WR3 in one dynasty league all week. Looks like I settled on the only healthy one and go with Flowers.
Doubs, Reed, Hodgins, or Perine for me. 0.5 PPR

I threw a dart but it bounced off the board and didn't stick.

Romeo Doubs caught 4-of-5 targets for 26 yards and two touchdowns in the Packers’ Week 1 win over the Bears.

Doubs didn’t stuff the box score with a big receiving day, but he came up big when it mattered most. Two of his four receptions came on touchdowns from four and eight yards out, with his second score coming on a leaping catch over a defender in the end zone. Assuming Doubs didn’t suffer any setbacks, he’ll have some WR2 upside in Week 2 against the Falcons.

- Rotoworld

Surprised there isn't more buzz here with Watson out.

Offense could be a bit clunky today though. Missing A Jones and Watson and a key O lineman is out.

Isn't the ATL secondary sneaky good? Think they have solid corners.

Surprised there isn't more buzz here with Watson out.
Doubs' was nursing a hamstring going into Week 1, and still produced.

His hamstring made him Questionable on the last injury report. Doubs apparently will play once again ... but any reason to think Doubs is more hampered today than last week?

Users who are viewing this thread