What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL1 - Round 1,2,3,4 (1 Viewer)

Hear-the-Footsteps said:
Of the 6 guys I was considering here, 3 were just taken (Colston, Marshall, Boldin).

Of the 3 left, taking into consideration receptions, yardage, TDs, # of games played - one guy emerged. And this same guy knows for a fact who his QB will be next year - whereas in the other two situations, it is at least slightly murky. (Given the murkiness of the Turner pick, gotta add some consistency here).

3.10: WR - Plaxico Burress

Will PM next guy.
He was at the top of my list, but not due to consistency. He was off an on the injured list all year and hardly practiced. But, he does have a connection with Eli and he is a guy that can take over when he is healthy. Those were the reasons that I wanted him.

Again, advised by Lhucks to take another Cowboy:

3:15 Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson, QBs

How can I pass up the Romo and Owens Combo. I better look up their bye week!

okay - let's get some paper off my desk

PM #1 from Cowboy

4-2 Earnest Graham, RB, TB

and PM #2 from LHUCKS

4-3 Ben Roethlisberger, QB, PIT

pming next

Team BassNBrew

QB: Palmer

RB: Grant, Parker

WR: Walker

Damn the torpedos, going with the high risk appraoch to this draft.

Team BassNBrewQB: PalmerRB: Grant, ParkerWR: WalkerDamn the torpedos, going with the high risk appraoch to this draft.
slight risk in Walker. other than that I dont see tons of risk in your other picks. Sure you'd like a better track record out of Grant but the kid looks legit.

pick and player lasted overnight - whoulda thunk it

4-8 Wes Welker, WR, NE

pming Duckboy
this is a steal and I was heavily considering him over RoyNot sure why but it seems like alot of us think his season might have been a little flukish
No flash and no long touchdowns, but not sure why people who watch football would think this was a fluke.I would bet that Welker is much more likely to repeat his season than Randy Moss is to repeat his.

And while I wouldn't draft him for as many points, a Top 10 WR in PPR in the 4th round is good value no matter how you slice it.

Last edited by a moderator:

4-8 Wes Welker, WR, NE

pming Duckboy
this is a steal and I was heavily considering him over RoyNot sure why but it seems like alot of us think his season might have been a little flukish
No flash and no long touchdowns, but not sure why people who watch football would think this was a fluke.I would bet that Welker is much more likely to repeat his season than Randy Moss is to repeat his.

And while I wouldn't draft him for as many points, a Top 10 WR in PPR in the 4th round is good value no matter how you slice it.
Agreed; would have been my pick here had he lasted one more. Time to go in a different direction:4.09 QB Marc Bulger, St. Louis Rams

Line can't be worse than last year, can it? Still has the weapons; end of a QB tier for me.

4-8 Wes Welker, WR, NE

pming Duckboy
I considered him along with Walker. Welker will likely outscore Walker, but Walker has a higher ceiling. Can't play it safe on the back end of the draft.

Also speculative because of Holmgren

4.13 MATT HASSELBECK

After this, I think the QB tier drops off in a pick or 2.

pmg next

welker pick was solid, I picked Holmes over him because I like him specifically for the survivor format. Welker is a better player in redrafts IMHO, but was still great value here...I considered him as early as 3.14.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread