What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yellowstone - Paramount TV (3 Viewers)

The thing that bothered me about the river scene was Teeter staying in the water.  She has no qualms about being with the guys in the bunkhouse, shamelessly chasing one of the guys, invites the guy to skinny dip, yet when her safety is threatened, she keeps herself hidden underwater covering herself with her arms?  Get up and get out of the water when threatened, that's what that person would do, topless or not.
:shrug:  there wasn't anything threatening at first. In her opinion they were just two guys trying to get a free look. It wasn't until they said "we want you to give John a message" that things changed.. And by then it was to late to run.

I can’t remember exactly what happened when Walker was driven away from the ranch, I know he talked himself outta being killed, but not sure why Rip ends up at the bar where Walker is singing.  Did Walker not leave the state like he said and now Rip is going to finish what he was going to do earlier?  Can’t just be a coincidence that Rip is at that particular bar.

I can’t remember exactly what happened when Walker was driven away from the ranch, I know he talked himself outta being killed, but not sure why Rip ends up at the bar where Walker is singing.  Did Walker not leave the state like he said and now Rip is going to finish what he was going to do earlier?  Can’t just be a coincidence that Rip is at that particular bar.
they were like 6+ hrs away from the ranch because they mentioned that when taking the horse to the wild horse ranch.  I think they just stopped in for a drink so they probably aren't anywhere near the ranch.  Could be a neighboring state or at least well away from the ranch.

:shrug:  there wasn't anything threatening at first. In her opinion they were just two guys trying to get a free look. It wasn't until they said "we want you to give John a message" that things changed.. And by then it was to late to run.
The look on her face during that scene said otherwise to me.  Just my interpretation.

Just in case you avoid the previews :popcorn:  

whether the images were from a previous episode or the upcoming one is unknown.. But both "Victims" were shown in the Preview's

Well.. I guess that is one way to get back that which was taken from you :eek:

And now they know who was behind it all.. Wait till Beth finds out :popcorn:  

That was an entertaining episode, never would have guessed that was what John Dutton wanted back, I had to turn my head away, I couldn’t watch.

With all going on you knew there was no way they could end the story lines in one episode.. Just didn't expect them to leave us on the Cliff with so many ..

John .. Phone saved him from kill shot.. although shot in the arms should be fine. Casey hid himself well and knows how to shot so should be fine..

Beth.. can't see them taking her out of this show, and she did look to be diving down just as her assistant opened the 2nd box.. still , with Rip going as far as to exhume his mother to get her wedding ring.. :oldunsure:  

Of all they left us with , Jimmy is the one that deserves to die by tempting fate while not fully recovered.

Which leaves us Jamie..... Did Rourke get to him??

That mystery phone call that Rourke left a message for sounded like Jamie's dad... Jamie's dad plants the "To be the King, you have to kill the King" seed... so seems Rourke was working with him to pull Jamie into their plans. 

and now we wait until who know when.....   with Covid I'm not sure how far, if any, of season 4 they've started.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the season was outstanding.  I looked forward every week to watching.  Usually I DVR to avoid commercials, but not with Yellowstone.  

I foresee a "Rip Rampage" coming next season.  I'm not sure it was Jamie's "real" dad who Rourke was talking to but it certainly would make sense.   I could see him digging that deep.We

I initially thought the lady and kid with flat tire was a setup.  I still think this may be the case.  But it looked like they shot her too.  I don't think they shot the kid though.  Either way the van was heading to the ranch. 

Well next season is set up for allot of action and hopefully we don't have to wait too long for it.

I thought the season was outstanding.  I looked forward every week to watching.  Usually I DVR to avoid commercials, but not with Yellowstone.  

I foresee a "Rip Rampage" coming next season.  I'm not sure it was Jamie's "real" dad who Rourke was talking to but it certainly would make sense.   I could see him digging that deep.We

I initially thought the lady and kid with flat tire was a setup.  I still think this may be the case.  But it looked like they shot her too.  I don't think they shot the kid though.  Either way the van was heading to the ranch. 

Well next season is set up for allot of action and hopefully we don't have to wait too long for it.
Read an article that said they are currently filming in Montana so hopefully that means next season will be ready by next summer :popcorn:  

That mystery phone call that Rourke left a message for sounded like Jamie's dad... Jamie's dad plants the "To be the King, you have to kill the King" seed... so seems Rourke was working with him to pull Jamie into their plans. 
The call was to the old guy (with the son) agitator he hired that the Yellowstone crew killed in the previous episode.  

I do think the John “hit” was done by Jamie and his Dad, probably Beth’s and Kayce’s too but the Kayce one I’m having a hard time seeing.  He’s the only one Jamie has ever seemed too get along with.  

I thought it was just Market Equities going all Yemen on them.  I don't think Jaime had anything to do with it.  I think he was content with the power of attorney play he made thinking he has control from that.

I think the flat tire was what will ultimately be what saves Costner.  It kept him off the ranch (where the van was going) so they rushed the job and didn't finish it.  At first I thought it was a setup too but then as things played out I figured it was a blessing.

I thought it was just Market Equities going all Yemen on them.  I don't think Jaime had anything to do with it.  I think he was content with the power of attorney play he made thinking he has control from that.
I feel like the timeline is too quick for them to be doing it. It’s just an hour or two after the meeting. The foreshadowing of Jamie’s dad saying killing is what they do best along with the white trash looking van is what makes me think it’s his dad.

I guess we can agree to disagree because I thought it was pretty blah.  Just the same stuff over and over and over.  Beth, Jamie, Rip, Dutten etc they just all did the exact same thing all season. 

Also i seriously doubt a cell phone would stop a bullet if thats what they were alluding to.    I will probably watch next season though. 

I feel like the timeline is too quick for them to be doing it. It’s just an hour or two after the meeting. The foreshadowing of Jamie’s dad saying killing is what they do best along with the white trash looking van is what makes me think it’s his dad.
This is a TV show....sometimes normal time doesn't exist.  I would think Market Equities would have the resources to pull something like that off (all the attacks - the timeline suspended of course) over Jaime connecting all of those acts together.  I could see Jaime just doing Costner only but not all the attacks.

This is a TV show....sometimes normal time doesn't exist.  I would think Market Equities would have the resources to pull something like that off (all the attacks - the timeline suspended of course) over Jaime connecting all of those acts together.  I could see Jaime just doing Costner only but not all the attacks.
I could see him hitting Beth too as there is absolute distain between the two of them there. But as I posted above the Kayce one doesn’t make sense to me. That’s the hole in my theory about it being him. But while they definitely stretch timelines and TV shows I just don’t see them doing that that quickly here. They very easily could’ve just made it the next day or a couple days down the road. But they made it very clear it was the same day.  No way ME pulls it off that fast imo. 

The call was to the old guy (with the son) agitator he hired that the Yellowstone crew killed in the previous episode.  

I do think the John “hit” was done by Jamie and his Dad, probably Beth’s and Kayce’s too but the Kayce one I’m having a hard time seeing.  He’s the only one Jamie has ever seemed too get along with.  
Yea, that makes sense.. Only heard it once and with all the "Kill the king to be the King" talk going on thought maybe Roarke and Jamie's dad somehow knew each other as well.

They did a good job leaving the window open for who planned the hits...  Jamie, Rourke, even the Warrior/hitman for Thomas "rainwater" are all possibilities..
I don't think Jamie is quite ready to go all out king killing.. Roarke definitely seems to be the key one that went after Beth, John & Kayce.. Just think it was too soon for Jamie and Warrior to plan the hits.

At least a year to think about it and re-watch .. :kicksrock:

They set them all up to be the heavy.  The tribe.  The white collars.  The killer elite.  They all have motive and all talked during the episode about playing dirty. 

Rip's ring scene was awkward.  And I felt like the groundskeeper said he wouldn't "keep doing this for him" or something like that.  Wtf?

The meeting scene fell flat for me too.  Beth is always one step ahead, and seemed like she had a big card to play going into it.  She didn't know she wouldn't have jurisdiction over the land?  Come on.  And this multi-billion dollar conglomerate also wouldn't know there'd be an environmental lawsuit of some kind?  That's the big ace in the hole?

Oh well.  I always suspend my disbelief for this show because it's entertaining and visually appealing.  That episode was borderline dumb. 

Stupid lawyer thing that bugged me:  Montana recognizes sister state power of attorney.   Even if it didn't, there's no way Jamie can act as state attorney general and as attorney for the ranch in the same transaction.   Plus, since the POA was from John to Beth, if it's invalid it reverts to John, not Jamie.   There was no possible situation where John is in the room and Jamie could have had the authority to say, "as attorney for the ranch, I agree to sell."

They already addressed that conflict of interest in a previous episode.  They just sort of forgot about it for this one.

Stupid lawyer thing that bugged me:  Montana recognizes sister state power of attorney.   Even if it didn't, there's no way Jamie can act as state attorney general and as attorney for the ranch in the same transaction.   Plus, since the POA was from John to Beth, if it's invalid it reverts to John, not Jamie.   There was no possible situation where John is in the room and Jamie could have had the authority to say, "as attorney for the ranch, I agree to sell."

They already addressed that conflict of interest in a previous episode.  They just sort of forgot about it for this one.
I knew whatever that was it was bogus.  Thanks for lawyering it. 

They also glossed over the 2 dead dudes in the trailer pretty conveniently. 

so, Yellowstone ripped off "who shot JR" from Dallas.  

Did the Indians put out the hit? 

Did the big bad Jamie with his Crack ho killing Dad try to off everyone? 

Did the bad hair fly fisherman investor hire some hitmen? 

Who could it be?  tune in next season to get the answer to these questions and more.  

Who could it be?  tune in next season to get the answer to these questions and more.  
Lol.  That’s funny.  I’ve been describing it to those that haven’t seen it yet as a modern day Dallas.  

Jamie is a spineless twit.   I'm willing to wager it wasn't him.  
That's what they want you to think. So that they can prove you're wrong. After thinking that it IS him after rethinking and rewatching and coming to th conclusion that he's the Least likely, so it must mean it actually IS him.  :loco:

That's what they want you to think. So that they can prove you're wrong. After thinking that it IS him after rethinking and rewatching and coming to th conclusion that he's the Least likely, so it must mean it actually IS him.  :loco:
Thought about that, but you don't spend three seasons demonstrating over and over that someone is a total coward with no backbone to have them suddenly turn into a homicidal maniac.   For one, it leaves you nowhere to go with the storyline.   Plus, he's the AG.   His one skill is being a lawyer.  If he's going to sink the family, it's going to be with what he's good at.   Otherwise the whole buildup of his character has been for nothing.   

Thought about that, but you don't spend three seasons demonstrating over and over that someone is a total coward with no backbone to have them suddenly turn into a homicidal maniac.   For one, it leaves you nowhere to go with the storyline.   Plus, he's the AG.   His one skill is being a lawyer.  If he's going to sink the family, it's going to be with what he's good at.   Otherwise the whole buildup of his character has been for nothing. 
Yea, I think if they are going to turn him they do so over a few months. Would have to really suspend belief to think he would go from spineless to killer in a few days. But would not put it pass the writers to have John survive the shooting and Jamie start planning his climb to kingdom. :mellow:  

Jamie has already murdered someone on the show.  Murder gets easier once you've done it.  Trust me. 
Jamie killing that reporter was totally in character, though.  He did something stupid, then he tried to cover it up, then he acted out of panic and when he finally did kill her with no plan whatsoever he had to cry to Rip to help him.   Masterminding multiple simultaneous murders a-la Walter White simultaneously killing 10 people in prison  is totally different.   I have more faith in the writers of this show than that.

That was an entertaining episode, never would have guessed that was what John Dutton wanted back, I had to turn my head away, I couldn’t watch.
Could you please remind me?  I was :vodka: and can't remember and if I ask my wife she'll give me that look.

Jamie killing that reporter was totally in character, though.  He did something stupid, then he tried to cover it up, then he acted out of panic and when he finally did kill her with no plan whatsoever he had to cry to Rip to help him.   Masterminding multiple simultaneous murders a-la Walter White simultaneously killing 10 people in prison  is totally different.   I have more faith in the writers of this show than that.
Pretty odd that the pregnancy between him and the campaign worker never came up during this season at all.

I guess we can agree to disagree because I thought it was pretty blah.  Just the same stuff over and over and over.  Beth, Jamie, Rip, Dutten etc they just all did the exact same thing all season. 

Also i seriously doubt a cell phone would stop a bullet if thats what they were alluding to.    I will probably watch next season though. 
Hmmm, Beth asking daddy to marry Rip

Jamie finding out he's adopted and his dad murdered his mom and just as you see this POS that is his real dad, in half an episode you don't hate the guy anymore and understand why he did it, even if it was probably all BS.

John gets back what the man stole and it was the brand before they kill the guy

Someone, Rodeo Chick, finally calls out what the brand really is

Casey, lives in a trailer to keep from becoming his dad to start the series, is donning the blazer and thinking of entering politics in this episode

Singing guy (Walker?) reappears and embraces the deal with the devil he made

Yeah, I can see how you would think it was blah. I see nothing has changed in my six months away from the board. 

And the cell phone didn't stop the bullet. Watch again. There's a hole on the backside of the phone. It didn't stop it but it slowed it down. 

I thought they set this up in a prior episode. IIRC Jaime said something to the effect of, they’re not lawyers they won’t be able to spot the hole in the argument. 

I like the show a lot, but the first thing I said to my wife after the finale was that it felt like a cheap ratings trick a network show would pull off in the 80s or 90s.  

I get that Kayce’s wife is hot and all but she’s always whining, complaining, and #####ing about something. Even my wife hates her at this point. 

BTW.. The Ranch is real and you can rent cabins there.. Guessing with the popularity you better be ready to spend...

Oh, and due to filming of the show on the property, they are booked through 2021..

interesting "Spoiler" on their site:

This increased local production has created shorter reservation allowances. Chief Joseph Ranch is now completely full with reservations in 2020 and 2021.  

The filming schedule for 2022 is not available at this time.
If you go off that, there will be a season 5 ( filming in 2021 ),  and possibly season 6 (filming in 2022)  .. :popcorn:  

BTW.. The Ranch is real and you can rent cabins there.. Guessing with the popularity you better be ready to spend...

Oh, and due to filming of the show on the property, they are booked through 2021..

interesting "Spoiler" on their site:

If you go off that, there will be a season 5 ( filming in 2021 ),  and possibly season 6 (filming in 2022)  .. :popcorn:  
Read something recently (surprised it wasn't in this thread) that mentioned the writers are planning on six seasons.

I like the show a lot, but the first thing I said to my wife after the finale was that it felt like a cheap ratings trick a network show would pull off in the 80s or 90s.  
Every episode there is some sort of MacGiever moment of something that we don’t tolerate now days but for some reason we did back in the 80s. But let’s face it, not much else to watch on tv right now. I still have a few episodes left and kind of regret opening this thread. 

What is the purpose of the sister stabbing the brother in the leg with a knife at the dinner table?   I think the show is wasting too much time on that brother/sister hate relationship.  
After what we found out in season 3, it turns out wondering why there was so much hate was a build up that actually had a payoff. Very :(  payoff, but a payoff none the less. 

Users who are viewing this thread