What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (5 Viewers)

And Waddle is pace for over 1500 yards receiving and 11 TDs. Together Hill and Waddle might reach 3500 receiving yards and 20+ TDs. That has to be a record for a duo.

Funny that we thought Hill would miss Mahomes. We're seeing that Hill is THAT good.

One question this offseason was if Mahomes would miss Tyreek more, or Tyreek would miss Mahomes more. The consensus was that Tyreek would miss Mahomes. But while watching the Chiefs game last night I couldn't help but notice the coverage pressure Mahomes faced again and again. These were situations where Tyreek could always get open in previous seasons, providing a safety valve beyond Kelce. It's hard to argue that Mahomes isn't missing Tyreek at this point in the season.

Mahomes does miss Tyreek, but he's still having another MVP-type season. One thing I know for sure is that Mahomes could hit Hill in stride for those bomb TDs, and I don't see that being duplicated. Also, 3 TDs is on the low side.

I would say both are thriving in different ways without the other.

He was perfect for an Andy Reid offense. Chiefs have to have some serious regrets they couldn’t re-sign him. He’s been otherworldly in Miami and has been a big help in igniting Tua’s career.

Tyreek Hill caught 9-of-13 targets for 146 yards and a touchdown in the Dolphins' Week 13 loss to the 49ers.​

Jaylen Waddle was banged up with a leg injury in this game, putting Hill in an even better spot to secure targets. He did exactly that, earning a 38 percent target share. Per usual, he connected with Tua Tagovailoa for a massive play. This time it was a 45-yard touchdown score on a perfectly-placed deep shot. Waddle played through his injury but appeared hobbled by it, meaning we could see more of Hill's massive role in Week 14. Hill and the Dolphins face the Chargers next week.
Dec 4, 2022, 7:39 PM ET

CBS (yes I know - dinosaur) has yet to give Hill pts for the TD. Quite the controversy as it is affecting a win and in game. Y! And Sleeper have given him the pts. Can someone tell me how other platforms are handling?

CBS (yes I know - dinosaur) has yet to give Hill pts for the TD. Quite the controversy as it is affecting a win and in game. Y! And Sleeper have given him the pts. Can someone tell me how other platforms are handling?

Appears the official scoring is fumble return for a TD. No rushing yards, no rushing TD.

My Fantasy League gave him TD but no rushing yards. Not sure if that's the site or our league settings though.

Hoping he didn’t suffer a dreaded high ankle sprain and won’t miss much time moving forward
What are you talking about? He played after getting taped up. You don’t do that with a HAS
He left the game and didn’t return after his last tape up. Sprinted straight, drew an illegal contact then jogged off gingerly with his head down. You could see it was progressively getting worse for him as he tried to play through it.

Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel told reporters that Tyreek Hill is dealing with "bumps and bruises he'll be able to work through."​

It's great news for Hill, who was battling through injury against the Chargers. Hill will have one less day to recover than normal, given the Dolphins face the Bills on Saturday night for their Week 15 tilt. However, he seems likely to handle close to a full slate of routes in a pivotal game for the Dolphins' playoff chances.
SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter
Dec 12, 2022, 4:46 PM ET

Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel told reporters that Tyreek Hill is dealing with "bumps and bruises he'll be able to work through."​

It's great news for Hill, who was battling through injury against the Chargers. Hill will have one less day to recover than normal, given the Dolphins face the Bills on Saturday night for their Week 15 tilt. However, he seems likely to handle close to a full slate of routes in a pivotal game for the Dolphins' playoff chances.
SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter
Dec 12, 2022, 4:46 PM ET
starting with confidence
Given the weather conditions, I wouldn’t expect much from either passing attack

Tyreek Hill caught 9-of-13 targets for 69 yards and one touchdown in the Dolphins' Week 15 loss to the Bills.​

Hill was targeted early and often once again, leading the team in targets by a wide margin. From a macro perspective, Hill and Waddle continued their firm grasp on the bulk of production through the air for Miami, commanding 20 targets on 30 Tua pass attempts. Hill remains a top-tier WR1 as the Dolphins prepare to host the Packers in Week 16.
Dec 18, 2022, 12:07 AM ET

Tyreek Hill caught 7-of-15 targets for 69 yards in the Dolphins' Wild Card Round loss to the Bills.​

After forcing a trade from Kansas City in the offseason, Hill found himself paired with a quarterback other than Patrick Mahomes for the first time since 2018. Seemingly getting a massive downgrade at quarterback, fantasy drafters universally agreed that Hill should be viewed as a risky, low-end WR1. Instead of struggling in the new offense, Hill thrived, posting the best season of his career by receptions (119) and yards (1,710). First-year head coach Mike McDaniel made Hill the focal point of Miami’s passing attack. Tua Tagovailoa peppered him with deep throws and darts over the middle of the field. The massive role and great scheme fit led to Hill pacing the NFL in yards per route run (3.2) by a laughably large margin. Miami’s offense slowed toward the end of the season even before Tua got hurt, but Hill still posted some big games down the stretch. He will enter the season with expectations of another top-three fantasy finish at his position.
Jan 15, 2023, 6:09 PM ET

I thought his time was pretty impressive. For Tyreek to have put his body thru 7 NFL seasons of punishment and still run this fast is actually incredible. Most NFL WRs have slowed down considerably by the age of 29. If this race had elite competition, Tyreek clearly wouldn’t have won, but his finishing time would have been even faster.

If this is true, sell

Sell with 3 years of elite play left?

If this is true, sell

Doh, 2025 is 3 years away in this case. Stupid late night posting

If this is true, sell

At 32, he is probaby on big decline anyways. This is non fantasy impact. If selling, you were thinking about it before this revelaction

If this is true, sell

Doh, 2025 is 3 years away in this case. Stupid late night posting

His 2025 contract salary is insane as well, something like a $40MM base salary. Something will happen by then but still aways away as you amended.

If this is true, sell

At 32, he is probaby on big decline anyways. This is non fantasy impact. If selling, you were thinking about it before this revelaction
Yeah, but when moving him in deals that part was ambiguous before.

Now it’s absolutely concrete. It definitely hurts his trade value knowing for certain.

Theoretically I agree with you - no one dealing for him expects him to play until he’s 40.

And in that light maybe it creates a slightly depressed market for a competitive team to acquire him.

Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said Tyreek Hill is "night and day ahead" of where he was during the spring and summer of 2022.

Hill has been limited during OTAs with a small injury that hasn't seemed to concern the team too much. “Tyreek is probably the least I’m worried about him being physically able to perform his tasks, and I will say he’s been executing his assignments in walkthroughs,” McDaniel said. “He is putting his best foot forward, is night and day ahead of where he was last year with regard to the offense and has his mind set on improving and being even better from last year, which is the only place we want.” Hill last year had the second most wideout receptions (119) and the second most receiving yards (1,710). Another year in McDaniel's hyper-efficient offensive system and a full season for Tua Tagovailoa could produce downright silly numbers for the fastest player in the NFL. Pro Football Network's Adam Beasley suggested 2022 may have been Hill's statistical floor in Miami's offense.
RELATED:

SOURCE: ProFootballNetwork.com
Jun 7, 2023 at 12:19 PM ET

Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said Tyreek Hill is "night and day ahead" of where he was during the spring and summer of 2022.

Hill has been limited during OTAs with a small injury that hasn't seemed to concern the team too much. “Tyreek is probably the least I’m worried about him being physically able to perform his tasks, and I will say he’s been executing his assignments in walkthroughs,” McDaniel said. “He is putting his best foot forward, is night and day ahead of where he was last year with regard to the offense and has his mind set on improving and being even better from last year, which is the only place we want.” Hill last year had the second most wideout receptions (119) and the second most receiving yards (1,710). Another year in McDaniel's hyper-efficient offensive system and a full season for Tua Tagovailoa could produce downright silly numbers for the fastest player in the NFL. Pro Football Network's Adam Beasley suggested 2022 may have been Hill's statistical floor in Miami's offense.
RELATED:

SOURCE: ProFootballNetwork.com
Jun 7, 2023 at 12:19 PM ET
McDaniel is the new Pete Carroll as far as preseason hype

𝗨𝗣𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘: Tyreek Hill is under investigation by police for an assault/battery incident in Miami, per
@TMZ_Sports

Don't like that

Early speculation seems like it was an altercation with an employee whom Hill had chartered a boat from. Andy Slater, who I guess is a Fox Sports Radio guy says Hill hit the man on the back of the head but the man does not wish to press charges. Obviously something to keep an eye on.

Don't like that

Early speculation seems like it was an altercation with an employee whom Hill had chartered a boat from. Andy Slater, who I guess is a Fox Sports Radio guy says Hill hit the man on the back of the head but the man does not wish to press charges. Obviously something to keep an eye on.
The incident happened on Sunday. And today he and Drew Rosenhaus were on a boat and someone caught a shark. It looks like Drew swimming with a snorkel in the water with a large tired dusky shark

Users who are viewing this thread