What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Javon Baker, NE (1 Viewer)

Sitting at 3.05 in a 1QB and we are currently at 3.01 and he’s still on the board. Potential upside is legit and there’s a clear path to early targets. Fingers crossed
Unless you have other targets you like similarly, seems like the time to try and move up for your guy

Got him. Had faith he would stay on the board and wanted to let the draft come to me without giving up any more picks. Corley was also still there as a consolation prize. Sinnott/Davis/Irving/McMillan went in round 3 before me. Was a nice feeling to look at the players before draft even started, highlight Baker as the man I wanted ( barring any crazy outliers ) then just sit and wait and have it happen. So often isn’t the case

Sinnott is fine but zero chance I take those other 3 over Baker. Nice job. Sinnott, Burton, Polk, Baker, McCaffrey are my targets in that range. Like them all quite a bit. Guessing Polk and Burton were already gone.
I'd have taken Corley.

He might be the safest not to bust out of all of them, but I have a lower ceiling on him than the others. Corley should step right in and catch 40+ balls no problem though. Maybe you see a wider range of outcomes for him.
Javon Baker IMO does have strong upside. That's in general and specific to his situation where he can realistically be the WR1 on his own team. I won't even argue with anyone who thinks Baker has more upside. I think that's valid. But while I know he's good in the YAC department I tend to view him as more of a lower volume big play WR and in general not a very consistent player.

Corley just has a better combo of floor and upside to me. Also, and this debateable because Garrett Wilson is clearly the #1, a clearer path to his role and as as weak as NE's corp appears to be I still think it's mot likely Baker is not a starter to begin the season and I'll be surprised if Corley is not the week one starting slot WR with Rodgers throwing him t him while Baker likely has Brissett. This actually matters a decent amount as in this range none of them are locks to make my opening roster, and I side with the player I think has a better shot of giving and showing me a reason to keep him.

Sitting at 3.05 in a 1QB and we are currently at 3.01 and he’s still on the board. Potential upside is legit and there’s a clear path to early targets. Fingers crossed
Unless you have other targets you like similarly, seems like the time to try and move up for your guy

Got him. Had faith he would stay on the board and wanted to let the draft come to me without giving up any more picks. Corley was also still there as a consolation prize. Sinnott/Davis/Irving/McMillan went in round 3 before me. Was a nice feeling to look at the players before draft even started, highlight Baker as the man I wanted ( barring any crazy outliers ) then just sit and wait and have it happen. So often isn’t the case

Sinnott is fine but zero chance I take those other 3 over Baker. Nice job. Sinnott, Burton, Polk, Baker, McCaffrey are my targets in that range. Like them all quite a bit. Guessing Polk and Burton were already gone.
I'd have taken Corley.

He might be the safest not to bust out of all of them, but I have a lower ceiling on him than the others. Corley should step right in and catch 40+ balls no problem though. Maybe you see a wider range of outcomes for him.
Javon Baker IMO does have strong upside. That's in general and specific to his situation where he can realistically be the WR1 on his own team. I won't even argue with anyone who thinks Baker has more upside. I think that's valid. But while I know he's good in the YAC department I tend to view him as more of a lower volume big play WR and in general not a very consistent player.

Corley just has a better combo of floor and upside to me. Also, and this debateable because Garrett Wilson is clearly the #1, a clearer path to his role and as as weak as NE's corp appears to be I still think it's mot likely Baker is not a starter to begin the season and I'll be surprised if Corley is not the week one starting slot WR with Rodgers throwing him t him while Baker likely has Brissett. This actually matters a decent amount as in this range none of them are locks to make my opening roster, and I side with the player I think has a better shot of giving and showing me a reason to keep him.

Yeah I agree with your analysis. Guys like him are a little easier to keep in TriFlex because you still have 20 spots but no K or D. And if I have a strong team I’d rather try to squeeze the highest ceiling guy onto my roster, rather than higher floor and ceiling I don’t quite believe in. Just think Corley’s job description will have a natural ceiling of like 125-150 points, while Baker could get 200-225 range. I’d agree the former is more likely though.

Users who are viewing this thread