What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 Discussion (2 Viewers)

1.05 Valence - Ray Rice, Bal, RB5

2.12 Valence - Phillip Rivers, QB3, San Diego

3.05 Valence - Mike Williams, WR13, Tampa Bay

4.12 Valence - Kenny Britt, WR24, Tennessee

5.05 Valence- Zach Miller, TE8, Oakland

6.12 Valence- Mark Ingram, RB27, ?

7.05 Valence- Reggie Bush, RB30, New Orleans

Hmmm...still a few holes to fill. I'll reserve judgement until I see a few more rounds. I don't see any huge reaches and I like the Rice and Bush picks.

1.06 BostonFred - Maurice Jones-Drew, RB6, Jacksonville

2.11 BostonFred - Mike Wallace, WR9, Pittsburgh

3.06 BostonFred - Knowshon Moreno, RB15, Denver

4.11 BostonFred - Steve Johnson, WR23, Buffalo

5.06 BostonFred - Jay Cutler, QB11, Chicago

6.11 BostonFred- Mark Sanchez, QB18, NY Jets

7.06 BostonFred- Rob Gronkowski, TE15, New England

Some risk at WR and TE. Solid at QB and RB. Not a huge fan of the Wallace and Johnson picks.

1.07 Jeter23 - LeSean McCoy, RB7, Philadelphia

2.10 Jeter23 - Aaron Rodgers, QB2, Green Bay

3.07 Jeter23 - Brandon Marshall, WR14, Miami

4.10 Jeter23 - Percy Harvin, WR22, Minnesota

5.07 Jeter23 - LeGarrette Blount, RB23, Tampa Bay

6.10 Jeter23 - Chad Johnson, WR35, Cincinnati

7.07 Jeter23 - Aaron Hernandez, TE16, New England

Not a terrible team...I don't see any huge value plays but no huge reaches either. Hernandez and Johnson present some downside risk IMHO.

renesauz said:
It's probably just me, but it seems that there's more uncertainty than usual in the bottom 10 of the QB's. We usually have 4 or 5 guys whose jobs are questionable. Seems more like ten this year. It might come back to haunt me, but I pretty much refuse to spend a pick in the first 8 or 9 rounds on a guy who might not even be the starter.
Exactly why I took Stafford as my QB2 when I did. Way too many :goodposting: at the bottom half of the QB list. I'll let the other teams gamble on some of those names. I knew that if I didn't take Stafford at the 6/7 turn there was no way I'd have a quality QB2. Stafford was about the last guy on my list that had the potential for a 3-4TD game or two next year.

renesauz said:
It's probably just me, but it seems that there's more uncertainty than usual in the bottom 10 of the QB's. We usually have 4 or 5 guys whose jobs are questionable. Seems more like ten this year. It might come back to haunt me, but I pretty much refuse to spend a pick in the first 8 or 9 rounds on a guy who might not even be the starter.
Exactly why I took Stafford as my QB2 when I did. Way too many :shrug: at the bottom half of the QB list. I'll let the other teams gamble on some of those names. I knew that if I didn't take Stafford at the 6/7 turn there was no way I'd have a quality QB2. Stafford was about the last guy on my list that had the potential for a 3-4TD game or two next year.
But isn't Stafford the very definition of that uncertainty? He's played thirteen games in two years and seems to have major shoulder issues as a very young QB.

renesauz said:
Exactly why I took Stafford as my QB2 when I did. Way too many :shrug: at the bottom half of the QB list. I'll let the other teams gamble on some of those names. I knew that if I didn't take Stafford at the 6/7 turn there was no way I'd have a quality QB2. Stafford was about the last guy on my list that had the potential for a 3-4TD game or two next year.
But isn't Stafford the very definition of that uncertainty? He's played thirteen games in two years and seems to have major shoulder issues as a very young QB.
That may be, but he's the unquestioned starter if and when he's healthy and can put up big numbers. Everything I've seen has him already OK for next year, so I'll take that for my backup and hopefully only need him a few games. Every QB after about 13-15 has some question to him, so at least I know he can produce and has no job security issues.

