What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

𝗨𝗣𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘: Tyreek Hill is under investigation by police for an assault/battery incident in Miami, per
@TMZ_Sports

Don't like that

Early speculation seems like it was an altercation with an employee whom Hill had chartered a boat from. Andy Slater, who I guess is a Fox Sports Radio guy says Hill hit the man on the back of the head but the man does not wish to press charges. Obviously something to keep an eye on.
Alvin Kamara beat the piss out of some guy, with three other guys, close to 18 months ago and it's on camera. Isn't going to trial until 7/31.

One of those June stories...

the man does not wish to press charges

that usually means the investigation stops, right?

when I first moved here we had two old timey mafioso guys in the neighborhood stab each other in the street in Carroll Gardens. no charges field bc when police interviewed both of them from their hospital beds - same hospital lol - they were uncooperative, and neither wished to press charges. finito.

when I first moved here we had two old timey mafioso guys in the neighborhood stab each other in the street in Carroll Gardens. no charges field bc when police interviewed both of them from their hospital beds - same hospital lol - they were uncooperative, and neither wished to press charges. finito.
doesn't necessarily mean it stops there. The prosecutor can decide to press charges.

Maybe but I suppose the man could reconsider once a lawyer or family get to him. Also, if he’s an employee, could the owner of business press charges?

doesn't necessarily mean it stops there. The prosecutor can decide to press charges.
They could though this doesn’t sound like it warrants that (assuming it’s as minor as it’s described)

cursory research shows victims don't control if someone is charged. however, in many cases the prosecutor will not proceed if conviction is unlikely without the victim's cooperation, statement and/or testimony.

cursory research shows victims don't control if someone is charged. however, in many cases the prosecutor will not proceed if conviction is unlikely without the victim's cooperation, statement and/or testimony.
With no "victim" it makes the case extremely difficult and is usually a losing proposition, so it doesn't happen often.

Hill always seems to get away with things like this and I expect more of the same. Great football player. **** human.

Last edited:
With no "victim" it makes the case extremely difficult and is a losing proposition, so it doesn't happen often.

Hill always seems to get away with things like this and I expect more of the same. Great football player. **** human.

agreed on all counts

WR3 behind JJ & Chase in redraft, marginally ahead of Kupp (subject to change) - def couldn't see him below 4th.

it's not a moral dilemma for me. it's not that IDC, I try to be very empathetic and compassionate - I abhor violence and folks who perpetrate it. I'm also forgiving to the extreme and believe in 4th/5th/6th chances. never had addictions but dealt with it, saw incredible turnarounds (& of course plenty of sad relapses.)

that proclivity of mine is perhaps not applicable to criminals. from everything I have seen over the last decade Tyreek has the mindset and behavior of a narcissistic career criminal. those folks do tend to "keep getting away with it", in part bc of power perceptions, maybe partly due to world class gas lighting. I know some of these guys grew up in crappy environments surrounded by problem solving through violence. that's another conversation.

anyway, I can't solve all the world's problems, I just sort of ignore the person and focus on the production. I'm not rooting for the player, it's just clinical analysis of data to produce outcome optimization.

I'm also a complete hypocrite - when it comes to actual fandom, I want the Lions to only have high character players with impeccable integrity. one of the things I like best about Holmes and Campbell is their emphasis on getting the right kinds of players, guys who love ball and are good people. gambling snafu aside, they have collected a bunch of good guys in the locker room who are focused on keeping the main thing the main thing.

I just listened to a Dolphins podcast, they talked about hearing that Tyreek’s group mistakenly boarded the wrong boat, which led to some unpleasant words being exchanged between Tyreek’s group and the people who work/own the wrongly boarded boat. This led to someone in Tyreek’s group slapping a person who they thought crossed the line on the language they were using. They are not sure even if Tyreek was the person who did the slap, only that it was done by someone in his group. They also seem to think there is video of the incident, the marina has camera coverage throughout.

I just listened to a Dolphins podcast, they talked about hearing that Tyreek’s group mistakenly boarded the wrong boat, which led to some unpleasant words being exchanged between Tyreek’s group and the people who work/own the wrongly boarded boat. This led to someone in Tyreek’s group slapping a person who they thought crossed the line on the language they were using. They are not sure even if Tyreek was the person who did the slap, only that it was done by someone in his group. They also seem to think there is video of the incident, the marina has camera coverage throughout.
If I’m on a boat & a [famous anyone] walks on my boat, I immediately offer them a cocktail & chill with [famous person + entourage] for however long.

I’ll never understand stories like this. Life is fun. You on a boat. Enjoy yourself.

If I’m on a boat & a [famous anyone] walks on my boat, I immediately offer them a cocktail & chill with [famous person + entourage] for however long.

I’ll never understand stories like this. Life is fun. You on a boat. Enjoy yourself.
Right

And if my group makes a mistake and boards the wrong boat, we would apologize and get to the right boat. Not get in a fight and assault someone because they said the magic word lol

Easy to hate this guy and make assumptions but not enough facts out there yet.

Also, I can think of many circumstances where I would not want a famous person and their entourage on my boat, many of which would involve their behaviour. I would rather hang out with regular folk than trash celebrities.

These new incidents remind people of the old incidents. A Miami Herald top story:

>>Hill, 29, is one of the biggest names in the NFL but before the Dolphins made the blockbuster trade for him last offseason, he had a history of legal troubles with the Kansas City Chiefs and in college.

In 2014, Hill was dismissed from Oklahoma State’s football team after being arrested and accused of domestic violence. Hill allegedly threw his pregnant girlfriend around “like a ragdoll,” punched her in the face, sat on her, punched her in the stomach and choked her, according to a police report obtained by the Tulsa World in Oklahoma. Hill pleaded guilty to domestic assault and battery by strangulation. He received three years of probation and was sentenced to enroll in a year-long anger-management course, a program designed to rehabilitate those who’ve been convicted of battery.

And in 2019, Hill was the subject of a criminal investigation for alleged battery after an incident left his son, then 3, with a broken arm. As of 2019, the case was inactive after medical investigations determined the arm was broken by accident. Hill did not receive any discipline from the NFL.

Before trading for Hill last March, the Dolphins spoke to a range of people with connections to, and knowledge of, Hill in and out of the league. General Manager Chris Grier said at last year’s owners meetings that the team felt “comfortable” making the deal after conducting their background check. “And the expectation, like him, will be for every player on the roster — it’s to be a good teammate and a good citizen in South Florida,” Grier said.<<

Tyreek Hill has a history of legal problems relating to alleged violence

And if my group makes a mistake and boards the wrong boat, we would apologize and get to the right boat. Not get in a fight and assault someone because they said the magic word lol
Seriously. WTF is wrong with people? Everyone involved is wealthy enough to either own a boat or rent it out for an excursion. Seems to be no reason to get up in arms about a simple mistake. What a world.

More details.

>>
According to the report, officers arrived to the marina at approximately 4:48 p.m. and were told by the victim that it started when he noticed two women on one of the charter boats owned by Kelley Fishing Fleet without permission.

As the boat’s captain was telling the women they had to get off the boat, police said an argument began between employees of the charter company and members of the group that the women were with.

Police said Hill was being pushed away from the argument by a member of his group when he “reached out and slapped the victim on the back of the neck with an open hand,” according to the report.

The report states Hill then charged at the victim but was pushed away again, after which he fled the scene.

There were no visible injuries on the victim, according to the report.

Police have told Local 10 News the investigation is still active and ongoing.<<

Police report states Tyreek Hill allegedly slapped victim in neck during Haulover Marina incident

We may never be able to verify the details. Andy Slater has been reliable at these things.

BTW, Hill has endorsements and post-football businesses at risk. My bet is that he stays out of trouble and is a top #10 WR. The Miami WR room is deep, so it will be hard to be top 5.

>>SLATER SCOOP: The Tyreek Hill police investigation is over, sources say.

Cops told the alleged victim he would have to go to the state attorney’s office if he decides to pursue criminal charges.

MORE DETAILS: Hill’s crew boarded a boat without permission, as I previously reported, leading to the alleged incident.

Boat employees told cops that Hill said “I can buy you and the boat” and “I’m No. 10 with the Miami Dolphins,” according to a senior law-enforcement source.<<

I would think the normal thing to do if I got on the wrong boat is to say excuse me, my bad, and exit the boat. Why the fuss?

I don’t know, but if I were to guess, I’d say 10 felt ‘dissed’

Boat employees told cops that Hill said “I can buy you and the boat” and “I’m No. 10 with the Miami Dolphins,” according to a senior law-enforcement source.<<

🙄

I would think the normal thing to do if I got on the wrong boat is to say excuse me, my bad, and exit the boat. Why the fuss?

🙄
Yeah, I am not okay with someone like him remaining on "my boat." The entitlement here is ridiculous.

🙄
It is sad when individuals start trouble in the name of "disrespected". People are dying right and left in Chicago because of this.

In all fairness I believe the breaking of his kid's arm was determined to be an accident.
It was, and I obviously can't say he did it for sure, but there was a lot of odd circumstances around it and his baby mama changed her story once she realized Hill going to jail brings the gravy train to an end.

I believe he got away with that one as well, but obviously I can not know for sure. Since this is a message board and not a court of law, I can make assumptions.

So, even if the famous person is a total a-hole, you would offer them a drink and let them hang out as long as they want and more than likely ruin your good time?

Wow. You are a much nicer person than I am

While I don't know all the details, I do know the venue and the reputation of those at that Marina.

I'm sure it was an innocent mistake that likely escalated bc the owners of the boat saw people board the boat without permission. Now, people of color or not, I am sure the language would not have been "very Christian" and a lot of those charter boats look the same and are parked in such a way that you could make that mistake. If it was a bunch of drunk white guys (you don't go on a charter boat fishing sober) it likely goes the same way but since those guys aren't famous you only see the issue from the sandbar nearby.

Guys who are charter boat captains aren't exactly social etiquette experts either.

While I don't know all the details, I do know the venue and the reputation of those at that Marina.

I'm sure it was an innocent mistake that likely escalated bc the owners of the boat saw people board the boat without permission. Now, people of color or not, I am sure the language would not have been "very Christian" and a lot of those charter boats look the same and are parked in such a way that you could make that mistake. If it was a bunch of drunk white guys (you don't go on a charter boat fishing sober) it likely goes the same way but since those guys aren't famous you only see the issue from the sandbar nearby.

Guys who are charter boat captains aren't exactly social etiquette experts either.
If the boat captain treats you poorly because you got on the wrong boat you still have options

Probably the best course of action in that situation is to be humble.

If the boat captain treats you poorly because you got on the wrong boat you still have options
Now, We all have had someone who still goes at us after we have "gone humble". I've had plenty of situations where I went "my bad" and the other person kept yapping. Generally they get another, "as I just said, my bad." and they still keep at it. Generally after the second "My bad" if they keep yapping then it is game on! Now, add to that women were involved, getting in and out of a boat with a group ain't easy, and I doubt Tyreek has the same "long fuse" I do. That all being said, there is always a "rush to judgement" in stuff like this when all the facts are not known.

Just more of the excuse making, on his behalf, that has given him the sense of entitlement he displays and has let him get away with being a dirtbag most of his adult life.

Just more of the excuse making, on his behalf, that has given him the sense of entitlement he displays and has let him get away with being a dirtbag most of his adult life.
Agree. Has had people making excuses for his behavior his whole adult life because he is really good at football.

Even if the boat owner wasn’t cordial (which we don’t know), just walk away. Regardless of the “length of your fuse” I seriously doubt the boat owner threatened any physical action.

So, even if the famous person is a total a-hole, you would offer them a drink and let them hang out as long as they want and more than likely ruin your good time?

That’s….not what I said.

That’s….not what I said.
Yeah, the picture I envisioned from your post did not exactly look like someone ruining your good time.

That’s….not what I said.
Yeah, the picture I envisioned from your post did not exactly look like someone ruining your good time.
What about when Tyreek slapped HSG in the back of the head? :wink:

That’s….not what I said.
Don't worry. Gatorman just said "my bad" so it's all taken care of now....

That’s….not what I said.
That would obviously change the scenario in this hypothetical.

But then, I wouldn’t have called him names either.

That’s….not what I said.
That would obviously change the scenario in this hypothetical.

But then, I wouldn’t have called him names either.
I just saw words were exchanged. Sure the boat owner "called him names"? I guess the video will be released soon.

Users who are viewing this thread