What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Zay Jones, ARZ (1 Viewer)

GroveDiesel said:
John Brown is #12 in receiving yards right now. Robert Woods is 24th.

And Robert Foster was a top 10 WR over the last 6 games of last season.
John Brown is a good player. I hope he stays healthy all year.

The Athletic's Tashan Reed said Zay Jones "presumably" will replace Henry Ruggs as the Raiders' "Z" receiver. 

Ruggs was waived by Vegas this week while facing a felony charge for driving under the influence in a collision resulting in the death of a 23-year-old woman. Jones, as of today, is one of three wideouts on the Vegas roster. The team is expected to make a depth signing before their Week 9 game against the Giants. Playing 21 percent of the Raiders' offensive snaps this year, Jones has made a few splash plays -- including a game-winning touchdown in Week 1 -- averaging 19.2 yards on seven receptions. Jones profiles as a boom-or-bust WR4/5 in Week 9 against the Giants. 

RELATED: 

Henry Ruggs

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Nov 4, 2021, 3:53 PM ET

Zay Jones caught 1-of-4 targets for 20 yards in the Raiders' Week 9 loss to the Giants.

With Henry Ruggs no longer on the Raiders, Jones appeared on 96 percent of the team's offensive snaps. His four targets tied Bryan Edwards, the other candidate to backfill Ruggs' role, but neither player did much with the vacancy. To his credit, Jones caught one more pass than Edwards, who dropped a goose egg. With DeSean Jackson joining the team, Jones is likely to return to WR4 duties in Week 10 against the Chiefs and fantasy managers can continue ignoring him.

Nov 8, 2021, 5:07 PM ET

Jaguars agreed to terms with WR Zay Jones, formerly of the Raiders, on a three-year, $24 million contract.

Jones can max the deal out at $30 million. This is when you know you have too much money to even know what to do with it when you're handing Jones $8 million per year and perhaps up to $10 million annually. Jones turns 27 later this month and has scored two touchdowns since the start of the 2019 season. He's failed former Bills second-round pick who "resurrected" his career with a 47-546-1 line with the Raiders last season thanks to increased playing time following Henry Ruggs' DUI-murder. Jones is unlikely to carve out a fantasy-useful role in Jacksonville.

RELATED: 

Las Vegas Raiders

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 14, 2022, 8:04 PM ET

Wasted $$$. 
For as athletic as he is, and he managed to catch everything in college, that is a real bad investment
I’m saying it’s a bad deal and he’s on the tail end of my dynasty team - so I’m secretly hoping he somehow becomes productive enough to package to someone in need of a WR.

But it’s just so so so much money FOR Zay Jones. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m saying it’s a bad deal and he’s on the tail end of my dynasty team - so I’m secretly hoping he somehow becomes productive enough to package your someone in need of a WR.

But it’s just so so so much money FOR Zay Jones. 
So you are looking to capitalize on this signing as “he is now valuable & worthy to trade for news”?  
I saw him play at East Carolina and he has dynamic athletic moves. But it never transferred to NFL field of play. 
I don’t know why it didn’t but I gave up on him long ago. 

So you are looking to capitalize on this signing as “he is now valuable & worthy to trade for news”?  

hoping they use him a lot & I can move him, yes, 

if not he’s an easy drop. 

I saw him play at East Carolina and he has dynamic athletic moves. But it never transferred to NFL field of play. 
I don’t know why it didn’t but I gave up on him long ago. 
he showed some flashes in Oakland. I liked him in college too. 

Zay Jones caught 6-of-9 passes for 65 yards in the Jaguars' Week 1 loss to the Commanders.

The Jaguars went out and gave Jones a three-year, $24 million deal this offseason, and put him to work in this one. The veteran receiver finished second on the team in targets and yards and narrowly missed a touchdown in the second quarter. Jones hauled in a 15-yard reception for his first catch of the day, and caught an 18-yard pass late in the second quarter to set up a 37-yard field goal -- which would be missed. It's unlikely Jones turns in too many big weeks, but a nine-target day can't be ignored. He's best treated as a low-end WR3 next week against the Colts.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Zay Jones caught 3-of-4 targets for 23 yards in the Jaguars' Week 2 win over the Colts.

With Trevor Lawrence's attempts dropping from 42 in Week 1 to 30 in a shutout win, Jones' targets fell from nine to four. He has still managed a solid nine grabs for 88 yards through his first two games in a Jags uniform, but he is predictably not trending close to re-draft relevance in 12-team leagues. A tough Week 3 matchup with the Chargers awaits.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Zay Jones caught 10-of-11 targets for 85 yards and a touchdown in the Jaguars' Week 3 win over the Chargers.​

Trevor Lawrence was dialed in for this game and found himself hitting up Jones on short and intermediate looks throughout the contest. Jones, for his part, ran well after the catch. Jones scored his first touchdown as a Jaguar on a Lawrence scramble in the red zone. After this week, Jones leads the Jags in receptions and is only three targets behind Christian Kirk. Kirk will likely reclaim his role as the team's top option in Week 4, but Jones is firmly in the mix for FLEX-worthy fantasy numbers going forward.
Sep 25, 2022, 8:45 PM ET

Zay Jones (ankle) did not practice Thursday.​

It's a new injury, and not exactly what you want to see out of one of this week's hottest waiver wire pickups. Jones status for Week 4 could be in question depending on how and when this happened, but there's no actual reporting on the issue yet. Friday's practice and media should bring more clarity.
Sep 29, 2022, 2:03 PM ET

I sold high from a dynasty/IDP team where I'm in a total rebuild. Got a '23 4th, Austin Calitro and a couple FA$. Figured Calitro was a dart throw at LB. I don't believe in Jones long-term. Maybe I'm wrong.

Zay Jones (ankle) is inactive for Week 4 against the Eagles.​

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported early Sunday morning that Jones was "expected to play," but the Jags evidently didn't like what they saw in pre-game warmups. It should create a targets boost for Marvin Jones, and perhaps Evan Engram. Even Christian Kirk's monster target share could creep up an inch. We would assume Jones will be ready to roll for Week 5. Joining Jones on the shelf this week are OLB K'Lavon Chaisson, WR Kendric Pryor, RB Snoop Conner, CB Montaric Brown and S Tyree Gillespie.
Oct 2, 2022, 11:33 AM ET

Might be a good pivot for this week, the targets look good and Marvin Jones is out so it will condense the targets down to him, Kirk, and Jamal.

Might be a good pivot for this week, the targets look good and Marvin Jones is out so it will condense the targets down to him, Kirk, and Jamal.
And Engram. I am playing him in one league out of desperation. I feel like Kirk is going to fed this week, so we’ll see how many targets are left for the rest of the group. 🤞

Zay Jones caught all five of his targets for 55 yards in the Jaguars' Week 6 loss to the Colts.

Jones' 26 percent target share was tied with Evan Engram for the team lead on a day when Trevor Lawrence threw just 23 times.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Zay Jones caught 4-of-10 targets for 54 yards in the Jaguars’ Week 7 loss to the Giants.

Jones put it solid work, but you would’ve liked to see him do more with 10 targets. Nonetheless he and Marvin Jones continue to be good options behind Christian Kirk. It’ll be hard to decipher which Jones will operate as the number two option in the Jags’ passing attack.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Zay Jones (chest) was limited in practice on Wednesday.​

Jones played out the entirety of last week's game against the Ravens, dominating to the tune of 11 receptions for 145 yards. A limited practice on Wednesday would suggest he should be good to go against the Lions this week, but his status will be one to monitor over the next few days. Jones has quickly developed into one of Trevor Lawrence's favorite targets and would be on the WR2/3 fantasy radar if he suits up.
Nov 30, 2022, 3:58 PM ET

Can I start this guy over McLaurin now?
Really thinking about trying to pick up Zay and dropping either DPJ or Sutton. Feels like a guessing game. I rarely win that game.
FYI -- i have Sutton and DPJ (lost Kupp) so they have been my WR's -- grabbed Zay and think I may play him over DPJ until we see what Watson has...
Now that I have Zay on my roster I need to determine which one sits from Zay, Sutton, and McLaurin. Sutton is the only decent WR on the roster and should get the usual 6 for 70. McLaurin has the most difficult matchup. I think I just determined Zay is in for sure.

Atlanta Inactives
WR Frank Darby, OL Chuma Edoga, DL Jalen Dalton, OLB Arnold Ebiketie, ILB Nate Landman, CB Rashad Fenton, S Jovante Moffatt

Jones is active.
Atlanta inactives? Did I miss a trade?
No. I messed up my copy/pasting. Thanks for catching that.

Jacksonville Inactives
RB Darrell Henderson, WR Kendric Pryor, OLB De'Shaan Dixon, CB Tre Herndon, S Andre Cisco

Jones is active.

Users who are viewing this thread