What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WRs value from here on out.. (1 Viewer)

8inthebox

Footballguy
Anyone care to take a crack at ranking the following or providing insight?? Is this a crazy ranking order?

-Antonio Bryant

-Kevin Curtis

-Plaxico Burress

-Chad Johnson

-Anthony Gonzalez

-Ted Ginn

-Joey Galloway

-Lance Moore

-Torry Holt

Curtis - #1 in a pass first offense, McNabb does spread it around though

Burress - should be better, but has seemed out of sync with Eli all year.

Ocho Cinco - warming up, but stuck on a bad team with a bad QB

Moore - very consistent even with Colston back, but what happens when Bush returns?

Gonzalez - inconsistent

Bryant - inconsistent

Ginn - inconsistent

Holt - looks about done, and the Rams are pathetic

Galloway - is done and in the doghouse

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your response. Wow, how the mighty have fallen. Holt..Galloway..You think Galloway is so out of it? Any other sleepers out there?? Most of these guys bounce around on my waiver wire (except Curtis and Bryant).

8inthebox said:
Anyone care to take a crack at ranking the following or providing insight?? Is this a crazy ranking order?-Antonio Bryant-Kevin Curtis-Plaxico Burress-Chad Johnson-Anthony Gonzalez-Ted Ginn-Joey Galloway-Lance Moore-Torry Holt
I wouldn't argue with your rankings at all. Bryant has really come on over the last month & could even look better over the next half of the season with the RB problems in Tampa. I'd probably bump up Moore a little more towards the middle of the pack. Recently waived Holt & have no interest in Galloway so they would bring up the rear.

I'm on the Antonio Bryant train too. Rank him at the top of the pack - I think he'll end up top 20 by end of this year.

Mark Bradley
I have received some very informative info from this forum over the years and just wanted to give a little info back that may help some other FF owners,There are two ("Mark"s) that are probably available on most waiver wires who could help you to your FF championship.The first and probably most productive of the two for the remainder of the regular season is WR Mark Bradley of the Kansas City Chiefs.Last week (week 10) Bradley was targeted 14 times and had 9 receptions for 81 yds and a TD. In week 8 he had 5/41/1 against the Jets. By the way, in one previous game against the saints who they play this weekend he had one reception for 19 yards and a TD ?Remaining schedule for the Chiefs:Week 11 - SaintsWeek 12 - BillsWeek 13 - RaidersWeek 14 - BroncosWeek 15 - Chargers again - Last week 9/81/1Week 16 - DolphinsWeek 17 - BengalsYou will be hard pressed to find a more favorable schedule for a guy who may be on your waiver wire and is receiving a good amount of targets.Granted, LJ will be back this week and it is up for discussion as to whether this will help or hurt Bradley who is a big target @ 6'2"" 200 lbs. Bowe and Gonzo will also of course be in the mix big time.I hope this info helps somebody.Oh, the other Mark who could be on your waiver wire and be productive is Clayton of the Baltimore Ravens. However, the Ravens remaining schedule is much tougher than the Chiefs but he could also be valuable with Mason being injured and Flacco & the Ravens opening up the offense.All the best to all of you.Islanders

I think that K-Rob has a chance to make some noise with Hasslebust coming back.
I think Branch AND Engram have more value going forward, and I imagine both are available at a pretty similar rate at this point.

Mark Bradley
I have received some very informative info from this forum over the years and just wanted to give a little info back that may help some other FF owners,There are two ("Mark"s) that are probably available on most waiver wires who could help you to your FF championship.The first and probably most productive of the two for the remainder of the regular season is WR Mark Bradley of the Kansas City Chiefs.Last week (week 10) Bradley was targeted 14 times and had 9 receptions for 81 yds and a TD. In week 8 he had 5/41/1 against the Jets. By the way, in one previous game against the saints who they play this weekend he had one reception for 19 yards and a TD ?Remaining schedule for the Chiefs:Week 11 - SaintsWeek 12 - BillsWeek 13 - RaidersWeek 14 - BroncosWeek 15 - Chargers again - Last week 9/81/1Week 16 - DolphinsWeek 17 - BengalsYou will be hard pressed to find a more favorable schedule for a guy who may be on your waiver wire and is receiving a good amount of targets.Granted, LJ will be back this week and it is up for discussion as to whether this will help or hurt Bradley who is a big target @ 6'2"" 200 lbs. Bowe and Gonzo will also of course be in the mix big time.I hope this info helps somebody.Oh, the other Mark who could be on your waiver wire and be productive is Clayton of the Baltimore Ravens. However, the Ravens remaining schedule is much tougher than the Chiefs but he could also be valuable with Mason being injured and Flacco & the Ravens opening up the offense.All the best to all of you.Islanders
I've picked both of them up in the past two weeks. Dumped Holt for Bradley last week and dumped Bruce for Clayton this week. As you posted, the Chiefs' schedule the rest of the way is ridiculous outside of the game against the Raiders. There should be huge passing production in all of those games if Thigpen remains constant. So I think Bradley has a strong chance to be a quality WR3. At worst, he should be a very good WR4 and for me, his upside was considerably higher than Holt's.As far as Clayton, he's riskier but I do see some signs. The Ravens are getting better in the passing game. Flacco is playing better and they are trying to get Clayton more involved. He had a good game in Week 9 and just missed a long TD in Week 10. If Mason is either out or limited by his shoulder injury than Clayton should see more targets. The risk is he's disappointed far more often in the past than succeeded but one could argue Flacco is the best QB he's had to work with in his career so maybe that offsets the previous disappointments.For me, I needed the upside with my WR4 and WR5 spots. I saw little with Holt and Bruce and saw a gigantic amount with Bradley and a decent amount with Clayton so I'm rolling the dice. Of the two, I like Bradley a lot more but he's probably been picked up in a lot of leagues after last week's game. Clayton is probably still sitting on a lot of WWs and I think he's worth grabbing now even if you don't really need him.

8inthebox said:
Anyone care to take a crack at ranking the following or providing insight?? Is this a crazy ranking order?-Antonio Bryant-Kevin Curtis-Plaxico Burress-Chad Johnson-Anthony Gonzalez-Ted Ginn-Joey Galloway-Lance Moore-Torry Holt
off the top of my head, w/o stats or schedules, I'd probably like bryant, would have to continue to respect burress, think ginn actually has good value if you include return yards, gonzalez seems more like a stash than immediate play but has a strong future, moore's role probably shrinks, curtis might be too inconsistent, and I'm not rolling dice on the rest.edit: and if we're adding, I guess I'll throw jason hill in the mix.

Thanks for the tip on Bradley. He was completely off my radar though I see the upside and recent results. He's been picked up off waivers in both my leagues.

As for Jason Hill - though he's only a rookie, I like Josh Morgan more on the Niners. Don't know how he'll click with Shaun Hill but he's got soft hands and runs pretty good routes for a rook. He's out this week though.

Makes me a bit sad to see that nobody disputes Holt's rank. He's led me to many a win.

As for the Seahwawks WRs - I agree with the response - I like Engram over KRob. Just can't trust him. I'd put Engram in the AGonzo range.

One note about Anthony Gonz - he has a great playoff schedule. I also wonder if he's one of those 2nd year WRs who shows his talent down the stretch and becomes one of the breakout 3rd year WRs..

Thanks for playing everyone.

mike walker JAX is my dynasty stash. looked good before knee injury

chaz schilens OAK is my deep deep dynasty stash. Javon down for yr and possibly out of OAK and/or NFL. obviously OAK needs to find an offense for him to pan out

If your looking for help at WR Jason Hill of the 49ers is likely available. Battle and Morgan are out with injuries and Bruce has been demoted for fresher legs (development).

Jason Hill is a 2nd year WR with a lot of talent who seems to have good chemistry with new starting QB Shaun Hill. He has had a ton of targets over the past 2 weeks and that will likely continue in a Martz offense. He scored a TD in week 9. Then after the bye he had 6 catches for 82 yards against Arizona last week. One of his catches he was stopped at the 1 yard line giving Gore an easy plunge.

I really liked this guy as a rookie coming into the league and he has great talent. Like other young WRs it has taken him some time to work his way into the starting lineup. The 49ers play the Rams who are a terrible team right now and gave up 37 points to the Jets last time they played. I am starting Hill as a flex WR 4 because I think he has the hot hand and will have plenty of opportunities with the Rams offense struggling.

JMO

Users who are viewing this thread