ShadowFax just sniped both of my top targets at WR (Green, Ford) for my next pick :nerd: brilliant

Also loved the MSW pick - all three of those wideouts should be very good values this late in the draft. James Jones was also in my top 5 WR remaining. Gotta love seeing your list decimated at the position you were targeting next. :lmao:

Quick reviews thru 8:

Shadowfax - one of the strongest teams by far. No weakness and explosive upside across the board.

TY - Solid with potential to go deep if Felix and Keller break out

JP - Solid pending stocking of RB, didnt overspend on anyone

Valence - quality across the board. Bush might have been a reach, but Ingram can more than make up for it

BF - A bit vulnerable with a thin WR corps and lacking punch at QB and TE

Jeter - quality drafting as always, BM and Rodgers in particular were values

BusMan - Loved the Lloyd and Sjax picks, might have gone another direction at TE though

Reaper - Romo was highway robbery in the 4th, but vulnerable at WR and RB doesn't feel as strong as it should with 3 picks in already

YLIU - Love the WR corps, a LOT riding on Vick.

Rene - Strong WR, but will need to hit on late TE picks

BK - Big upside at RB for very reasonable cost, Gates was a steal if he's anywhere near '10 level. strong team

JD - Sacrificed WR to bolster QB/TE, but neither position feels that strong. lacking upside

Dp - Could work out if Bradford gets souped up by McDaniels arrival and Moss has a revival

Toads - not feelin it, see earlier in thread

AR - Lots of uncertainty at RB even though he threw three picks at it already, QB feels shaky for having two picks in too

First real "needy" pick with Michael Bush at RB2, but I feel that his free agent status and young age (I think he's 26) puts him near the top of any team's RB shopping list. He also has a good nose for the end zone so even if he returns to Oakland he should put up some solid scores.

First real "needy" pick with Michael Bush at RB2, but I feel that his free agent status and young age (I think he's 26) puts him near the top of any team's RB shopping list. He also has a good nose for the end zone so even if he returns to Oakland he should put up some solid scores.
Are we sure Bush is a FA?

Are we sure Bush is a FA?
Under the old terms of the CBA he definitely would be at least a restricted free agent (3 years of service) but who knows.....Everything I see has him as an "impending free agent".

With my receiving list being decimated I went with Shipley. He saw quite a few targets as a rookie, and could prove to be a servicable replacement should Cincy be committed to a youth movement. Big question @ QB, and maybe at RB as I don't trust Benson.

9.11 Brent Celek

I feel like this is a steal at TE20 in the ninth round. After the first tier of TE's went, I was planning to wait a good long time for mine because the 3rd and 4th tiers are deeper than ever at the position. I don't see all that big a differance between TE8 for example, and Celek, other than 5 or 6 rounds.

Celek was over-valued a little last year, but is probably a bit under-valued now.

Kolb is another guy I was hoping to snag late. Odd to see a B/U QB taken in the 9th. I realize many folks are predicting him to be dealt, and starting elsewhere, but that's far from a sure thing. I like the gamble...just not this soon.

Tough time in deciding what direction to go with this pick. Went with a RB in a time share, although one coming off of injury. In two years he has not been able to take the job away from Addai, but still plays a role as a good option off of the bench. Will only see the bulk of the carries if Addai gets hurt.

9.11 Brent CelekI feel like this is a steal at TE20 in the ninth round. After the first tier of TE's went, I was planning to wait a good long time for mine because the 3rd and 4th tiers are deeper than ever at the position. I don't see all that big a differance between TE8 for example, and Celek, other than 5 or 6 rounds. Celek was over-valued a little last year, but is probably a bit under-valued now. Kolb is another guy I was hoping to snag late. Odd to see a B/U QB taken in the 9th. I realize many folks are predicting him to be dealt, and starting elsewhere, but that's far from a sure thing. I like the gamble...just not this soon.
It's a little disturbing that Celek had zero catches in three of Vick's last eight starts, and only one game with more than four catches all year, but agreed, value in the ninth, steal if he and Vick can get on the same page next year. In general, I'm a bit perplexed that this draft has collectively devalued TE, a souped-up position in this format...Kolb in the 9th makes sense for the team that took Vick in the first. Either it pays off as hedge against Vick injury or YLIU just got his second starting QB pretty cheap.

Tough time in deciding what direction to go with this pick. Went with a RB in a time share, although one coming off of injury. In two years he has not been able to take the job away from Addai, but still plays a role as a good option off of the bench. Will only see the bulk of the carries if Addai gets hurt.
I am at a total crossroads with Brown. I liked the intersection of ability and situation a ton when he was drafted, and Addai has had the injuries to give Brown the opportunity to show what he can do, but Brown has had even worse injury woes, and appears to have gained no trust whatsoever from the Colts in both short yardage and passing situations. The fact that Rhodes played a big role and Brown was nowhere to be found in the playoff game was telling imo. I think this is a make-or-break offseason for Brown, and it could hurt a lot if it is a short one b/c of the CBA issues. Mike Hart also still looms as a guy they seemed to trust as much or more than Brown, and of course Addai could/should return in FA. Upside from situation and pedigree still dictates 10th round value (at least), but I'm getting very close to writing him off, at least for as long as he's a Colt.

9.11 Brent CelekI feel like this is a steal at TE20 in the ninth round. After the first tier of TE's went, I was planning to wait a good long time for mine because the 3rd and 4th tiers are deeper than ever at the position. I don't see all that big a differance between TE8 for example, and Celek, other than 5 or 6 rounds. Celek was over-valued a little last year, but is probably a bit under-valued now. Kolb is another guy I was hoping to snag late. Odd to see a B/U QB taken in the 9th. I realize many folks are predicting him to be dealt, and starting elsewhere, but that's far from a sure thing. I like the gamble...just not this soon.
It's a little disturbing that Celek had zero catches in three of Vick's last eight starts, and only one game with more than four catches all year, but agreed, value in the ninth, steal if he and Vick can get on the same page next year. In general, I'm a bit perplexed that this draft has collectively devalued TE, a souped-up position in this format...Kolb in the 9th makes sense for the team that took Vick in the first. Either it pays off as hedge against Vick injury or YLIU just got his second starting QB pretty cheap.
I can't speak for others, but for me it isn't so much that TE's are devalued as much as that TE's are deep. If you use a tiering strategy, is it wise to take one of the first guys in a deep tier, or one of the last? I didn't wait for the ninth round as much as I waited for the bottom of a ridiculously deep tier.Good point on Vick/Kolb...hadn't noticed he also took Vick, and I agree it made sense for him.

4.13 Sigmund Bloom - Sidney Rice, WR25, Minnesota - While I don't love the likelihood of my #1 WR and #1 RB being on the same time (I expect MIN to either re-sign or franchise Rice), Rice showed me he was his good old self at the end of last year and Im willing to suffere through the low weeks b/c of QB play to get the top 5/10 weeks when he goes into dominant mode 4-8 times next year.

5.04 Sigmund Bloom- Steve Smith, WR29, NYG/FA - Again taking upside/risk at a discount, I believe the Giants saw how much the pass offense suffered without Smith and he should be brought back for another 80-90 catch season with 100+ catch upside. The microfracture is a bit of a worry with the late recovery schedule, but again I think the 5th round cost more than prices that in.

6.13 Sigmund Bloom- Steve Smith, WR36, Carolina - Counting on Clausen to learn how to find Smith/Chudzinski to scheme to Smith's strengths/possibly even a trade to greener pastures. Heck speaking of Green they might even draft AJ Green to take some heat off of Smith. Just counting on his top 10-15 talent to find a way to produce 4-6 top 10-15 games.

7.04 Sigmund Bloom - Jimmy Graham, TE14, New Orleans - Covered earlier - just couldn't pass up the opportunity to have two #1 TEs - giving me a chance to have a top 5 TE score most every week and insurance against another Finley injury.

8.13 Sigmund Bloom - Joseph Addai, RB38, Indianapolis/FA - I see no reason that he isn't the starter for Indy or primary back in an RBBC for whomever signs him in FA. I don't love the talent or injury history, but can't pass up a starting quality back with all-around game in the late 8th. Wish he wasn't likely on the same team as my QB, but them's the breaks.

9.04 Sigmund Bloom - Mikel LeShoure, RB, ROOKIE - With Addai very likely sharing a bye with my QB + his injury history, I felt like I needed some RB3 punch. LeShoure looks like a freaking beast, honestly more physically gifted than Mendenhall and really took his preparation seriously this year, producing major major results. As long as he keeps up his conditioning/nutrition, I think he has the highest ceiling of any back in this class. His situation could be dicey at first, but I think he's the kind of talent that gets on the field pretty quickly, regardless of competition to begin.

I can't speak for others, but for me it isn't so much that TE's are devalued as much as that TE's are deep. If you use a tiering strategy, is it wise to take one of the first guys in a deep tier, or one of the last? I didn't wait for the ninth round as much as I waited for the bottom of a ridiculously deep tier.Good point on Vick/Kolb...hadn't noticed he also took Vick, and I agree it made sense for him.
Agree that TEs are as deep as they have ever been, but I believe the TE tier we are still in right now is worth more like a late6th-early8th, just like the top QB2s were. Thats what I mean by devaluing the position, people don't seem to have put as much of a premium on maximizing scoring potential at TE as they have at other positions.

I am at a total crossroads with Brown. I liked the intersection of ability and situation a ton when he was drafted, and Addai has had the injuries to give Brown the opportunity to show what he can do, but Brown has had even worse injury woes, and appears to have gained no trust whatsoever from the Colts in both short yardage and passing situations. The fact that Rhodes played a big role and Brown was nowhere to be found in the playoff game was telling imo. I think this is a make-or-break offseason for Brown, and it could hurt a lot if it is a short one b/c of the CBA issues. Mike Hart also still looms as a guy they seemed to trust as much or more than Brown, and of course Addai could/should return in FA. Upside from situation and pedigree still dictates 10th round value (at least), but I'm getting very close to writing him off, at least for as long as he's a Colt.
I wouldn't be surprised at all for the Colts to add another RB by the end of the draft.

FYI - I believe that we have a gentlemen's agreement to not have anyone timeout on Super Bowl Sunday.

The draft should continue, but if anyone comes up I don't want them to sweat their pick during the biggest game of the year.

11.07 Tim Hightower, RB ARZ
Not sure how or why our discussion thread got locked.....This was a great pick. NOt sure why he's being drafted so late in this format as he will continue to be a large part of the Cardinals offense, even if/when he's not the "starter".Had my fingers crossed he'd make it to me, but didn't really expect him to.

Not sure how or why our discussion thread got locked.....This was a great pick. NOt sure why he's being drafted so late in this format as he will continue to be a large part of the Cardinals offense, even if/when he's not the "starter".Had my fingers crossed he'd make it to me, but didn't really expect him to.
mehAs soon as Wells is ready, he'll take over the primary back job, even if he's not, Hyphen will eat into Hightower's touches. If the org has soured on Wells, they'll look RB in the draft/FA He seems like a player on the decline to me - a backup who was pushed into starter touches b/c the RB of the future on the roster had a terrible year. There are RBs still left on the board with more talent and arguably just as much opportunity in 2011, if not more.

Sigmund Bloom said:
mehAs soon as Wells is ready, he'll take over the primary back job, even if he's not, Hyphen will eat into Hightower's touches. If the org has soured on Wells, they'll look RB in the draft/FA He seems like a player on the decline to me - a backup who was pushed into starter touches b/c the RB of the future on the roster had a terrible year. There are RBs still left on the board with more talent and arguably just as much opportunity in 2011, if not more.
He's not a natural runner in that he doesn't seem to have very good instincts or vision. But he blocks well, catches well, is somewhat shifty in open space, and runs hard (not overly powerful, but more powerful than his bulk suggests). We tend to write off players like this in fantasy because they will never be a top 10 or 20 or whatever...yet they hang out in the NFL for a long time, and generally produce more than we think their talent merits.I was in no way suggesting he's worth much in standard leagues, because his workload (barring injury to Wells) will not be consistant enough to make him useful. IN a best ball league though, that dynamic changes significantly, because he will have a few games with 60-80 combined yards and a TD. Many of these other "higher upside" RB's will only approach that upside if the starter in front of them gets hurt. Hightower will produce several scoring games in this format even if Wells stays healthy AND is the RB1 they envisioned when he was drafted.OH....and :goodposting: at Howling

Sigmund Bloom said:
Not sure how or why our discussion thread got locked.....This was a great pick. NOt sure why he's being drafted so late in this format as he will continue to be a large part of the Cardinals offense, even if/when he's not the "starter".

Had my fingers crossed he'd make it to me, but didn't really expect him to.
He's not a natural runner in that he doesn't seem to have very good instincts or vision. But he blocks well, catches well, is somewhat shifty in open space, and runs hard (not overly powerful, but more powerful than his bulk suggests). We tend to write off players like this in fantasy because they will never be a top 10 or 20 or whatever...yet they hang out in the NFL for a long time, and generally produce more than we think their talent merits.I was in no way suggesting he's worth much in standard leagues, because his workload (barring injury to Wells) will not be consistant enough to make him useful. IN a best ball league though, that dynamic changes significantly, because he will have a few games with 60-80 combined yards and a TD. Many of these other "higher upside" RB's will only approach that upside if the starter in front of them gets hurt. Hightower will produce several scoring games in this format even if Wells stays healthy AND is the RB1 they envisioned when he was drafted.

OH....and :goodposting: at Howling
I understand the chuckle at LSH, but I think he is a very underrated player. He can become a young Mewelde Moore type and give the Cardinals more playmaking ability out of the backfield in two minute drill and no huddle type situations. If it wasn't for Lesean McCoy being at Pitt, we would have heard a lot more about him in college.
"I certainly have learned a great lesson with LaRod," Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "I think it's easy to look at a player's size and maybe have some preconceived ideas of what he can't do, what his limitations are. My thinking on that has changed tremendously. I think you have to look back to what a guy does on the football field, how he plays."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/...l#ixzz1DPxTfRzX

Some are going to come out looking like a genius and other's will have the 2011 version of the 2010 Leinart on their team.
I took vick in wsl last year and remember kicking myself at the end of training camp when kolb was named starter. funny now.

I can take a list for the guys here at the turn.

Let's get this moving again, quickly.
I'm awaiting Jeff's response to a proposal to provide a Guidebook for these drafts.I'll not draft until I receive it. If replacing me is the best option, then proceed without me.

Doing this for three years and expecting a different result is my problem. You guys keep going and expecting different results.....that's your problem.

I'm done with doing that. :rant:

Time to take a stand. :fedup:

Last edited by a moderator:
don't have a horse in the WSL2 race, but I say a big :thumbup: to bailing out......if I read things correctly you have only had one timeout (Fred) in this draft and it was early.....sure it may have been going slow and communication could be better but for the other 180 picks or so everybody has been within their alloted time.....I understand the frustration but also recognize that most have been playing within the guidelines.....if the problem is with the rules/setup (8 hour clock) then that is definatley something that can be addressed or asked about and some guidelines established for communication, etc....but to draw a line in the sand and quit as a way of taking a stand is not real productive and does more to add to this leagues problem then fix it.....not trying to call you out Toads, but quitting on a league with one timeout seems kind of weak....

don't have a horse in the WSL2 race, but I say a big :thumbdown: to bailing out......if I read things correctly you have only had one timeout (Fred) in this draft and it was early.....sure it may have been going slow and communication could be better but for the other 180 picks or so everybody has been within their alloted time.....I understand the frustration but also recognize that most have been playing within the guidelines.....if the problem is with the rules/setup (8 hour clock) then that is definatley something that can be addressed or asked about and some guidelines established for communication, etc....but to draw a line in the sand and quit as a way of taking a stand is not real productive and does more to add to this leagues problem then fix it.....not trying to call you out Toads, but quitting on a league with one timeout seems kind of weak....
:goodposting: Well said, quitting is a weak move. Did he quit WSL4 also?BNB, aren't quitters ussallu banned for a year or two?

I can take a list for the guys here at the turn.

Let's get this moving again, quickly.
I'm awaiting Jeff's response to a proposal to provide a Guidebook for these drafts.I'll not draft until I receive it. If replacing me is the best option, then proceed without me.

Doing this for three years and expecting a different result is my problem. You guys keep going and expecting different results.....that's your problem.

I'm done with doing that. :thumbup:

Time to take a stand. :fedup:
Not having a guidebook doesn't equate to a reason to bail.I do agree that we should have a guide for new people doing these drafts, but the WSLs are full of veteran survivor FBG drafts. There's no excuse for what's gone on in WSL2 over the past few days.

Should people 3-5 spots away that know they'll be gone for hours leave a list, especially after Round 8? Yes.

Should people PM the next two drafters after their pick that they are up or on deck? Yes.

Should people check on the draft at least once a day, if not more? Yes.

Not sure what else to say. If you can't do the 3 things above or be around more for a 3-4 week stretch, don't sign up. :shrug:

don't have a horse in the WSL2 race, but I say a big :thumbdown: to bailing out......if I read things correctly you have only had one timeout (Fred) in this draft and it was early.....sure it may have been going slow and communication could be better but for the other 180 picks or so everybody has been within their alloted time.....I understand the frustration but also recognize that most have been playing within the guidelines.....if the problem is with the rules/setup (8 hour clock) then that is definatley something that can be addressed or asked about and some guidelines established for communication, etc....but to draw a line in the sand and quit as a way of taking a stand is not real productive and does more to add to this leagues problem then fix it.....not trying to call you out Toads, but quitting on a league with one timeout seems kind of weak....
:lmao: Well said, quitting is a weak move. Did he quit WSL4 also?BNB, aren't quitters ussallu banned for a year or two?
Yuppers...two year ban. :tumbleweed:Gave Stinkin Ref the go ahead to take over team toad.

Quitters suck. If you can't handle a slow message board draft in February, maybe this isn't really for you.

Glll peas.

Thanks, Ref for taking over. But be forewarned....Toads probably bailed due to that cluster#### of a team he drafted. :shrug:

I generally liked reading what Toads had to say but so long quitter. :lmao: :bye:

Thanks, Ref for taking over. But be forewarned....Toads probably bailed due to that cluster#### of a team he drafted. :lmao:I generally liked reading what Toads had to say but so long quitter. :lmao: :bye:
3.15 Toads - BenJarvis Green-Elis, RB19, New England 8.02 Toads - Blaine Gabbert, QB24, ?
We're probably better off now that he's gone. These could possible be the two worst draft picks in the history of the survivor leagues. We're not talking guppy skill level here...more along the lines of plankton.

Thanks, Ref for taking over. But be forewarned....Toads probably bailed due to that cluster#### of a team he drafted. :shrug:I generally liked reading what Toads had to say but so long quitter. :) :bye:
3.15 Toads - BenJarvis Green-Elis, RB19, New England 8.02 Toads - Blaine Gabbert, QB24, ?
We're probably better off now that he's gone. These could possible be the two worst draft picks in the history of the survivor leagues. We're not talking guppy skill level here...more along the lines of plankton.
part of the reason I'd like to have a do-over on that second consecutive defense pick....with NYJ on board this team could use help at another position....big time.....not going to slam on Toads after the fact, but this wasn't a real good start......

Not really surprised to see a run on defenses here as teams at the back are trying to get ahead of the curve.

Took Robiskie in an attempt to shore up my WR3BC. Cleveland receivers were horrible last year, but he is projected to be a starter and did well over the last part of the season. Drawbacks are a new coach/coordinator. He stands a good chance of improving on last years 29/310/3.

Thanks, Ref for taking over. But be forewarned....Toads probably bailed due to that cluster#### of a team he drafted. :coffee:I generally liked reading what Toads had to say but so long quitter. :excited: :bye:
part of the reason I'd like to have a do-over on that second consecutive defense pick....with NYJ on board this team could use help at another position....big time.....not going to slam on Toads after the fact, but this wasn't a real good start......
I think Stinkin Ref should have the opportunity to undo the NYG D, Toads submitted those picks after he said he quit. No one is going to be harmed by SR selecting from another position. If anyone would have taken the NYG D over their post 12.2 pick, that can easily be undone too...

Thanks, Ref for taking over. But be forewarned....Toads probably bailed due to that cluster#### of a team he drafted. :coffee:I generally liked reading what Toads had to say but so long quitter. :excited: :bye:
I think Stinkin Ref should have the opportunity to undo the NYG D, Toads submitted those picks after he said he quit. No one is going to be harmed by SR selecting from another position. If anyone would have taken the NYG D over their post 12.2 pick, that can easily be undone too...
Bloom - I appreciate where you're coming from but this draft is moving slowly enough w/o go back and re-doing picks. It could impact earlier selections. To be fair we would need to reset from that point. I think there will be enough defenses selected by the time it gets back to Toads/Ref that the drop off at the other positions will be minimal.

Quitters suck. If you can't handle a slow message board draft in February, maybe this isn't really for you.Glll peas.
:bye: Every pick of mine has been via PM or within a couple hours, but honestly, I don't care if guys take their time at this point in the season. 3 picks or 20 picks in a given day isn't going to matter a whole lot in the bigger scheme.

I really don't understand the over reaction that is going on here. It's flippin' february, why is there such a huge rush? I know, I know, the longer drafts take, the more people lose interest, but this is a veteran group of drafters for the most part and JP's comment about "we better step it up if we have any chance of finishing" is utterly ridiculous. We will finish this. We always do.

Toad, I have never been a huge fan of your often cryptic and occasionally condescending posts. Now that you have added the label of "quitter" to your resume, I really hope you never participate in one of these ever again.

We have had exactly ONE timeout. Last I checked there was an 8 hour clock. If people occasionally have to use most of that clock because of unforeseen circumstances, I see no reason to get your panties in a wad; especially in February. There have been numerous times over the years where someone got pissed off about someone not picking in time, only to find out later that they had a death in the family or were incredibly sick. If we had a deadline, like we do sometimes with some of the other survivor leagues then it may be warranted.

Everything is cool. Let's carry on, remain civil, and have some fun with a hobby that we are lucky to continue with during the non-playing season.

I really don't understand the over reaction that is going on here. It's flippin' february, why is there such a huge rush? I know, I know, the longer drafts take, the more people lose interest, but this is a veteran group of drafters for the most part and JP's comment about "we better step it up if we have any chance of finishing" is utterly ridiculous. We will finish this. We always do.Toad, I have never been a huge fan of your often cryptic and occasionally condescending posts. Now that you have added the label of "quitter" to your resume, I really hope you never participate in one of these ever again.We have had exactly ONE timeout. Last I checked there was an 8 hour clock. If people occasionally have to use most of that clock because of unforeseen circumstances, I see no reason to get your panties in a wad; especially in February. There have been numerous times over the years where someone got pissed off about someone not picking in time, only to find out later that they had a death in the family or were incredibly sick. If we had a deadline, like we do sometimes with some of the other survivor leagues then it may be warranted. Everything is cool. Let's carry on, remain civil, and have some fun with a hobby that we are lucky to continue with during the non-playing season.
Agreed...but with that said I like to keep these drafts in a 4 week time frame. That's generally what people can expect when they sign up in case they have vacations coming up or other things. I won't let this go much longer than 4 weeks because we'll lose future drafters as people lose interest. If needed I'l cut down the clock to speed things along, but for now let's just try to do a better job checking in and using PMs.

Back to the topic at hand...

12.13 Bernard Scott, RB, CIN

Well, he just has the look of another Ahmad Bradshaw. Good burst, instincts, toughness (also very underrated hands as a receiver, but they haven't used him that way). Even if Cedric Benson comes back or they draft/sign another RB to have a bigger role than Scott, I think his productivity will eventually get him more touches one way or the other, even though CIN seems to not think he can carry the load for them (just like the Giants and Bradshaw for the first three years of his career).

Very surprised he is lasting as long as he is in the WSLs because his value can only go up with Benson a free agent.

Back to the topic at hand...12.13 Bernard Scott, RB, CINWell, he just has the look of another Ahmad Bradshaw. Good burst, instincts, toughness (also very underrated hands as a receiver, but they haven't used him that way). Even if Cedric Benson comes back or they draft/sign another RB to have a bigger role than Scott, I think his productivity will eventually get him more touches one way or the other, even though CIN seems to not think he can carry the load for them (just like the Giants and Bradshaw for the first three years of his career).Very surprised he is lasting as long as he is in the WSLs because his value can only go up with Benson a free agent.
Had him at the top of my available RB's when I took Tate. I flipped back and forth between him and Tate, and had briefly considered Greg Olsen and one other not yet drafted. I have a hard time seeing Scott taking over an RB1 role, but I do think he'll get more opportunity this year.Always makes me feel good about my own rankings when guys I'm considering get drafted very close to where I was considering them. At least, it does this early in the off-season when we're all really flying by the seat of our pants.

Back to the topic at hand...12.13 Bernard Scott, RB, CINWell, he just has the look of another Ahmad Bradshaw. Good burst, instincts, toughness (also very underrated hands as a receiver, but they haven't used him that way). Even if Cedric Benson comes back or they draft/sign another RB to have a bigger role than Scott, I think his productivity will eventually get him more touches one way or the other, even though CIN seems to not think he can carry the load for them (just like the Giants and Bradshaw for the first three years of his career).Very surprised he is lasting as long as he is in the WSLs because his value can only go up with Benson a free agent.
Had him at the top of my available RB's when I took Tate. I flipped back and forth between him and Tate, and had briefly considered Greg Olsen and one other not yet drafted. I have a hard time seeing Scott taking over an RB1 role, but I do think he'll get more opportunity this year.Always makes me feel good about my own rankings when guys I'm considering get drafted very close to where I was considering them. At least, it does this early in the off-season when we're all really flying by the seat of our pants.
if I would have been able to swap the the NYG DST pick he was on the radar...Hillis...okBJGE...NE RB who knows week to week let alone year to yearIvory....lisfranc...nuf said

mostly agree. I should have taken him instead of Shiancoe as there were a couple other TEs I would have been ok with in the event Shiancoe got taken between 12.12 and 13.05.ce'st la vie.With Lynch probably entrenched as the lead back, Forsett should resume his more productive role as the 3rd down and passing situation RB. Should provide for a couple of scoring weeks at minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread