What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 - Rounds 5-8 (1 Viewer)

6.15 V. Jackson WR SD

I was hoping to nab Chester Taylor here and cover the Minny RBBC, but no luck.

I'll take VJax who I think will bust out this year. Rivers should show more improvement and the reliance on LT should diminish as the wear and tear startes to have an impact.

I see Jeff is here having a light snack, so I won't bother with the PM.

Cool my WR is available.

6.16 Bobby Engram, WR, Seattle Seahawks

#12 WR in this format last year, and with the current status in Seattle likely to keep him in the starting lineup (plus Hackett's inability to stay healthy so far) I really like thi s pick. Glad he came back to me.

Next pick? Well, I wanted Heap (and I thought Sheffler woudl last longer) but at least there's still a very good option left - so I will take

7.01 Jeremy Shockey, New York Giants

to be my #1 TE.

7.02 Santana Moss WR WAS

More than a little surprised he is still available since he went 4.10 in WSL I. I'll gladly take him in the 7th. (Unless I'm blind and just can't see that he was already taken)

Cool my WR is available.

#12 WR in this format last year, and with the current status in Seattle likely to keep him in the starting lineup (plus Hackett's inability to stay healthy so far) I really like thi s pick. Glad he came back to me.
I hate this pick. I would have loved to have him on my team, and I usually think he's a great pick in these leagues, but this is way too early for him. He's a great guy when the other receivers are dinged up, which they always are, but when the other guys are healthy, he's a total crapshoot each week. That's great in the tenth round, but at the sixth/seventh turn, you're paying a premium for a guy who's coming off a great year.

:moneybag: Your avatar was dark - that usually means you're offline.Sorry - thanks for moving it along.
because I'm invisible so I can moderate threads without getting hassled by people.
So then I guess you shouldn't be surprised that I didn't know you were around.....
I guess.but you can pretty much assume that I'm around the boards at all times.
What does it mean that your avatar was dark? I've never heard of that before. And are you seriously always here?

What does it mean that your avatar was dark? I've never heard of that before. And are you seriously always here?
actually, I don't know what that means either. I think it has to do with whether a person is at the site or not, but I've never seen an avatar go dark or light up.pretty much, if I'm near a computer. I don't read many threads or post all the time, but I'm usually keeping an eye on things.

actually, I don't know what that means either. I think it has to do with whether a person is at the site or not, but I've never seen an avatar go dark or light up.pretty much, if I'm near a computer. I don't read many threads or post all the time, but I'm usually keeping an eye on things.
Next to your name on the site, there is a little faceless guy that is either orange/red or grey (looks like a head and shoulders or "bust"). If it is grey, you're offline. If it is "lit up", you're online.

Cool my WR is available.

I hate this pick. I would have loved to have him on my team, and I usually think he's a great pick in these leagues, but this is way too early for him. He's a great guy when the other receivers are dinged up, which they always are, but when the other guys are healthy, he's a total crapshoot each week. That's great in the tenth round, but at the sixth/seventh turn, you're paying a premium for a guy who's coming off a great year.
#37 off the board and will be my WR3 most weeks. Finished 12th last year even with other 'hawks trying to keep him in the slot / on the bench. There's also no way he lasts until the 8/9 turn, so if I want him he must be picked here (he was long gone in WSL1 by Round 8).As for other WRs, I'd be curious to hear who's better at WR37 than him. He's likely going to be the leading receiver for Seattle (again) and Hass is on record in saying that he is his go-to guy, especially in the Red Zone.

Then again, last time you didn't like my Tomlinson team either and I did fine - but I don't see who else I'd take over him at WR.

I considered Santana Moss briefly - but Moss was outscored by Engram in all but 4 weeks last year, and I don't see Engram declining enough or Moss "booming" enough to be more worthwhile.

Plus I'll be taking more "boom vs. bust" WRs later that can put up a 15-20 week then put up a 2-3 week. Having a steady 10-15 guy week after week is a nice WR3 baseline. Engram had 3 weeks <10 last year and two were 9's.

7.09 Alge Crumpler

I really struggled with this pick. They have to get him the ball next season... right?

Last edited by a moderator:
#37 off the board and will be my WR3 most weeks. Finished 12th last year even with other 'hawks trying to keep him in the slot / on the bench. There's also no way he lasts until the 8/9 turn, so if I want him he must be picked here (he was long gone in WSL1 by Round 8).As for other WRs, I'd be curious to hear who's better at WR37 than him. He's likely going to be the leading receiver for Seattle (again) and Hass is on record in saying that he is his go-to guy, especially in the Red Zone. Then again, last time you didn't like my Tomlinson team either and I did fine - but I don't see who else I'd take over him at WR.I considered Santana Moss briefly - but Moss was outscored by Engram in all but 4 weeks last year, and I don't see Engram declining enough or Moss "booming" enough to be more worthwhile.Plus I'll be taking more "boom vs. bust" WRs later that can put up a 15-20 week then put up a 2-3 week. Having a steady 10-15 guy week after week is a nice WR3 baseline. Engram had 3 weeks <10 last year and two were 9's.
I took Engram in WSL1 as WR39 at 7.08, over Galloway (whom Cap'n Hook took with the next pick). My reasoning:
Galloway was the other one I looked at; chose Engram more for stability sake. With two other guys in SSmith and Boldin who have the tendency to put up some 2-17 days, getting Engram was more important. PVH already has Marshall and Welker on board, so getting a more boom/bust pick in Joey is a better fit, at least in my opinion.
I don't expect last year's numbers, but even a 20% drop puts him around WR24. Won't likely win you immunity but will provide a floor for your WR points.

WR Kevin Walter, HOU
Really?Seems a bit early for him. Like him that much?
a few other WRs I had higher than him were undraftable for me b/c I already have players from the same team, and they seemed riskier to me anyway.looks like he was WR40 last year in terms of average points/game, and that was with a very slow start (4 catches for 34 yards in the first 3 weeks).

he finished the year with 65 receptions for 800 yards. I'll gladly take that as my WR3, and I think he can certainly improve on his 4 TDs from this year.

he was also pretty consistent with 3 or more receptions in all but 1 game from week 4 to week 16.

lastly, he finished pretty strong with 3 TDs in his last 5 games.

WR Kevin Walter, HOU
Really?Seems a bit early for him. Like him that much?
a few other WRs I had higher than him were undraftable for me b/c I already have players from the same team, and they seemed riskier to me anyway.looks like he was WR40 last year in terms of average points/game, and that was with a very slow start (4 catches for 34 yards in the first 3 weeks).

he finished the year with 65 receptions for 800 yards. I'll gladly take that as my WR3, and I think he can certainly improve on his 4 TDs from this year.

he was also pretty consistent with 3 or more receptions in all but 1 game from week 4 to week 16.

lastly, he finished pretty strong with 3 TDs in his last 5 games.
Part of my question was (A) surprise to see him so early and (B) to hear your thoughts.Personally I think he would have lasted another pass back to you, affording you a better player here (possibly) - but I don't know if the next 6-7 drafters would agree that he'd still be there.

I don't even think he's gone yet in WSL1 which IIRC is 1-2 rounds ahead of us (but we're gaining).

lots of bad drafting going on in WSL1 so far, IMO.

not going to rely on that and then watch somebody snatch a guy I want here.

doesn't make much sense to use 1 draft as a reliable gauge of player value across 15 other owners.

and I don't see a better player out there anyway. that's why I took him.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
lots of bad drafting going on in WSL1 so far, IMO.not going to rely on that and then watch somebody snatch a guy I want here.doesn't make much sense to use 1 draft as a reliable gauge of player value across 15 other owners.and I don't see a better player out there anyway. that's why I took him.
Memories of Antonio Bryant / Wimer come flooding back.....Good luck with that call, but I think it was 1-2 rounds early on him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Walter isn't even the starter this year.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
lots of bad drafting going on in WSL1 so far, IMO.not going to rely on that and then watch somebody snatch a guy I want here.doesn't make much sense to use 1 draft as a reliable gauge of player value across 15 other owners.and I don't see a better player out there anyway. that's why I took him.
Memories of Antonio Bryant / Wimer come flooding back.....Good luck with that call, but I think it was 1-2 rounds early on him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Walter isn't even the starter this year.
:mellow:

Aaron Rudnicki said:
:mellow:
For one thing he's not got much upside, IMO.He is cheap contractually, so he'll be a Texan - but so will a few other younger and faster guys too (not dropping any names).Also if the run game gets better for Houston the production through the passing game may go down a little.Mostly I wasn't that impressed by Walter. I see him as a capable receiver and a "move the chains" 3rd down / possession type receiver. That's all well and good for a nice solid WR, but I don't see a ton of upside.Looking more at his 2007 season I see a lot of his production came with AJ out. 49 targets, 30-401-1 in a 4 game stretch there about October.He looked capable in the last 8 games sure but I don't know about him. Maybe you can sell me on him over the next few months, but right now I'm not that enthused.

there's not a lot else out there at this point.

I'm not particularly thrilled with the pick, but I didn't see much else out there I liked either.

no clue why you think I'm going to bother trying to sell anyone on him. it's a draft pick in january for a free message board survivor league.

Another boom/bust pick.

Rudi Johnson

That gives me:

Brett Favre

Larry Johnson

Deuce McAllister

Rudi Johnson

Plaxico Burress

Marvin Harrison

Kellen Winslow

Too bad we can't make trades in this league because I definitely have good names on this team.

Another boom/bust pick.

Rudi Johnson

That gives me:

Brett Favre

Larry Johnson

Deuce McAllister

Rudi Johnson

Plaxico Burress

Marvin Harrison

Kellen Winslow

Too bad we can't make trades in this league because I definitely have good names on this team.
Better draft a team doctor and whirlpool in the late rounds to compliment this crew. Based on last years ADP I see 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, and a 4th. This will be a fun team to watch.

Another boom/bust pick.

Rudi Johnson

That gives me:

Brett Favre

Larry Johnson

Deuce McAllister

Rudi Johnson

Plaxico Burress

Marvin Harrison

Kellen Winslow

Fred, you're looking at the 06 magazine! You have that team the year before this you're the champ. Maybe it'll be one of those every other year things and they all produce again.If you don't do well, it's because you don't have any Patriots on your team. I'm just going to try and draft Patriots for now on.

URGENT SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear NetZero Member:

Over the next few days you may experience trouble with your NetZero dial-up connection. To minimize the impact to your internet service you should visit http://www.netzero.net/fix and follow the quick and simple instructions there. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Gotta love seeing something like this when you sign on line!

If for some reason I get stuck and in danger of going overdue, Jeff can make my pick and keep things rolling. WSL's aren't worth getting too stressed over anyway. :popcorn:

URGENT SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Dear NetZero Member:

Over the next few days you may experience trouble with your NetZero dial-up connection. To minimize the impact to your internet service you should visit http://www.netzero.net/fix and follow the quick and simple instructions there. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Gotta love seeing something like this when you sign on line!

If for some reason I get stuck and in danger of going overdue, Jeff can make my pick and keep things rolling. WSL's aren't worth getting too stressed over anyway. :popcorn:
Yikes.Ok. PM me your number and I can just call you to update. No worries.

Will probably be asleep when my next pick comes up, so I sent a list to Jeff for rds 7/8 (just in case).

Can anyone take a PM list in the next 15 minutes?
Sorry folks, but I'll be away from my computer for most of the day. I'll check back in this evening, hopefully if its gotten around to me you all won't be waiting too long.

Can anyone take a PM list in the next 15 minutes?
Sorry folks, but I'll be away from my computer for most of the day. I'll check back in this evening, hopefully if its gotten around to me you all won't be waiting too long.
Just send one to Jeff and one to the person after you....I pick soon so, you may not want to send me one.... I'll have to send some pm's around in a half hour or so myself...

Users who are viewing this thread