What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo Dynasty league ?'s (1 Viewer)

KingDread

Footballguy
Next year I plan on starting up a dynasty league, but first I had a few questions on creating a dynasty league on Yahoo. I have never been in a dynasty league, but I really love the sounds of it. Anyways, here are some questions I have. Most of the questions deal with running a dynasty league on Yahoo only so keep this in mind.

1.) What happens to the league at the end of the year? I don't believe there is year round access on Yahoo from what I've seen through various google searches, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. If there isn't year round access, do you at least have the ability to use the league message board in the offseason to partake in discussion or discuss trades? This is my first year as commish at Yahoo (redraft), so I'm not sure how the offseason works for Yahoo leagues.

2.) I have some confusion with regards to roster management prior to the league's first rookie draft. Do you just add roster spots so people have enough room to draft players, and then make people make any necessary cuts after the rookie draft? Or do you have to cut a player for every pick you have prior to the draft? This seems kind of odd to me for the simple fact that you might have some guys on the bench you might not want to cut until you see which rookies you get. If the latter is the case, is this one of the reasons why dynasty leagues have deeper roster sizes? I mean I'm in 10-12 team redraft leagues and I have guys on my bench that I would not want to cut for an unproven rookie. But I suppose with 12+ (instead of 6-7) bench spots this would not be a big issue.

3.) Can you trade future draft picks? I would like to have a 4 round rookie draft prior to each new year, so would each team get 4 draft picks to trade?

4.) I have seen some people say you can trade future draft picks, but if you trade a draft pick, you must get a draft pick in return. Is this true?

5.) I'm asking these questions about Yahoo because that is what I'm familiar with and I like their website, but are there any other free sites out there that you would recommend choosing over Yahoo for running a dynasty league?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread