What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 Discussion (1 Viewer)

Johnathan Stewart

Greg Jennings

Jeremy Maclin

Antonio Gates

I was pretty happy getting Stewart as late as I did, every round I felt like I had whiffed on getting good RB value until now. Though I kind of wish I had taken a QB in the 3rd over Maclin, but I expect top 15 numbers still.

I debated taking Stewart and DeAngelo at the 3/4 turn, but Stewart's injury history scared me off him a bit. Figured Vernon Davis would give me a stud at TE and I'll just try to piece together some talent at RB along the way.

I debated taking Stewart and DeAngelo at the 3/4 turn, but Stewart's injury history scared me off him a bit. Figured Vernon Davis would give me a stud at TE and I'll just try to piece together some talent at RB along the way.
I think you're going to somewhat regret not pulling the trigger on this tandem. If they get separated you could be looking at two RB1s in this format.

I think you're going to somewhat regret not pulling the trigger on this tandem. If When they get separated you could be looking at two RB1s in this format.

I had Big Ben and Romo neck and neck, and felt like they were both good values at the time. Would have been equally pleased with either one of them but just happened to type Ben first on my short list early this AM.Actually, I had Ben and Romo on my short list for the PREVIOUS round, but Jackson first on that list.
Jackson?
At 3.11, I messaged a short list. Vincent Jackson was first on it, followed by Ben, Romo, and someone else. Very happy to get Big Ben 12 picks later.

I think you're going to somewhat regret not pulling the trigger on this tandem. If they get separated you could be looking at two RB1s in this format.
we'll see. just felt too risky to take them both here and leave an elite TE on the board. If Vernon Davis has a huge year, I don't think I'll regret this at all.I'm expecting that DeAngelo will wind up somewhere like Miami and Davis will be a top-5 TE. Panthers were a mess all year and I'm not sure it's going to turn around quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
we'll see. just felt too risky to take them both here and leave an elite TE on the board. If Vernon Davis has a huge year, I don't think I'll regret this at all.I'm expecting that DeAngelo will wind up somewhere like Miami and Davis will be a top-5 TE. Panthers were a mess all year and I'm not sure it's going to turn around quickly.
Stewart put up decent numbers down the stretch. Three things will quickly turn things around in Carolina. First of all, Otah will be back. He's a huge piece of the puzzle that was missing. Secondly, there will be a new veteran QB that will be a drastic improvement. Lastly, that moron John Fox has departed. No more throwing 3 consecutive passes on 1st and goal after the RBs drove the ball down the field or pulling Stewart/DWill for a 3rd/4th string RB when the ball is inside the 5 yard line.

Mike Goodson looked pretty good as a 3rd down back. Could limit Stewart's upside in PPR scoring. :shrug:

was mostly the injury stuff that scared me away though. I don't trust that guy to stay healthy.

Mike Goodson looked pretty good as a 3rd down back. Could limit Stewart's upside in PPR scoring. :shrug:was mostly the injury stuff that scared me away though. I don't trust that guy to stay healthy.
Rookie Year - played 17 of 17 games2009 - played 16 of 16 games2010 - played 14 of 16 gamesYes there's a lot of talk about injury, but the guy suits up and steps on the field more than most NFL players. Stewart never has been a recpt guy with 18 being his career high so there really isn't anything there to leak away to Goodson. He had double digit TD's in his first two year. In this case regression to the mean means an improvement. If Carolina signs McNabb, Orton....this offensive is closer to the 2008 or 2009 version then what you saw last year. Even if you don't buy that argument, as a Bills fan you know that good fantasy numbers can be put up by mediocre offensives.

Collie and Crabtree - big boom/bust type picks here.

Who is to say how they each pan out. I could see big things from either and it wouldn't surprise me - but a bust season also wouldn't surprise me either.

Good risk / reward I guess at this point.

Yes there's a lot of talk about injury, but the guy suits up and steps on the field more than most NFL players. Stewart never has been a recpt guy with 18 being his career high so there really isn't anything there to leak away to Goodson. He had double digit TD's in his first two year. In this case regression to the mean means an improvement. If Carolina signs McNabb, Orton....this offensive is closer to the 2008 or 2009 version then what you saw last year. Even if you don't buy that argument, as a Bills fan you know that good fantasy numbers can be put up by mediocre offensives.
Vernon Davis hasn't missed a game over the past 3 years and has scored 20 TDs in the past 2.wasn't really an easy decision, but I figured Davis was the safer play here.

Yes there's a lot of talk about injury, but the guy suits up and steps on the field more than most NFL players. Stewart never has been a recpt guy with 18 being his career high so there really isn't anything there to leak away to Goodson. He had double digit TD's in his first two year. In this case regression to the mean means an improvement. If Carolina signs McNabb, Orton....this offensive is closer to the 2008 or 2009 version then what you saw last year. Even if you don't buy that argument, as a Bills fan you know that good fantasy numbers can be put up by mediocre offensives.
Vernon Davis hasn't missed a game over the past 3 years and has scored 20 TDs in the past 2.wasn't really an easy decision, but I figured Davis was the safer play here.
Understand. Not trying to convince you, just trying to promote some disscusion that might help us all down the road.

RE: Bowe at the 2.02.I carried this slug for four years in a contract League and could stand it no more, dropping him after fortifying with B. Lloyd in the Week #3 wavier processing.My rational was that I couldn't justify him as even a bye week start for the rest of the season and his roster spot was no longer his. He was, as I rationalized, destined to mediocracy for basically forever.This move didn't cost as much as I thought when Bowe was shut out (0 for 3 targets) in the DEN loss in Week #13, Week #1 for that League's playoff. Bowe is a talent that fits this format perfectly.I am now consuming large quantities of crow by putting him in the 2.02 slot.Spare me, Lord. :boxing:
3.15 Toads - BenJarvis Green-Elis, RB19, New England
Better see a doctor for your dislocated shoulder issue. Late 6th round in wsl1 and Law Firm is still on the board.

RE: Bowe at the 2.02.

I carried this slug for four years in a contract League and could stand it no more, dropping him after fortifying with B. Lloyd in the Week #3 wavier processing.

My rational was that I couldn't justify him as even a bye week start for the rest of the season and his roster spot was no longer his. He was, as I rationalized, destined to mediocracy for basically forever.

This move didn't cost as much as I thought when Bowe was shut out (0 for 3 targets) in the DEN loss in Week #13, Week #1 for that League's playoff. Bowe is a talent that fits this format perfectly.

I am now consuming large quantities of crow by putting him in the 2.02 slot.

Spare me, Lord.

:tumbleweed:
Better see a doctor for your dislocated shoulder issue. Late 6th round in wsl1 and Law Firm is still on the board.
The word is contrarian.Each year we do this exercise as a learning experience. Each year we are faced with how much information we got at the time we get it. Each year we allow reality to meet up with expectation and perception.

The "popular rap" is that NE is gonna snag "a stud" RB and that the stud RB is gonna knock 'em dead.....shades of Lawrence Maroney there.

What all this means to me is that Ben is going to be available later than I anticipated (now....at this juncture in the information curve) in these drafts. As the information curve unfolds, he probably won't enjoy much of jolt in positive information.....the ADP will unfold and if I want Ben I'll be able to get him later which means that if/when he's available later I'll be able to snag him later.

He'll probably go to camp with NE and he'll compete with who ever NE brings to camp. As the reality curve unfolds, Ben will be drafted in all leagues based on the commonly shared perception. What Ben did this last year was amazing and he did it in a great situation.

What I believe may not be what you believe. What I saw leads me to register Ben high on the Richter scale. What I do know is that if he's not resigned by NE, he's not in the same great situation, and he'll suffer tremendously. What I do know is that he's one of "Bill's guys" and that Bill is loyal to his guys.

The only thing we have in these drafts is the preception of what reality is. Just a question: how many drafts did we do last year....what, I'd guess more than sixty-seventy drafts in all? Out of all those drafts there's an ADP that developed for Ben Tate, Steve Slaton and Arian Foster. I was all over Foster early and he gradually went from a late (12-14 rounder) to a bit earlier (10-12 rounder) to a bit earlier (8-10 rounder and earlier) as these drafts unfolded. If everyone of us (the CSP) was all over Foster, he'd not be available that late.

