What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL1 - rounds 13.14,15,16 (1 Viewer)

I'll go ahead and decree that the clock will be off from Saturday midnight until Monday 8AM. Pick if you wish.
This applies to us too.

When I'm up I'm taking Nate Kaeding if he's still available. If he's gone I'm likely going another direction.

ravnzfan sent me a list yesterday (what an optimist ROFL) and I presume pick good today

15-13 Rob Bironas, K, TEN

will PM next

What is our anticipated schedule for the upcoming Super Bowl Weekend. I am planning to go out of town from early Saturday am until Sunday afternoon and then would like to just take in the Super Bowl that evening.Since we are on target to complete early next week, is anybody opposed to shutting off the clock for the weekend?
Also fine with no clock for this weekend as it will be a ZOO
Tonight = going to SuperBowl block partiesTomorrow = going to FBR Open and after partiesSunday = Goint to SB partiesI wont be around much either...Phoenix/Scottsdale is Mecca right now.

What is our anticipated schedule for the upcoming Super Bowl Weekend. I am planning to go out of town from early Saturday am until Sunday afternoon and then would like to just take in the Super Bowl that evening.Since we are on target to complete early next week, is anybody opposed to shutting off the clock for the weekend?
Tonight = going to SuperBowl block partiesTomorrow = going to FBR Open and after partiesSunday = Goint to SB partiesI wont be around much either...Phoenix/Scottsdale is Mecca right now.
see the caddy thread in the shark pool? :shrug:

Hucks, even you have to admit though - that this is a kind of weak place to have the SB.I understand why it is in the rotation - ie, the warm weather - but compared to New Orleans, Miami, San Diego, etc - I just feel like the "craziness" has been minimal. And that's fine. But you usually hear about some funny or interesting stories from the crazy parties that have been all over.Usually you hear of party after party - and anyone who is anyone flies to the area of the SB to get in on some serious fun.Sure there has been some of that this year, but not much by comparison to most places that hold the SB.Would you agree?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hucks, even you have to admit though - that this is a kind of weak place to have the SB.I understand why it is in the rotation - ie, the warm weather - but compared to New Orleans, Miami, San Diego, etc - I just feel like the "craziness" has been minimal. And that's fine. But you usually hear about some funny or interesting stories from the crazy parties that have been all over.Usually you hear of party after party - and anyone who is anyone flies to the area of the SB to get in on some serious fun.Sure there has been some of that this year, but not much by comparison to most places that hold the SB.Would you agree?
Arizona is no Detroit thats for sure

Pretty sure that LHUCKS would disagree with that as would I.You must have pretty poor sources back there because there are TONS of parties and opportunities down here this week. If anything it is accentuated by the FBR Open also being in town this week, so if you go looking, you can find - and even if you don't, being anywhere near the events or locations will flash you a lot of athletes, Hollywood types, a tremendous number of good looking women and a great atmosphere. There are going to be some seriously sleep deprived people here by early Monday morning.

Pretty sure that LHUCKS would disagree with that as would I.You must have pretty poor sources back there because there are TONS of parties and opportunities down here this week. If anything it is accentuated by the FBR Open also being in town this week, so if you go looking, you can find - and even if you don't, being anywhere near the events or locations will flash you a lot of athletes, Hollywood types, a tremendous number of good looking women and a great atmosphere. There are going to be some seriously sleep deprived people here by early Monday morning.
Yeah, not sure what HTF is talking about but Scottsdale and Phoenix are huge attractions in the winter...nightlife is considered top 10 by most publications...tons of pro athletes and Hollywood types have permanent homes in the area. this Weekend is the craziest I've ever seen it...tons of BIG TIME parties going on, Paris Hilton, PDiddy, Timberlake...all of them are in town. I wont be sober for several days starting tonight at about 5:00...there's a Mardi Gras feel to it in Old Town Scottsdale. :thumbup:

Yeah, not sure what HTF is talking about but Scottsdale and Phoenix are huge attractions in the winter...nightlife is considered top 10 by most publications...tons of pro athletes and Hollywood types have permanent homes in the area. this Weekend is the craziest I've ever seen it...tons of BIG TIME parties going on, Paris Hilton, PDiddy, Timberlake...all of them are in town. I wont be sober for several days starting tonight at about 5:00...there's a Mardi Gras feel to it in Old Town Scottsdale. :confused:
Hey, I could be wrong - no doubt. I can only go by what I read.And as for some of the recent SBs, I just feel like I've read TONS more.Again, there is no doubt there are tons of parties right now. There is no doubt in my mind that some big companies will br throwing some raggers - same for some big name actors/athletes/rock stars/etc.I am just saying as for recent SBs, there seems to have been even more. In the past few years, I felt like everywhere I turned during the 2 weeks leading to the SB, you read stuff everywhere. You couldn't miss it. Newspapers, magazines, internet forums, blogs, internet articles, etc. Everywhere you turned you were reading about more debauchery.Perhaps it is the same this year and I am just missing that stuff because I am concentrating on the actual SB. (Afterall, the Giants are in it, baby!!!) So as a Giants fan - maybe I've missed the other stuff cause I am busy reading about the actual game, or strategies, or the players, or the coaches, etc.I have no doubt that Arizona is fun. I've been there and head a great time. All I am saying is I've felt like in the past we've been bombarded with tangential SB stories - and there clearly seems to be less of that this year.Does anyone else see that?

Yeah, not sure what HTF is talking about but Scottsdale and Phoenix are huge attractions in the winter...nightlife is considered top 10 by most publications...tons of pro athletes and Hollywood types have permanent homes in the area. this Weekend is the craziest I've ever seen it...tons of BIG TIME parties going on, Paris Hilton, PDiddy, Timberlake...all of them are in town. I wont be sober for several days starting tonight at about 5:00...there's a Mardi Gras feel to it in Old Town Scottsdale. :boxing:
Hey, I could be wrong - no doubt. I can only go by what I read.And as for some of the recent SBs, I just feel like I've read TONS more.Again, there is no doubt there are tons of parties right now. There is no doubt in my mind that some big companies will br throwing some raggers - same for some big name actors/athletes/rock stars/etc.I am just saying as for recent SBs, there seems to have been even more. In the past few years, I felt like everywhere I turned during the 2 weeks leading to the SB, you read stuff everywhere. You couldn't miss it. Newspapers, magazines, internet forums, blogs, internet articles, etc. Everywhere you turned you were reading about more debauchery.Perhaps it is the same this year and I am just missing that stuff because I am concentrating on the actual SB. (Afterall, the Giants are in it, baby!!!) So as a Giants fan - maybe I've missed the other stuff cause I am busy reading about the actual game, or strategies, or the players, or the coaches, etc.I have no doubt that Arizona is fun. I've been there and head a great time. All I am saying is I've felt like in the past we've been bombarded with tangential SB stories - and there clearly seems to be less of that this year.Does anyone else see that?
Well, I can't imagine how Detroit could even come close to matching Scottsdale since Phoenix is a town built on tourism and built for tourism. Miami is very similar to Scottsdale nightlife, but you have the ocean/beach thing there ovbiously.The media may not be hyping it because they don't have to...people come here to party.

What is our anticipated schedule for the upcoming Super Bowl Weekend. I am planning to go out of town from early Saturday am until Sunday afternoon and then would like to just take in the Super Bowl that evening.

Since we are on target to complete early next week, is anybody opposed to shutting off the clock for the weekend?
Tonight = going to SuperBowl block partiesTomorrow = going to FBR Open and after parties

Sunday = Goint to SB parties

I wont be around much either...Phoenix/Scottsdale is Mecca right now.
Hucks, even you have to admit though - that this is a kind of weak place to have the SB.I understand why it is in the rotation - ie, the warm weather - but compared to New Orleans, Miami, San Diego, etc - I just feel like the "craziness" has been minimal. And that's fine. But you usually hear about some funny or interesting stories from the crazy parties that have been all over.

Usually you hear of party after party - and anyone who is anyone flies to the area of the SB to get in on some serious fun.

Sure there has been some of that this year, but not much by comparison to most places that hold the SB.

Would you agree?
Pretty sure that LHUCKS would disagree with that as would I.You must have pretty poor sources back there because there are TONS of parties and opportunities down here this week.

If anything it is accentuated by the FBR Open also being in town this week, so if you go looking, you can find - and even if you don't, being anywhere near the events or locations will flash you a lot of athletes, Hollywood types, a tremendous number of good looking women and a great atmosphere. There are going to be some seriously sleep deprived people here by early Monday morning.
Yeah, not sure what HTF is talking about but Scottsdale and Phoenix are huge attractions in the winter...nightlife is considered top 10 by most publications...tons of pro athletes and Hollywood types have permanent homes in the area. this Weekend is the craziest I've ever seen it...tons of BIG TIME parties going on, Paris Hilton, PDiddy, Timberlake...all of them are in town.

I wont be sober for several days starting tonight at about 5:00...there's a Mardi Gras feel to it in Old Town Scottsdale. :boxing:
Hey, I could be wrong - no doubt. I can only go by what I read.And as for some of the recent SBs, I just feel like I've read TONS more.

Again, there is no doubt there are tons of parties right now. There is no doubt in my mind that some big companies will br throwing some raggers - same for some big name actors/athletes/rock stars/etc.

I am just saying as for recent SBs, there seems to have been even more. In the past few years, I felt like everywhere I turned during the 2 weeks leading to the SB, you read stuff everywhere. You couldn't miss it. Newspapers, magazines, internet forums, blogs, internet articles, etc. Everywhere you turned you were reading about more debauchery.

Perhaps it is the same this year and I am just missing that stuff because I am concentrating on the actual SB. (Afterall, the Giants are in it, baby!!!) So as a Giants fan - maybe I've missed the other stuff cause I am busy reading about the actual game, or strategies, or the players, or the coaches, etc.

I have no doubt that Arizona is fun. I've been there and head a great time. All I am saying is I've felt like in the past we've been bombarded with tangential SB stories - and there clearly seems to be less of that this year.

Does anyone else see that?
Well, I can't imagine how Detroit could even come close to matching Scottsdale since Phoenix is a town built on tourism and built for tourism. Miami is very similar to Scottsdale nightlife, but you have the ocean/beach thing there ovbiously.The media may not be hyping it because they don't have to...people come here to party.
I think you are a bit biased if you are saying something like this.Just my opinion.

Scottsdale (in terms of its nightlife) is no Miami.

Super Bowl locations, how I'd rank them:

1. Miami

2. Tampa Bay

3A-D. California (SF/SD/LA/RoseBowl - take your pick)

4. Arizona

5. Jacksonville

6. Detroit

What is our anticipated schedule for the upcoming Super Bowl Weekend. I am planning to go out of town from early Saturday am until Sunday afternoon and then would like to just take in the Super Bowl that evening.

Since we are on target to complete early next week, is anybody opposed to shutting off the clock for the weekend?
Tonight = going to SuperBowl block partiesTomorrow = going to FBR Open and after parties

Hucks, even you have to admit though - that this is a kind of weak place to have the SB.I understand why it is in the rotation - ie, the warm weather - but compared to New Orleans, Miami, San Diego, etc - I just feel like the "craziness" has been minimal. And that's fine. But you usually hear about some funny or interesting stories from the crazy parties that have been all over.

Usually you hear of party after party - and anyone who is anyone flies to the area of the SB to get in on some serious fun.

Sure there has been some of that this year, but not much by comparison to most places that hold the SB.

Would you agree?
Pretty sure that LHUCKS would disagree with that as would I.You must have pretty poor sources back there because there are TONS of parties and opportunities down here this week.

If anything it is accentuated by the FBR Open also being in town this week, so if you go looking, you can find - and even if you don't, being anywhere near the events or locations will flash you a lot of athletes, Hollywood types, a tremendous number of good looking women and a great atmosphere. There are going to be some seriously sleep deprived people here by early Monday morning.
Yeah, not sure what HTF is talking about but Scottsdale and Phoenix are huge attractions in the winter...nightlife is considered top 10 by most publications...tons of pro athletes and Hollywood types have permanent homes in the area. this Weekend is the craziest I've ever seen it...tons of BIG TIME parties going on, Paris Hilton, PDiddy, Timberlake...all of them are in town.

I wont be sober for several days starting tonight at about 5:00...there's a Mardi Gras feel to it in Old Town Scottsdale. :excited:
Hey, I could be wrong - no doubt. I can only go by what I read.And as for some of the recent SBs, I just feel like I've read TONS more.

Again, there is no doubt there are tons of parties right now. There is no doubt in my mind that some big companies will br throwing some raggers - same for some big name actors/athletes/rock stars/etc.

I am just saying as for recent SBs, there seems to have been even more. In the past few years, I felt like everywhere I turned during the 2 weeks leading to the SB, you read stuff everywhere. You couldn't miss it. Newspapers, magazines, internet forums, blogs, internet articles, etc. Everywhere you turned you were reading about more debauchery.

Perhaps it is the same this year and I am just missing that stuff because I am concentrating on the actual SB. (Afterall, the Giants are in it, baby!!!) So as a Giants fan - maybe I've missed the other stuff cause I am busy reading about the actual game, or strategies, or the players, or the coaches, etc.

I have no doubt that Arizona is fun. I've been there and head a great time. All I am saying is I've felt like in the past we've been bombarded with tangential SB stories - and there clearly seems to be less of that this year.

I think you are a bit biased if you are saying something like this.Just my opinion.

Hmmm...I don't know, remember that Phoenix is significantly bigger than Miami...it's not even close. Scottsdale bar scene is WAY bigger than Miami.I think more stars live in Miami and more athletes live in Scottsdale. Miami has the ocean/beach.

Interesting comparison, but in terms of sheer volume I don't think Miami has the infrastructure to keep up with a city the size of Phoenix...I've been to Miami twice.

Let me just say I think I'd rather go to a SB in Miami over Phoenix because of Miamis awesome culture...but in terms of things going and cities being able to support a SB, I think Phoenix has a size advantage.

Would you agree?

I wont be sober for several days starting tonight at about 5:00...there's a Mardi Gras feel to it in Old Town Scottsdale. :unsure:

Hmmm...I don't know, remember that Phoenix is significantly bigger than Miami...it's not even close. Scottsdale bar scene is WAY bigger than Miami.I think more stars live in Miami and more athletes live in Scottsdale. Miami has the ocean/beach.

Interesting comparison, but in terms of sheer volume I don't think Miami has the infrastructure to keep up with a city the size of Phoenix...I've been to Miami twice.
The tool in me decided to look into this just a bit.This was not in an attempt to prove anyone wrong, more just b/c you got me curious. I've been to both Phoenix and Scottsdale. Had a great time in both. But never considered them true party cities the way some here are claiming they are.

So I did a quick internet search since I am waiting my turn for round 16 anyway.

Obviously there is nothing definitive about these lists. But I still found it interesting that none of them listed Phoenix or Scottsdale.

Maxim's top 10 party cities (2007 edition):

1. Miami

2. LA

3. Atlanta

4. NYC

5. Las Vegas

6. Tampa

7. Detroit

8. New Orleans

9.Dallas

10. Chicago

Maxim's top 10 party cities (2008 edition):

1. Las Vegas

2. Milwaukee

3. New Orleans

4. Nashville

5. Houston

6. Austin

7. Atlanta

8. Portland

9. NYC

10. Chicago

Random site/blog:

1. NYC

2. Chicago

3. Boston

4. New Orleans

5. Las Vegas

6. Austin

7. LA

8. San Diego

9. San Francisco

10. Washington, DC

Trip Advisor had a list of top 10 party cities in the world, 5 of them are in US:

1. Las Vegas

5. NYC

6. Miami

9. Key West

10. LA

Again, there is no true authority on this - so take any list with a grain of salt.

In my opinions, lots go into something like this beyond where the actors/athletes live.

Also has to do with where the actors/athletes like to visit in addition to: # of bars per any square distance. How late bars stay open. How many clubs - and how late they stay open. Different types of scenes available. And lots more.

What was interesting on these four lists:

- None had Scottsdale or Phoenix in the top 10.

- The only cities to appear in all four: NYC and Las Vegas

- Cities on 3 of the 4 lists: New Orleans and Chicago

- Cities on 2 of the lists: Miami, LA, Austin, Atlanta

HTF - no one is saying Miami doesn't have great Night Life - certainly better than Phoenix area...........but that doesn't have much to do with PARTY TIME - Arizona knows how to party. There is so much going on here this week that you can't even know about it all much less get to all the conflicting parties, dinners, events. Just because they aren't giving you much in NY press doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

HTF - no one is saying Miami doesn't have great Night Life - certainly better than Phoenix area...........but that doesn't have much to do with PARTY TIME - Arizona knows how to party. There is so much going on here this week that you can't even know about it all much less get to all the conflicting parties, dinners, events. Just because they aren't giving you much in NY press doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I understand what you are saying. And I see your points, up until the end there.Trust me, between the NY Times, the NY Post, the Daily News, TimeOut NY, and SO much more - the NY press doesn't miss a thing.Edit to add: Again, maybe it is b/c NY is in the SB - that they are actually focusing on more substantive SB issues.

meanwhile............any chance we can get AssnCrew in here for a pick to keep this going today/tonight since we are taking late Saturday and Sunday off?

What was interesting on these four lists:- None had Scottsdale or Phoenix in the top 10.- The only cities to appear in all four: NYC and Las Vegas- Cities on 3 of the 4 lists: New Orleans and Chicago- Cities on 2 of the lists: Miami, LA, Austin, Atlanta
Maxim is way off here...because I traveled and partied for most of my 20s in all of the mentioned cities, I can tell you Scottsdale is easily top 10. But to each his own.

LHUCKS said:
Hear-the-Footsteps said:
What was interesting on these four lists:

- None had Scottsdale or Phoenix in the top 10.

- The only cities to appear in all four: NYC and Las Vegas

- Cities on 3 of the 4 lists: New Orleans and Chicago

- Cities on 2 of the lists: Miami, LA, Austin, Atlanta
Maxim is way off here...because I traveled and partied for most of my 20s in all of the mentioned cities, I can tell you Scottsdale is easily top 10. But to each his own.
I have been to many of the cities on those 4 lists way above.And I would say that if you use the stuff I wrote above - ie, how many lists each city appears on - you actually have a pretty solid list. Of those 8, I'd probably rank them:

1. NYC

2. Las Vegas

3. Miami

4. New Orleans

5. LA

6. Chicago

7. Atlanta

8. Austin

Yet again though I have to say - if you think Scottsdale is easily top 10 - yet it appears on none of those lists, you are probably a bit biased.

After I posted that, I checked some more. Scottsdale finally showed up on ONE top 10 list (a list for best places for bachelor parties). And that was only if you want to play some great golf during the bachelor party weekend.

Anyway, I just want to pick already and get out of here. It isn't even like it is going to be a sexy pick.

Yet again though I have to say - if you think Scottsdale is easily top 10 - yet it appears on none of those lists, you are probably a bit biased.
Yeah, maybe so. I definitely have specific preferences. For example, I would never have Atlanta or New Orleans in my top10 but many of these lists do.

My top 10

1. NYC

2. Las Vegas

3. Chicago

4. Miami

5. San Francisco

6. Scottsdale

7. Boston

8. SanDiego

9. LA

10. Austin

Sorry to interrupt the Travel Channel................................

16.6 Reed Steelers PK

sent PM to Duckboy as that is what HTF requested

16.09 PK Matt Stover, Baltimore Ravens

Here's hoping Cam can get them in range for a few more points this year.

pming Twi, tho I see he's around.

Now that the D run is over:

16.10 Carolina D
Bastage! thought I could save them for another round :pics:
Never, ever, assume in this crowd that a sleeper will drop. At least 5 of us are probably looking at the pick you are looking at as well.
Yeah...I had my eye on Nate Washington and thought he would make it to my 17th pick because of the Kicker/D run...no such luch...will just have to pick my 3rd D now.

Users who are viewing this thread