What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Skyy Moore, KC (1 Viewer)

There was another 10-15 yarder that he had a chance on but don’t think he was the target as it whizzed by another reciever and then whizzed by him.

It was a ugly game by everyone and they really spread it out. 5 guys had 1 reception each. Rice scored the most points on a whopping 3-27-1 night followed by Blake Bells scintillating 2-16-1.

Moore certainly didn’t look great but he had some opportunities. Just didn’t work out tonight. Biggest issue is kind of what everyone thought; when healthy Kelce is the only receiver that’s an automatic start. Then it’s 9 other guys vying for scraps. Maybe 1-2 will grow into a larger role as the season goes on.
The reasons you laid out are precisely why Moore is droppable. Hold for what? In hopes that the week you’re forced to start him he happens to be the one that lucks into the scraps? Those kind of desperation guys can be picked up off the waiver wire anytime. Moore couldn’t even get any scraps without Kelce out there.
I’m willing to wait and see what happens when they run their normal offense. I had a sense they were scrambling to figure out a new gameplan losing Kelce so close to the game.

Not really panicking over a 11th round pick not performing game 1. There are still about 150 vacated targets up for grabs this year. In an offense that should throw 40 tds. The bet was they would coalesce around 1-2 guys. Maybe they continue to trot out 9 receivers every game, or more reasonably 1 or 2 guys step up. Maybe that’s not Skyy. Maybe Matt Nagy is as bad as I remember him with the Bears. Just don’t have enough data right now.

But yeah, I’m sure some people will see guys like Josh Reynolds having decent games and will be willing to chase those points instead.

Last edited:
There was another 10-15 yarder that he had a chance on but don’t think he was the target as it whizzed by another reciever and then whizzed by him.

It was a ugly game by everyone and they really spread it out. 5 guys had 1 reception each. Rice scored the most points on a whopping 3-27-1 night followed by Blake Bells scintillating 2-16-1.

Moore certainly didn’t look great but he had some opportunities. Just didn’t work out tonight. Biggest issue is kind of what everyone thought; when healthy Kelce is the only receiver that’s an automatic start. Then it’s 9 other guys vying for scraps. Maybe 1-2 will grow into a larger role as the season goes on.
The reasons you laid out are precisely why Moore is droppable. Hold for what? In hopes that the week you’re forced to start him he happens to be the one that lucks into the scraps? Those kind of desperation guys can be picked up off the waiver wire anytime. Moore couldn’t even get any scraps without Kelce out there.
I’m willing to wait and see what happens when they run their normal offense. I had a sense they were scrambling to figure out a new gameplan losing Kelce so close to the game.

Not really panicking over a 11th round pick not performing game 1. There are still about 150 vacated targets up for grabs this year. In an offense that should throw 40 tds. The bet was they would coalesce around 1-2 guys. Maybe they continue to trot out 9 receivers every game, or more reasonably 1 or 2 guys step up. Maybe that’s not Skyy. Maybe Matt Nagy is as bad as I remember him with the Bears. Just don’t have enough data right now.

But yeah, I’m sure some people will see guys like Josh Reynolds having decent games and will be willing to chase those points instead.

Feel the same way. Panic on this guy is premature right now. Moore won't be the focal point of this offense but Mahomes was looking his way late. Targets will be there, and will probably increase in future games. As a late round pick I'm fine with him riding the bench until this offense sorts itself out a bit more.

Feel the same way. Panic on this guy is premature right now. Moore won't be the focal point of this offense but Mahomes was looking his way late. Targets will be there, and will probably increase in future games. As a late round pick I'm fine with him riding the bench until this offense sorts itself out a bit more.
I took Moore late too so I don't have that much invested in him. I think it is too early to give up on him but Mahomes really spreads the ball around and that is concerning. The way I see it he'll probably have a couple solid performances but he is just as likely or more likely to turn in a dud.

As of now he is on the top of my list to cut if I need another player.

Proud to say I own zero shares. I don't own any KC receivers and it's because there are 7 of them that just shuffle around mostly doing the same stuff (none of which is being done incredibly well).

Moore was on my list of Auction flier picks, but glad I bowed our after the bid went beyond perceived value.

KC is going to draft a WR early next year or needs to trade for one. When Kelce retires, Mahomes is going to need a legit, big bodied WR. Andy Reid has never been particularly good at finding those guys in the draft.
I always want a piece of the KC passing game on draft day but when you look at the WRs, it is impossible to figure out which WR will receive steady targets. Maybe someone will emerge if Kelce misses addition games but I don’t know who that someone will be.

I took Moore late too so I don't have that much invested in him. I think it is too early to give up on him but Mahomes really spreads the ball around and that is concerning. The way I see it he'll probably have a couple solid performances but he is just as likely or more likely to turn in a dud.

Is he spreading it around out of preference or in a desperate attempt to find someone reliable? I feel like there's been a vacant job opening for a WR1 since Hill left and no one has even applied for it let alone been qualified.

Week 1 is one of the most important waiver wire weeks. There will be a gem coming out of week 1 for sure.

Is he spreading it around out of preference or in a desperate attempt to find someone reliable? I feel like there's been a vacant job opening for a WR1 since Hill left and no one has even applied for it let alone been qualified.
probably a bit of both

Proud to say I own zero shares. I don't own any KC receivers and it's because there are 7 of them that just shuffle around mostly doing the same stuff (none of which is being done incredibly well).

Moore was on my list of Auction flier picks, but glad I bowed our after the bid went beyond perceived value.

KC is going to draft a WR early next year or needs to trade for one. When Kelce retires, Mahomes is going to need a legit, big bodied WR. Andy Reid has never been particularly good at finding those guys in the draft.
I always want a piece of the KC passing game on draft day but when you look at the WRs, it is impossible to figure out which WR will receive steady targets. Maybe someone will emerge if Kelce misses addition games but I don’t know who that someone will be.
Seems like the sort of situation where they're all better in best ball as opposed to orthodox redraft

11 different receivers with a catch (none of them Moore) would be more worrisome than Moore's performance in and of itself.

If that maintains (outside of Kelce of course getting his share) then KC becomes the land of bye-week filler at WR ala New England back in the day)

-QG

I think the common mindset is that if you look from Week 5 last season, there was a clear hierarchy in that MVS/Watson worked deep, Juju and Kelce rand short to intermediate and Juju especially got a lot of short targets where he sat in the zone. With Juju gone, the thought was since Skyy starting he'd inherit that role and similar work underneath, but after one game Juju's role doesn't seem to exist anymore. You have to take it with a grain of salt (opening game, no Kelce), but Skyy Moore leading the team in snap percentage at 69% is basura. You want a starting wideout getting at least 80% of the work, if the Chiefs keep rotating that many WRs then outside of Kelce there's not going to be any passcatchers you can trust.

Here's the funny thing though. Why did I use Week 5 as a cutoff? Because it wasn't until Week 5 last year until Juju's snap percentage reached 80% himself, Weeks 1-4 he was:

Week 1: 66%
Week 2: 74%
Week 3: 70%
Week 4: 62%

after that:
Week 5: 86%
Week 6: 88%
Week 7: 55% (injured)
Week 8: DNP
Week 9: 83%
Week 10: 38% (injured)
Week 11: DNP
Week 12: 38% (limited snaps)
Week 13: 76%
Week 14: 81%

So there's a clear theme of the WRs getting limited work but as the season goes on they have a chance to gain more work, Juju (like Moore) was in the 1st year with the Chiefs and learning their system. There's still a chance for him to return WR3 value as the season progresses.

Last edited:
There is a lot at play still.

That was week 1. Teams always take a few weeks to hit top gear on offense, it's that way every year and it's more noticable with just 3 preseason games now.

None of the KC WRs stood out in a good way. Toney stood out in a bad way with his drops and involvement in the pick 6.

Mahomes will always do a good job finding who's open, but he does exhibit favoritism in the order he reads the field (or the coach draws the play up including read order and Mahomes executes it as such).

There is a world where, by mid season, Moore is a guy often open and an early read. It's still well within the range of possible outcomes. Heck, it might even be probable.

I wouldn't put this guy in my lineup anytime soon. But stashing and seeing how this all plays out is probably smart as he could easily be a fantasy contributor later on in the season.

