What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You have the next ten years to make the most money possible…what do you do? (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
Let’s say your goal is to stack up the most money possible over the next ten years.

But there’s a catch…

The money can’t be generated from a previous source of money or degree/education/training/hobby/knowledge/etc.  It has to be made doing something brand new and different.

What do you do?

Start a business? What kind?

Do dances on TikTok?

Start pickleballguys.com?

:coffee:

How do you start a business without previously generated money?
Good question. I guess we you can start with a “small” amount of money. Maybe a cheap lawnmower for landscaping? Or cheap workout equipment for a fitness class?

How do you start something without getting to use your previous "degree/education/training/hobby/knowledge/etc."   I mean all that previous "experience" is what is pushing you in some direction.

Poorly executed question but interesting thought. How about “if you had to quit your current job and surrender your collegee degree (pretend its a thing), what would you do to make as much money as possible for next ten yrs?” Cannot be an ilegal activity. Everyone gets $1K in the bank to start. You cannot use any other savings to grow the 10 year egg. 

Do you have to continue with any job you have?  With a job taking 40-50 hours away from you each week, it makes it much harder.  

No job?  That gives you tons of options, as you have lots more time to develop something.

ETA:  With that said, I'm a pretty creative type.  I'd probably take 6 years to learn guitar or piano, then 4 years putting myself out there.

48 hours per week x 52 weeks x 6 years.  That's a hair under 15,000 hours of practice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Let’s say your goal is to stack up the most money possible over the next ten years.

But there’s a catch…

The money can’t be generated from a previous source of money or degree/education/training/hobby/knowledge/etc.  It has to be made doing something brand new and different.

What do you do?

Do dances on TikTok?

I do own thepickleballer.com and I'm about halfway through with the book.

Poorly executed question but interesting thought. How about “if you had to quit your current job and surrender your collegee degree (pretend its a thing), what would you do to make as much money as possible for next ten yrs?” Cannot be an ilegal activity. Everyone gets $1K in the bank to start. You cannot use any other savings to grow the 10 year egg. 
Put it all on black

I’m guessing in this hypothetical I don’t have a family to take care of and the goal is just to have the most money after 10 years?  I’d spend 1-2 years getting in insane shape and researching old rich women to marry.  Seems like that would be the easiest path.

Non-shtick answer, probably become a realtor.

I realize some folks are realtors, no knock intended at all. I’m just not a realtor, so I think that meets the criteria. 
Yep. Hard job right now as everyone seems to be doing it. But I figure in ten years I’ll make some bank. 

probably go get my CFP, write books and embezzle. 

Get a nursing degree in two years. Work a year and get some experience. Spend the next seven travel nursing. Bank a million bucks. 

Last edited by a moderator:

But there’s a catch…

What do you do?

Do dances on TikTok?

Are you going on that Undercover Billionaire show? 

My fallback plan has always been a shrimp skewer stand on Caye Caulker, Belize. There was already a guy doing it when I was there 10 years ago, but he's gotta be gone by now? Dude would roll up on his bike about 10:30am with a hibachi and a cooler filled with skrimps and beers. He would spend about an hour sipping beers, skewering skrimps and building his fire. About 11:30, just as the cruise ships were pulling up, he would start putting the skewers over the coals. He had like 10 different flavors/rubs/sauces available. People would come rolling off the boat and grab a $10 skewer as they walked by. He was generally sold out by 1:30pm and would pack up and head home. Seemed like a pretty sweet gig.  :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread