What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yankees/Tigers ALDS Thread (2 Viewers)

Who wins?

• Yankees

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Tigers

Votes: 37 68.5%

• Total voters
I think the Yankees are going to pound Fister tonight. He's not as good as his second-half showed.

Hope I'm wrong, but I can't imagine that guy gets away without 6 earned.

I think the Yankees are going to pound Fister tonight. He's not as good as his second-half showed. Hope I'm wrong, but I can't imagine that guy gets away without 6 earned.
That is twice as many runs as Fister has given up in the last 50 plus innings. I suppose it is possible, but I am more worried about getting hit by the falling satellite than that happening. You do realize Fister has a better ERA than your ace?

Last edited by a moderator:
yanks have slight advantage going into tonight considering tigers already batted twice vs yankees once and the scored is tied

I think the Yankees are going to pound Fister tonight. He's not as good as his second-half showed. Hope I'm wrong, but I can't imagine that guy gets away without 6 earned.
That is twice as many runs as Fister has given up in the last 50 plus innings. I suppose it is possible, but I am more worried about getting hit by the falling satellite than that happening. You do realize Fister has a better ERA than your ace?
Fister's starts since coming to Detroit include four (4!) starts against Cleveland, two against Kansas City, then the offensive murderers' row of Oakland, Minnesota, Tampa Bay and Baltimore. He did have one start against a formidable Texas lineup. Meanwhile, "my ace" was pitching in the AL East that included the offensive juggernauts of Boston, New York and Toronto. In fact, 8 of his last 10 starts came against Texas, Toronto, New York and Boston. I can't believe you would even attempt to compare the two. This is like comparing the SEC to the Big East.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fister's starts since coming to Detroit include four (4!) starts against Cleveland, two against Kansas City, then the offensive murderers' row of Oakland, Minnesota, Tampa Bay and Baltimore. He did have one start against a formidable Texas lineup. Meanwhile, "my ace" was pitching in the AL East that included the offensive juggernauts of Boston, New York and Toronto. In fact, 8 of his last 10 starts came against Texas, Toronto, New York and Boston. I can't believe you would even attempt to compare the two. This is like comparing the SEC to the Big East.
You are right, Fister has outpitched CC by a mile. It is a silly comparison. CC last 7 outings have been against TB (8th), Tor (5th), LAA (10th), Tor (5th), Bos (1st), Oak (12th), Min (13th). CC has given up 17 runs.Boston is the only real offensive juggernaut of that bunch, other than that it is a mixed bunch of mediocre and poor offensive teams. Fister schedule was a bit easier, but he only gave up 3 runs during that time. Schedule does not account for doing 5 times better. They are still major league teams he was facing.

You are right, Fister has outpitched CC by a mile. It is a silly comparison. CC last 7 outings have been against TB (8th), Tor (5th), LAA (10th), Tor (5th), Bos (1st), Oak (12th), Min (13th). CC has given up 17 runs.Boston is the only real offensive juggernaut of that bunch, other than that it is a mixed bunch of mediocre and poor offensive teams. Fister schedule was a bit easier, but he only gave up 3 runs during that time. Schedule does not account for doing 5 times better. They are still major league teams he was facing.
Um, I'm a Rays fan dopey.

I suppose the peppermint patty icon was suppose to give that away.

I suppose the peppermint patty icon was suppose to give that away.
No, but the statement "I hope I'm wrong" about Fister getting pounded and the 15-page Rays thread started by me sitting on top of the first page almost all year kinda should've.

No, but the statement "I hope I'm wrong" about Fister getting pounded and the 15-page Rays thread started by me sitting on top of the first page almost all year kinda should've.
My bad, I should have been tipped off you weren't a Yankee fan, but I don't wonder into the TB thread at all except to congratulate you on making the playoffs.

My bad, I should have been tipped off you weren't a Yankee fan, but I don't wonder into the TB thread at all except to congratulate you on making the playoffs.
No matter. Good luck to the Tigers.

doug fister is better than cc sabathia? did all the morons come out of the woodworks for the playoffs?
Didn't say he was better, just pitching better lately. Nobody has been pitching better than Fister the last couple of months. So expecting the Yankees to put up six seems a bit odd.

Can someone please unpack for me why a starting pitcher who throws one inning cannot come back the very next day?

This completely shukes me.

The yanks pay Sabathia plenty to go in Game 2 - and the guy is a horse who wants the ball. I would be SHOCKED if he didn't start tomorrow. That changes the series if the Tigers #### out with Verlander and wait until game 3 for him.

doug fister is better than cc sabathia? did all the morons come out of the woodworks for the playoffs?
Didn't say he was better, just pitching better lately. Nobody has been pitching better than Fister the last couple of months. So expecting the Yankees to put up six seems a bit odd.
Yeah, but jawn, jawn, if you can't see that Fistah is piling up digits against the Junior Varsity of MLB, you're lawst. The entire division is under .500, I can't go crazy about that.Fister pitched a decent game this year against the Yanks but they've hit him before. Really its a small sample size, but its certainly not one of projectable dominance. Realistically though, if the Yanks up 3 runs through 6, I'm inclined to sign for that right now. I'm betting Nova throws 6 to take them to Mariano and hopefully rest the pen.Really, perfect world, Nova throws a 7 inning "complete game"

tigers have no chance in this series with the yankees controlling the weather. they buy everything!

terrible job of major leaguebaseball of not moving the starting time of tonights game to 1pm. it was nice out all day with no rain and its pouring now, which they knew would be the case

Can someone please unpack for me why a starting pitcher who throws one inning cannot come back the very next day?This completely shukes me.
:goodposting: been around baseball my entire life so I "get" delays and starters etc, but they threw 18 pitches, how will this mees them up with a full off day.

Can someone please unpack for me why a starting pitcher who throws one inning cannot come back the very next day?This completely shukes me.
:goodposting: been around baseball my entire life so I "get" delays and starters etc, but they threw 18 pitches, how will this mees them up with a full off day.
I heard that they each threw about fifty pitches to stay warm during the rain delay as well. :shrug:

I heard that they each threw about fifty pitches to stay warm during the rain delay as well. :shrug:
Plus warm-up throws.

CC said he threw around 75 pitches between live action, warmups, and staying warm during rain delay.Anyway looks like no rain at time of first pitch :thumbup:

CC said he threw around 75 pitches between live action, warmups, and staying warm during rain delay.Anyway looks like no rain at time of first pitch :thumbup:
Gotcha, makes more sense then

Users who are viewing this thread