So, you are asking me to defend my perception? My perception is that Ben will prevail....not Maroney, not Morris, not Taylor, not a rookie or a FA signee. My perception is that Ben earned his place and that Ben will keep it.

Now, back to the curve, the information curve. As it unfolds, the CSP will change. As the rookie(s), as the FA signs appear, the CSP will change. I'll learn that Ben makes it to what turn, is available at what ADP, and I'll draft Ben accordingly and that, my friend, that's why we do this. Being at the curve and drafting a player you want is a bit tricky. My perception was that he'd not be available 30 picks down the road and that was, evidently, not the commonly held perception, at least in League #1.

My shoulder will recover and I'll live to throw again..... just from a different mound elevation. :tumbleweed:

Surprise, surprise to get Freeman at QB-15! Thought (for sure) that Dpeeaser was gonna nail him at QB-14. Must'a been devine intervention?

RE: Bowe at the 2.02.

I carried this slug for four years in a contract League and could stand it no more, dropping him after fortifying with B. Lloyd in the Week #3 wavier processing.

My rational was that I couldn't justify him as even a bye week start for the rest of the season and his roster spot was no longer his. He was, as I rationalized, destined to mediocracy for basically forever.

This move didn't cost as much as I thought when Bowe was shut out (0 for 3 targets) in the DEN loss in Week #13, Week #1 for that League's playoff. Bowe is a talent that fits this format perfectly.

I am now consuming large quantities of crow by putting him in the 2.02 slot.

Spare me, Lord.

:confused:
The word is contrarian.Each year we do this exercise as a learning experience. Each year we are faced with how much information we got at the time we get it. Each year we allow reality to meet up with expectation and perception.

The "popular rap" is that NE is gonna snag "a stud" RB and that the stud RB is gonna knock 'em dead.....shades of Lawrence Maroney there.

What all this means to me is that Ben is going to be available later than I anticipated (now....at this juncture in the information curve) in these drafts. As the information curve unfolds, he probably won't enjoy much of jolt in positive information.....the ADP will unfold and if I want Ben I'll be able to get him later which means that if/when he's available later I'll be able to snag him later.

He'll probably go to camp with NE and he'll compete with who ever NE brings to camp. As the reality curve unfolds, Ben will be drafted in all leagues based on the commonly shared perception. What Ben did this last year was amazing and he did it in a great situation.

What I believe may not be what you believe. What I saw leads me to register Ben high on the Richter scale. What I do know is that if he's not resigned by NE, he's not in the same great situation, and he'll suffer tremendously. What I do know is that he's one of "Bill's guys" and that Bill is loyal to his guys.

The only thing we have in these drafts is the preception of what reality is. Just a question: how many drafts did we do last year....what, I'd guess more than sixty-seventy drafts in all? Out of all those drafts there's an ADP that developed for Ben Tate, Steve Slaton and Arian Foster. I was all over Foster early and he gradually went from a late (12-14 rounder) to a bit earlier (10-12 rounder) to a bit earlier (8-10 rounder and earlier) as these drafts unfolded. If everyone of us (the CSP) was all over Foster, he'd not be available that late.

So, you are asking me to defend my perception? My perception is that Ben will prevail....not Maroney, not Morris, not Taylor, not a rookie or a FA signee. My perception is that Ben earned his place and that Ben will keep it.

Now, back to the curve, the information curve. As it unfolds, the CSP will change. As the rookie(s), as the FA signs appear, the CSP will change. I'll learn that Ben makes it to what turn, is available at what ADP, and I'll draft Ben accordingly and that, my friend, that's why we do this. Being at the curve and drafting a player you want is a bit tricky. My perception was that he'd not be available 30 picks down the road and that was, evidently, not the commonly held perception, at least in League #1.

My shoulder will recover and I'll live to throw again..... just from a different mound elevation. :blackdot:
Good reply. With that said, WSL1 values Woodhead more than BJGE. I found that surprising.

bostonfred said:
jeter23 said:
Hmm, Fred was on when I PMed him. Hope all is well for him.
I must have skipped right over the PM window. I was on the site. Sorry for the holdup. Mark Sanchez, Foot Soldiers
Major buzz kill.The participation level has fallen off a cliff.A few year's ago, I'd have continued on, asking why, how, who, when and all that mess but I'm older than that now:confused:And, yes, I agree: Woodhead over BenJarvis is a puzzler. I do, however, admire your effort to elicit a response because that's why we do this: to share information and begin to "dig deep." Very few sure things this time of year. With no CBA and what seems like a big number of UFA's coupled with a record number of players hitting the IR, it looks more uncertain all the time. I can't imagine what an 18 game season will bring.....that's stupid and ostentatious greed rearing it's ugly head. By week #19, they'll be resurrecting the dead to perform for the cross-eyed. Goose lays Golden Egg -------> Omlet.

Toads said:
bostonfred said:
jeter23 said:
Hmm, Fred was on when I PMed him. Hope all is well for him.
I must have skipped right over the PM window. I was on the site. Sorry for the holdup. Mark Sanchez, Foot Soldiers
Major buzz kill.The participation level has fallen off a cliff.A few year's ago, I'd have continued on, asking why, how, who, when and all that mess but I'm older than that now:thumbup:
Nice job jumping in WSL#4......Looks like that one will pass us by tonight.

Couldn't pass up Jimmy Graham even though I already have Finley in tow... won't be shocked to see him take the Finley-esque leap next year and finish in the top 5-7 at TE.

Couldn't pass up Jimmy Graham even though I already have Finley in tow... won't be shocked to see him take the Finley-esque leap next year and finish in the top 5-7 at TE.
:thumbup: Shockey becomes an after thought....Payton loves him sum Graham....said he will be the steal of his draft class when all is said and done....with the way they spread the field his athletic ability causes fits for defenses......Bress looks for him and knows he can make plays when the ball is in the air.....

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
good stuff Toads, Im gonna miss being in a dynasty league w you
Looks like E League is a re-start with a new draft.....you could do worse. :banned:Need three to fill and that's not a big deal.It's: "Your money for nothin' and your chick's for free." :thumbup:

Can't blame you at all, but I thought that the QB2 pool was about to start to really dry up and getting TO as my WR3 was too good to pass on. Graham was on the short list though.

Can't blame you at all, but I thought that the QB2 pool was about to start to really dry up and getting TO as my WR3 was too good to pass on. Graham was on the short list though.
Im not sure what to think of TO this year. Certainly if he is brought in to start somewhere, he will put up #s, but I wonder if he has worn out his welcome around the league and may see a Housh-style drop in prominence this year - the FA WR class is very deep and most of the teams looking for starters will have more stable long-term pieces to choose from. It was definitely a tough call between him and Steve Smith CAR - I took Smith because Carolina is doing their best to make him comfortable with the WR coach hire and the potential of either the drafting of AJ Green to take the heat off of him or maybe even a trade.

I'm probably putting the reverse Bloom on him, but I have to say I think I think Toads team is very shaky. Almost every single one of his guys could be in for a dropoff from last year's #s, and he drafted them at last year's value -

Hillis - wore down at end of year and Hardesty returns

Bowe - TD #s will be hard to reproduce and Weis is gone

BJGE - NE could upgrade at RB, also offense was ridiculously high-scoring this year

Daniels - FA and could land in much less pass-happy TE role/offense

Manningham - Smith could be re-signed (almost a lock imo) and MM only projects to a 50-770-6 WR when Smith was in

Just seems like a backwards looking draft to me

Im not sure what to think of TO this year. Certainly if he is brought in to start somewhere, he will put up #s, but I wonder if he has worn out his welcome around the league and may see a Housh-style drop in prominence this year - the FA WR class is very deep and most of the teams looking for starters will have more stable long-term pieces to choose from. It was definitely a tough call between him and Steve Smith CAR - I took Smith because Carolina is doing their best to make him comfortable with the WR coach hire and the potential of either the drafting of AJ Green to take the heat off of him or maybe even a trade.
Both are worth gambles at this stage of the draft (SSmith, TO) given their track records. SSmith certainly has QB issues, and TO could go anywhere at this point (NYJ? NE? Any other guesses?) - so taking gambles on explosive veterans is a worthy selection in a best ball league.

QB- Vick

RB- Best, Torain

WR- Fitzgerald, Bryant, Collie

TE- Gonzalez

I'm liking this team so far. Alot of high risk high reward picks. I think all have big upside other than Gonzo. I though long and hard about Graham, now wish I had taken him over Gonzo. All in all so far so good.

I was pretty disappointed to whiff on Bradford and thought he'd go a round later than he did. Not happy at all about taking Cassel, but his fantasy numbers are 20+ games for over half the year and 11 for 15+. These numbers aren't mind-blowing, but as a QB2 capable of putting up big numbers I'll make do.

If I wasn't so worried about getting screwed on a QB2 run, I'd of taken Fred Jackson long ago. Repaer got a steal I think.

QB- VickRB- Best, TorainWR- Fitzgerald, Bryant, CollieTE- GonzalezI'm liking this team so far. Alot of high risk high reward picks. I think all have big upside other than Gonzo. I though long and hard about Graham, now wish I had taken him over Gonzo. All in all so far so good.
Collie Bryant and Best all have the potential to vastly outperform draft pick cost if they can stay healthy. Nice team as long as Vick can stay healthy. Obviously I agree on Graham.

I gotta run to school, and don't have a thread for my pick.

I'll take Mike Thomas, WR/JAX

BK wants Beanie Wells.

I thought long and hard on Wells...he never should have made it this far and was on my radar before I even read BK's PM.

I have NOT PM'd next.

Fred Jackson and Beanie were both on my list of possibilities. Not sure how either lasted this long. Went with McCoy as the QBs are really dried up. If he can pick up the new offense he will have some upside, assuming he is the starter.

When I drafted in round 7 I said there were two players I loved there I took Freddy Jackson...

For a while there I thought I was getting the other guy in the 8th and that was Deion Branch..

Any word on his return to NE?

So, instead in the 8th I grabbed my QB2... I've been the biggest Anti-Carson Palmer guy I know the past few years but, at QB26 what am I to do..... As long as he's playing he should beat that easily. Heck he was QB10 last year. I guess the question remains - WTF is up with Cincinatti?

With only a few startable QB's left I wasn't sure I'd be happy with what will come around the bend.

I'm probably putting the reverse Bloom on him, but I have to say I think I think Toads team is very shaky. Almost every single one of his guys could be in for a dropoff from last year's #s, and he drafted them at last year's value -

Hillis - wore down at end of year and Hardesty returns

Bowe - TD #s will be hard to reproduce and Weis is gone

BJGE - NE could upgrade at RB, also offense was ridiculously high-scoring this year

Daniels - FA and could land in much less pass-happy TE role/offense

Manningham - Smith could be re-signed (almost a lock imo) and MM only projects to a 50-770-6 WR when Smith was in

Just seems like a backwards looking draft to me
8.02: Blaine Gabbert FA-QB

PM's out.
Now it's a forward looking draft...

It's probably just me, but it seems that there's more uncertainty than usual in the bottom 10 of the QB's. We usually have 4 or 5 guys whose jobs are questionable. Seems more like ten this year. It might come back to haunt me, but I pretty much refuse to spend a pick in the first 8 or 9 rounds on a guy who might not even be the starter.

It's probably just me, but it seems that there's more uncertainty than usual in the bottom 10 of the QB's. We usually have 4 or 5 guys whose jobs are questionable. Seems more like ten this year. It might come back to haunt me, but I pretty much refuse to spend a pick in the first 8 or 9 rounds on a guy who might not even be the starter.
Some are going to come out looking like a genius and other's will have the 2011 version of the 2010 Leinart on their team.

Some are going to come out looking like a genius and other's will have the 2011 version of the 2010 Leinart on their team.
this....and we are going to have to wait a long time to see which way it goes on some of these guys.....risk/reward....but some of these guys (Orton/McNabb) have proven what they can do when Leinart never really did....either one of these guys onthe Vikes becomes a top 12 guy immediately IMO.....Bass....have you heard any rumblings about Volek following Rivera to CAR at all.....I know he is a free agent, but I also know he likes his role in SD and they would love to keep him.....but I think he is starter quality entrenched on the bench.... Volek put up some decent numbers a few years ago in TEN.....

this....and we are going to have to wait a long time to see which way it goes on some of these guys.....risk/reward....but some of these guys (Orton/McNabb) have proven what they can do when Leinart never really did....either one of these guys onthe Vikes becomes a top 12 guy immediately IMO.....Bass....have you heard any rumblings about Volek following Rivera to CAR at all.....I know he is a free agent, but I also know he likes his role in SD and they would love to keep him.....but I think he is starter quality entrenched on the bench.... Volek put up some decent numbers a few years ago in TEN.....
Nope...all the talk here is about the baby blue's resurgence.

1.01 Shadowfax - Arian Foster, Houston, RB1

2.16 Shadowfax - Drew Brees, QB5, New Orleans

3.01 Shadowfax - Dallas Clark, TE3, Indianapolis

4.16 Shadowfax - Santana Moss, WR26, Washington

5.01 Shadowfax - Pierre Garcon, WR27, Indianapolis

6.16 Shadowfax - Ryan Grant, RB29, Green Bay

7.01 Shadowfax - Tim Tebow, QB20, Denver

Not a bad squad...WR depth will obviously be critical.

1.02 Thom Yorke - Jamaal Charles, Kansas City, RB2

2.15 Thom Yorke - Miles Austin, WR11, Dallas

3.02 Thom Yorke - Wes Welker, WR12, New England

4.15 Thom Yorke - Felix Jones, RB22, Dallas

5.02 Thom Yorke - Matt Schaub, QB10, Houston

6.15 Thom Yorke - Danny Woodhead, RB28, New England

7.02 Thom Yorke - Dustin Keller, TE13, NY Jets

Not a big fan of this squad. Schaub was great value at 5.01 but I don't like a lot of the players where they were drafted Woodhead/Charles/Welker/felix Jones

1.03 Jeff Pasquino - Chris Johnson, Tenn., RB3

2.14 Jeff Pasquino - DeSean Jackson, WR10, Philadelphia

3.03 Jeff Pasquino - Tom Brady, QB6, New England

4.14 Jeff Pasquino - Chris Cooley, TE7, Washington

5.03 Jeff Pasquino- Mike Williams, WR28, Seattle

6.14 Jeff Pasquino- Matthew Stafford, QB19, Oakland

7.03 Jeff Pasquino- Terrell Owens, WR37, ?

I really like this team. All of these picks seem like value. Team has the right proportion of players by position.

1.08 BusMan - Darren McFadden, RB8, Oakland

2.09 BusMan - Steven Jackson, RB14, St. Louis

3.08 BusMan - Marques Colston, WR15, New Orleans

4.09 BusMan - Brandon Lloyd, WR21, Denver

5.08 BusMan - Matt Ryan, QB12, Atlanta

6.09 BusMan - Brandon Pettigrew, TE12, Detroit

7.08 BusMan - Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB21, Buffalo

8.09 BusMan - Davone Bess, WR42, Miami

Starting as I typically do with strength at RB but weaknesses everywhere else. Really wanted Tebow in the seventh and didn't think Shadowfax would snag him at the 6/7 turn with him already having Brees. His team will have a high floor at QB.

Teams seems pretty cautious/average right now---nothing sexy.

1.08 BusMan - Darren McFadden, RB8, Oakland

2.09 BusMan - Steven Jackson, RB14, St. Louis

3.08 BusMan - Marques Colston, WR15, New Orleans

4.09 BusMan - Brandon Lloyd, WR21, Denver

5.08 BusMan - Matt Ryan, QB12, Atlanta

6.09 BusMan - Brandon Pettigrew, TE12, Detroit

7.08 BusMan - Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB21, Buffalo

8.09 BusMan - Davone Bess, WR42, Miami

Not bad but not great...I don't see any huge value picks here although I do like the Bess pick. Not a huge fan of the Lloyd pick.

1.04 Sigmund Bloom - Adrian Peterson, Min, RB4

2.13 Sigmund Bloom - Peyton Manning, QB4, Indianapolis

3.04 Sigmund Bloom - Jermichael Finley, TE4, Green Bay

4.13 Sigmund Bloom - Sidney Rice, WR25, Minnesota

5.04 Sigmund Bloom- Steve Smith, WR29, NYG/FA

6.13 Sigmund Bloom- Steve Smith, WR36, Carolina

7.04 Sigmund Bloom - Jimmy Graham, TE14, New Orleans

Good all the way around. No reaches. Good position to position proportion although a bit to be determined at QB and RB.

Users who are viewing this thread