What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (1 Viewer)

Opens thread hoping for news about football, still sees the same back n forth BS. This thread is a disaster. 
Umm....not really sure what you were expecting....?...this is what is going on right now with him....so thats where the discussion is focused...the whole “keep it about football” kind of takes a backseat right now ..if there is any real “breaking news”  (suspension/no suspension etc.) it would probably be all over the place/notifications etc....it will be pretty big news......not sure what you were wanting....projections, stats, is he going to return punts/kicks, is somebody stealing his job and he is WR4 on the depth chart now....?...once you hear a suspension is handed down or not handed down, then maybe check back in for “news about football” as it relates to him....otherwise the back and forth discussion about how owners and FF players view the situation and how they have reacted so far, etc is what is going to be taking place because that is where we are at.... :shrug:

Seems like a major stretch IMO. She’s talking about the son being terrified of him and he responds she should be too. Are we thinking Tyreek meant the son should be terrified of him (Hill) releasing dirt on him ( the 4 year old) as well? 
Nope

Good luck to those who choose to die defending this (Tyreek) hill.
I’m not sure you can find a post where someone is defending Hill in this thread....mostly because he hasn’t been convicted or accused of anything....so there is nothing to defend...

we still know pretty much zero details about anything that may or may not have happened....and if you want to talk about the phone call, depending on context (which we don’t know for sure)....there may not be much to see there either....

defending the “process” and maybe letting things shake out....is not defending Hill.....that seems to be a hard thing for some people to understand....and its actually those that were the opposite of defending him and were convicting him prematurely are the ones that may have died on this “hill”....

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure you can find a post where someone is defending Hill in this thread....mostly because he hasn’t been convicted or accused of anything....so there is nothing to defend...

we still know pretty much zero details about anything that may or may not have happened....and if you want to talk about the phone call, depending on context (which we don’t know for sure)....there may not be much to see there either....

defending the “process” and maybe letting things shake out....is not defending Hill.....that seems to be a hard thing for some people to understand....and its actually those that were the opposite of defending him and were convicting him prematurely are the ones that may have died on this “hill”....
Curious how, in defending Hill, you go to great lengths rationalizing how there's no need to defend Hill.  

Have no idea what this means.....please tell me what exactly I am defending him on/from...
You've been quite invested in blaming the mom for everything.  From speculating she has Münchausen to dismissing Hill's actions because she's "pushing his buttons," her "condition/mental state," mocking/minimizing that she previously was a "victim" (for getting punched in the stomach while pregnant).  

You might not be a misogynist, but your entire shtick in this thread has been a grotesque display from the start.

Ok so then when he says “too” you’re saying he means she should be terrified as well (but for an entirely different reason than the one they were talking about at the moment). Again seems very far fetched IMO. I’ve followed this thread very closely as Hill’s ultimate punishment will dictate my main draft and agree with a lot of what you’re saying. But I don’t really buy that his comments could be anything other than a physical threat/intimidation. 

You've been quite invested in blaming the mom for everything.  From speculating she has Münchausen to dismissing Hill's actions because she's "pushing his buttons," her "condition/mental state," mocking/minimizing that she previously was a "victim" (for getting punched in the stomach while pregnant).  

You might not be a misogynist, but your entire shtick in this thread has been a grotesque display from the start.
Haven’t blamed the mom for anything just commented on the things she has admitted too and a report where somebody else referred to her possibly having Munchausen. She admitted to trying to shame him, so that is where the pushing his buttons thing comes from and her agenda when she pre plans to record a phone call. I never mocked or minimized her as a victim, I said Hill was a scumbag and POS for what he did to her previously.  She has admitted to some pretty bad things and some were hinting at giving her a hall pass because she was a previous victim. I get that victims of abuse sometimes develop their own survival skills and feel a need to handle things differently but I also feel that she has admitted to doing some of the things maybe with bad intentions, bad agendas, and premeditation. Not entirely because she was abused by him in the past. There is a lot of dysfunction here and she admits to having a role in it.  You can think of me however you want, but please don’t put words in my mouth or try to spin the things I have said into something they are not.  The thing is not a single poster on this thread knows for sure what all the details are here yet, but it seems like all of those that thought they did and convicted Hill for breaking the kids arm, etc. may have jumped the gun.  

