What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Skyy Moore, KC (1 Viewer)

He just went 5-63 on 27 snaps and six targets and we're writing him off next year? Do so at your own peril, I guess.

routes run by week
  1. 8
  2. 0
  3. 4
  4. 11
  5. 14
  6. 16
  7. 11
  8. bye
  9. 20
  10. 10
  11. 16
Average routes run: JJSS 37.3, MVS 34.4, Hardman 29.1, Toney 15.0, Moore 11.0, Watson 9.7

Moore was targeted on 37.5% of his routes in Week 11, the third highest in the NFL Week 11 (minimum 4 targets.)

Hardman won't be back for at least three more games. Smith-Schuster and Toney could be out for at least one more game, if not more.

routes run by week
  1. 8
  2. 0
  3. 4
  4. 11
  5. 14
  6. 16
  7. 11
  8. bye
  9. 20
  10. 10
  11. 16
Average routes run: JJSS 37.3, MVS 34.4, Hardman 29.1, Toney 15.0, Moore 11.0, Watson 9.7

Moore was targeted on 37.5% of his routes in Week 11, the third highest in the NFL Week 11 (minimum 4 targets.)

Hardman won't be back for at least three more games. Smith-Schuster and Toney could be out for at least one more game, if not more.
I didn't see the game. How about Justin Watson (eating into Moore)? He had a couple less targets, but a few more yards than Moore.

routes run by week
  1. 8
  2. 0
  3. 4
  4. 11
  5. 14
  6. 16
  7. 11
  8. bye
  9. 20
  10. 10
  11. 16

I didn't see the game. How about Justin Watson (eating into Moore)? He had a couple less targets, but a few more yards than Moore.

sometimes a guy gets hurt & the next man up gets that part of the playbook - feel like we saw that a lot this week

Toney gets hurt, Moore steps in
Rondale gets hurt, Dortch gets his game plan

Feel like they play different roles - Watson is better suited to play the boundary, probably has a more mature route tree

Moore hasn’t been utilized much but I imagine he’ll get more manufactured touches (bubble screens & quick slants)

Chiefs WR ADoT:

Watson 15.4
MVS 12.6
Moore 10.2

Hardman (abdomen - IR) 8.4
JJSS (concussion) 7.9
Toney (hamstring) 5.6

Skyy Moore (hand) practiced in full on Tuesday.​

It looks like he'll be available this weekend after missing Week 18 and most of Week 17 with a lacerated hand. Moore will be a DFS dart throw against the Jaguars, but it does at least help his cause that Mecole Hardman is trending in the wrong direction.
Jan 17, 2023, 4:43 PM ET

Skyy Moore (hand) practiced in full on Wednesday.​

Assuming there are no setbacks tomorrow, Moore should enter the weekend without an injury designation. He missed the Chiefs' regular season finale because of a laceration on his hand suffered in Week 17. With Kadarius Toney back in the lineup, Moore won't see the field much in the Divisional Round. He is not on the radar for DFS purposes.
Jan 18, 2023, 5:14 PM ET

Skyy Moore caught a four-yard touchdown in the Chiefs' Super Bowl LVII victory over the Eagles, adding a four-yard rush.​

Moore's fourth quarter score was his lone target. The No. 54 overall pick of the draft, Moore had a calamitous rookie campaign, posting an underwhelming 33/250/0 receiving line as he struggled with drops and muffed punts. It was especially disappointing in the context of the Chiefs struggling to replace Tyreek Hill’s lost role and production. There were snaps and targets for the taking, and Moore simply failed to do so. Perhaps the jump from Western Michigan to the AFC West was simply too much for a 22-year-old rookie. Although it’s not time to pull the plug on Moore yet in Dynasty, future studs tend to command targets as first-year players. Moore did the exact opposite.
Feb 12, 2023, 10:54 PM ET

Definitely needs to not be gimmicky next year.
I often thought juju and mvs were ignored or not doing well and then they'd get a few passes proving me wrong momentarily.

Hardman needs to play better and be more reliable.

I bet it's possible to take a veteran's spot with an excellent camp.

No prob with him earning a role as a gimmicky sub as a rookie but he can't be typecast as that.

Hardman, Juju, Watson could all be gone. I think we can expect more expansive roles in year 2 for him and Toney. There are a lot of what ifs on the KC WR core between now and start of next season. But if you can get him cheap, I like it.

If I can get something in a trade for him would be ideal but if I can't I might just consider him a sunk cost and cut him in FFPC leagues. The way he ended the year just further soured me. Once you get this late in the year he's not really even like a rookie. I thought I'd try and give him a redshirt year, and understand the the Chiefs WR group's contract situations next year, but when it's late in the year and the Chiefs WR got banged up and forced him into more action and he still could not do anything it was a bit of a final straw.

If I can get something in a trade for him would be ideal but if I can't I might just consider him a sunk cost and cut him in FFPC leagues. The way he ended the year just further soured me. Once you get this late in the year he's not really even like a rookie. I thought I'd try and give him a redshirt year, and understand the the Chiefs WR group's contract situations next year, but when it's late in the year and the Chiefs WR got banged up and forced him into more action and he still could not do anything it was a bit of a final straw.
Tap the brakes, he was a second round pick. I suspect he got a short stick in practice because mahomes had to break in MVS and JuJu at the same time. Remember the 3rd year breakout? Between the draft capital and having Pat at QB, I'd find a way to hold for next year.

When KC’s injury woes were at their worst, he had 2 x 6 target games in a row, bringing in 10 receptions for 99 yards. Looked good. What I don’t fully understand is why he then re-disappeared.

I hope he comes on next year. Took him over Dotson in 1 dynasty league and have been regretting that since week 1. but hopefully his time is coming.

Tap the brakes, he was a second round pick. I suspect he got a short stick in practice because mahomes had to break in MVS and JuJu at the same time. Remember the 3rd year breakout? Between the draft capital and having Pat at QB, I'd find a way to hold for next year.
I understand what you are saying but in these FFPC rosters with 14 position player keepers it's not so easy. One of those leagues I've got it boiled down right now to Skyy or Alec Pierce. Both second round picks. I get Skyy has Mahomes/Reid, and that's why I drafted him a full round over Pierce, but IMO Pierce showed me more upside and has an easier path for targets. As great is Mahomes is we don't really have a body of evidence I'm seeing that he elevates his pass catchers for fantasy, perhaps because he spreads it around or maybe he's just not had anyone that great worthy of a lot of consistent targets then the obvious two who have shown they are not really products of Mahomes.

I'm trying to be honest with myself and not let what I paid for him, which was 1.8 and 1.9, not dictate my decision. I think in the FFPC format if he was a late second round pick like Pierce was in a lot of leagues people would not be so quick to hold him. I can only recall two instances in my history of playing fantasy I did not keep a player I used a first round pick on the following year. Once was Johnathan Franklin but that was because his career was over due to a neck injury. The other was Trey Sermon who I ended up throwing into a bigger trade as a side piece but I'd have 100% cut him otherwise.

I did say cut in my earlier post but hopefully by a direct trade or trading other players I can create room but I've been more active in this league then any other with offers and I'm not getting a nibble yet.

When KC’s injury woes were at their worst, he had 2 x 6 target games in a row, bringing in 10 receptions for 99 yards. Looked good. What I don’t fully understand is why he then re-disappeared.
He also got 7 targets against the Bengals in the AFC championship game but for just 3/13. It's not much of a sample size but if you took those 3 games he got 6 or more targets he really did not do much with them in terms of real or fantasy output. Really did not stand out much at all at least by recollection. Just looked like a guy and a few times I'd see the likes of Justin Watson making some big plays I almost never saw Skyy making.

For his sake I hope they don't resign JuJu.He is nothing great himself but that's the role I think Skyy needs to have a shot, and hopefully even bring a little more juice to the role but he sure does not look like he plays as fast as he ran at the combine, not close really. I will say how motivated I am to keep him or not will boil down to what the Chiefs do in FA at WR. (I won't know who they draft before cuts are due)

I understand what you are saying but in these FFPC rosters with 14 position player keepers it's not so easy. One of those leagues I've got it boiled down right now to Skyy or Alec Pierce. Both second round picks. I get Skyy has Mahomes/Reid, and that's why I drafted him a full round over Pierce, but IMO Pierce showed me more upside and has an easier path for targets. As great is Mahomes is we don't really have a body of evidence I'm seeing that he elevates his pass catchers for fantasy, perhaps because he spreads it around or maybe he's just not had anyone that great worthy of a lot of consistent targets then the obvious two who have shown they are not really products of Mahomes.

I'm trying to be honest with myself and not let what I paid for him, which was 1.8 and 1.9, not dictate my decision. I think in the FFPC format if he was a late second round pick like Pierce was in a lot of leagues people would not be so quick to hold him. I can only recall two instances in my history of playing fantasy I did not keep a player I used a first round pick on the following year. Once was Johnathan Franklin but that was because his career was over due to a neck injury. The other was Trey Sermon who I ended up throwing into a bigger trade as a side piece but I'd have 100% cut him otherwise.

I did say cut in my earlier post but hopefully by a direct trade or trading other players I can create room but I've been more active in this league then any other with offers and I'm not getting a nibble yet.

He also got 7 targets against the Bengals in the AFC championship game but for just 3/13. It's not much of a sample size but if you took those 3 games he got 6 or more targets he really did not do much with them in terms of real or fantasy output. Really did not stand out much at all at least by recollection. Just looked like a guy and a few times I'd see the likes of Justin Watson making some big plays I almost never saw Skyy making.

For his sake I hope they don't resign JuJu.He is nothing great himself but that's the role I think Skyy needs to have a shot, and hopefully even bring a little more juice to the role but he sure does not look like he plays as fast as he ran at the combine, not close really. I will say how motivated I am to keep him or not will boil down to what the Chiefs do in FA at WR. (I won't know who they draft before cuts are due)
When do you have to decide?

14 is rough.

I just sent an offer in a PPR dynasty league offering Moore and Doubs for Dotson and Claypool (who I don't like at all) but figured I'd have to give a 2nd player exchange in his favor to move from Moore to Dotson. Think that is fair/enough?

I just sent an offer in a PPR dynasty league offering Moore and Doubs for Dotson and Claypool (who I don't like at all) but figured I'd have to give a 2nd player exchange in his favor to move from Moore to Dotson. Think that is fair/enough?
Don't think it hurts to try but that would be an instant reject to me and not anything I'd view as close. I'd consider Claypool and Doubs as essentially equal and Dotson looks head and shoulders like the better player then Moore so far.

You never know, but imo that isn't even close, but I don't really value Moore at all. I think he's a special teams/gadget guy for his career.

The Athletic's Nate Taylor writes Skyy Moore is projected as the starter in three-wide sets next to Kadarius Toney and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.​

This is no surprise as Rashee Rice will likely face the same sort of learning year that Moore himself had to undergo with the Chiefs last season, and Kansas City didn't bring in real veteran competition for Moore. It's hard to rely on any of the lower-rung Chiefs receivers -- even Valdes-Scantling -- but Moore has a chance to fall into the Mecole Hardman WR3-esque role from last year.
SOURCE: The Athletic
May 25, 2023, 1:32 PM ET

I picked him up via FAAB at the end of last year, so I can only hope he gets more looks and stats. Hard to project KC stats outside of Pat and Travis tho.

Nothing stopping Moore from being at least the #2 WR. He was a great prospect, and its rare for skill position rookies to have big roles in Andy Reid offenses.

I mean the list of rookies who did little as rookies but went on to good/great careers (not counting Kelce who was injured) includes:
Donovan McNabb
Brian Westbrook
Jeremy Maclin (50-700-4 isn't bad, but wasn't among his top-5 seasons)
LeSean McCoy
Tyreek Hill (60-500-6, with another 6 TD's on gadget plays and ST)
Patrick Mahomes

Not saying Moore is on any of those guys levels, but just pointing out that rookie stats rarely matter in Reid offenses. Personally, I think 60-700-4 is a very achievable expectation with upside from there, especially if Toney's durability issues continue.

The Athletic’s Nate Taylor writes the Chiefs’ “top slot receiver option appears to be [Skyy] Moore.”

Moore caught 22 passes for 250 yards as a rookie but has made a “good jump” this offseason, according to head coach Andy Reid. Free agent signee Richie James is expected to challenge Moore for slot work in camp, but we’d expect the Chiefs to give their former second-round pick every opportunity to earn a significant role in camp. Moore is virtually free in fantasy drafts right now but could see a significant jump in ADP with some positive training camp reports.

Anytime a highly drafted player is coming into his 2nd year a bit under the radar I pay attention. Since Tyreek left the Chiefs spread the ball around to WRs a lot, but that’s because nobody has asserted themself as the alpha. Obv they like Moore a lot to draft him where they did, so maybe he’s that guy. Kelce is getting older too

Man, I probably shoulda held onto this dude. 🥹

Man, you and me me both. I made the worst dyansty trade last year and it's coming back to bite me square in the precious. Killing my chance of a repeat.

eta* Then again, there's been a lot of work on guys that completely vanish their first year. It's not like it used to be. They generally get down, stay down.

Man, I probably shoulda held onto this dude. 🥹

Man, you and me me both. I made the worst dyansty trade last year and it's coming back to bite me square in the precious. Killing my chance of a repeat.

eta* Then again, there's been a lot of work on guys that completely vanish their first year. It's not like it used to be. They generally get down, stay down.
I parlayed him into TLaw in a 16 team SF, so it’s not that bad, but it was a last min counter by the other team and I kinda went, “ah, F it, I wanna get this done”

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Skyy have a very solid season.

only for Kelce to be the WR1 on the Chiefs.

Per usual. Every year we try and figure out who is WR1 on the Chiefs offense, and it doesn't seem to matter. Kelce is big dog. Kelce eats.
Every year? Last year was the first one without a true WR1. The 5 previous years it was Hill and it very much did matter. People are acting like Mahomes not having a WR1 is a trend rather than 1 year out of 5.

Users who are viewing this thread