What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Skyy Moore, KC (1 Viewer)

Western Michigan sophomore WR Skyy Moore has declared for the 2022 NFL Draft.

Moore (5'9/195) enjoyed a breakout campaign in 2021 for the Broncos, finishing with career-highs across the board. Moore totaled 94 receptions for 1,291 yard and 10 touchdowns on a team-high 125 targets according to Pro Football Focus, and was one of the highest-grade wide receivers in the nation with an overall grade of 91.6 on the season. Moore averaged 13.7 yards per reception on the year while ranking 16th in the nation in yards after catch with 534, and first in missed tackles forced with 26. Moore is a dynamic playmaker with the ball in his hand and will be an interesting player to track throughout the NFL Draft process.

SOURCE: Skyy Moore on Twitter

Jan 4, 2022, 5:24 PM ET

PFF has Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore as their sixth-ranked wide receiver in the 2022 draft class.

Moore (5'9/195) broke out in a big way for the Broncos this past year. He totaled 94 receptions for 1,291 yards and 10 touchdowns, but it was how he won that was really impressive. Moore was excellent at winning at the catch point and excelling as a deep receiver. Despite his size, Moore was excellent in the open field, breaking a nation-leading 26 tackles this past season. Moore has a big opportunity to raise his stock next week at the combine.

SOURCE: PFF

Feb 24, 2022, 9:57 PM ET

Pro Football Focus has Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore rated as the MAC's highest-graded WR since 2014.

You don't have to remember Skyy Moore right now because at the end of the combine you will be hearing his name a lot. He has incredible speed with big-play ability, but after the catch is where he excels with an FBS-leading 26 missed tackles this season. Pro Football Focus is high on Moore (5'9"/195) as they have them on their top-30 prospect board. There are some really talented players at the wide receiver position that are coming from big programs, for a receiver like Moore coming out of the G5 to be mentioned means he possesses something special.

SOURCE: PFF College

Feb 27, 2022, 6:54 PM ET

Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore had his hands measured at 10 1/4 inches. 

While small hand sizes have been the news of the day, Skyy Moore is making waves the opposite direction. His 10 1/4 inch hands are massive, bigger than Treylon Burks who reportedly needed custom gloves for his hands. Moore is one of the fastest risers in this pre-draft process, and while hand size isn't everything for any position, it certainly can't hurt to have giant mitts. 

SOURCE: The Draft Network on Twitter

Mar 3, 2022, 2:42 PM ET

Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore ran a 4.39 40-yard dash at the combine on Thursday.

Moore (5'9/195) is a player that has gained a lot of traction over the last few weeks among analysts. Having played at Western Michigan, Moore didn't get a lot of publicity early, but his play has earned him quite a bit. After measuring and jumping well early, Moore capped his athletic testing by running a 40-yard dash in under 4.4 seconds. This matches the speed you see on tape, which looked blazing against MAC competition. Moore solidified himself as a mid-day two selection come April's draft.

SOURCE: Chris Trapasso

Mar 3, 2022, 6:39 PM ET

Former Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore continues to garner attention ahead of the 2022 NFL Draft.

Once under the radar, Moore (5'9/195) is not so much anymore. He put out good film catching passes from WMU quarterback Kaleb Eleby and had a solid combine performance, capping off his athletic testing with a 4.39 40-yard dash in Indianapolis. Expect him to be a continuous riser as he gets more respect. He's listed as a Tier 1 wide receiver in the company of the likes of Treylon Burks of Arkansas by Kevin Cole of Pro Football Focus.

Mar 10, 2022, 3:13 PM ET

According to PFF's Sam Monson, he says Former Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore's tape is as good as any other WR in the draft.

The product of Western Michigan is being talked about after a great showing at the combine. Scouts and analysis believe in Moore (5'9"/195) and he could make the transition to the next level. On the PFF podcast, Sam Monson looked at his tape and believes he is as good as any wide receiver in the draft. He has incredible speed and his footwork is ankle-breaking to defenders. Look for Moore to be draft at some point on Day 2.

SOURCE: PFF College

Mar 11, 2022, 9:47 PM ET

Per a scout The Athletic's Dane Brugler spoke to, they clocked Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore with a blazing fast 10-yard split.

While it was hand-timed, 1,38 seconds would put Moore (5'9/195) in the 100th percentile of wide receivers. As it currently sits, Moore was officially timed at 1.46 putting him in the 97th percentile. These times validate the explosiveness on tape, which was needed because of the competition he faced. With numbers like that, including an 83rd-percentile 40-yard dash, Moore has his stock trending higher each week.

SOURCE: Dane Brugler

Mar 15, 2022, 9:37 PM ET

Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore grades out as one of the best offensive players in the MAC in recent history.

Moore (5'9/195) has quickly become a player who has garnered more attention ahead of the 2022 NFL Draft. His tape pops and he had a solid showing at the combine, catching the attention of several analysts. According to Pro Football Focus, Moore had one of the highest-graded seasons of a MAC offensive player since 2016 (91.8). That puts him behind only Bernhard Raimann and Luke Goedeke.

SOURCE: PFF Draft

Mar 17, 2022, 3:56 PM ET

Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore was described as a violent route runner, with elite agility and route running grades by analyst Ian Cummings.

Moore (5'9"/195) has been one of the biggest risers in the pre-draft process, with good speed scores, huge hands and strong interviews. Now you can add elite route runner to the mix. Analyst Ian Cummings gave Moore a nine out of ten on his scale for "agility and twitch" and "route running", saying he does his best work at the line of scrimmage with his ability to release against cornerbacks. Moore was one of the most productive MAC players ever, and has outstanding traits that are seriously boosting his stock as of late. 

SOURCE: Ian Cummings on Twitter

Mar 26, 2022, 6:58 PM ET

Stud, seems like Golden Tate is the popular comp for him. Can play in the slot and outside. Huge hands, great releases and breakaway speed.

This is pretty cool. I live about 20 minutes from Western Michigan University. It's always fun to see one of their players gain this kind of attention.

This is pretty cool. I live about 20 minutes from Western Michigan University. It's always fun to see one of their players gain this kind of attention.
The directional schools here in Michigan have been pretty good about getting players to the NFL recently. Hall of Famers, first overall draft pick, All Pros etc. Hopefully Skyy is next.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a more relevant note, I'm buying the hype. Big hands, good speed, apparently a great release, tough to cover and good route runner. What's not to like. He measured taller than they said he would, too. From 5'9" to 5'10" 1/4 (I think I've seen the quarter inch in publications, but for sure 5'10"). That's a good thing. This NFL is becoming a low aDOT league where guys from the slot are thriving if you're in a PPR league. 

I was a fan of D’wayne Eskridge from last years draft. How does Moore compare to him coming out?
What did you like about Eskridge last year? I thought he was a day 3 guy, who somehow went in round 2. 

They are very different WRs. Eskridge was a step faster, but he was also a 24 year old rookie, with questionable hands, and a limited route tree. Moore has the same limited route tree (Western Michigan just asked both to out-athlete the defense) but is only 21, and has better hands, and a ton more RAC ability. 

A quote I liked about Moore, is that if all the WR prospects in the draft played a game of tag, Moore would never be it, he's as elusive as it gets. Unlike Eskridge, Moore deserves to be a round 2 pick in my opinion.

What did you like about Eskridge last year? I thought he was a day 3 guy, who somehow went in round 2. 

They are very different WRs. Eskridge was a step faster, but he was also a 24 year old rookie, with questionable hands, and a limited route tree. Moore has the same limited route tree (Western Michigan just asked both to out-athlete the defense) but is only 21, and has better hands, and a ton more RAC ability. 

A quote I liked about Moore, is that if all the WR prospects in the draft played a game of tag, Moore would never be it, he's as elusive as it gets. Unlike Eskridge, Moore deserves to be a round 2 pick in my opinion.
Not sure if all of this is accurate because I know very little about either, but it sure sounded good.

Always easy to look back after an unsuccessful rookie year and put the new guy in front of the old guy. I still think Eskridge has a chance to be a productive third receiver in an offense. I did have the same concern about his age but was just speaking on his on field ability compared to Moore. Eskridge has good quicks and enough speed to take it the distance. He had elite production in his shortened senior season and looked electric. He almost seemed to play with an edge that I like to see with skill position players. By no means am I calling him a world beater I just liked the looks of his game for a small school prospect. I haven’t looked at Moore very closely and wondered how they compared as they were similar in size.

King of the Jungle said:
Always easy to look back after an unsuccessful rookie year and put the new guy in front of the old guy. I still think Eskridge has a chance to be a productive third receiver in an offense. I did have the same concern about his age but was just speaking on his on field ability compared to Moore. Eskridge has good quicks and enough speed to take it the distance. He had elite production in his shortened senior season and looked electric. He almost seemed to play with an edge that I like to see with skill position players. By no means am I calling him a world beater I just liked the looks of his game for a small school prospect. I haven’t looked at Moore very closely and wondered how they compared as they were similar in size.
Meh he’s already older than DJ Moore 

For starters Skyy is a true junior and Eskridge was a 5th year senior.
Also one is named Skyy and the other D’wayne.  Skyy > D’wayne, no contest. 

In all seriousness this is a good point. D’wayne didn’t do anything for me last year. I like Skyy and would love to be able to get him with a mid 2nd rounder or later if possible. 

Also one is named Skyy and the other D’wayne.  Skyy > D’wayne, no contest. 

In all seriousness this is a good point. D’wayne didn’t do anything for me last year. I like Skyy and would love to be able to get him with a mid 2nd rounder or later if possible. 
It’s pretty rare for a non power 5 player to come out early. It’s clearly a sign IMO that the NFL thinks there is something special there.

I get that Eskridge is older and that is a negative. I thought Eskridge was more explosive coming out than Moore looks in his highlights so I was wondering why Moore had such an “edge” as a prospect. What does he show on the field that makes him such a better draft option than Eskridge as they are pretty similar physically? 

I get that Eskridge is older and that is a negative. I thought Eskridge was more explosive coming out than Moore looks in his highlights so I was wondering why Moore had such an “edge” as a prospect. What does he show on the field that makes him such a better draft option than Eskridge as they are pretty similar physically? 
I think people would say Moore is smoother. People seem to love his release off the line. Sounds like he might be the best in the class at getting off the line, creating space and getting into his route. I’ll leave that up to people better at the details than I.

I want to be clear on the age thing. When I say Skyy is younger, I don’t mean that’s an advantage because you will get more years from him. I mean it in the sense that it’s a big sign of talent and potential.  Experience and physical growth is huge for teens-young adults. So dominating at 21 is much more impressive than dominating at 23 in the same way that a good HS varsity football season from a sophomore is much more impressive than the equivalent season from a senior because we can imagine how much better that sophomore is likely to be by the time they hit senior year. 

There’s data that correlates to breakout age and early declares being pretty important for WRs. The fact Sky we out producing Eskridge while being 2 years younger and then he got the messages from the NFL that they thought he was NFL ready is a big indicator that this player could be special. 

If you are a casual observer of the draft, you might think that after you get to the end of the 1st round, the only WR available is Skyy Moore. 

Who tf is this guy's publicist??

Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore was listed as the number one Day 2 prospect in the upcoming NFL draft.

Moore (5'9"/195) has been a popular name in draft circles and has been a prodigious riser in the pre-draft process. He's tested very well, and his production at Western Michigan speaks for itself. He is on the smaller side and played in the MAC which is what is making him a Day 2 pick, but he'll be one of the top picks on that second day. Rounding out the list are Oklahoma's Nick Bonitto, UConn's Travis Jones, Auburn's Roger McCreary and Montana State's Troy Anderson. 

SOURCE: PFF College on Twitter

Mar 31, 2022, 4:39 PM ET

PFF's Austin Gayle compared Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore to former Notre Dame WR Golden Tate. 

Moore (5'9/195) has been a nice riser throughout the process. His career with the Broncos blossomed this year with quarterback Kaleb Eleby. Their chemistry in the passing game was outstanding, leading the team with 94 receptions and 10 touchdowns. The comparison to Tate is one that makes sense. Tate was able to use his quickness and speed to his advantage, gaining separation and rendering his size a moot point in the league. Moore has those same traits and can thrive in the league using those.

SOURCE: Austin Gayle

Apr 2, 2022, 12:56 AM ET

Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore has outdone Group of Five wide receivers over recent history.

It's easy to get caught up in Power Five players -- they're the ones who garner the most national attention and play against the highest level of competition. But there are Group of Five gems to be found and Moore (5'9/195) is one of them who has rightfully experienced a meteoric rise. Moore, now projected to be a first-round pick, has the highest overall grade by a wide receiver since 2021 (91.6).

Apr 5, 2022, 9:01 PM ET

Brian Baldinger@BaldyNFL

@WMU_Football @skyymoore24 can play inside or outside b/c of his quickness and ability to separate. But this RPO is a good looking play. Maybe in the NFL the safety destroys the Wr blocking or recognizes the route and plays over the top. Add to Playbook. #BaldysBreakdowns

>>> LINK to vid 🎥

-----------------------------

Brent Sobleski@brentsobleski

Didn't realize until just now that Western Michigan's Skyy Moore had the biggest hands (10 1/4 inches) among wide receivers at this year's NFL combine. Moore is a sub-5'10", 195-pound target.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teams that might not have an actual high 2nd Round selection might want to knock on Detroit 32-34, Jets have 2 in the Top 5-10 of the 2nd Rd and Seattle at 40-41 also prime for some one to strike a trade up to get someone they want. 

PFF's Austin Gayle believes that Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore would be viewed as a first-round talent if he went to a power five school.

The love for Moore (5'9/195) has been growing throughout the process. Coming from Western Michigan, Moore didn't get the most publicity throughout the season. Once the process began, his stock started to skyrocket. Gayle saying that being at an FBS school would have him being viewed as a first-round pick has some merit. His releases, explosiveness, and speed are all top-tier in this class.

SOURCE: PFF Draft

Apr 11, 2022, 1:06 PM ET

If you are a casual observer of the draft, you might think that after you get to the end of the 1st round, the only WR available is Skyy Moore. 

Who tf is this guy's publicist??
Moore was the high-school QB for Pittsburgh's Shadyside Academy where he threw to a wide receiver named Dino Tomlin, son of Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin. 

Western Michigan’s Skyy Moore quickly adapts to WR, makes name for himself while posting big numbers

...Pro Football Focus charted Moore with 26 missed tackles forced last season, tops among receivers. He caught 95 passes for 1,292 yards, a 13.6 average and 10 touchdowns.

...Moore put in the time to turn his weaknesses into strengths. Lester said he ran a 4.79-second 40-yard dash as a freshman before he got in the weight room and trained. He cut the time to 4.62 as a sophomore, 4.53 as a junior and clocked a blistering 4.41 at the combine.

...The knock on Moore is he lacks ideal height. But he has a 74-inch wingspan, and his 10¼-inch hands were the largest among the receivers at the combine.

“He plays like he’s 6-3,” Lester said. “So that’s why he’s so unique.”

Moore projects as a slot receiver in the NFL but excelled inside and outside for the Broncos.

Chiefs selected Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore with the No. 54 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Moore (5'10/195) declared for the NFL after a stellar three-year career and is the first early declare wide receiver from a non-Power Five conference to be selected in the top three rounds since Davante Adams in 2014. Fittingly, Moore checks all of the boxes analytically. He was highly efficient in his three seasons and capped his college career with a 41% yardage share and a 45% TD share. Moore was not a deep threat in college, but with a 4.41 40, he showed that he can't be ignored downfield. Moore will do most of his damage on the intermediate level and has the versatility to play outside or in the slot. He profiles on the Golden Tate spectrum.

Apr 29, 2022, 8:51 PM ET

I guess I'll be a pool pisser and say I'm really not all that impressed with Skyy.  Catching passes from Mahomes is the only reason why I'm interested.  

Mahomes you say?

❤️
He might just be the best rookie WR this season.

The other WRs drafted landed in poor to average spots and I don't love Wilson as a prospect.

The limited tape I've seem of him shows real explosiveness, although highlight reels should always be viewed with caution because they lack context and do not account for game flow.

Users who are viewing this thread