Back to FF.

What do we expect his ADP to be assuming the 4 week suspension rumor is accurate?  5th round?
Earlier. I’d say early 4th. Maybe late 3rd. Didn’t Ingram have a late 4th ADP when he had the 4 game suspension? Hill >>> Ingram.

This catflight slapping between each other is exactly what I'm talking about that we don't want.

Drop it. 

When you post, ask yourself, "am I talking about another poster or am I talking 100% about the player". If it's even 1% about another poster, don't post it. 
It would also be a nice pretext to this rule that posters not use this or other SP threads for the purpose of maligning and denigrating women. 

Tyreek Hill is the #1 WR in FF again once he gets past all this. A true threat to score 20 TDs in a season as long as Mahomes is throwing to him. 

Back to FF.

What do we expect his ADP to be assuming the 4 week suspension rumor is accurate?  5th round?
If you have confidence in your drafting skills and its only 4 games....I think you zig before others zag....if thats means wherever you are in the 4th and he is on the board....why not...?....maybe even late third...

if you come out of the first four weeks 2-2 and then you get to add him....the sting of him maybe “costing” you two losses won’t hurt so much....dominant the “flex” spot /first backup players of your draft in rounds 7-10 to fill in for four weeks and then roll with Hill after that...I realize 4 games is basically a quarter of a 12-13 week regular FF season but it still might pay off...

I will also add....KC has a week 12 bye....the last bye week of the season and for some depending on how your league is set up, it could be a big week....or maybe even a DH week....so he really misses 5 games of regular season play....IMO tho....his game with Mahomes can be game/season changing type of stuff......leagues I am in with DH weeks and that end after week 12 and start playoffs in week 13 (because we do a two week combined finals 15-16) are doing the DH’s weeks 2-3 ....so it hurts a little more...

one other thing is that KC is on the road in week 16 @ CHI which is the super bowl week for most leagues....so you may want to factor that in as well if you plan on being in the ship....I know most Mahomes owners should have been looking at that and maybe he is “matchup proof” but probably the worst thing you could ask for...it may even be a night game IIRC...

Yeah, probably right.  4th sounds about right. 3rd may be too rich for my blood.   
I think that was my first thought too. But if I’m already thinking I like Reek in round 4 and I’m drafting late round 3, looking at a pile of rb/wr 2s, I’d at least consider grabbing Reek there even it it means getting a slightly lower rb/wr early round 4. There’s probably going to be a group of those guys that I like close to one another but there’s only one guy who will give me just about guaranteed high end wr1 production in a month.

If you have confidence in your drafting skills and its only 4 games....I think you zig before others zag....if thats means wherever you are in the 4th and he is on the board....why not...?....maybe even late third...

if you come out of the first four weeks 2-2 and then you get to add him....the sting of him maybe “costing” you two losses won’t hurt so much....dominant the “flex” spot /first backup players of your draft in rounds 7-10 to fill in for four weeks and then roll with Hill after that...I realize 4 games is basically a quarter of a 12-13 week regular FF season but it still might pay off...

I will also add....KC has a week 12 bye....the last bye week of the season and for some depending on how your league is set up, it could be a big week....or maybe even a DH week....so he really misses 5 games of regular season play....IMO tho....his game with Mahomes can be game/season changing type of stuff......leagues I am in with DH weeks and that end after week 12 and start playoffs in week 13 (because we do a two week combined finals 15-16) are doing the DH’s weeks 2-3 ....so it hurts a little more...

one other thing is that KC is on the road in week 16 @ CHI which is the super bowl week for most leagues....so you may want to factor that in as well if you plan on being in the ship....I know most Mahomes owners should have been looking at that and maybe he is “matchup proof” but probably the worst thing you could ask for...it may even be a night game IIRC...
Good info here. I disagree with the concept that he’s actually missing 5 games because of the bye...since everyone is missing one game due to bye it’s not a unique circumstance to him. And I like the later bye. If I take him round 3 or 4 I’m hoping to draft well enough to go 2-2 or better but you have to face the reality that you’re disadvantaged for a month and could go worse then 2-2. I like having 7 weeks to right the ship and comb the wire, hopefully able to have more options for the week 12 bye. 

I would hope people know that's a given. But for sure, don't do this either. 
@Joe Bryant....Joe to me the post you are referencing was example A of a passive aggressive post that you talked about earlier and at least if not more 1% about “other posters” that you also talked about earlier....accusing other posters of “maligning and denigrating women”....?....thats pretty serious.....which I have not seen in this thread....if so, please quote the post where that happens....otherwise it seems like a text book passive aggressive post that is being allowed to get by.....Hill “ a man” had a ton of worse crap said about him in this thread....is that “ok”..?....I’ll take another suspension if I have too because most of the posters in here that have said pump the brakes from the beginning of this saga 40+ pages ago are now getting the “you are DV proponent” because those guys that convicted Hill of being guilty from the get go simply cant say they were wrong....so they start making #### up and questioning the character of posters who just asked to let this shake out and actually see the details of what happened....you have to admit....this story has started to take a full turn in a lot of ways....been here a long time....I never got personal in this thread...I know the excellent rule...got turned in for an I told you so editing room joke comment that somebody else actually brought up first....if I get another suspension its worth it to me...IDK....it will also say a lot about how things roll here...hopefully at least you wont delete this post....and I’ll be able to see it when I get back from my vacation...if I’m allowed back........ :banned:

@Joe Bryant....Joe to me the post you are referencing was example A of a passive aggressive post that you talked about earlier and at least if not more 1% about “other posters” that you also talked about earlier....accusing other posters of “maligning and denigrating women”....?....thats pretty serious.....which I have not seen in this thread....if so, please quote the post where that happens....otherwise it seems like a text book passive aggressive post that is being allowed to get by.....Hill “ a man” had a ton of worse crap said about him in this thread....is that “ok”..?....I’ll take another suspension if I have too because most of the posters in here that have said pump the brakes from the beginning of this saga 40+ pages ago are now getting the “you are DV proponent” because those guys that convicted Hill of being guilty from the get go simply cant say they were wrong....so they start making #### up and questioning the character of posters who just asked to let this shake out and actually see the details of what happened....you have to admit....this story has started to take a full turn in a lot of ways....been here a long time....I never got personal in this thread...I know the excellent rule...got turned in for an I told you so editing room joke comment that somebody else actually brought up first....if I get another suspension its worth it to me...IDK....it will also say a lot about how things roll here...hopefully at least you wont delete this post....and I’ll be able to see it when I get back from my vacation...if I’m allowed back........ :banned:
No idea what you're talking about. Other than this seems to be exactly what we don't want in talking about other posters.

Keep it 100% on the topic of the player. Thanks. Please drop anything but productive discussion of the player. 

No idea what you're talking about. Other than this seems to be exactly what we don't want in talking about other posters.

Keep it 100% on the topic of the player. Thanks. Please drop anything but productive discussion of the player. 
Got it....100% message received....the way this all plays out will say enough in the end....I’m 100 % moving forward thinking 2-4 games tops....possibly zero....thanks for the understanding...

Milkman said:
Tyreek Hill is the #1 WR in FF again once he gets past all this. A true threat to score 20 TDs in a season as long as Mahomes is throwing to him. 
He has yet to score 1 TD in every game so far in his career.  I have a hard time seeing him score 20 TDs in a season as its only been done twice ever from what I can see.  Even Megatron and Gronk never scored 20 tds in a season.

He has yet to score 1 TD in every game so far in his career.  I have a hard time seeing him score 20 TDs in a season as its only been done twice ever from what I can see.  Even Megatron and Gronk never scored 20 tds in a season.
Yeah, but he didn't have Mahomes throwing to him.  Just some guy named Brady, who also threw for... wait for it... 50 TD's. 

Even if he gets past the recent transgressions, which it appears as though he will, my money is still on him moronicizing himself out of the league eventually.  Guy is by all accounts a first class idiot.  Thats tough to escape from.

Yeah Mahomes and Hill fit perfectly. Tyreek's ceiling in that offense with Mahomes is certainly 20+ TDs over the course of a 16 game season. 

Yeah, but he didn't have Mahomes throwing to him.  Just some guy named Brady, who also threw for... wait for it... 50 TD's. 
I'm very well aware of Brady's accolades.  I've been playing FF way before he came into the league.  Your statement doesn't really apply to what I said.

Yeah Mahomes and Hill fit perfectly. Tyreek's ceiling in that offense with Mahomes is certainly 20+ TDs over the course of a 16 game season. 
I'll believe when I see it.  It's very unlikely to happen.  Hill isn't what Rice or Moss was.  

Funny.  Now that it appears Hill wont be suspended long, people forget the Chiefs just drafted Hardman and Hill has 1 year left on his deal. 

Unless he comes back at a discount, I suspect Hill will leave the Chiefs next year as a FA.  By then Hardman should be ready to take on that role.  Still can't teach speed.  Hardman wont stay on the bench too long for that reason alone.  Mahomes + Hardman is probably the future. 

This is true but there was one big difference. Guys that were stating he obviously broke his kids arm were attacking anybody and everybody that said "hey lets wait and see the rest of the evidence". They also stated they wouldn't be fans of the KC Chiefs if the Chiefs didn't cut him.  I think we all know what they are going to do when Tyreek Hill scores his first 70 yard TD. 

Yes if he hadn't choked his fiancee almost to death I would. Dude's garbage. 

He just isnt innocent before proven guilty in my book right now. He needs to prove his innocence to me personally. Right now he's a piece of #### in my book. 

I felt like he had less than half a strike with me. This is a full strike. He is his children's protector. He doesn't let this happen in his house. 

The cops have been called twice to his house on child abuse accusations in the last 2 weeks. That's enough details for me to consider him guilty until he proves he's not. He almost killed his fiancee with his bare hands. Like he almost ended her life........
:shrug:

I was also one of the people that called him guilty (so not calling you out for that, but wasn't sure why you were calling those people out now when you were one of them), and was wrong to do so it seems right now.

I'm personally not 100% convinced that he's completely innocent here still but I also wouldn't be outraged if he's not suspended at all with the lack of evidence and the reasonable doubt created by his lawyers (which personally I find laughable but it's there).

I'll stick with my 6 game guess but anything under that including 0 would not shock me.  

Funny.  Now that it appears Hill wont be suspended long, people forget the Chiefs just drafted Hardman and Hill has 1 year left on his deal. 

Unless he comes back at a discount, I suspect Hill will leave the Chiefs next year as a FA.  By then Hardman should be ready to take on that role.  Still can't teach speed.  Hardman wont stay on the bench too long for that reason alone.  Mahomes + Hardman is probably the future. 
Speed alone isn't everything. There's no guarantee Hardman is a suitable replacement.

I know you're talking ceiling here but 20+ TD seasons don't happen very often by WRs and past history tells us Mahomes is not throwing 50 TDs every season.

When he did reach 50 last season, Hill "only" caught 12 TDs. 20+ just isn't all that realistic even as a ceiling. I love Mahomes and think he's an incredible talent, Hill also, but I think the Chiefs offense will not be quite as prolific as last season - that's just the way statistics work. 

Personally, I don't care what he's done.  I only care what his ADP will be during my draft.  Hell, I would roster Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, and Charles Manson if they were value picks.  The moral debate on Tyreek is useless.  Just as we downgrade a player for being an injury risk, you can do the same for character issues, if you choose to do so.  Final decision should be coming soon.  Hang in there, fellow FBG'ers

I know you're talking ceiling here but 20+ TD seasons don't happen very often by WRs and past history tells us Mahomes is not throwing 50 TDs every season.

When he did reach 50 last season, Hill "only" caught 12 TDs. 20+ just isn't all that realistic even as a ceiling. I love Mahomes and think he's an incredible talent, Hill also, but I think the Chiefs offense will not be quite as prolific as last season - that's just the way statistics work. 
Tyreek dropped 2 or 3 TD passes last year and Mahomes made several bad passes where if the ball placement was better Tyreek would have scored a TD. Plus last year was their first year together. They definitely have room to grow. I certainly understand your skepticism though 20 TDs is rare. I actually think Tyreek/Mahomes could be better in the next couple years. 

Tyreek dropped 2 or 3 TD passes last year and Mahomes made several bad passes where if the ball placement was better Tyreek would have scored a TD.
Things like that (bad breaks or misplays) are always going to happen and will likely be cancelled out by plays where fortune played a big role (i.e blown coverage).

I just think 20 TDs while not impossible is pretty improbable - especially when we're talking about a guy who mostly scores on big plays and is not a true red-zone threat.

There's nothing wrong with a 15 TD ceiling though. 

Things like that (bad breaks or misplays) are always going to happen and will likely be cancelled out by plays where fortune played a big role (i.e blown coverage).

I just think 20 TDs while not impossible is pretty improbable - especially when we're talking about a guy who mostly scores on big plays and is not a true red-zone threat.

There's nothing wrong with a 15 TD ceiling though. 
I don't expect most people to agree. He did score 8 times inside the 20 yard line last year. Hopefully he stays on the field and proves me right. 

Chiefs will pay handsomely for Hill because Hardman is a couple seasons away from being NFL-ready.  Sure, he's fast, but he is not nuanced.  And while you can't teach speed, he WILL have to be taught how to win in the NFL.

Tyreek Hill feeling good enough about his situation to comment on Twitter today is another good sign about his future. 

Just took Tyreek in a FFPC best ball at 3.02...would take him later in redrafts but he'd be going late first round with no suspension in best balls.  Feel good about that value for best balls.

Not sure where he's going in Dynasty start ups but even with the added off the field risk I couldn't pass on him anywhere in the 2nd. 

Speed alone isn't everything. There's no guarantee Hardman is a suitable replacement.
I agree. But the organization seems to have made it clear they had been targeting him for more than a year.  Of course, no guarantees.  Only thing guaranteed in fantasy football is none of us know Bo Diddley.  But I remember when Hill was a similar story.   

tangfoot said:
Chiefs will pay handsomely for Hill because Hardman is a couple seasons away from being NFL-ready.  Sure, he's fast, but he is not nuanced.  And while you can't teach speed, he WILL have to be taught how to win in the NFL.
I think a year may be enough.  The way I understand the offense to work, he just needs to get a step on a corner and Mahomes should be able to lead him.   Just my thoughts.  When you have speed, sometimes you don't have to be nuanced right away.  

Milkman said:
Not sure where he's going in Dynasty start ups but even with the added off the field risk I couldn't pass on him anywhere in the 2nd. 
I just took him at 3.10 in a $500 FFPC startup. I didn't think he would make it that far. 

I just took him at 3.10 in a $500 FFPC startup. I didn't think he would make it that far. 
You got to be happy with that. The off the field risk is real but no WR has higher upside over the next 3-4 years. 

Users who are viewing this thread