I don't have Moore anywhere because I wanted to dodge the headache with KC WRs. I ended up with Toney in one league as my last pick, so I'm paying attention. I'm not cutting him yet either, even after that trash showing he just had. Don't let yourself get into a situation where you're so desperate you have to start any KC WR in September, but I think the correct play is to hold on and wait and see.

One game means nothing.

1,000 foot view: This is a 2nd round WR, who's been with Mahomes and a bunch of not special WRs for over a year, I don't think people are out of line wondering if he's simply not a good football player.

He's a tiny little fella
FWIW

He's listed at 5'10, 195. Waddle is 5'10 185. Hill 5'10 191.

Listed heights can be skewed. But if you look at the Combine, Skyy was 69.63 inches. Hill I think was closer to 5'8 and change.

Don't get me wrong. He's not as talented as those guys. But I don't think he's so little that his size is an issue.

He's a tiny little fella
FWIW

Listed heights can be skewed. But if you look at the Combine, Skyy was 69.63 inches. Hill I think was closer to 5'8 and change.

Don't get me wrong. He's not as talented as those guys. But I don't think he's so little that his size is an issue.
The big issue is Tyreek can jump 6” higher making his catch radius much wider. I think there are much better days ahead for Moore but he’ll struggle to ever be the top option.

He's a tiny little fella
FWIW

The big issue is Tyreek can jump 6” higher making his catch radius much wider. I think there are much better days ahead for Moore but he’ll struggle to ever be the top option.
Sure.

If someone is saying "I don't think Skyy is athletic enough" I'm not here to refute that. I just don't see 5'10 195 as too little in the sense that you're going to get bullied by DB's and never be open. I think he's a fine size for an NFL receiver.

I can't remember the last time the Chiefs offense looked so out of sync - seems clear that they were really missing Kelce. I noticed during the game that Skyy was wide open on a couple of occasions but Mahomes seemed to skip past him as he was going through his progressions, or else he was getting pressured by the Lions D. Another poster shared links above. Skyy is no Tyreek but better days are ahead once Kelce is back. I would like to see the Chiefs settle on a tighter WR rotation.

I can't remember the last time the Chiefs offense looked so out of sync - seems clear that they were really missing Kelce. I noticed during the game that Skyy was wide open on a couple of occasions but Mahomes seemed to skip past him as he was going through his progressions, or else he was getting pressured by the Lions D. Another poster shared links above. Skyy is no Tyreek but better days are ahead once Kelce is back. I would like to see the Chiefs settle on a tighter WR rotation.
This was something they did last year too, they'd have games where they spread it out and then sudden BOOM JuJu gets 8-12 targets, even more than Kelce. Peter King echoed the same thing on PFTTalk after the game, the tree will narrow over time as more time passes.

Last edited:
... so I said Skyy Moore played more snaps than last week, but the place I get snap info from just went paywall for that data (WHYYY PFF WHYYYYY?), so the info I got was from a random tweet. However, I went to doublecheck from my backup site from years past that takes a couple days longer for info... that tweet was incorrect.

In fact, Skyy Moore played only 58% of the snaps in Week 2. According to PFF:

The Chiefs' wide receiver rotation evolves: Kansas City’s wide receiver rotation continues to frustrate fantasy managers.

• Skyy Moore led the team in receiving yards thanks to a 54-yard pass. He also scored a touchdown but saw his playing time decrease from last week to this one. This included going from playing 63.6% of the team's offensive snaps in 12 personnel to 40%.
  • Justin Watson tied for the fifth-most offensive snaps among the Kansas City wide receivers last week (16) and doubled that this week (33). His 107 receiving yards over the past two weeks is better than any two-game stretch for him last season.
  • Kadarius Toney continues to see a low snap rate but a high target rate. He was given the ball 31.5% of the time he was on the field. He could be a fantasy starter if that rate ever increases, but there is no sign of that at this point.
  • Both Rashee Rice and Richie James ran half as many routes or less compared to last week.
  • It’s probably best to avoid starting any of them in redraft leagues unless some wide receiver can receive more than five targets in a game — something that hasn’t happened yet this season.

That's extremely concerning. Even in the Juju example I gave before, he didn't see a drastic drop like this unless he was hurt. If you guys want to cut bait with him I can certainly understand it now. I apologize for the goof.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread