What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL1 - Round 1,2,3,4 (1 Viewer)

2.07: RB - Michael Turner

Lots of issues in the air - I know: where will he end up, will he split carries, what type of offense do they run, what type of o-line do they have, can he carry a full load if given to him, will he put up anything respectable on receptions, etc.

But I can see him ending up in the 5-10 range among RBs (early guess without knowing those things of 7th ranked RB).

Would love to hear if others love or hate this pick...just out of curiousity.

Will PM next guy.

Lots of issues in the air - I know: where will he end up, will he split carries, what type of offense do they run, what type of o-line do they have, can he carry a full load if given to him, will he put up anything respectable on receptions, etc.

But I can see him ending up in the 5-10 range among RBs (early guess without knowing those things of 7th ranked RB).

Will PM next guy.
was hoping he'd go untouched until me next two picks. risky pick overall given all the unknows.

Will PM next guy.
HTF - I will tell you what I thought of it.....................you stole my F&^*ING pick :thumbup:

2.09 WR Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers

As long as Carr isn't his QB, should still put up decent numbers. If Delhomme is fully recovered to start the year...

pming next

Hear-the-Footsteps said:

Will PM next guy.
Props for having the Stones, could work out. Certainly the reach....I mean most controversial selection of the 1st two rounds.

2.12 jamal lewis) cle

Can someone please p$m next? Tia
nice value w/JLew here, FidsFrank has been notified...
thx i was second guessing myself when he slipped to me. maybe i missed some bad cleve news or somethingi thought he was going to be gone 10 picks ago
:goodposting: Lewis showed what he could do when he didn't have to face 9 in-the-box every down, and w/a decent QB/passing game, O-line and all the other chit we lacked while he was here....being healthy for the first time in 3 yrs didn't hurt either

he was about 1 or 1.5 PPG less than Portis, who went 1.11...and is only 2 yrs older than CP (28 vs 26 now)---most think it's 4 or more years between those guys

I wouldn't be suprised to see his numbers jump, if the D could improve alittle and the offense could actually play alittle ball control

2.12 jamal lewis) cle

Can someone please p$m next? Tia
nice value w/JLew here, FidsFrank has been notified...
thx i was second guessing myself when he slipped to me. maybe i missed some bad cleve news or somethingi thought he was going to be gone 10 picks ago
Not sure on this fiddles - but his lack of being drafted when he should have been based on performance last year may confirm - IIRC Lewis was only on a one year contract with the Browns - IOW he is now a free agent. So the question would be whether Cleveland resigns him for another year (two?) and drafts one of the good college entrants this year to bring them along slowly...or whether they see one they can draft and play right away (perhaps mixing in with Wright or Harrison)...OR whether they are one of the teams who would be interested in a younger FA RB >>>>Michael Turner with Anderson/Winslow/Edwards??

rudy would you have taken brady if you had the 1st or 2nd pick?
update?
I might have taken LT. Barring an injury, Brady should throw 35-45 TDs next year (I think Moss will be back). Because of the 6pts per passing TD, and the fact that top QBs go fast in SL format, I think he is one of the safest picks in SL (just hope he is not on the cover of Madden).

rudy would you have taken brady if you had the 1st or 2nd pick?
update?
I might have taken LT. Barring an injury, Brady should throw 35-45 TDs next year (I think Moss will be back). Because of the 6pts per passing TD, and the fact that top QBs go fast in SL format, I think he is one of the safest picks in SL (just hope he is not on the cover of Madden).
The retirement rumor would have scared me off him.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Captain Hook said:
Halftime in Green Bay and paging Frank Black.................time will expire in a couple of hours :lmao:
no clock till 8am tomorrow
Yup...Frank can't start the string of timeouts until after tomorrow. When's your b-day Frank? :wink:

Will PM next guy.
This one could be very good value, but too much uncertainty for 08. All told, I'll be a dissenter and say that alihough very nice upside, it carries too much risk, not a favorite pick of mine.

Will PM next guy.
This one could be very good value, but too much uncertainty for 08. All told, I'll be a dissenter and say that alihough very nice upside, it carries too much risk, not a favorite pick of mine.
yep a deep rookie class may hurt his value.Plus AJ might be a little shady and since Turner proved his value to this team, might want to franchise him, though I highly doubt it

The numbers for this guy the last 2 seasons are startling:

2006 93 1188 10TD

2007 93 1189 7TD

Take away the TD differential and we have great consistency

3.04 TORRY HOLT

pmg next

3.07 Marques Colston

That sophmore season answered any questions for me whether he was a flash in the pan. He's legit, and a healthy team next year around him will only help.

3.07 Marques Colston

That sophmore season answered any questions for me whether he was a flash in the pan. He's legit, and a healthy team next year around him will only help.
:football: I mean, nice pick.3.08 WR Anquan Boldin, Arizona Cardinals

Of the 6 guys I was considering here, 3 were just taken (Colston, Marshall, Boldin).

Of the 3 left, taking into consideration receptions, yardage, TDs, # of games played - one guy emerged. And this same guy knows for a fact who his QB will be next year - whereas in the other two situations, it is at least slightly murky. (Given the murkiness of the Turner pick, gotta add some consistency here).

3.10: WR - Plaxico Burress

Will PM next guy.

Users who are viewing this thread