What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL #3 Discussion Area (1 Viewer)

Broadway GQB: Matthew Stafford , Kevin Kolb , Joe WebbRB: Chris Johnson , Knowshon Moreno , Reggie Bush , Cadillac Williams , Javon RingerWR: Santonio Holmes , Kenny Britt , Jordan Shipley , Robert Meachem , Steve Breaston , Josh MorganTE: Dallas Clark , Joel DreesenK,D: Matt Bryant , Adam Vinateri , Lions DST , Rams DST
Stock Up: Kolb, Bush, MeachemStock Down: Shipley, ClarkNever Was: Webb, Caddy, Ringer, Morgan, DreesenSeason still hinges on Clark. Now featuring Kerry Collins.
I contemplated Collins and Grossman for 3rd QBs, but decided to go for a very slim chance at greatness as opposed to a reasonable shot at mediocrity.
:wall:

I think you're right David butkeep in mind in WSL Qb's always go earlier than normal because of so many unknowns?

Who's starting for Denver? Who's starting for Oakland? Who's starting for SF? The list goes on and on and then you throw in injury factors to the guys you think may start, a guy like P Manning is pretty strong in this format.

I won't lose because I picked Peyton Manning as Qb 5, it'll be because of some other pick.

If you are willing to just wait and throw some darts later, and you hit then obviously that's the making of a strong team. I look forward to seeing how the QB position plays out and will be seeing what QB I want next.
Hows that pick looking back at it?

Alright, whos throwing bombs at the Brady pick? lol
I didn't, but I will. I suspect Brady will not throw for as many TD but will throw 3 times as many INT next year. Just the way the ball bounces, I'm afraid.NE may look to make a RB upgrade early in the draft and really be a balanced attack next year. I don't think Brady is a horrible pick, but probably too early given that I see his fantasy point total closer to 09 than 10. Brady will need to get back the 100 attempts he dropped off and/or a lot more yardage to make up the difference.

Based on that, IMO, I see some better drafting options still available, so as I see it a round too early (at a minimum). But that's just me looking at things for my team and the way I want to put my team together . . .
Mr. Yudkin, Tell me about the TD to INT ratio again? Thoughts?
I think you're right David butkeep in mind in WSL Qb's always go earlier than normal because of so many unknowns?

Who's starting for Denver? Who's starting for Oakland? Who's starting for SF? The list goes on and on and then you throw in injury factors to the guys you think may start, a guy like P Manning is pretty strong in this format.

I won't lose because I picked Peyton Manning as Qb 5, it'll be because of some other pick.

If you are willing to just wait and throw some darts later, and you hit then obviously that's the making of a strong team. I look forward to seeing how the QB position plays out and will be seeing what QB I want next.
I understand the value of QBs in this format and league size. I just think Brady went a little too soon.I ended up taking Roethlisberger (who apparently is worthy of a 13 page thread in the Shark Pool because he's better than Brady). Some will say that taking Ben where I took him was too early, but he's been an excellent fantasy QB when he keeps his pants on.

It may surprise people to know that across the past two seasons, the Top 5 QBs in terms of fantasy ppg were:

1 Aaron Rodgers 24.25

2 Drew Brees 22.60

3 Peyton Manning 21.61

4 Ben Roethlisberger 21.52

5 Philip Rivers 21.08
just taking a look back. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread