What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your 2023 Ballsy Callsy (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
Like the title states.

Come back to crow, or come back to eat it.... Stake your claim here for the 2023 season before she takes off.

My Lock? Justin Jefferson does NOT finish as a top 5 WR in PPR

Here goes a few ballsy Calls:

• Cousins finishes top 5 QB
  • Khalil Herbert is a low end RB1/high end RB2
  • Kadarius Toney gets and stays healthy to finish as a top 15 WR
  • Isaiah Hodgins is a top 25 WR
  • Hockenson challenges for the TE1 spot.
  • Pollard finishes outside the top 25 RB's

Here's a couple off the cuff thoughts, not really ballsy callsy's though..

Justin Herbert finishes QB1
CMac finishes outside top 5 RBs due to low usage
Chubb and Robinson battle for RB1
Chase WR1, JJ outside top 5, Olave in the top 5
Waller finishes top2 TE
Jacksonville flop relative to expectation

Titans shockingly win away in the wildcard round.
Hopkins over 80/1200/8
Henry over 100 ypg

For the first time in decades, the Packers QB isn’t good

None of these sound anything remotely close to what a Vikings fan would say :wink:

I like the Hockenson call, and I do think he takes a step forward this year to challenge for that top spot. He's the guy I'd bet on to be the next dynasty TE1 after/whenever Kelce loses the crown.

Pollard falling below 25 though, sounds like you're predicting injury there as I just can't see it happening if he's healthy.

I said it in the other one of these threads. Bijan is the consensus 1.01 in 2024 fantasy drafts.

Well, then allow me to lay another ballsy callsy...

Bijan isn't a top 10 RB in PPR this season. I see a good RB who isn't at the level of a saquon (or even chubb) out of college. And a MEH team.

Ridley finishes as top 12 WR & Lawrence finishes as top 5 QB.
Dotson surpasses Terry as the WR1 in Washington & Howell finishes as top 12 QB.
Tucker takes the RB1 job from Rachaad White by Week 7, as White just isn't that good...
Ridder becomes the new Jameis (the 2019 Tampa version), throwing for >4000 mostly garbage time yards and leads the league in picks.
Detroit wins the NFCN and makes it to the divisional round.

Just call it planting flags. We’ve been planting flags for years. We don’t need a ballsy callsy or a gut feeling or a “profess your love for Josh Gordon” topic.

I’m prepared to plant a flag like we did back in the day. Now turn down that rap & roll and get the HELL off of my lawn!

My “ballsy callsy” (cringe): Rashod Bateman doesn’t miss a game, finishes with 80 receptions for 960 yards and 8 ReTD.

Last edited:
Jonathan Taylor gets traded to the Dolphins before the trade deadline, and then gives a shoutout to Jim Irsay while raising the Lombardi Trophy and being named MVP of Super Bowl LVIII.
I feel like there are an awful lot of steps missing in this underpants gnomes type plan, as listed. :oldunsure:

None of these sound anything remotely close to what a Vikings fan would say :wink:

I like the Hockenson call, and I do think he takes a step forward this year to challenge for that top spot. He's the guy I'd bet on to be the next dynasty TE1 after/whenever Kelce loses the crown.

Pollard falling below 25 though, sounds like you're predicting injury there as I just can't see it happening if he's healthy.
I am not saying the Vikes are going to be good in the NFL. I have real concerns about their defense but I think their offense is going to put up a lot of points. Plus if I think Hockenson has that good a season it stands to reason that Cousins will have to have a good season. They kinda go hand in hand.

As far as Pollard goes, I have concern that being the guy without the Zeke battering ram wearing down defenses may zap his efficiency and cause some issues for him. I also wouldn't be surprised if he gets dinged with the increase workload so all that factors in. It's just a ballsy callsy!!

The top-3 offenses in the NFL are the Browns, Bills, and Chargers

The top-3 defenses are the Ravens, Commanders, and 49ers (assuming Bosa shows up)

5 guys that greatly exceed ADP-Dameon Pierce (top-10 RB), David Njoku (top-5 TE), Deshaun Watson (top-5 QB), Mike Williams (top-10 WR, stays healthy), Christian Watson (top-10 WR)

Biggest bust at ADP-Patrick Mahomes (finishes outside top-5 QBs)

2 calls for Jefferson out of the top 5? In PPR? Wow. There are only 2 scenarios I see that happening. a) if he gets hurt b) if Cousins gets hurt. What's the logic behind the call? I can see Chase and Tyreke scoring more TD's or getting as many yards. They won't have the # of catches as JJ though. Who else will have the volume to contend? You need 2 more to push him out. AJ had a monster year last and didn't come close. Diggs? Don't see it. No way the Jets throw enough for Wilson to outscore him. Who is your top 5 and what's the rationale on JJ?

Jahmyr Gibbs has us all smiling as we reminisce about the Jamaal Charles' glory days, and it starts this Thursday as the Lions ruin the ring ceremony and blowout the Chiefs.

Ballsy you say...hmmm......

1. Daniel Jones is the top fantasy quarterback in The NFC ( second to LaMar Jackson overall)

2. The New Orleans Saints win The NFC Championship

3. The J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets finish last in The AFC East

4. The Baltimore Ravens defeat The New Orleans Saints in the 2024 Super Bowl

5. The Cleveland Browns make the playoffs

6. Three teams from The NFC East make the playoffs,and one of them is NOT The Dallas Cowboys

7. Zay Flowers is the highest scoring rookie in fantasy

8. Russell Wilson is benched before December

9. Geno Smith and Brock Purdy come back to Earth and The Los Angeles Rams win The NFC West

10. The NFL announces The 2028 NFL Draft will be held in London,England

Just call it planting flags. We’ve been planting flags for years. We don’t need a ballsy callsy or a gut feeling or a “profess your love for Josh Gordon” topic.

I’m prepared to plant a flag like we did back in the day. Now turn down that rap & roll and get the HELL off of my lawn!

My “ballsy callsy” (cringe): Rashod Bateman doesn’t miss a game, finishes with 80 receptions for 960 yards and 8 ReTD.
I rarely post, but ballsy callsy is 1000x better than planting a flag.

Here’s mine - Justin Fields is a total failure and through injury (possibly fake) the bears find a way to get a look at bagent, who goes on to be their qb for the next 15 years and set every franchise record.

- Amon Ra St Brown finishes overall WR 1. Catches 130 balls for 1,700 yards and 10 TDS

- Deshaun Watson and Russel Wilson both mysteriously still suck really bad

- Alexander Mattison is a top 10 PPR RB

- Geno Smith is a top 7 QB

- David NJoku has 10 TDS and finishes top 5

- Nico Collins is the most criminally underrated WR at ADP in the past 5 years and finishes inside the top 20 WR

I rarely post, but ballsy callsy is 1000x better than planting a flag.

Yeah, well, that’s just like your opinion, maaaaaan.
Here’s mine - Justin Fields is a total failure and through injury (possibly fake) the bears find a way to get a look at bagent, who goes on to be their qb for the next 15 years and set every franchise record.
Don’t you put that evil on my dynasty QB. :rant:

Nico Collins is the most criminally underrated WR at ADP in the past 5 years and finishes inside the top 20 WR
This one seems like a regular call. I have no idea how I keep landing him in the 8-9th rounds, but I have him everywhere. Tank Dell is 4’3” & went before Collins in one of my leagues. Madness.

Geno Smith and Brock Purdy come back to Earth and The Los Angeles Rams win The NFC West
Can you name one player outside of Donald on their defense? Their D will be historically bad.
Ernest Jones will be FF gold, and Josh Johnson was a good signing, but otherwise I agree.
Beat me to it. Don't forget Michael Hoecht as an underrated DE for IDP purposes and Jordan Fuller at CB
I wasn't talking about fantasy prospects. Their real NFL defense is going to be atrocious.

Geno Smith and Brock Purdy come back to Earth and The Los Angeles Rams win The NFC West
Can you name one player outside of Donald on their defense? Their D will be historically bad.
Ernest Jones will be FF gold, and Josh Johnson was a good signing, but otherwise I agree.
Beat me to it. Don't forget Michael Hoecht as an underrated DE for IDP purposes and Jordan Fuller at CB
I wasn't talking about fantasy prospects. Their real NFL defense is going to be atrocious.
Oh I totally agree. But those are 2 excellent RL players as well.

A lot of pipe dreams here

But this one is not

Luke Musgrave ends up top 5 TE this year. The tools and opportunity is there for the taking

Clyde Edwards mid season takes over and becomes Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson 3.0
I find this one interesting because Vermeil relied heavily on RBs and Reid in this version of the KC offense does not. If you are suggesting CEH takes over and puts up Pacheco level numbers, then fine. But I am not so sure a KC back can put up an average 130+ YFS and 1.5 to 2 TD per game.

Last edited:
Baltimore finally realizes that Lamar just isn't a good QB.
Baltimore finally realizes that Lamar isn't just a good QB, he's the 2nd best one in the NFL.
Touche' and definitely ballsy. You know he'll have to basically double his historic passing averages to do that, right?
I think it's very possible that your definition of "2nd best one in the NFL" doesn't match mine. What exactly are you referring to?

Users who are viewing this thread