What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 Discussion (1 Viewer)

Back to the topic at hand...12.13 Bernard Scott, RB, CINWell, he just has the look of another Ahmad Bradshaw. Good burst, instincts, toughness (also very underrated hands as a receiver, but they haven't used him that way). Even if Cedric Benson comes back or they draft/sign another RB to have a bigger role than Scott, I think his productivity will eventually get him more touches one way or the other, even though CIN seems to not think he can carry the load for them (just like the Giants and Bradshaw for the first three years of his career).Very surprised he is lasting as long as he is in the WSLs because his value can only go up with Benson a free agent.
mostly agree. I should have taken him instead of Shiancoe as there were a couple other TEs I would have been ok with in the event Shiancoe got taken between 12.12 and 13.05.ce'st la vie.With Lynch probably entrenched as the lead back, Forsett should resume his more productive role as the 3rd down and passing situation RB. Should provide for a couple of scoring weeks at minimum.
Forsett is another guy whose talent seems to demand more work, the only question is whether his team will give him the chance to show that again.

13.04 Jason Snelling, RB, ATL/FA

I believe we're looking at one of the more underrated RBs in the league here. Think Hillis/Tolbert - maybe not quite as overpowering, but certainly in the mold of RB/FB tweeners that can become a major part of an RBBC. Snelling has terrific hands out of the backfield, runs hard on every touch, and seems to have legit instincts between the tackles and in space. I would expect that he gets 8-12 touches a game if he stays in ATL, with about 40-50 catches, and upside for more if Turner loses a step. There is even more upside if he leaves, which is a real possibility. Last offseason there was a little buzz that Snelling was highly thought of around the league, and his second round tender certainly indicates that. Look for Snelling to continue to increase his impact next season wherever he plays.

Love devin hester in this format. Should give me several scoring weeks.

Also like two top ten defenses with the steelers and eagles, who never share a bye week

Wanted Snelling with my pick here, but had to change directions. Decided to roll the dice on Cadillac. He is old (29) and a free agent this year. The best years are behind him, but I feel that he could be serviceable as a third down back. It is possible that he comes back to Tampa and does well in that roll.

Willis McGaheeNot sure why he's still available...am I missing something??????
not sure where he might be playing....per rotoworldRavens looking to upgrade running gameThe Ravens are expected to upgrade their running game this offseason.Said owner Steve Bisciotti of Baltimore's run game, "We have to go back to the drawing board. You can't take what you're good at for granted, and I think you're just going to build on that." Willis McGahee is expected to be released unless he takes a drastic pay cut, and with Le'Ron McClain a free agent, look for at least one new face behind Ray Rice. Jan 22, 9:32:00 AMSource: Carroll County Times
This is true, but he's much more talented than any of the other RBs going this late. It's hard to imagine him not latching on somewhere as at least a significant piece of a RBBC.

Willis McGaheeNot sure why he's still available...am I missing something??????
not sure where he might be playing....per rotoworldRavens looking to upgrade running gameThe Ravens are expected to upgrade their running game this offseason.Said owner Steve Bisciotti of Baltimore's run game, "We have to go back to the drawing board. You can't take what you're good at for granted, and I think you're just going to build on that." Willis McGahee is expected to be released unless he takes a drastic pay cut, and with Le'Ron McClain a free agent, look for at least one new face behind Ray Rice. Jan 22, 9:32:00 AMSource: Carroll County Times
This is true, but he's much more talented than any of the other RBs going this late. It's hard to imagine him not latching on somewhere as at least a significant piece of a RBBC.
I totally agree...think he is only like 29 years old.....I could easily see him even being a featured portion of some type of RBBC...seems like he still has some juice and can bust of some nice runs.....plus he brings a little pop when he runs....personally I think BAL should do what they can to keep him, as I think he is a good compliment to Rice and can even be the type of guy that could carry the load should Rice get hurt.....as the article says, he may need to take less money, but not sure BAL can find someone as good as him.....maybe a Michael Bush or somebody...

Been rather busy of late so haven't had much time to comment...

Several good picks (and a few not so good) in last few rounds:

14.10 - J Gaffney - Loved that pick with the D. Thomas injury in DEN

15.02 - LWash - With no KR/PR TDs, not feeling this one

15.10 - MBryant, PK - Yes, even a PK gets a thumbsdown here as I think he is a FA and there's always a chance he doesn't wind up in ATL again. Modest downside risk but I prefer next to no risk with PKs at this time of year (of course that's a Kiss-of-Death for my kickers)

15.16 - KWalters - Never flashy but usually productive at some point of the year. Good pick.

16.03 - ADixon - Good upside pick with Gore's understudy.

16.04 - LMurphy - Also a solid pick.

17.01 - Ben Tate - Had my eye on him but with several other RBs on my list I passed on him. I do like him to form a RBBC with Arian Foster.

17.05 - Seyi Ajirotutu - Hard to find too much upside for him with VJax back and several other WRs likely ahead of him in 2011.

17.09 - Roy Williams - Thought about him with his 5 TD catches, but they all came before November. He's on his way out and may struggle to find a place to play after Dallas cuts his monster salary.

17.11 McGahee - Like him if only for his TD production. Not sure if BAL brings him back. Throw him on the "vet to NE" pile of 5-7 other veteran RBs out there. RB is going to be crowded with tons of FAs.

Rud's high risk, high reward 17/18 turn of Portis and Plax has big boom / bust potential. Gotta like that double-barrel shotgun approach with late picks.

Late QBs - All a crapshoot for sure. Henne may start but might not produce much, and MIA will likely push him with someone. Cam Newton shouldn't play much in 2011, but he may. Bulger and Tarvaris are rolls of dice with not great odds.

18.08 Jason Hill - actually really like this pick as Hill was > MSW late in the season.

Sigmund Bloom said:
Jeff Pasquino said:
18.08 Jason Hill - actually really like this pick as Hill was > MSW late in the season.
really wanted him and was counting on him falling to this pick...
Glad I got Blair White.... happy to see he made it past you, although Caldwell's not bad either.I don't think Collie will be 100% and Peyton certainly likes White at this point. That should be good for a few TDs this year.Shadowfax had a nice turn with Parrish and Hartline.

Sigmund Bloom said:
Jeff Pasquino said:
Glad I got Blair White.... happy to see he made it past you, although Caldwell's not bad either.I don't think Collie will be 100% and Peyton certainly likes White at this point. That should be good for a few TDs this year.Shadowfax had a nice turn with Parrish and Hartline.
I was targeting Hill also...along with Massaquoi, Burress, Avant, Schilens, Fasano, Harrison. Being on the ends suck as nobody falls to you. I felt compelled to take a Kicker at my 16/17 turn or risk going solo at Kicker. So what happens....only 2 kickers get drafted the next 2 rounds. Oh well. I'm ok with Hartline and Parrish. Hartline should be one of those steady low-mid double digit guys each week...unless Miami can find a way to get BM the ball or run it better. Parrish seemed to really thrive in the slot under Gailey's offense before getting hurt, so hopefully that continues next year. Collie may start the season 100% but may not be after the first game. Dude's gotta learn to not get drilled after every catch. So with that....White should be good for a few scoring weeks but hopefully not many, with me being a Garcon and Clark/Tamme owner here.Who knows what's going to happen in Cincy with 85, Simpson, Shipley, somebody new (rookie/FA) but Caldwell is as good a pick this late at any. Definitely one of those late round picks that can vault you to the top in the late weeks.

Sigmund Bloom said:
Jeff Pasquino said:
Glad I got Blair White.... happy to see he made it past you, although Caldwell's not bad either.I don't think Collie will be 100% and Peyton certainly likes White at this point. That should be good for a few TDs this year.

Shadowfax had a nice turn with Parrish and Hartline.
I was targeting Hill also...along with Massaquoi, Burress, Avant, Schilens, Fasano, Harrison. Being on the ends suck as nobody falls to you. I felt compelled to take a Kicker at my 16/17 turn or risk going solo at Kicker. So what happens....only 2 kickers get drafted the next 2 rounds. Oh well.
I think it's silly to talk about Value falling to you in round 18......

Personally I love the ends... You started off with your choice of #1 RBs and then had arguably the Best QB AND TE "fall to you" at the 2/3 turn. That's VALUE. In previous years, Top TE's don't always fall there. Same goes for Brees.

That's a hell of a start to kick off with Top Stud talent at RB, TE AND QB!

Picking a PK2 when you did was a calculated risk and I bet a few of us who grabbed WR"s you liked there were looking at taking Lindell instead..... I was.

The Yellow line is Unofficial

QB- Vick, Kolb, Bulger

RB- Best, Torain, P Thomas, Tolbert, McKnight

WR- Fitzgerald, Bryant, Collie, Alexander, Schillens, Arrington

TE- Gonzalez, Olsen

PK- Bryant, Carpenter

DEF Chiefs, Texans

My Take:

Quarterbacks:

Michael Vick,evreyone seems to believe I overdrafted him, I don't. I think Vick is 3-5 points per game better than any other QB. His "Bad" games, after teams "learned how to stop hime were still 25+ points.

Kevin Kolb, logical pick. either he is Vick insurance or starting somewhere else.

Mark Bulger, If Kolb stays in Philly Bulger could be in Arizona. I think Bulger is the top UFA QB and as long as the CBA doesn't drag until August he has a shot at a starting spot somewhere.

Overall I think this is a solid group.

Running Backs:

Javid Best, Top 5 potential, if he can stay healthy in the Detroit offense. Should have a ton of catches.

Ryan Torin, has the talent should start the season as RB1 in Washington, Can he stay healthy? Can you trust Rat Shanahan not to flip backs 5 times durring the year.

Pierre Thomas, He should have a major role somewhere. One of the best Screen pass backs in the league.

Mike Tolbert, Yes Ryan Mathews should have a bigger role next year, but I don't think he will be a full blown feature back. This could be a "hot hand" kinda deal, with Tolbet getting the TDs.

Joe McKnight, If LT isn't back (I think its 50/50 at best he is) McKnight could see a major increse in his role.

Overall, Health is the key. This group has great upside, but if I fail to make a deep run, good chance its because of this group.

Wide Receivers:

Larry Fitzgerald, with any improvment in QB play this guy is top 5, had a productive year last year with junk at QB.

Dez Bryant, couldn't beleive he was there at 4.7 was looking at Collie there, but couldn't pass Dez.

Austin Collie, no brainer at 5.10. almost took him in round 4. I know he is one knock in the head from a career on ESPN, but a risk I was willing to take. Collie was WR4 in points per game last year.

Denario Alexander, swing for the fences pick, huge upside. Of coarse the Knee is the issue.

Chaz Shillens, Great news, its mid Febuary and Chaz hasn't hurt his foot yet this year. I still think he is the best receiver on the Raiders roster, reminds me of MSW, hopefully he can stay healthy and breakout.

Adrain Arrington, Love this guy. Reminds me alot of Lance Moore who is a UFA. Runs great routes and has good hands, he has put in his time on the practice squad and is ready to be a rotation player. Should be WR4 for the Saints this year.

Overall: I love this group. Yes, there is some risk, but the upside is off the chain.

Tight Ends:

Tony Gonzalez, Steady and Solid probably my safest pick. I wish I would have drafted Jimmy Graham but I can live with Gonzo.

Gregg Olsen, slightly above average for a second TE should get a couple of 2TD games from him over the season.

Good value on both picks, should be fine with this duo.

Place Kickers:

Matt Bryant, Dan Carpenter, two strong legged warm weather/indoor that should both have jobs next season.

Defense/Special Teams: I got two.

I will do a more detailed analysis later, but here is a quick one.

Weaknesses are WR/K. I gambled on going only with one kicker. That was a plan that I decided on late in the draft, when it looked like the only way that I would be able to grab two decent starters was to go back to back. Would have rather had another receiver/te that could potentially help in scoring.

Thought about Henne at one time, and would have been compelled to pull the trigger on him if he had been there at 19. Deon Butler was another player I thought long and hard about, but passed on him due to reading a report that he might miss most or all of the offseason activities.

My draft:

1.03 Jeff Pasquino - Chris Johnson, Tenn., RB3

2.14 Jeff Pasquino - DeSean Jackson, WR10, Philadelphia

3.03 Jeff Pasquino - Tom Brady, QB6, New England

4.14 Jeff Pasquino - Chris Cooley, TE7, Washington

5.03 Jeff Pasquino- Mike Williams, WR28, Seattle

6.14 Jeff Pasquino- Matthew Stafford, QB19, Oakland

7.03 Jeff Pasquino- Terrell Owens, WR37, ?

8.14 Jeff Pasquino - James Jones, WR46, Green Bay

9.03 Jeff Pasquino - Michael Bush, RB39, Oakland

10.14 Jeff Pasquino - Jared Cook, TE23, Tennessee

11.03 Jeff Pasquino - Pittsburgh Steelers, Def1

12.14 Jeff Pasquino- Philadelphia Eagles, Def10

13.03 Jeff Pasquino - Devin Hester, WR74, CHI

14.14 Jeff Pasquino - Daniel Thomas, RB60, ?

15.03 Jeff Pasquino - Rob Bironas, Tennessee, PK4

16.14 Jeff Pasquino- Jay Feely, Arizona, PK20

17.03 Jeff Pasquino - Devery Henderson, New Orleans, WR79

18.14 Jeff Pasquino - Blair White, Indianapolis, WR92

19.03 Jeff Pasquino - Kendall Hunter, ?, RB71

20.14 Jeff Pasquino - Javon Ringer, Tennessee, RB80
First 5 Picks:

No-brainer to start with a top running back. CJ2K afforded me the luxury of not sweating a RB2 until later in the draft as RB1 will be a foundation. DeSean was chosen knowing that I wanted him as my WR1 due to his big games over a few others available at the end of Round 2.

Brady - getting a stud QB1 is a great idea in these. 16 teams and ?s at QB throughout the league means a stud early is the best plan, IMHO.

Cooley - Underrated TE and a team without a strong WR2, making the TE a big weapon. Cooley had a ton of catches last year but few TDs, a great recipe for a bounce-back 2011.

"Big" Mike Williams, SEA - A little iffy at WR2 I will admit but his surge down the end of the year plus the postseason means that he should have a solid 2011 - at least it would appear. I'd take 800 yards and 7-8 TDs.

Picks 6-11:

Stafford might have felt a tad early, but I wanted assurance that he would be by QB2. I knew he would be iffy to get back to my 7.03 so I just went and took him, hoping a solid WR3 would make it back. Stafford is 100% healthy already and he has the weapons to have a few big games, which should compliment Brady well.TO - strong WR3 if he comes anywhere close to last year's numbers. Older? Yes, but few athletes take care of themselves as good as he does physically. No worries here about his age. Temperament and team? Yes.

James Jones - This pick looked better before Jordy Nelson started to break out in the Super Bowl, but I think his "stretch the field" abilities will still be worth my WR4 spot even if he does see fewer targets than Nelson. 20/20 hindsight I might have flipped that order (taken Nelson). Thought about grabbing Nelson next chance I had but RB2 was a huge need and then TE2 was too tempting.

Michael Bush - Love his nose for the end zone, and even if he returns to Oakland he should get plenty of touches and chances to score again this year. Bush is a free agent (restricted? who knows) that might even be a Michael Turner-like FA for someone.

Jared Cook - Had to take him here, and Shadowfax let me know that I was right not to let him get past me at 10.14. Strong TE2 with lots of targets and catches in December.

Round 11 was a tough one, but even though I like Tim Hightower I felt that grabbing the top defense was the right thing to do, and normally when you think things are about to dry up the defense run starts. Thought I would be the leader here and take the first one but "only" eight more went before my next pick. Expected a bigger run, but still good with the Steelers.

Picks 12-20:

The Eagles made it all the way back to me as my second defense. That's amazing to me. Both PIT and PHI should be the best defensive duo out there, even with all the unknowns. Assuming that they play similar styles or improve for 2011, they were both Top 10 defenses with plenty of TD potential on defense or on special teams. Lots of sacks and turnovers too. Since 2002 they also haven't shared a bye, so I really like this combo.Devin Hester - Great option for a WR5 I think, as he is the classic "go deep" guy for some big plays during a season. In a "set your lineup" league that's a nightmare but in a best ball league that's awesome.

Daniel Thomas - Rookie RB considered a Top 5 pick by several pundits. Don't know a ton about him but going with the Mike Mayock's of the world at this point of the year. Really wanted Ryan Williams as my rookie RB for this draft but he went much earlier than I expected.

Bironas and Feely - Steady kickers for teams that can struggle at times to score, but veteran guys who will play in good weather far more often than not and (using history) for two teams that have never shared a bye week. Not sure why that would be, but I'll take the chance that it happens again. The other "bonus" is that if CJ2K doesn't score I might get a 3-pointer instead.

Devery Henderson - Part Chris Cooley, part Devin Hester upside. Stretches the field, goes deep, plus had a good number of catches last year (34) but only one TD. Hoping that moves back to the 3-5 score range as Brees has a great schedule (again using projected 2011 opponents).

Blair White - Hard to argue with a TD favorite for Peyton Manning last year. White may have been a UDFA but if either Garcon or Collie struggle (and who knows if Collie can recover and stay healthy) then this might be a steal here. Even if he only sees the field in 4-wide sets he might get a few scores for me, all I would want out of a WR7.

Kendall Hunter - Again, with CJ2K as your RB1, you're just hoping to get some love at RB2 if at all possible. Hunter was better in 2009 than 2010 (like Ryan Williams) and he has more of a feature RB build / frame to him, but let's see who drafts him and when. I would have taken Demarco Murray here for his reception skills (PPR bonus) but he didn't make it to me.

Javon Ringer - When CJ2K is your biggest investment, getting cheap insurance with your final pick is the biggest no-brainer of them all. RB5 would have to be amazingly good to count for me, and that would only likely happen here if the unthinkable happens to Chris Johnson. Hopefully I'm covered.

Positional breakdown:

Quarterbacks:

Tom Brady and dirt might be enough as long as Brady is healthy, but Stafford I really like as a QB2. Above average pair I believe and a strength of this team.

Running Backs:

Biggest weakness of this team. Ringer was a great (and necessary) insurance pick for a CJ2K injury. If Bush plays close to how he did last year and/or one of the two rookies gets good touches I should be just fine as long as Tennessee's bye week doesn't crush me.

Wide Receivers:

DeSean, BMW and TO make up the core. Solid WR1, below average WR2 but above average WR3. WR4-7 all have big game potential and some scoring weeks in them.

Tight Ends:

Strong catch totals and I would say that they will combine for 120+ receptions easily for 2011 (They had over 100 last year combined). Hopefully many of those will be for TDs.

Kickers:

Solid pair (and some teams can't say that) and should face no threats for their jobs. Good PK1/RB1 pairing.

Defenses/Special Teams:

Might be the best defensive combo in WSL2. That may sound like a minimal thing, but DEF points can be a big difference.

Conclusion:

Overall I'm happy with the outcome. You just can't be strong everywhere, so with a stud RB1 it is RB2/depth at RB that is the most telling weakness. If one rookie gets significant work this is a strong team.

Second weakness would be at WR, but I think with 7 capable veterans who all have either a good track record or upside for 2011 you have to like the group overall to be at worst a "middle of the road" WR corps. Haven't gone through every team but I'd be willing to say it is the 7th-9th best group or so, which works fine for me as long as they don't all take the same week off from the end zone.

QB- Vick, Kolb, Bulger

TE- Gonzalez, Olsen

PK- Bryant, Carpenter

DEF Chiefs, Texans

My Take:

Quarterbacks:

Michael Vick,evreyone seems to believe I overdrafted him, I don't. I think Vick is 3-5 points per game better than any other QB. His "Bad" games, after teams "learned how to stop hime were still 25+ points.

Kevin Kolb, logical pick. either he is Vick insurance or starting somewhere else.

Mark Bulger, If Kolb stays in Philly Bulger could be in Arizona. I think Bulger is the top UFA QB and as long as the CBA doesn't drag until August he has a shot at a starting spot somewhere.

Running Backs:

Javid Best, Top 5 potential, if he can stay healthy in the Detroit offense. Should have a ton of catches.

Ryan Torin, has the talent should start the season as RB1 in Washington, Can he stay healthy? Can you trust Rat Shanahan not to flip backs 5 times durring the year.

Pierre Thomas, He should have a major role somewhere. One of the best Screen pass backs in the league.

Mike Tolbert, Yes Ryan Mathews should have a bigger role next year, but I don't think he will be a full blown feature back. This could be a "hot hand" kinda deal, with Tolbet getting the TDs.

Joe McKnight, If LT isn't back (I think its 50/50 at best he is) McKnight could see a major increse in his role.

Overall, Health is the key. This group has great upside, but if I fail to make a deep run, good chance its because of this group.

Wide Receivers:

Larry Fitzgerald, with any improvment in QB play this guy is top 5, had a productive year last year with junk at QB.

Dez Bryant, couldn't beleive he was there at 4.7 was looking at Collie there, but couldn't pass Dez.

Austin Collie, no brainer at 5.10. almost took him in round 4. I know he is one knock in the head from a career on ESPN, but a risk I was willing to take. Collie was WR4 in points per game last year.

Denario Alexander, swing for the fences pick, huge upside. Of coarse the Knee is the issue.

Chaz Shillens, Great news, its mid Febuary and Chaz hasn't hurt his foot yet this year. I still think he is the best receiver on the Raiders roster, reminds me of MSW, hopefully he can stay healthy and breakout.

Adrain Arrington, Love this guy. Reminds me alot of Lance Moore who is a UFA. Runs great routes and has good hands, he has put in his time on the practice squad and is ready to be a rotation player. Should be WR4 for the Saints this year.

Overall: I love this group. Yes, there is some risk, but the upside is off the chain.

Tight Ends:

Tony Gonzalez, Steady and Solid probably my safest pick. I wish I would have drafted Jimmy Graham but I can live with Gonzo.

Gregg Olsen, slightly above average for a second TE should get a couple of 2TD games from him over the season.

Place Kickers:

Matt Bryant, Dan Carpenter, two strong legged warm weather/indoor that should both have jobs next season.

Reasonable write-up, but there's quite a lot of downside risk here too. Vick just doesn't start 16 games, and he did trail off. Kolb's a strong pick for good reasons you state at QB2, but risk is there.Lots of risk at RB. I don't see a ton of stability at RB.

I mentioned Collie's risk here, and after that pick I don't see much at WR3. Lots of swings for the fences but if all 4 miss then it'll be rough. One more stable WR would really have helped, especially considering Collie and 3 bye weeks for WRs 1-3.

TE is solid.

PK - probably fine but I mentioned Bryant's a FA.

An OK draft but I think the numerous risky picks will catch up with you.

QB- Vick, Kolb, Bulger

TE- Gonzalez, Olsen

PK- Bryant, Carpenter

DEF Chiefs, Texans

My Take:

Quarterbacks:

Running Backs:

Wide Receivers:

Tight Ends:

Place Kickers:

Like what you did at QB a lot once the dust settledRB should be fine, I like Tolbert better than Torain and maybe better than Thomas, between the 3 you got your RB2. Maybe can't afford another injury-hampered year from Best though

Strong top 3 at WR, but you are vulnerable here with tons of medical concerns for your WR3-5.

TE is adequate, and you didn't overpay for that.

With good health from Vick, Best, and Collie and a resurgence from Thomas, this team can go deep, but probably can't afford any bad breaks.

My draft:

First 5 Picks:

No-brainer to start with a top running back. CJ2K afforded me the luxury of not sweating a RB2 until later in the draft as RB1 will be a foundation. DeSean was chosen knowing that I wanted him as my WR1 due to his big games over a few others available at the end of Round 2.

Brady - getting a stud QB1 is a great idea in these. 16 teams and ?s at QB throughout the league means a stud early is the best plan, IMHO.

Cooley - Underrated TE and a team without a strong WR2, making the TE a big weapon. Cooley had a ton of catches last year but few TDs, a great recipe for a bounce-back 2011.

"Big" Mike Williams, SEA - A little iffy at WR2 I will admit but his surge down the end of the year plus the postseason means that he should have a solid 2011 - at least it would appear. I'd take 800 yards and 7-8 TDs.

Picks 6-11:

Stafford might have felt a tad early, but I wanted assurance that he would be by QB2. I knew he would be iffy to get back to my 7.03 so I just went and took him, hoping a solid WR3 would make it back. Stafford is 100% healthy already and he has the weapons to have a few big games, which should compliment Brady well.TO - strong WR3 if he comes anywhere close to last year's numbers. Older? Yes, but few athletes take care of themselves as good as he does physically. No worries here about his age. Temperament and team? Yes.

James Jones - This pick looked better before Jordy Nelson started to break out in the Super Bowl, but I think his "stretch the field" abilities will still be worth my WR4 spot even if he does see fewer targets than Nelson. 20/20 hindsight I might have flipped that order (taken Nelson). Thought about grabbing Nelson next chance I had but RB2 was a huge need and then TE2 was too tempting.

Michael Bush - Love his nose for the end zone, and even if he returns to Oakland he should get plenty of touches and chances to score again this year. Bush is a free agent (restricted? who knows) that might even be a Michael Turner-like FA for someone.

Jared Cook - Had to take him here, and Shadowfax let me know that I was right not to let him get past me at 10.14. Strong TE2 with lots of targets and catches in December.

Round 11 was a tough one, but even though I like Tim Hightower I felt that grabbing the top defense was the right thing to do, and normally when you think things are about to dry up the defense run starts. Thought I would be the leader here and take the first one but "only" eight more went before my next pick. Expected a bigger run, but still good with the Steelers.

Picks 12-20:

The Eagles made it all the way back to me as my second defense. That's amazing to me. Both PIT and PHI should be the best defensive duo out there, even with all the unknowns. Assuming that they play similar styles or improve for 2011, they were both Top 10 defenses with plenty of TD potential on defense or on special teams. Lots of sacks and turnovers too. Since 2002 they also haven't shared a bye, so I really like this combo.Devin Hester - Great option for a WR5 I think, as he is the classic "go deep" guy for some big plays during a season. In a "set your lineup" league that's a nightmare but in a best ball league that's awesome.

Daniel Thomas - Rookie RB considered a Top 5 pick by several pundits. Don't know a ton about him but going with the Mike Mayock's of the world at this point of the year. Really wanted Ryan Williams as my rookie RB for this draft but he went much earlier than I expected.

Bironas and Feely - Steady kickers for teams that can struggle at times to score, but veteran guys who will play in good weather far more often than not and (using history) for two teams that have never shared a bye week. Not sure why that would be, but I'll take the chance that it happens again. The other "bonus" is that if CJ2K doesn't score I might get a 3-pointer instead.

Devery Henderson - Part Chris Cooley, part Devin Hester upside. Stretches the field, goes deep, plus had a good number of catches last year (34) but only one TD. Hoping that moves back to the 3-5 score range as Brees has a great schedule (again using projected 2011 opponents).

Blair White - Hard to argue with a TD favorite for Peyton Manning last year. White may have been a UDFA but if either Garcon or Collie struggle (and who knows if Collie can recover and stay healthy) then this might be a steal here. Even if he only sees the field in 4-wide sets he might get a few scores for me, all I would want out of a WR7.

Kendall Hunter - Again, with CJ2K as your RB1, you're just hoping to get some love at RB2 if at all possible. Hunter was better in 2009 than 2010 (like Ryan Williams) and he has more of a feature RB build / frame to him, but let's see who drafts him and when. I would have taken Demarco Murray here for his reception skills (PPR bonus) but he didn't make it to me.

Javon Ringer - When CJ2K is your biggest investment, getting cheap insurance with your final pick is the biggest no-brainer of them all. RB5 would have to be amazingly good to count for me, and that would only likely happen here if the unthinkable happens to Chris Johnson. Hopefully I'm covered.

Positional breakdown:

Quarterbacks:

Tom Brady and dirt might be enough as long as Brady is healthy, but Stafford I really like as a QB2. Above average pair I believe and a strength of this team.

Running Backs:

Biggest weakness of this team. Ringer was a great (and necessary) insurance pick for a CJ2K injury. If Bush plays close to how he did last year and/or one of the two rookies gets good touches I should be just fine as long as Tennessee's bye week doesn't crush me.

Wide Receivers:

DeSean, BMW and TO make up the core. Solid WR1, below average WR2 but above average WR3. WR4-7 all have big game potential and some scoring weeks in them.

Tight Ends:

Strong catch totals and I would say that they will combine for 120+ receptions easily for 2011 (They had over 100 last year combined). Hopefully many of those will be for TDs.

Kickers:

Solid pair (and some teams can't say that) and should face no threats for their jobs. Good PK1/RB1 pairing.

Defenses/Special Teams:

Might be the best defensive combo in WSL2. That may sound like a minimal thing, but DEF points can be a big difference.

Conclusion:

Overall I'm happy with the outcome. You just can't be strong everywhere, so with a stud RB1 it is RB2/depth at RB that is the most telling weakness. If one rookie gets significant work this is a strong team.

Second weakness would be at WR, but I think with 7 capable veterans who all have either a good track record or upside for 2011 you have to like the group overall to be at worst a "middle of the road" WR corps. Haven't gone through every team but I'd be willing to say it is the 7th-9th best group or so, which works fine for me as long as they don't all take the same week off from the end zone.
Stafford was overkill and very thin at RB, but if a rook RB hits and Owens/Jones both find starting jobs, projects pretty strong.

Stafford was overkill and very thin at RB, but if a rook RB hits and Owens/Jones both find starting jobs, projects pretty strong.
Wow my self-eval takes up a ton of room.No question on the RBs. Here's my comment on the Stafford = overkill assessment. Even by taking Brady, I didn't want crapola at QB2. I don't think that's a good idea.So I basically knew that if I didn't take a QB2 at the 6/7 turn I was going to be stuck. WSL1's draft hinted at a big run in the 7-8 rounds and it would not have surprised me at all.Let's say I didn't take Stafford at the 6/7 turn - none of the RBs in the area really excited me much (and you snagged Addai one spot ahead of me, which would have made my team look much stronger).Bottom line is that I was correct that very little was left after Stafford went. The QBs that went after him before my next pick were Tebow (passed on him, but did consider him), Fitzpatrick, McCoy, Campbell, Gabbert and Carson Palmer. Not a true QB2 run but certainly value going away.After that only McNabb, Kolb, Hasselbeck, VY and Orton went before darts were thrown in Rounds 17+.Just saying that if I commit to a quality QB2 that the 6/7 turn was the correct spot for it. QBs get injured too easily and sometimes they'll have an off week at the worst time. I'll give you that I could have done something else, but I didn't like the rest of the value at 6/7 aside from WR3 and QB2 anyway. Reggie Bush barely registered in FF last year.

2.13 Sigmund Bloom - Peyton Manning, QB4, Indianapolis

20.13 Sigmund Bloom - Alex Smith, San Francisco, QB34

Love getting Peyton in these leagues, you can set your watch by his production. I kind of puked in my mouth when I took Smith, feels like he'll get a chance with him buddying up to Harbaugh. I had a good mind to take Josh Johnson on the theory that he gets traded a la the very nice pick of Flynn (who I was ready to take at my next pick). Im willing to chance the zero in Peyton's bye week, he's never missed a game and he was money again this year even with two of his best weapons out for most of the second half of the year, so I just don't feel the need to overinvest at backup QB.

1.04 Sigmund Bloom - Adrian Peterson, RB4, Min

8.13 Sigmund Bloom - Joseph Addai, RB38, Indianapolis

9.04 Sigmund Bloom - Mikel LaShoure, RB40, ?

12.13 Sigmund Bloom - Bernard Scott, RB51, Cincinnati

13.04 Sigmund Bloom - Jason Snelling, RB52, Atlanta/FA

Sure some of the guys after Peterson offer more explosive PPR upside, but he's ADRIAN PETERSON, the best RB of his era. Don't care about the QB woes. Dude is going to pop off for a 2K season before his prime is over. I'll take my chances with him at #4 anytime. Addai I really don't like, but I do expect him to start in Indy next year, just makes too much sense for both sides to stay together. If Addai does walk, he should still be at least a lead back in RBBC, if an injury-prone one. LeShoure was a big hack for the fences, kid looks like a specimen and could land somewhere good... at worst be a high upside back-up/change of pace. Scott I really like - just one of those backs who impresses when he gets a lot of touches. Even if Benson returns I think we see more of Scott. Snelling is underrated especially in PPR. I expect 40+ catches 4-5 TD and 500+ total yards with Turner injury or bigger role on new team upside. I'm fine with this group, some upside, some safe plays.

4.13 Sigmund Bloom - Sidney Rice, WR25, Minnesota

5.04 Sigmund Bloom- Steve Smith, WR29, NYG/FA

6.13 Sigmund Bloom- Steve Smith, WR36, Carolina

10.13 Sigmund Bloom - Robert Meachem, WR58, New Orleans

11.04 Sigmund Bloom - Donnie Avery, WR61, St. Louis Rams

18.13 Sigmund Bloom - Andre Caldwell, Cincinnati, WR91

19.04 Sigmund Bloom - Darrius Heyward-Bey, Oakland, WR95

Lots of risk here and no anchor. Rice should contribute 4-6 top 10 weeks no matter who plays QB, but might be bleak other weeks. Steve Smith Giants is a legit #1 in this format, but microfracture will keep him out through June. Steve Smith Panthers has no QB and might just be a WR3 firewall if Panthers QB play stays in the gutter. I do like Meachem in this format in the 10th, like Rice will produce top 10 weeks on his peaks. I think Avery is being totally overlooked in St. Louis, significant upside with Bradford, risk too, but lots of potential for an 11th rounder. Caldwell I actually think is a better prospect than Simpson, glad to nab him. DHB pure flier, but he has deep speed and Oakland seems like they'll keep giving him shots, so i'll take him in the 19th. Definitely some risk, but I think there is upside to mitigate it and I expect this group to work out, and maybe end up as a strength.

3.04 Sigmund Bloom - Jermichael Finley, TE4, Green Bay

7.04 Sigmund Bloom - Jimmy Graham, TE14, New Orleans

Finley could (should?) take his place atop the fantasy TEs next year. I don't see how he is any lower than the top 3 if he's healthy. I was pleased to get him in the 3rd in a souped-up TE scoring league. Graham was a luxury pick, but Finley did miss most of last year, and no WR or RB stood out to me at 7.4. I think Graham should be good for 4-6 monster weeks even if he doesn't take much of step forward, but the ceiling much much more than that. Basically the theory here is to try to lock down top 3 scoring at TE -15 as a floor with some weeks in the 30s. A great scoring base to patch over byes and any misfortune.

16.13 Sigmund Bloom- Olindo Mare, Seattle, PK19

17.04 Sigmund Bloom - Phil Dawson, Cleveland, PK25

I went with two kickers instead of my usual one just because I felt fine with 5 RBs and 7 WRs, but missing out on Jason Hill could make me regret it.

14.13 Sigmund Bloom- Buffalo Bills, Def26

15.04 Sigmund Bloom - Carolina Panthers, Def28

Any two defenses are fine by me. I liked the RB talent too much to take a top 15 squad at the 12-13 turn.

Wow my self-eval takes up a ton of room.No question on the RBs. Here's my comment on the Stafford = overkill assessment. Even by taking Brady, I didn't want crapola at QB2. I don't think that's a good idea.So I basically knew that if I didn't take a QB2 at the 6/7 turn I was going to be stuck. WSL1's draft hinted at a big run in the 7-8 rounds and it would not have surprised me at all.Let's say I didn't take Stafford at the 6/7 turn - none of the RBs in the area really excited me much (and you snagged Addai one spot ahead of me, which would have made my team look much stronger).Bottom line is that I was correct that very little was left after Stafford went. The QBs that went after him before my next pick were Tebow (passed on him, but did consider him), Fitzpatrick, McCoy, Campbell, Gabbert and Carson Palmer. Not a true QB2 run but certainly value going away.After that only McNabb, Kolb, Hasselbeck, VY and Orton went before darts were thrown in Rounds 17+.Just saying that if I commit to a quality QB2 that the 6/7 turn was the correct spot for it. QBs get injured too easily and sometimes they'll have an off week at the worst time. I'll give you that I could have done something else, but I didn't like the rest of the value at 6/7 aside from WR3 and QB2 anyway. Reggie Bush barely registered in FF last year.
I totally get that was also kind of disgusted at the WR/RB available around the 6/7 turn, I just under-emphasize backup QB when I get a stud in the first three round. I went a different direction with Graham, but we were on the same page. If my #1 was not ironman Peyton, I might have also looked QB at 7.4

Bloom:

Love what you did at running back. Like you said, Peterson is a stud, and with the rest of your backs you will get decent RB2 production each week. I think that Addai stays in Indy as Indy needs him back really bad (pass protection). WR are weak with no anchor, but you should get enough production to survive each week. Avery is being overlooked after missing all of last year, if he is fully healthy that will be a steal at 11.

Jeff:

Ringer was a necessity, surprised that he lasted until the very end. Underrated back in my opinion. I do worry about RB2 production, but with Johnson and Brady at QB you will do fine with minimal production from the other 3 backs. I would not worry about James Jones. Last year he was a target of mine in drafts because I thought that Driver was going to lose his effectiveness (has to happen one year, right). I have felt that Jones steps into Driver's spot and takes over, when that day happens. The talent is there, just needs the opportunity. Cooley was another good pick. In my opinion, receivers with high reception totals and low TDs are good candidates for a bounce back years if they have the track record of production (see Greg Jennings the last two years for an example). Cooley has the track record and my only knock on him is what will he have at QB.

2.10 Jeter23 - Aaron Rodgers, QB2, Green Bay

10.10 Jeter23 - Vince Young, QB29, Tennessee

17.07 Jeter23 - Matt Flynn, QB31

Having Rodgers really helps, especially since I felt forced to take VY. That was easily the pick I hated the most. I knew from the beginning I would take Flynn and might have reached, but in the 17th, I am okay with that. He gives me either a handcuff to AR or a QB2 with upside if he is dealt.

1.07 Jeter23 - LeSean McCoy, RB7, Philadelphia

5.07 Jeter23 - LeGarrette Blount, RB23, Tampa Bay

11.07 Jeter23 - Tim Hightower, RB49, Arizona

18.10 Jeter23 - John Kuhn, Green Bay, RB68

I was happy with Shady in the 1st, but it is ugly from there. I liked the value of Blount in the 5th, but he is no sure thing. This is easily my weakest spot.

3.07 Jeter23 - Brandon Marshall, WR14, Miami

4.10 Jeter23 - Percy Harvin, WR22, Minnesota

6.10 Jeter23 - Chad Johnson, WR35, Cincinnati

8.10 Jeter23 - Hines Ward, WR44, Pittsburgh

14.10 Jeter23 - Jabar Gaffney, WR75, Denver

19.07 Jeter23 - Brandon LaFell, Carolina, WR97

20.10 Jeter23 - Jonathan Baldwin, ?, WR107

A strength for my team with plenty of vets that normally stay healthy. Wish I had taken Roberts over LaFell late.

7.07 Jeter23 - Aaron Hernandez, TE16, New England

9.07 Jeter23 - Jermaine Gresham, TE18, Cincinnati

Looking back, I wish I had Olsen/Kolb instead of Gresham/VY. I like Hernandez to show more consistency in that offense.

15.07 Jeter23 - Adam Vinatieri, Indianapolis, PK6

16.10 Jeter23- Lawrence Tynes, NY Giants, PK17

12.10 Jeter23- Dallas Cowboys, Def9

13.07 Jeter23- Atlanta Falcons, Def14

2.10 Jeter23 - Aaron Rodgers, QB2, Green Bay 10.10 Jeter23 - Vince Young, QB29, Tennessee17.07 Jeter23 - Matt Flynn, QB31Having Rodgers really helps, especially since I felt forced to take VY. That was easily the pick I hated the most. I knew from the beginning I would take Flynn and might have reached, but in the 17th, I am okay with that. He gives me either a handcuff to AR or a QB2 with upside if he is dealt.1.07 Jeter23 - LeSean McCoy, RB7, Philadelphia 5.07 Jeter23 - LeGarrette Blount, RB23, Tampa Bay 11.07 Jeter23 - Tim Hightower, RB49, Arizona18.10 Jeter23 - John Kuhn, Green Bay, RB68I was happy with Shady in the 1st, but it is ugly from there. I liked the value of Blount in the 5th, but he is no sure thing. This is easily my weakest spot. 3.07 Jeter23 - Brandon Marshall, WR14, Miami 4.10 Jeter23 - Percy Harvin, WR22, Minnesota 6.10 Jeter23 - Chad Johnson, WR35, Cincinnati 8.10 Jeter23 - Hines Ward, WR44, Pittsburgh 14.10 Jeter23 - Jabar Gaffney, WR75, Denver 19.07 Jeter23 - Brandon LaFell, Carolina, WR9720.10 Jeter23 - Jonathan Baldwin, ?, WR107A strength for my team with plenty of vets that normally stay healthy. Wish I had taken Roberts over LaFell late.7.07 Jeter23 - Aaron Hernandez, TE16, New England 9.07 Jeter23 - Jermaine Gresham, TE18, CincinnatiLooking back, I wish I had Olsen/Kolb instead of Gresham/VY. I like Hernandez to show more consistency in that offense.15.07 Jeter23 - Adam Vinatieri, Indianapolis, PK616.10 Jeter23- Lawrence Tynes, NY Giants, PK1712.10 Jeter23- Dallas Cowboys, Def913.07 Jeter23- Atlanta Falcons, Def14
VY might have been a wasted pick because you have flynn, who hedges AR injury or gives you a 2nd starter. loved the flynn pick, worth more than a 17th.McCoy and Blount might be ok, but you can't afford injury or double dud, or dud by one when the other is on bye. lots of good RBs in the 10th that would have helped here more than VYstrong WR assuming 85 and Ward still start. LaFell was sneaky good pick, would have taken him late, but didnt want two CAR WRs. Would have preferred Decker to Gaffney to be honest. I think Baldwin was a wasted pick and another RB would have been more useful.Hernandez was a steal and by getting Gresham in the 9th (another steal), you should be in the top half of TE scoring without having to spend a premium pick to get there. nice work taking advantage of the neglected depth at TE. Both of those guys should have been 6th if not 5th roundersRB depth could sink you, but TE/WR depth + premium QB might keep you afloat through rough seas...

Last edited by a moderator:
4.04 John Doe - Eli Manning, QB7, NY Jets

7.13 John Doe - Colt McCoy, QB22, Cleveland

I thought for a while about getting one of the top QBs (Rodgers, Brees, Manning, etc.) but decided instead to wait a little and grab one from the next tier and get ahead of the impending run. The gamble paid off when I took Manning as QB7. He will be serviceable, but does not usually put up totally dud weeks. McCoy was a flier pick. Wanted a QB2 who has a good chance to be a starter this year, and would be a cheap pickup. With a new coach in Cleveland McCoy will have to learn a new offense, but he could proved to be a serviceable backup if he starts this year. In retrospect, probably reached a little for him, but I do like the upside. Best case is he picks up the offense quickly, Eli has a late BYE, and the Cleveland matchup is good during that week. Worse case is that Eli gets hurt and Cleveland’s passing attack sucks. Thought about getting a third QB (Henne), but the one I wanted was drafted while I was getting extra receivers/tight ends.

2.04 John Doe - Michael Turner, RB12, Atlanta

3.13 John Doe - Ahmad Bradshaw, RB18, NY Giants

10.04 John Doe- Donald Brown, RB44, Indianapolis

13.13 John Doe- Cadillac Williams, RB57, Tampa Bay

20.04 John Doe - Isaac Redman, Pittsburgh, RB79

I like my combo of Bradshaw and Turner as they both will see a lot of touches in their respective offenses. The main downsides are RBBC in New York and lack of catches for Turner. Brown was a gamble pick as Addai is a potential free agent this year. Don’t think the Colts will let Addai go, as Brown always seemed to have trouble picking up the pass protection schemes. Brown has also been rumored to be taking over for Addai since he came into the league and has yet to do that, so I don’t view him (Brown) as anything more than a complementary back. Cadillac’s best days are behind him as he is no longer a top running back. He did do well as the third down back in Tampa last year. Best case for him is to stay in Tampa and become their third down back and give Blount and occasional rest. Redman is a total flyer of a pick. His value is tied to Mendenhall, and will only see significant time in the event of injury.

1.13 John Doe - Reggie Wayne, WR4, Indy

5.13 John Doe- Johnny Knox, WR32, Chicago

9.13 John Doe- Jordan Shipley, WR53, Cincinnati

11.13 John Doe- Brian Robiskie, WR67, Cleveland

16.04 John Doe - Louis Murphy, WR78, Oakland

17.13 John Doe- David Gettis, Carolina, WR85

19.13 John Doe - Devin Aromashudu, Chicago, WR99

Went with Wayne in the first round based on his role in the Colt offense. While I don’t expect a repeat of last years 111/1355/6, I do expect the yards to stay similar and the TDs to increase by a couple, with a slight drop in receptions. The rest of my receivers are a gaggle that was used to put together a WR2/3BC. Chicago spreads the ball around, so Knox will have a high variance in his point totals from week to week. Shipley will benefit if Cincy does not bring Johnson and/or Owens back. I have liked Robiskie since his college days, and I believe he is a good route runner (going by memory, so don’t take this as gospel). Gettis did ok as a rookie last year and is on a potentially horrible passing offense in Carolina. Assuming Steve Smith comes back, someone will have to start opposite him and pick up the slack. It comes down to either him or LaFell, and both were rookies last year, so it is a crap shoot there. I really like Murphy, if he can stay healthy. Aromashudu is another total flyer as he is in the mix in Chicago. Don’t expect much, but could surprise and score some weeks.

6.04 John Doe- Marcedes Lewis, TE10, Jacksonville

8.04 John Doe - Tony Moeaki, TE17, Kansas City

18.04 John Doe- Anthony Fasano, TE29, Miami

Not a flashy group, but will put up solid production from week to week. Lewis is a known quantity. I like Moeaki to have numbers similar to last year. In a quick glance at the other leagues it seems that I may have reached a little for him. Fasano is a solid veteran, but has to compete for targets with Marshall and Bess. If Miami sticks to a ball control offense, Fasano could prove to be a good value pick.

15.13 John Doe - Neal Rackers, Houston, PK9

Strong leg in a high scoring offense. Rolling the dice with one kicker. Will see how the gamble works. Did not see a second one that I really liked toward the end of the draft or else I would have taken a second one. Thought about Jeff Reed or Rackers.

12.04 John Doe- New England Patriots, Def7

14.04 John Doe- St. Louis Rams, Def20

I have 2.

I went with an approach to build a team that does not look spectacular, but will be solid without any huge weaknesses. Probably the weakest positions are kicker and receiver, but hope that depth at the receiver position will give me a good WR2/3 each week.

4.04 John Doe - Eli Manning, QB7, NY Jets

7.13 John Doe - Colt McCoy, QB22, Cleveland

I thought for a while about getting one of the top QBs (Rodgers, Brees, Manning, etc.) but decided instead to wait a little and grab one from the next tier and get ahead of the impending run. The gamble paid off when I took Manning as QB7. He will be serviceable, but does not usually put up totally dud weeks. McCoy was a flier pick. Wanted a QB2 who has a good chance to be a starter this year, and would be a cheap pickup. With a new coach in Cleveland McCoy will have to learn a new offense, but he could proved to be a serviceable backup if he starts this year. In retrospect, probably reached a little for him, but I do like the upside. Best case is he picks up the offense quickly, Eli has a late BYE, and the Cleveland matchup is good during that week. Worse case is that Eli gets hurt and Cleveland’s passing attack sucks. Thought about getting a third QB (Henne), but the one I wanted was drafted while I was getting extra receivers/tight ends.

2.04 John Doe - Michael Turner, RB12, Atlanta

3.13 John Doe - Ahmad Bradshaw, RB18, NY Giants

10.04 John Doe- Donald Brown, RB44, Indianapolis

13.13 John Doe- Cadillac Williams, RB57, Tampa Bay

20.04 John Doe - Isaac Redman, Pittsburgh, RB79

I like my combo of Bradshaw and Turner as they both will see a lot of touches in their respective offenses. The main downsides are RBBC in New York and lack of catches for Turner. Brown was a gamble pick as Addai is a potential free agent this year. Don’t think the Colts will let Addai go, as Brown always seemed to have trouble picking up the pass protection schemes. Brown has also been rumored to be taking over for Addai since he came into the league and has yet to do that, so I don’t view him (Brown) as anything more than a complementary back. Cadillac’s best days are behind him as he is no longer a top running back. He did do well as the third down back in Tampa last year. Best case for him is to stay in Tampa and become their third down back and give Blount and occasional rest. Redman is a total flyer of a pick. His value is tied to Mendenhall, and will only see significant time in the event of injury.

1.13 John Doe - Reggie Wayne, WR4, Indy

5.13 John Doe- Johnny Knox, WR32, Chicago

9.13 John Doe- Jordan Shipley, WR53, Cincinnati

11.13 John Doe- Brian Robiskie, WR67, Cleveland

16.04 John Doe - Louis Murphy, WR78, Oakland

17.13 John Doe- David Gettis, Carolina, WR85

19.13 John Doe - Devin Aromashudu, Chicago, WR99

Went with Wayne in the first round based on his role in the Colt offense. While I don’t expect a repeat of last years 111/1355/6, I do expect the yards to stay similar and the TDs to increase by a couple, with a slight drop in receptions. The rest of my receivers are a gaggle that was used to put together a WR2/3BC. Chicago spreads the ball around, so Knox will have a high variance in his point totals from week to week. Shipley will benefit if Cincy does not bring Johnson and/or Owens back. I have liked Robiskie since his college days, and I believe he is a good route runner (going by memory, so don’t take this as gospel). Gettis did ok as a rookie last year and is on a potentially horrible passing offense in Carolina. Assuming Steve Smith comes back, someone will have to start opposite him and pick up the slack. It comes down to either him or LaFell, and both were rookies last year, so it is a crap shoot there. I really like Murphy, if he can stay healthy. Aromashudu is another total flyer as he is in the mix in Chicago. Don’t expect much, but could surprise and score some weeks.

6.04 John Doe- Marcedes Lewis, TE10, Jacksonville

8.04 John Doe - Tony Moeaki, TE17, Kansas City

18.04 John Doe- Anthony Fasano, TE29, Miami

Not a flashy group, but will put up solid production from week to week. Lewis is a known quantity. I like Moeaki to have numbers similar to last year. In a quick glance at the other leagues it seems that I may have reached a little for him. Fasano is a solid veteran, but has to compete for targets with Marshall and Bess. If Miami sticks to a ball control offense, Fasano could prove to be a good value pick.

15.13 John Doe - Neal Rackers, Houston, PK9

Strong leg in a high scoring offense. Rolling the dice with one kicker. Will see how the gamble works. Did not see a second one that I really liked toward the end of the draft or else I would have taken a second one. Thought about Jeff Reed or Rackers.

12.04 John Doe- New England Patriots, Def7

14.04 John Doe- St. Louis Rams, Def20

I have 2.

I went with an approach to build a team that does not look spectacular, but will be solid without any huge weaknesses. Probably the weakest positions are kicker and receiver, but hope that depth at the receiver position will give me a good WR2/3 each week.
I think Eli over Romo/Ben could come back to haunt you. McCoy in the 7th feels a little pricey, but all of top backup QBs were overpriced imoTurner and Bradshaw will be a terrific 1/2 punch, and they should for a 2nd/3rd. Brown is a decent upside play, but the end of his season was ominous. Caddy should be a nice firewall, and Redman is underrated. Would have liked to see Snelling instead of Robiskie or NE D though.

You might get by with those WRs, but only Shipley and maybe Murphy have a chance to greatly outproduce their draft slot. Would have liked to see one more solid producer here.

I like Lewis where you got him, should have lots of top 5-8 TE weeks, and getting a strong #2 to smooth out the down weeks was a good idea. Fasano was unnecessary, should have been a WR pick.

This team could hang around for a while, but Im not seeing the potential punch to last into December.

Glad I got Blair White.... happy to see he made it past you, although Caldwell's not bad either.I don't think Collie will be 100% and Peyton certainly likes White at this point. That should be good for a few TDs this year.

Shadowfax had a nice turn with Parrish and Hartline.
I was targeting Hill also...along with Massaquoi, Burress, Avant, Schilens, Fasano, Harrison. Being on the ends suck as nobody falls to you. I felt compelled to take a Kicker at my 16/17 turn or risk going solo at Kicker. So what happens....only 2 kickers get drafted the next 2 rounds. Oh well.
I think it's silly to talk about Value falling to you in round 18......

Personally I love the ends... You started off with your choice of #1 RBs and then had arguably the Best QB AND TE "fall to you" at the 2/3 turn. That's VALUE. In previous years, Top TE's don't always fall there. Same goes for Brees.

That's a hell of a start to kick off with Top Stud talent at RB, TE AND QB!

Picking a PK2 when you did was a calculated risk and I bet a few of us who grabbed WR"s you liked there were looking at taking Lindell instead..... I was.
Who's talking about value? I had a list of 5-10 people I was targeting and they were all drafted when it got back to me. That's the fact on the ends...people just don't make it 30 picks back to you. It's one of the main reasons I'd rather not be on the ends. Many times you're either trying to start a run or can be forced into a specific position.I'm not sure one can say Brees and Clark "fell" to me. With Vick, Rodgers and Rivers, the top 3 QBs have become the top 6 and Romo isn't fall behind if he is at all. So the chances of one of those 6 being available was pretty good IMO. The TE position is getting deeper every year and with Gates, Finley and Clark all coming off injury, they may have lasted a bit longer this year as there are other good top TE options in Witten and Davis...as well as very good later options in Pettigrew, Miller, Cooley, etc. And if for some reason all those QBs and TEs were gone, then I'd have the option of 2 "top" WRs. So the deeper positions are allowing everyone to get some pretty damn good players with their first 3 picks.

2010 WSL 2 Recap

Out in Week 7---10th place. Finished with the 6th most overall points.

Hits: Orton (through Week 12), Collie (early), Avant, Gonzolez/Heap TE combo

Misses: Stafford, Chester Taylor, Hardesty, Ogletree, Schilens

Lessons learned: Injuries suck, FAs are risky in the WSL, as are unproven WRs

The Draft

Like last year, I was fortunate enough to have a pick in the middle of the draft, where (hopefully) there is value falling off the turns. Plus, you rarely get burned by big runs like you might if you're in or near the corner.

1.08 - Darren McFadden, RB8, Oakland Raiders - Surveying the WSL drafts, it felt like 1.08 was the beginning of the second tier of RBs. The closer my pick approached, the more hopeful (and excited) I was at the chance that MJD or McCoy would fall. But it wasn't mean to be as BostonFred and Jeter23 are smarter than that. AJ and Vick should have been considerations here, but I'm pretty uncomfortable taking anything but RB in the first. I'll need to remember and correct that going forward through the SL season.

2.09 - Steven Jackson, RB14, St. Louis Rams – Welcome back (for the third year in a row) to team BusMan, SJ39! I love me some SJax, even though you can feel (but not quite see) that he is drawing closer to the cliff. Dude is like the Leroy Hoard of RB2s (need 6 points to win your FF game? I'll get you 12.5. Need 20? I'll get you 12.5) and was a slight consideration (because of my man crush) in the first. Glad to get him in the second so I can comfortably ignore the position for the heart of the draft.

3.08 - Marques Colston, WR15, New Orleans Saints – I have no great love for Colston but he seemed the best option to start my WR group. Strongly considered Lloyd here and glad I didn't take him because...

4.09 - Brandon Lloyd, WR21, Denver Broncos – I guess its possible 2010 was Lloyd's magnum opus, but I doubt he'll lose a leg or something similar that would cause him to end up as low as WR21. I guess folks are scared off by the uncertainty surrounding Fox's conservative offensive history and the QB situation in Denver?

5.08 - Matt Ryan, QB12, Atlanta Falcons – I don't really like taking QBs in the first 3/4 rounds in these SLs, but at some point you have to get someone who can at least provide a floor for the position. Taking my QB1 so late means I'll need my QB2 sooner rather than later.

6.09 - Brandon Pettigrew, TE12, Detroit Lions – Sloughed a bit on TE and ended up with a highly talented pass catcher with injury concerns (both to himself and his QB). Looking back at 2010s scoring, though, showed that Pettigrew was comparable to any non-Witten TE in week-to-week scoring value. Pretty pleased with that.

7.08 - Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB21, Buffalo Bills – Fitzpatrick really seemed to ingratiate himself with the Buffalo team and fan base with his unexpectedly solid performance last year. I don't think he's safe from the Bills bringing in some competition this offseason, but I'm hopeful he'll be able to grit out a starting season so long as the Bills don't draft Cam Newton. OK, so I'm done with my QBs now.

8.09 - Davone Bess, WR43, Miami Dolphins – Bess is not sexy but he's a warm blanket in the cold, wet world of this format. He was on my short list for a couple of rounds at this point and was happy to get his PPR production as my WR3.

9.08 - Todd Heap, TE19, Baltimore Ravens – Like SJax, Heap is a veteran I always seem to draft in these formats. I love his steady production, but he certainly comes with the risks associated with several past seasons full of injuries. Another warm blanket pick, although one with a few more frays and tears.

10.09 - Mark Clayton, WR57, St. Louis Rams – Clayton was the early season WR surprise in 2010 before he was injured. That said, I think he fell just a touch too far here. Certainly there are questions about his recuperation and his is a free agent. The chance that he'll re-spark the chemistry he had with Bradford seems worth the price in the 10th.

11.08 - Jerome Simpson, WR64, Cincinnati Bengals – Gotta keep throwing WRs at the proverbial wall to see what might stick, and Simpson seems like hes in line for an increase in playing time, targets and stats across the board. Cincinnati is once again in turmoil, so there is quite a bit of risk here: is Palmer coming back/back to form (doubtful)? Ochocinco/Johnson? How do Shipley and Bubba Caldwell factor in? The situation is murky but hope reigns eternal in mid-February.

12.09 - Oakland Raiders, DEF8 – Can't remember why I drafted Oakland this high, especially with an offensive head coach taking over for a defensive-minded one.

13.08 - Thomas Jones, RB55, Kansas City Chiefs – Time to finally grab another RB. I know Jones is way too old to be a productive back, but the dude has built himself into a tank. If he gets some mop up/goal line love that'll be good enough.

14.09 - Seattle Seahawks, DST24 – The NFC West is perennially down right!?

15.08 - Sebastian Janikowski, PK5, Oakland Raiders – The polish powder keg sure does have a big boot. After this pick I write NO MORE OAKLAND RAIDERS at the top of my draft list.

16.09 - Eric Decker, WR79, Denver Broncos – Could be a bit screwed if the Broncos and Raiders end up with the same bye week. My favorite part of this draft is how Gaffney/Royal/Decker are three of the next five WRs off the board after the news of Thomas' achilles injury broke. Decker was the last to go and I think he has a great shot to be the most productive. Gaffney is his biggest concern, but Jabar could be marginalized now that his main man McDaniels is in St. Louis. Looking forward to watching how this pick turns out.

17.08 - John Kasay, PK26, Carolina Panthers - Do you really need two PKs? Perhaps not but I feel a little naked with only one. Another blankie pick.

18.09 - Brandon Jackson, RB67, Green Bay Packers – Here is where I flamed royally by typing out Jackson as my pick, then thinking I realized Anthony Dixon hadn't been picked yet and embarrass myself in the process. So back to Jackson I went. Yes, hes not a very good between the tackles runner. Yes, Starks and Grant and Kuhn are still in GB. Yes, he's a free agent. But his role seems pretty much set as a third-down back, although his team situation probably can't get much better than GB. In PPR, though, I'll take the chance that he snags 40 receptions somewhere in the NFL.

19.08 - Jacquizz Rogers, RB73, Oregon State Beavers – I don't watch college ball and don't know a thing about this dude. Didn't like the available RB options so decided to snag a rookie and simply took the best available according to Mike Mayock's list. Bonus that the dude has a sweet name.

20.09 - Deon Butler, WR106, Seattle Seahawks – Not expecting anything out of him with his injury and the messed up WR depth chart in Seattle.

QBs: high floor, low ceiling seems like the best I can expect from this group.

My RBs are solid as they should be with the investment. Will need one of my backend three to overacheive to take this group over the edge.

Love the mix of risk/upside and PPR reliability in my WR corps.

TEs are suitable but not explosive.

DEFs and PKs exist.

I was stuck in jury duty all last week and have been working all weekend. I hope to get to this at some point next week.

Adding Bye weeks:

Positional breakdown:

Quarterbacks:

3.03 Jeff Pasquino - Tom Brady, QB6, New England (7)

6.14 Jeff Pasquino- Matthew Stafford, QB19, Detroit (9)

Running Backs:

1.03 Jeff Pasquino - Chris Johnson, Tenn., RB3 (6)

9.03 Jeff Pasquino - Michael Bush, RB39, Oakland (8)

20.14 Jeff Pasquino - Javon Ringer, Tennessee, RB80 (6)

Wide Receivers:

2.14 Jeff Pasquino - DeSean Jackson, WR10, Philadelphia (7)

5.03 Jeff Pasquino- Mike Williams, WR28, Seattle (6)

8.14 Jeff Pasquino - James Jones, WR46, Green Bay (8)

13.03 Jeff Pasquino - Devin Hester, WR74, CHI (8)

17.03 Jeff Pasquino - Devery Henderson, New Orleans, WR79 (11)

18.14 Jeff Pasquino - Blair White, Indianapolis, WR92 (11)

Tight Ends:

4.14 Jeff Pasquino - Chris Cooley, TE7, Washington (5)

10.14 Jeff Pasquino - Jared Cook, TE23, Tennessee (6)

Kickers:

15.03 Jeff Pasquino - Rob Bironas, Tennessee, PK4 (6)

16.14 Jeff Pasquino- Jay Feely, Arizona, PK20 (6)

Defenses/Special Teams:

11.03 Jeff Pasquino - Pittsburgh Steelers, Def1 (11)

12.14 Jeff Pasquino- Philadelphia Eagles, Def10 (7)

Lost on my kickers in Week 6. Oh well, hopefully that's not too bad.

2.10 Jeter23 - Aaron Rodgers, QB2, Green Bay (8)

10.10 Jeter23 - Vince Young, QB29, Tennessee (6, for now)

17.07 Jeter23 - Matt Flynn, QB31 (8)

Having Rodgers really helps, especially since I felt forced to take VY. That was easily the pick I hated the most. I knew from the beginning I would take Flynn and might have reached, but in the 17th, I am okay with that. He gives me either a handcuff to AR or a QB2 with upside if he is dealt.

1.07 Jeter23 - LeSean McCoy, RB7, Philadelphia (7)

5.07 Jeter23 - LeGarrette Blount, RB23, Tampa Bay (8)

11.07 Jeter23 - Tim Hightower, RB49, Arizona (6)

18.10 Jeter23 - John Kuhn, Green Bay, RB68 (8)

I was happy with Shady in the 1st, but it is ugly from there. I liked the value of Blount in the 5th, but he is no sure thing. This is easily my weakest spot.

3.07 Jeter23 - Brandon Marshall, WR14, Miami (5)

4.10 Jeter23 - Percy Harvin, WR22, Minnesota (9)

6.10 Jeter23 - Chad Johnson, WR35, Cincinnati (7)

8.10 Jeter23 - Hines Ward, WR44, Pittsburgh (11)

14.10 Jeter23 - Jabar Gaffney, WR75, Denver (6)

19.07 Jeter23 - Brandon LaFell, Carolina, WR97 (9)

20.10 Jeter23 - Jonathan Baldwin, ?, WR107 (?)

A strength for my team with plenty of vets that normally stay healthy. Wish I had taken Roberts over LaFell late.

7.07 Jeter23 - Aaron Hernandez, TE16, New England (7)

9.07 Jeter23 - Jermaine Gresham, TE18, Cincinnati (7)

Looking back, I wish I had Olsen/Kolb instead of Gresham/VY. I like Hernandez to show more consistency in that offense.

15.07 Jeter23 - Adam Vinatieri, Indianapolis, PK6 (11)

16.10 Jeter23- Lawrence Tynes, NY Giants, PK17 (7)

12.10 Jeter23- Dallas Cowboys, Def9 (5)

13.07 Jeter23- Atlanta Falcons, Def14 (8)

Will be hurting week 7 with no TE, but with these RBs, I probably won't have to worry about that. :(

My draft:

Positional breakdown:

Running Backs:

Thomas :thumbup:

My draft:

Positional breakdown:

Running Backs:

Thomas :thumbup:
Now Hunter in SF as Gore's handcuff. Week 7 bye. TEN (CJ2K/Ringer) - 6, OAK (Bush) - 8, MIA (Thomas) - 5, SF (Hunter) - 7. Liking that.

Users who are viewing this thread